Start by marking “A Cargo Pilot's Life- Tails from Corrosion Corner” as Want to Read:
A Cargo Pilot's Life- Tails from Corrosion Corner

A Cargo Pilot's Life- Tails from Corrosion Corner

This is a story how I got into aviation as a pilot, and the direction my career path took. I flew cargo from the 1980's to the present time. From older planes and pilots that are no longer around, to the more modern cargo jets up to today's Boeing 747 jumbo jet. ...more
Published November 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Cargo Pilot's Life- Tails from Corrosion Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cargo Pilot's Life- Tails from Corrosion Corner

Start your review of A Cargo Pilot's Life- Tails from Corrosion Corner
Albert A Kleyn
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read. What I loved about this is to hear the voice of an ordinary person, who wanted to become a pilot. If I were to sum it up in one line ? DOWN TO EARTH.
If you like flying and perhaps have a crew member in the family... get this book as a present. Every Pilot/Navigator/Flight Engineer will find something in here which will remind him or her of how things were, and used to be.
In those days Pilots truly FLEW ye plane. No fancy auto pilots... no GPS... no way points... no nothing. Just
DAVID NEWMAN
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. As a private pilot, I was happy that it had enough detail to satisfy my need for technical matters but it was also written in such a personal and self-effacing style that I didn't want to put it down - but dreaded finishing it!
I'd have loved to have given it five stars but this was a book badly let down by its publisher. Had it ever been even briefly scanned by a proof-reader or editor? The grammar and punctuation was pretty awful, although it sort of fitted the autho
Earl E
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Literally Fighting for your Life

A great story of a young man struggling to build a career in one of the toughest environments in commercial aviation. He works for many companies. Many of them demonstrate a flagrant disregard of the rules and consistently push pilots to take risks and violate standard procedures. He suffers poorly maintained aircraft, corrupt managements, layoffs, and company bankruptcies. This is an authentic account written by a pilot for pilots. Any aviator who has fought to k
Rose Aitken
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
what? No mot?

I have been a passenger in many a dangerous vehicle that would have, in these days of more thorough mot checks, have failed theirs but they were not scary dangerous. These aircraft, on the other hand, definitely were and i wonder that anyone survived unscathed. This book is one of those that explains everything which makes it accessible to the lay reader and pilots alike or, at least, those wanting to become pilots. it might be a bit wearing to those that already know the terminolog
Julio Fernandes
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Docmtl

GreAt reading, taking the glamour off a
Pilot’s life and expose the bare (and most interesting) side of aviation. Thumbs up for general readers in general and aviation geeks in particular.
Anthony Shaffstall
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The other side of aviation you never here about.

A very interesting read. Kind of a Miami based civilian version of Air America.

Note to publisher: work needs another proof read for minor errors
steve opie
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

As a retired airline Captain I enjoy reading about the piston era, DC3,4,6,7 along with the C46 and Constellations.
Described in detail the problems of cost cutting poor maintenance and in some cases poor piloting.
Corrosion corner was a well written book.
william campbell
Mar 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Good read

Initially I did not like the style but the content overcame this. I thought I knew that Florida is a place where Stevie Wonder can get a pilot’s license and now I know. Lots of lives wasted in pursuit of a dodgy dollar.
Don Rouse
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great insight

Gripping from the start. Insightful to what a person could and probably would have to go thru ro become a pilot. A very enjoyable read from start ro finish.
William H. Corwin
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written and consistently interesting.
HOWARD MCCONNELL
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Great book. Loaded with the stories and details of a cargo pilots life from beginning to end. All the good, bad and the ugly. Really enjoyed this book. Well written.
Terence Lionel
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

I would have loved to find out why he was divorced but that also no of the readers business. Overall, a good book and great insight into cargo flying;
Doug
Mar 22, 2021 rated it liked it
Good stories but the grammar mistakes drove me nuts

Good stories. Kept me wanting to read more but it’s as if this book was never proof read by anymore. So many grammar mistakes!
John
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written easy read with entertaining stories mixed in. Not much on the technical side, just enough to inform the reader. Very interesting time in aviation history though.
Capt.  Norm
Nov 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• FERRY PILOT: Nine Lives Over the North Atlantic
  • Hauling Checks: A Satirical Aviation Comedy
  • FLIGHT RISK: THE MISADVENTURES OF A FREELANCE AIRLINE PILOT. CAPTAIN BOB BINNING
  • An Officer, Not a Gentleman: The inspirational journey of a pioneering female fighter pilot
  • 3 Feet to the Left: A New Captain's Journey from Pursuit to Perspective
  • I'll Take the 18: The Story of Beech 18 Freight Flying
  • Truckin' The Skies: Alaska Aviation Stories
  • CFI! The Book: A Satirical Aviation Comedy
  • The Electra Story: The Dramatic History of Aviation's Most Controversial Airliner
  • Flying Into the Sun
  • MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!: A Pilot's Memoirs
  • Jorgy: The Life of Native Alaskan Bush Pilot and Airline Captain Holger "Jorgy" Jorgensen as told to jean lester
  • Airspeed, Altitude, and a Sense of Humor: The Adventures of a Jet Tanker Pilot
  • Boeing 747. Queen of the Skies.: Reflections from the Flight Deck.
  • I Need My Yacht by Friday: True Tales from the Boat Repair Yard
  • The Best of Days: A memoir of the sea.
  • Maritime Academy Graduate: Memoir Of A Third Mate
  • Ace of Aces: The Incredible Story of Pat Pattle - the Greatest Fighter Pilot of WWII
Brett Lane is just a regular guy. He didn't finish college, he is not rich, he is not famous... All he has done is he spent the last 15 years of his life protecting you and your families from thieves, killers, rapists, and predators.
Brett has worked his way up the ranks in law enforcement and is currently a special agent in a federal agency.

Brett has writing in his blood via family members who spe

News & Interviews