Start by marking “Mixtape: A Love Song Anthology” as Want to Read:
Mixtape: A Love Song Anthology

Mixtape: A Love Song Anthology

What’s more romantic than a love song? A mixtape full of them.

Twelve bestselling and award-winning authors have curated an anthology of brand-new, standalone stories inspired by love songs.
Published January 29th 2019 by Shady Creek Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mixtape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mixtape

Start your review of Mixtape: A Love Song Anthology
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review of Broken Hallelujah by Sierra Simone

“Love, like God, has to be merciful as often as it’s terrifying, otherwise the terror of it all is for nothing.”

Oh Sierra, how I love your words!! No matter what this author writes, I’m amazed by her talent. Broken Hallelujah is no different. The story is intriguing, captivating, and left me wanting more.

What I loved:
Obviously, the beautiful prose and imaginative storyline. The writing is concise and material thoroughly researched and rendered.
The
warhawke
Mixtape is a romance anthology by twelve authors with stories inspired by songs. I will rate and review each story individually as I read them.

Reviewed February 28, 2019

Story Title: Wild Pitch
Author: Rebecca Shea
Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Every nerve in my body is on high-alert, and I’ve never felt such a combination of sensations all at once. Light pain, pleasure, tingles, and stinging.

Mia McNeil decided to go to her family cabin in the middle of nowhere
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

✲SAY YES by ELLE KENNEDY – Song: Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson – I’m in town for a wedding. We both swiped right and blew each other’s minds last night. But this morning? He looks a hell of a lot like the groom.

A deliciously sexy and light-hearted cat and mouse, where we meet Emilia who is at a hotel for the weekend, attending her friend’s wedding. In the mood for a one-night stand to release some pent-up sexual steam, she ‘swipes right’ on the delicious Dirk who is in the mood for one-nigh
Leslie
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What’s worse than being in love with your best friend?

Watching him propose to his girlfriend.

“Think I’m in Love” is the m/m follow up to Sombra. http://myBook.to/sombralove

Can’t wait for you all to read everyone’s story!! 99¢ preorder on #AppleBooks: https://apple.co/2SX2lwv
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

I only had time to read three stories ... I might find a little time for Rebecca Shea's story later tonight.
I started reading this anthology because I saw that Fallon from Medicine Man was getting a story in here! And I loved it. It was short but cute. I still don't love mega age-gap romances, but I was happy to read this story because we saw all the characters again!

Elle Kennedy's story was mega adorable too. Sexy, fun! I really enjoyed that one!

Xio's story was really adorable and artsy and rea
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Guys My Age by Saffron A. KENT
“Let me tell you what love is. It’s a burn. An explosion. It’s like I’m exploding every second of every day."
Forbidden, Tabboo, angst is Saffron's groove. You can feel the comfort level in her words as they flow easily like a brook. Meandering and navigating the rocky terrain of heart. What happens when a 3 year girl falls in love with a 17 year old, she's smitten and declares that she'll marry him one day.
It's the cutest thing ever!!!!!
I love you, Dean. I’m
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Music speaks to all of us, a single song can mean something unique to every individual person. Mixtape: A Love Song Anthology features the stories that a song tells to the authors featured in it. From the sweet to the erotic, Mixtape tells the stories of lust, loss, and love.

Many of the stories feature characters readers have been longing to hear from and for me, many were new. I had to get my hand on this anthology due to the authors in it, many
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

*review for ‘Guys My Age’ by Saffron A. Kent*

4.5 “Tiny” Stars

What can I say? Saffron never disappoints. There’s something to be said about Ms. Kent’s writing, she, without a doubt brings it every single time. And this novella is no different. It doesn’t matter the length, be it a full length novel, novella or short story, you still get the full effect no matter the amount of pages.

Guys My Age gave me all those feelings that a forbidden romanc
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an Anthology!! Make sure you preorder at 99c ❤️❤️

This one has something for everyone. You get M/M, F/F & M/F too. The heat levels varied between stories but all were page turners for me. I also found some new-to-me authors which I loved. Definitely recommend.

