Start by marking “Tempted” as Want to Read:
Tempted

Tempted

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  1,468 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Three steamy classics from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster.

Little Miss Innocent?
For Dr. Daniel Sawyers, sex therapist Lace McGee is a puzzle. While she keeps putting inappropriate ideas into his sister's head, Lace is even better at putting naughty thoughts into Daniel's head. But just how down 'n dirty is Lace really?

Annie, Get Your Guy
No one likes being tre
Published October 1st 2005 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Tempted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted

Amber
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I got through the first story, and just couldn't muster any interest to read the other two. The story was okay, but nothing exceptional - characters were trite and not very interesting, it wasn't very sexy, just blah all around. Definitely not Foster's best work - go check out her SBC series for really good romance writing and interesting characters.
Patty
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, library

Little Miss Innocent? - 4 stars
Annie, Get Your Guy - 4.5 stars
Messing Around with Max - 3 stars
Tina
Mar 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is a novella with 3 full stories. I really liked the first story. Both characters were quirky and the whole story pulled me in. The other 2 stories were similar in some ways. It kept me interested but I just had a hard time believing that women their age are that naive when it came to phyiscal interactions such as putting ones tongue in ones ear. Her: "You put your tongue in my ear!" Him: "Yes" Her: That was..nice. I hadn't realized.." Really? Really? I can buy inexperienced never gone all ...more
R.G.
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like when a collection of short stories like this revolves around the same group of people because it really helps develop the characters especially when you're dealing with such a short amount of time... and with each book I just fell in love with the group more and more... and I liked the humor and how it was rather light and witty... but also wasn't completely preposterous... the last one was the only one that felt like a bit of a rushed commitment... but hey I'm a big fan of falling in lov ...more
Maricar Dizon

“As long as I know you’re coming back, I’ll be happy.”
“As long as I know you’re here waiting for me, I’ll be coming back.”
- Messing Around With Max

Lori Foster’s books have always been my “Guilty Pleasure reads”. She’s the only foreign contemporary romance author I really read because I always enjoy her works. (But i do read other authors once in a while) And I enjoyed this collection so much I decided to finally write a review of Miss Foster’s book once and for all. Just to show how much I ado
Mandy
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first story was charming. The characters were well rounded, there was a solid backstory, and chemistry between the characters. It actually felt like a complete novel rather than a novella. This was the best story in the series.

The next story felt incredibly incomplete and extremely short. It was also eye-rolling ridiculous. The innocence level of Annie at twenty-five is just unbelievable. It is almost as unbelievable as Guy’s reasons for not pursuing a relationship with the heroine. This st
SweetSue
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
These three related stories about a set of siblings would have been better as one book, then the characters could have been developed more.
Little Miss Innocent? With Dan, the oldest brother, and Lace, the sister's friend and a sex therapist, was the best of the three. However it was only average. Lace is super annoying with her "I'm a bombshell" act when she actually has no personal experience about sex and even her relationship advice is only average.
The next stories, Annie, Get Your Guy, about
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Three short connected stories bound as one. The older brother, the youngest sister, and finally the middle brother. All three were completely unbelievable and not as fleshed out as they should have been. However, they were all fun and short with a fair smattering of sex. I'd go 2.5 but I'll round up this time.
Lori
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So hard to believe after the first story. The last story was just crazy! Who falls in love and you don't know eachother? And a wife for your dog? Crazy!!
Susan
LITTLE MISS INNOCENT?

For Dr. Daniel Sawyer, sex therapist Lace McGee was a puzzle. While she kept putting all sorts of inappropriate ideas into his sister's head, Lace was even better at putting all kinds of naughty thoughts into Daniel's head. But just how down 'n dirty is Lace really?

Fun book. Daniel is the oldest of the family and the one who feels responsible for his younger brother and sister. He took over as a parent figure when his mother died and his father fell apart. It made him reluct
Susan
LITTLE MISS INNOCENT?

Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This was three books in one, so I'm going to review each book individually

Little Miss Innocent? - 3* this was just okay for me. I did not really like Daniel or Lace and had a hard time getting invested in their story. The characters were perfectly fine, but it was just meh. I started this story and then put it down for a long time because I just was not invested. They were too antagonistic and even when they did finally get together it was still very quarrelsome.

Annie, Get Your Guy - 4* I reall
Tracy
~* 3.5 Stars *~
Quite Good/Okay/Somewhere In Between

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a sucker for a fun romance, and Lori Foster's written several that I've very much enjoyed. In Tempted: Little Miss Innocent?\Annie, Get Your Guy\Messing Around With Max, we get three connected novellas of varying length as two brothers and a sister stumble through the murky and dangerous quagmire of love and relationships.

In Little Miss Innocent we meet Dr. Daniel Sawyers, the eldest of the Sawyers siblings. H
Suzanne
May 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Still not quite sure why I finished this...needed another book to make my goal?
Purple
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
So so
J.L.
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it
This is really three short novellas in one book. The first books is about Daniel and Lace. The second about Annie and Guy. The third about Max and Maddie.

