Start by marking “Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)

Blood Truth

(Black Dagger Legacy #4)

As a trainee in the Black Dagger Brotherhood's program, Boone has triumphed as a soldier and now fights side by side with the Brothers. Following his sire's unexpected death, he is taken off rotation against his protests—and he finds himself working with Butch O'Neal, former homicide cop, to catch a serial killer: Someone is targeting females of the species at a live actio ...more
Published August 13th 2019 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Blood Truth, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kristen I hope so! I think it would bring him fulfillment.

Start your review of Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
Sophia Triad
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I’m Boone. And I’m sorry that we have to meet like this.”

The book deals with another complicated love-at-first-sight romantic story and of course it highlights how fast a Male vampire bonds.

If she ghosted out, he would never see her again.
And why did that strike him as such a tragedy?

But things are never straight forward in Black Dagger book. So, moreover:

1. It introduces Syn and sets his book (and what a great broken character he appears to be!)
2. It brings forward the Band of Bastards (especi
Kat Valentine
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous trip into the world of The Black dagger brotherhood !! I love this spin off! The legacy series is always action packed with the next generation of warriors and the women that fight and love along side them. Boone has been one of my fave trainees from the beginning I knew Jr was planning something special for him as soon as he stepped up and showed his loyalty to the brotherhood. And helaine was a perfect fit for this warrior!!she is a strong,loyal woman who is out to find the mo ...more
Jilly
I've enjoyed this spin-off series to BDB because it really goes back to the older format of paranormal romance in this ultra-cool vampire world. We have the couple who always do the insta-love, but it's because of the vampire thing, so we allow it. And then the vampire-dangerous-edgy-world thing that tries to tear them apart. It's a working formula.

Looks like no one is thinking about the children. Sorry kids!

For the big, giant fan base of Butch, this is your bag, babies! Not only is Butch a main
♥ℳelody
*Review Up*

This started out good. Boone and Helania were sweet, their chemistry worked fine for the most part. The fact that Helania is a hermit who is shy and very awkward in social settings I actually found so relatable and refreshing as hell. Haven't had a BDB heroine like that in a while or probably ever? I did love that. Although I do wish the whole "what would Isobel do?" "Isobel would have liked this" etc., was toned down a bit or overcome a little more. Seeing Butch in his element of "c
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
While I enjoyed this read, I didn't really connect with the couple. I always love getting more BDB world and that helped make the book enjoyable. Overall it was a good set up to Syn's book.
Debra
Just when I'm out they drag me back in by naming Butch in the blurb.

*******

It's been over a month since I read this and the fact that I really don't remember a lot about it probably says it all. I do know Butch was in it quite a bit so yay! I also remember that (view spoiler). I also didn't dislike any of the main youngin's so that was a plus as well.

All in all, I guess it w
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

In the back of his mind, the tally of his sire’s neglect and condescension was like an electric meter going haywire, the count spiraling up into the stratosphere…

You are amazing. I know . . . I know that sounds like a line, but it’s not. You bring me to my knees and lift me up at the same time. It’s the definition of magic.

My Review:

I have been hearing this author’s name for several years - first as murmurs then loud rumblings and finally as shouted raves; but until now, I had n
Bev
I really enjoyed that, even though I worked out the baddie fairly early on. I was just thrilled to spend time with MY Butch - I love that man so hard!

A nice addition to the series with both Boone and Helania being great characters, with no ridiculous angst .... pretty much Ward doing what she does best.

And kudos to V's comment at the end of the book - best comment ever! 😂
Kat
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-3
This was a really great installment in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series! It’s a little hard to discuss this one without getting into spoiler territory, so I’m going to put the rest in tags.

(view spoiler)
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
There's nothing better than reading a new release from an author you can count on to deliver her/his best every single time! And deliver J.R. Ward did! Blood Truth features BDB trainee Boone's heartfelt, suspenseful story, and it's a thriller and love story all rolled into one. I devoured this book almost in one sitting because I couldn't stop reading. Ward weaves a complex plot, rich in details and high on suspense and then tugs on readers heartstrings by raising the stakes for some of our favo ...more
Ezinwanyi
My favorite scene in this book was on Page 103 (interaction between Butch and Vishous)
B: "I am praying for your eternal soul."
V: "Don't bother."
B: "Come on, don't you want to go to Heaven?"
V: "I wouldn't know anyone up there. And don't get too prissy with that religious bullshit, true? I don't want to spend an eternity without you, so you need to come to Dhunhd with me."
B: "Will they have milk duds there?"
V: "yes, but they'll all be melted together. And we'll be surrounded by Yankees fans, telev
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

J.R. Ward returns with another instalment in the Black Dagger Legacy series. This time, it’s Boone’s turn to have his happily ever after and I have to say, I couldn’t be happier to see something good happen for this guy.