I received an arc of this book.
Brenda Romconfan
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review for Guys my Age by Saffron A Kent:

I love Saffron A. Kent’s stories because they never fail to leave me breathless, besotted, and simply aching to find something as intimate in real life as I do in her books. And, there is, of course, the audacious tradition of annihilating lines in the sand between men and women because her brand of quirky love transcends all orthodox social boundaries. This novella definitely lives up to this passionate fearless style, where the author takes on the seem
Rhonda Ziglar
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS FOR GUYS MY AGE BY SAFFRON A. KENT!! Wow, a perfect forbidden novella!! Fallon and Dean's story will take your breath away, it is a sweet, beautiful, forbidden love story. If all the stories are like this you definitely want to 1-Click this book.

5 STARS FOR BROKEN HALLELUJAH!! This story took me by surprise in a good way that kept me flipping pages. It was hot and delicious with all the feels. Jace and Devon have a story that you need to hear. Sierra Simone is one of those authors that t
Eliza
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

★4 STARS

“Telling her I love her might just ruin our friendship, but watching her marry someone else? Means losing her forever.”

Moment of Truth is the story of Dean & Gabby, they’ve been best friends since childhood but it’s only in college that that they dare to confront their feelings about one another. There’s fear of rejection on both sides, but ultimately it’s the fear of ruining their treasured friendship that puts the kibosh on them taking things further.

Years later and Dean torm
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018

Kelly Green
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Loved the idea of this. Songs that make a story! All. In!! All of these authors are awesome story tellers, and to have them all in one book was just phenomenal! Most definitely a One-click book! Every story was great.
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
~*~*~*~ IT’S LIVE!!! ~*~*~*~

My review only pertains to KL Kreig’s My Everything and Rebecca Shea’s Wild Pitch.

Kreig's submission to this anthology was a prequel of her excellent mindfuck of a book "Black Swan Affair." I had no idea that this would be the case, so imagine my surprise to get a second serving of one of the most anticipated releases (and top reads) of 2016. Just like the full-length novel, it's a smart, sexy, edge of your seat kind of read. If you've already read Black Swan Affair,
Ri
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Growing up as an 80's kid where mixtapes were LIFE had me super excited about this anthology. Add in the fact that it had several of my favorite authors and I knew it would be a hit for me. An anthology about songs that hold a special memory, what could be better than that?

Guys My Age by Saffron A. Kent
I love everything that this author writes. EVERYTHING. Yet, giving me a story like this one where she puts her taboo on something so beautiful and then with a bonus surprise of who these characte
Shelly | The Mockingbird Reads
*review based on reading Say It First by Nikki Sloane only*

So far I’ve only read Say it First by Nikki Sloane but if her story is ANY indication of how fantastic the other stories are, then Mixtape hits all the right notes!! I loved how SiF played off the end of Nikki’s most recent release in her Blindfold Club series, Three Guilty Pleasures.
My only complaint? I want SO MUCH MORE of Jamie and Anna!!
MJ
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019-books
*Updated to say that I am working my way through all the stories and holy moly, they are all INCREDIBLE. What a collection!!!!!!

Review for Guys My Age by Saffron A Kent

Well damn. Kent gave us what we have all been craving for since the end of Medicine Man: a glimpse of Simon and Willow's daughter Fallon and whether or not her crush as a 3 year old on Dean still held true. And I am here to say that yes (!!), 15 years later those feelings have not died, and with a car ride from California to New
Heather
GUYS MY AGE by SAFFRON A KENT - 5*
Guys My Age by Her Violet
So Sweet and SO freaking HoT!!! Eighteen yr old Fallon has loved Dean her entire life. He just happens to be 13 years older than her. Fallon decides it's time for him to find out how she feels. I adored this story. This doesn't surprise me because Saffron A Kent is the bomb dot com.
A nice surprise - Fallon is the daughter of Simon and Willow from Medicine Man!!

SAY IT FIRST by Nikki Sloane -
Say It First by Sam Smith

BROKEN HA
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, saffron-kent
Elle Kennedy was THE best. It put a huge smile on my face.
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review and all opinions are my own.

