Start by marking “The Playbook” as Want to Read:
The Playbook

The Playbook

Things aren't always what they seem...

Some claim college is four years of trivial experiences, and a means to an end. I believed it when I structured my days in an endless set of routines. Then, I befriended Adriana. She brought with her baggage which would change my perception forever.

I also met Blake Angel.

What started out with some innocent flirting, wedged me, Sam S
Kindle Edition
Published December 11th 2018 by Maggie Jane Schuler

To ask other readers questions about The Playbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Playbook

Start your review of The Playbook
The Redhead
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Playbook picks up right where Up to Bat ended. We were left wondering what will happen with Sam. All of the questions you asked and waited anxiously to know the answers to are revealed but not everything will be as you expect. Maggie Jane Schuler does an amazing job of keeping the readers on their toes in this romantic suspense filled book.

I fell in love with Blake and Sam while reading book 1. I can relate to Sam's innocence and instant love for Blake. My whole heart wants them to find the
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Playbook picks up right where Up to Bat (Book 1) ended, so I'm going to say it, YOU MUST READ Up to Bat FIRST! I'm not going to into much detail of Sam & Blake's story here, as it's filled with a ton of twists, like the kind that have the f-bombs raining down, but will keep your heart racing like it did mine. But there's more to it than just the suspense filled story line, as they are in love, and trying to make a life together through it all. Of course, because of the chaos & drama, Sam is ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Well we get answers in the second book so that’s awesome. It kind of took a very confusing way to get there I felt. I almost wanted to grab my white board and write out what was happening. A flow chart or something. The mole isn’t who we think and toward the end I started to finally piece it together who it was all along. The result might shock you.

Sam is having doubts about how Blake feels about her. She isn’t sure if she should be taking the next step so soon and misses her regim
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
The perfect continuation of Samantha and Blake's story! Book two picked up right in the midst of the chaos and drama that the previous book cliff-hung with. This read was packed full of suspicion, deception, betrayal, violence and untrustworthy players. Oh and lots of love, can't forget that!

The author did a great job of balancing between Sam and Thor's personal relationship and the overbearing reality of everything that was going on with the CIA and capturing the men who'd been making Sam and
Margie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A finale for Sam and Blake

Book two takes up right where book one leaves off. Stubborn Sam, immature, headstrong, and impulsive, finds herself back in the middle of a conspiracy she knows nothing about. Guilty by association, she's got a target on her back and mystery folks breathing down her neck. Add in a stubborn, over the top possessive boyfriend, and you have an emotional time bomb waiting to explode. The Playbook takes us through Sam's mental reality slap, and the maturity she gains in the
Mindy
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the sequel to Up To Bat and needs to be read second-first book is just as well written as this one so don't pass it up! This book starts out where the first book cliffhangered-with a lot of questions unanswered but to they unfold immediately? No Ms. Schuler takes you on a ride of intrigue that will keep you guess what you read, because when you think you have it figured our, it takes a turn and heads in another direction only to make you question if your thought process was right to ...more
Mardell Bonasso
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maggie Jane Schuler has knocked this one out of the park! The Playbook picks up right where Up to Bat left us wanting more. Sam and Blake's saga continues with chaos, drama, suspense, mystery and love. The Playbook is full of twists and turns and fast paced action. I could not turn the pages fast enough. All the while, questions will get answered as to the bear, the diamonds, and the mole as Sam and Blake's relationship grows and matures. I highly recommend this series, Up to Bat followed by The ...more
Rebecca L.
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
The Playbook by Maggie Jane Schuler is a fast paced sequel to her previous book, Up to Bat. If you enjoyed Up to Bat , you will definitely enjoy this book! The great thing about sequels is that they can drop you right into the midst of the action and that is exactly what the author does in The Playbook . All the characters that readers grew to care about in Up to Bat return and I was excited to see where this adventure would lead me.

The Playbook is an adventure that is full of twists an
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This book is the sequel to Maggie Jane Schuler’s Up to Bat, and I was so excited to read it. MJ left us hanging after the first half of the book, and I needed to know what happened. Excellent edition to this story, and there were some plot twists that I didn’t see coming. Excellent edition to the series.

Reviewed by: Lauren L.
Everything Bookish  Blog
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
You won’t want to miss this epic continuation of Sam and Blake’s story. The twists are never ending and you’ll finally get some of the answers you’ve been waiting for. I enjoyed watching their relationship grow as they forged their own path. They jump through hurdles and face the world together. The characters have a depth that pulls you in making you want more. It’s emotionally gripping and fast paced.

**ARC provided for an honest review**
Lisa Marie
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After Up to Bat left me hanging I couldn’t wait for the Playbook!
How would Sam handle the added pressures of juggling a budding relationship with Blake, school and why she was targeted in the first place had me wondering if she was going to handle it all. And then there was the question of who is the mole?? With all the twists and turns this suspenseful story had me biting my nails and on the edge of my seat! This is a great duet to pick up!
Lauren
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Renee Atkins
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of the Park

This 2book series is awesome and I highly recommend it. If you like a good thriller and who dunnit, as well as some hit sex, then these are for you. Maggie Jane you've hit a homerun with this story!!!
TopsieJ
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The twists and turns continue!
I absolutely loved this continuation of Up to Bat. The twists and turns continue with a result I was really not expecting. Written so beautifully, I felt Sam and Blake's unease and tension throughout, keeping me hooked and wanting to know more and more. I loved the narrative of Sam's dreams, keeping Mitch's memory alive and helping us to feel part of and understand their wonderful bond.
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this awesome series, and carries straight on from where “Up to Bat” ended. Blake and Sam’s story continues as their relationship continues to grow and develop. No spoilers; this is a must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a well written flawless story, which is filled with suspense, twists, and is a thrilling read, which had me on tenterhooks throughout. I look forward to reading more from this talented author whose work I highly recommend for all.
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(3.5 stars)

This book starts right where Up to Bat ends, so it's best to read them together, in order, for this to make sense or flow right. I just had to reread since I read book one last year and couldn't really remember any of the details, and I was so glad I did, I would have been so lost. So, Up to Bat ended with Sam being kidnapped and The Playbook starts running and doesn't stop at all, there is constant action happening; Blake trying to keep Sam safe from the situation
Maggie Schuler
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Honest Reviewer
Aug 07, 2020
Zane Michaelson
Dec 13, 2018

• Witching Hour: Sinister Legends
  • The Heir Affair (Royal We, #2)
  • Letting Hope Enter
  • For the Love of Us: Fighting to Keep Our Love Alive
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • Dreams Come True: A Sweet Romance (Revised with Bonus Chapters)
  • All Your Twisted Secrets
  • The One (A Vampyre Romance #1)
  • Out of Love
  • Witching Hour: Vices and Virtues
  • Falling for Ben & Other Impossible Things (Garcia Brothers #1)
  • On His Face
  • Summer Sessions
  • My Darling Arrow (St. Mary’s Rebels, #1)
  • Breaking the Plan (Mill Street Series, #1)
  • The Dugout (The Brentwood Boys, #2)
  • Avaline Saddlebags (DI Dylan Monroe Investigates #1)
Maggie Jane Schuler is a wife, mother of three children who have flown the nest, and teacher by day. While she has always loved to read, the thought of writing her own prose did not strike until she was in the middle of writing her Master’s Thesis. From that point on she was hooked.

She resides in Southern California. Besides the family and books, she loves baseball. Since the Dodgers, Angels, and

News & Interviews

Here at Goodreads World Headquarters, we humbly endeavor to provide readers with book lists that will be useful, or interesting, or at least...