Strangely enough, I wasn’t sure what I was expecting when I dove into this book, but I quickly rediscovered my love for this world as soon as I read the first page. There’s just something nostalgic about Ward’s writing for me. It takes me back to the time when I first fell i
R Y A N  ⚡️
2.5/5 - “Well what do you know?” BDB meets YA, next... also, that quoted phrase is said about 25+ times in the book *annoying*

This is the longest review/ rant I’ve written. If you’re a “slap a 5⭐️ review on anything Ward writes” skip this truth-fest. You’ve been warned.

This longtime fan has lost her shit with this book. I thought the Savior triggered my devotion to the series well, Blood Truth did in another way.

This book literally picks up a day before Throe’s party in The Savior. It’s ok if y
♥Rachel♥
While some of the whys behind the killings didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, I loved Boone and Helania, so still 4 stars.

Now I'm wondering what the hell is up with Syn. That guy seriously needs a HEA or a teddy bear to squeeze. I'm so behind on the main series, but consider me curious here.
Sammy Loves Books
4.0 "Can I say how much I enjoy the BDB" Stars

Wow...this book was gruesomely dark and not what I was expecting! Leave it to JR Ward to knock me off my feet.

description

I absolutely love the BDB spinoff with their trainees and major glimpses of the original brothers! It reminds me so much of the original BDB books with only 2 main plots instead of the whiplash effect of 5 stories rolled into one book.

Boone
description

Boone is the aristocrat that had to turn his father in to Wrath as a possible traitor in the last book.
Mamacita Slacum
3.5*

Not sure how I feel about it. I liked many things about it but not sure I Loved It. Dare I say it was just a tad better than Phury Book??

Say it isn't so...

Unfortunately yes! Boone & Helena were an adorable couple. A little too sweet for my taste, tho. It has a good old fashion mystery. It just wasn't un-put-downable.

The Best Part...
The Brothers, of course.
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

I didn't know what to think going into this book. Boone was never a favorite character of mine or one that stood out in any way for me throughout past stories. Color me surprised when I actually got into both stories in this book!

Helaine was an interesting character because of the circumstances with her sister. Other than that there wasn't much to her. She's an introvert and a recluse by choice. Her sister was the life of the party and she was happy being off to the side
MelissaB
This was my first attempt at reading a BDB book since John Matthew’s as I just was done with with how off the rails this series and writing had gone. My thoughts on the book? It was “okay”. The romance felt rushed and lack luster, I basically skimmed the sex scenes. I had to actually remind myself this was the same author who wrote the scenes with V and Jane many years ago. The plot behind the murder mystery didn’t make any sense, it was never explained how this person supposedly did these thing ...more
Jessica
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
You guys all know that I love the BDB series, so I was excited to finally be fully caught up on the series before a new release. I was excited for Boone's romance and another peak at the lives of the trainees!

Now that Boone's sire has passed away, Boone is left with a life he's not sure what to do with. He's never been enough for his sire, especially when he broke off his arranged engagement. Now, as a trainee in the legacy program, he's helping Butch investigate a series of gruesome murders. T
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I was more bored than anything with Blood Truth. I feel like a lot could've been cut down so that the romance could've shined. Review to come!
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4 Warrior Trainee Stars!!

Trainee Boone has been sidelined due to a injury, while recovering he’s teamed with Butch to investigate and solve a series of murders of female civilian vampires which happens to coincide with the death of his uptight aristocrat sire who had a habit of making Boone feel unworthy. While investigating the latest murder scene he meets Helania, who for her own reasons is also looking for the murderer.