(Review of Moment of Truth by Veronica Larsen)

I could not wait to read Moment of Truth for several reasons. The first being that I have fallen madly in love with Veronica Larsen's writing. She makes her characters so beautifully flawed and their stories so heartfelt that you start to feel as if there a friend and not a fictional character. I was also excited to read the story when I found out that she used one of my fa
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
The Mixtape Anthology was filled with amazing reads right down my alley. Please see reviews for some of the books below:

Saffron Kent - Boys My Age

Good Lord!! Where is there a fan when you need one?! This story is a quick and short story based on Fallon and Dean, characters we will remember from Kent's Medicine Man. When Fallon, at three years old, told Dean at (seventeen years old) that she was going to marry him, she was not kidding. This story was sexy and delicious and filled with the requisi
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
🎵 GUYS MY AGE by Saffron A Kent 🎵 - [⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐]

Guys My Age is another classic Saffron A Kent forbidden romance and oh my freaking goodness I am over here swooning because ever since devouring Medicine Man last year I have wanted Fallon and Dean's story. My heart is still on fire and all I can say is that I desperately need more of their story...seriously please tell me this isn't all we are getting because I believe that their story deserves a full-l
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Think I'm in Love by Leslie McAdam is included in the Mixtape: A Love Song Anthology. It can be read as a standalone however this is a must read if you have read Sombra. This is Shane and Randy's story.

Shane makes a decision to propose to his girlfriend, Kim, before she leaves for Spain. His reason for proposing is another story.

Randy is shocked by Shane's proposal but he's up for the fight. The fight for true love. Can Shane move past his insecurities and accept his one true love?

I love this
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3 stars. This a cute idea for an anthology. Each author chose a song and wrote a story based on the lyrics to the song. There are a several stories I really liked, several I did not enjoy very much, and a few that were just okay, so I am rating this 3 stars. In general, I liked this anthology and felt it was worth reading.

Here are my thoughts about the stories:

Guys My Age by Saffron A. Kent- 3 stars. This story was about a 3 year old little girl who was best friends with a teenage boy and told h
Michell Hall casper
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm usually not a fan but I was excited for this Anthology.

1. Who didn't like mixed tapes growing up?!?
2. How can you not what to read with so much talent in one place?

Once I started I couldn't put it down. Some of these authors are favorites of mine and some are new to me. But I am happy I ready the entire book. All the stories were pretty good.

Guys My Age by Saffron A. Kent - 5 stars

No one does age gap reads quite like Kent does. I was so excited for Dean and Fallon's story and I was not dis
♛ Jarusauskas
Say It First by Nikki Sloane.

Nice story about two celebrities who used to know each other in high school. In spite of not being the best friends then but only acquaintances, they forged a very strong friendship when they got back in touch. Funny and charming in its own way, a enjoyable read to those who love this kind of friends to lovers theme.

Guys My Age by Saffron A. Kent.

I didn't expect this to be the story of Simon's daughter, the Hero of Medicine Man. But it was a pleasant surprise. Since
Passionpages50
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Saffron is a literary Maestro!!
As soon as I saw the author line up for this one, I knew for certain this would totally be my jam.
Not a second-stringer among them!
I can't wait to get through all of the stories and will be back with full reviews for each of them.
After all, it's not over til the 'phat' lady sings and all that jazz.

For now, far be it from me to ever doubt the ability of Saffron to make me sing the praises of an anthology!
Her naughty novella included a special treat for all of the de
Moon Love
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an anthology! I absolutely loved how each story was inspired by a song. Most of all I loved the variety of stories and tropes. There is something for everyone! M/m fans there are stories in here for you and for the first time I can recall, there is a f/f story too! And not to worry for all you exclusive m/f readers there are a lot of amazing stories for you too!

I was familiar with a few of the authors but am super excited to have read some new ones whose writing really appealed to me!

And
Susan Schuttee
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If this book is anything like ‘Moment of Truth’ by Veronica Larsen, then this is a must read!

I absolutely loved Moment of Truth! Gabby and Dean were great characters, believable and relatable. They were best friends since childhood, but neither Gabby or Dean wanted to mess up their friendship to explore more. Gabby is engaged to married someone else, the perfect guy, giving her the perfect life. Dean, well, Dean needs to make the most important decision of his life, it’s the Moment of Truth. Ve
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Spring Fling
  • Misadventures of a Curvy Girl (Misadventures #18)
  • Crazy Beautiful Love (Dirty Dicks #4)
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • California Dreamin'
  • Sweet Fate (Dirty Sweet Duet, #2)
  • A Lesson in Thorns (Thornchapel, #1)
  • Dreams of 18
  • O Come, All Ye Sinners
  • Sweet Liar (Dirty Sweet Duet, #1)
  • Feast of Sparks (Thornchapel, #2)
  • Cards of Love: The Moon
  • More (Ryder Brothers, #3)
  • Surprise, Baby!