Daniel is a doctor, very rigid but loving. He had to take over responsibility for caring for his family as a teenager when his mother died because his father fell apart. He was very protective of his younger sister Annie. In comes Lace, Annie's best friend who is a sex therapist who is pushing Annie to get out of her shell. Things get interesti
Sara
Feb 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, short-stories
Despite my tendency to hate short stories, I found this collection pretty interesting. Maybe it had something to do with all the stories being interconnected, or that fact that Lori Foster is a damn good author. Either way, I am not complaining.
Out of the three short stories, I liked Max's story the most. (view spoiler)
Cindy
Contemporary romance with protected sex for all 3 stories. This is 3 novellas from 3 different anthologies. The first book is copyrighted 1999. The other 2 from 2001. These are different from what LF writes nowadays. The heroes are beta. They don't have to "save" the heroines from danger. They are straight up romances. They revolve around 2 brothers & their sister.

Little Miss Innocent : 3 stars. Liked the hero, Daniel, even though he was an "uptight stuffed shirt". The heroine, Lace is a v
Adriana Fogaça
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Doutor Em Sedução - Lori Foster
Título original: Little Miss Innocent?
Título: Doutor Em Sedução
Autor: Lori Foster
Tradução: Vera Vasconcellos
Editora: Harlequin
Ano: 2012

Conflitos!!! Podemos dizer, o de sempre, a guerra dos sexos. Homem preconceituoso e mulher moderna. Ingredientes maravilhosos para um excelente romance, ainda mais nas mãos competentes de Lori Foster, uma das melhores autoras do gênero.

Nosso mocinho tentação: Daniel médico e irmão mais velho, protetor e digamos preconceituoso. Na
PepsiGirl
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
There are three stories that break down how these three siblings find their true loves. First is Daniel the doctor who has an opposites attract reaction to Lacy that he finally stops fighting. Then Annie, the little sister that has a crush for at least ten years on her older brothers best friend Guy, who tries to treat her like his sister but he wishes for more. She drives him crazy trying to seduce him. The last is Max who is the middle brotther and hold out. Known for being the womanizer, love ...more
Sammie
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good ,these was 3 different stories in this book all by lori forster.

Little Miss Innocent? - &05&05&05&05&05
It was the best story in the book , i loved Daniel he was great & Lace was so funny ,i just loved their story .

Annie, Get Your Guy - &05&05&05&05
I really liked this story and when i first read it i thought it was gonna be my fav but it fell a little short ,but it was still pretty good ,i totally love Guy he was so funny & the way he
Pam Terry
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sweet fun, loved this book.....first story was about how a serious doctor falls for his sisters best friend...then suprise!! another story about the sister...then suprise again...his brothers love story. They can be three seperate books! they are fun fast and super sweet. Very romantic and I love the way the author catches the conflict between potential lovers and how they misunderstand each other, and how sometimes you just have to tell the person how you feel...it could stop a lot of heartbrea ...more
Bev
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Here is a contemporary romance novel that is just a lot of fun. It does not take itself too seriously, as many books in this genre often do. The title seems to indicate that it is some heavy-duty, highly dramatic story, but it isn't like that at all. The characters are witty and charming, and I love the way they tease each other with clever humor. This is a perfect beach read or mind-candy diversion.
Jill
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful book. It is three short stories that sort of run together. They are all wonderful and very interesting. I couldnt put it down. The romance in this book ,in all three stories, is so sweet and sexy. I loved how each book had all the different characters in it and went along with all the others. I really recomend this book for people who enjoy a sexy romance novel. I also recomend all of Lori Fosters other books also because they all have been great reads that I cant put down.
Shental
Sep 25, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoy anthologies. I enjoy reading connecting stories where I get to know what happened to more than one character. This book has both. Lori Foster puts three siblings stories into one book. It was a fun read. Very entertaining and enlightening into each characters life. Go to www.myownbedsidetable.com for my complete review. Thanks S
Bernie
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tempted is a delightful collection of the Sawyers Family trilogy.
Maggie
Aug 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The three stories individually I don't think I would have liked but reading them together in this anthology was great. I liked the flow of each sibling's story from one to the other. I honestly couldn't pick a favorite of the 3 stories, I liked them all which is rare for an anthology for me. I like Lori Foster and now I'm in the mood to read more of her stuff in my TBR pile.
Shalayna Alldredge
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-up-on
Eh...

One star for grammar, one star for not putting it down (until the 2nd story started and then I couldn't force myself... sorry Annie).

Zero stars for plot, character depths, writing style. Lori Foster, I'm a huge fan... this one was half-baked at best.
Lissy
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book that I read by this Author. Her books so far are great. It's not just the sex parts, but the sweet humor and suspense in it. They keep you wanting to read and read. I'm glad I chose to check out her books.
MB (What she read)
Very silly and dated (especially Little Miss Innocent), but I guess occasionally cotton-candy reading is okay.

Evidently I've read this before? I've completely forgotten it, but recognize the pb cover art.
A Cyber Launch Party Today For Lori Foster 1 3 Mar 29, 2010 09:06AM
  • A NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • The Naked Truth
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year/'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Racing Hearts: A Calculated Risk\An Outside Chance\This Time Around (NASCAR Library Collection)
  • Straight Up (Wild Hart Saga, #2)
  • Heating Up The Holidays
  • Hearts Under Caution
  • Ex, Why, and Me
  • Footloose (Bellagio, #3)
  • British Bad Boys
  • Men On Fire
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After) (Harlequin Blaze #447)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...