To be completely honest I wasn't as excited about this one as I usual
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
The 5 star rating is for the enjoyment I've got reading this long time series as much as for the actual book but it was really good as well combining old and new characters, setting the scene for further instalments of the series and a murder mystery also thrown in for good measure!
Sophia
The Black Dagger Legacy has become like a scrumptious dessert to come after each Black Dagger Brotherhood release each year. I've enjoyed getting to know this scrappy second generation of fighters paired with one of the original brothers in a new adventure on the streets of Caldwell.

Blood Truth is the fourth of the Black Dagger Legacy series standalone stories in the BDB world. While they are loosely connected to each other, they are best read after the reader has at least hit the double digits
Jen Davis
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been a fan of the BDB spinoff series since JR Ward launched them...tying familiar favorite characters in with storylines that are much more romance-centric. And I enjoyed this one too. It dovetails directly from the events of The Savior (although I think you could follow along even if you've strayed from the core books.)

Trainee Boone turned in his father to the Brothers in that installment, for possibly conspiring with the old council to overthrow Wrath. His father was killed and now Boone
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I wasn’t really sure what to expect from BLOOD TRUTH by JR Ward because I couldn’t remember anything about Boone, the main character, other than he was in the trainee program in the Black Dagger Brotherhood and seemed somewhat quiet. I embraced going into this book blind with no expectations only that I was excited to read another JRW book, and I’m so glad I did because Boone was a bit of a surprise. He’s alpha but also beta, and totally swoon-worthy with a mixture of possessiveness but also suc ...more
Stacie
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, vampires
3 1/2 "Loyalty" Stars!

I liked it, but I have some remaining questions. Plus one little- big- thing has me shaking my head. Asking "why like that."?? 🤷🏽‍♀️

Boone and Helenia were both likable; as were the side characters. All the Brothers that made an appearance were more true to their characters' personalities than the last book. Butch has a big roll in this one, but not Marissa. It was good to be with the cop again. This one pretty much focused on the main couple. (This story takes place within
Lynsey A
Well, I think this is the lowest rating I've given Ward on a book (full book). I just had so much trouble getting through this story. It really didn't hold my interest too well. It picked up some in the last 20% but it wasn't super exciting for me.

The writing in this book felt different from the Warden's other books. There were still the Warden-isms in the book but the writing felt simpler than her other books. It was like a piece of Ward was missing while writing this book.

There were also thin
Debra Johnson
Blood Truth by J.R. Ward
Genres: Adult, Crime, Mystery, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
4.25 Stars

Written very differently than the other stories in this series.

Loved the main characters, Boone and Helaine. They were sweet and cute. While the romance had some steamy adult scenes, compared to most of the BDB & BD Legacy stories, this one was Mellow.

Loved the role that Butch took in this one. The mystery and suspense sent my mind spiralling. Butch really showcased his skills in the detective departme
Jenn
When J.R. Ward writes a book, you stop everything to read it. I devoured this in less than 24 hours and I regret nothing. My family can survive on cereal, am I right?

Let me start off by saying I love Boone and Butch! After the death of his father, Boone was taken of rotation and partnered up with Butch to solve the gruesome murders of women patrons of a local club. They worked so well together. We usually see the vampire side of Butch, so it was nice to see his human side for a bit. His years i
Carmen Boyer
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
So happy to read another BDB story. Boone wasn't my favorite character (not alpha enough for me!), but the story telling is still awesome and I can't wait for the next one!

• Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • At Death's Door (Deadman's Cross, #3)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink #3)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19)
  • Lethal Game (GhostWalkers, #16)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

Black Dagger Legacy (5 books)
  • Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1)
  • Blood Vow (Black Dagger Legacy, #2)
  • Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy, #3)
  • The Jackal (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp, #1; Black Dagger Legacy, #5)

Articles featuring this book

Ready to fall in love this month? We've got some suggestions… Every month our team takes a look at the new romance books and how early readers...
“I am praying for your eternal soul."
"Don't bother."
"Come on, don't you want to go to Heaven?"
"Will they have milk duds there?"
"yes, but they'll all be melted together. And we'll be surrounded by Yankees fans, televangelists, and no booze."
"We'll think of some way to pass the time."
"We always do.”
4 likes
“The thing with true family, from everything he’d learned? Sometimes they shared DNA with you. Sometimes they didn’t. And given that the blood connection only went so far, the friends you chose were what made up the slack when your relatives sucked.” 2 likes