Start by marking “A Dance of Lies (The Outlands Pentalogy #4)” as Want to Read:
A Dance of Lies (The Outlands Pentalogy #4)

A Dance of Lies

(The Outlands Pentalogy #4)

A year into the Outlands and life has only become more dangerous and complex for Kitty and her friends. Not only are the Outcasts hunting them, but Charles and Ciara are adamant about returning to the Kingdom to help, forcing everyone to take a side. To make matters worse, the leader of the Outcasts, Quen, has an unrelenting fascination with Thom and Nate that soon reaches ...more
Paperback
Published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about A Dance of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dance of Lies

Start your review of A Dance of Lies (The Outlands Pentalogy #4)
Dianne
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Infighting among Kitty’s group is causing more friction and dissent than their fragile bonds can handle. Although finally reunited, Thom and Nate seem to have a constant underlying tension that will not let up. Have they become too dependent on each other? Are they losing their personal identities? Is Kitty part of the problem? Life in the Outlands is every bit as horrific as they had imagined and the road leading there has been paved with torment, loss and broken dreams.

A fitting title for this
Deepika
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The fourth instalment in "The Outlands Pentalogy" is 𝑨 𝑫𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑶𝒇 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔 by Rebecca Crunden which narrates the lives of Nate, Kitty and Thom in Outlands. This book is mostly based on the characters and their growth of relationships with others.

This book is from Kitty's( aka Catherine) pov just like the first book in the series. But there are a lot of changes in her from the first book to this book. Catherine is a soft person who would not oppose the rules of the kingdom while Kitty is a strong woman
Daniela
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m always so excited to dive back into this world and this time around was no exception. Things are definitely heating up now what with the series coming to a climax and it kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. In particular, I enjoyed reading about Kitty’s trainings, her blossoming friendship with Riddle and of course, her relationship with Nate. Overall an amazing read and as usual, I cannot wait for more!
Fazila
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Check out the full review on my website. CLICK HERE

FOLLOW ME ON : TWITTER INSTAGRAM

FR REVIEW :

DISCLAIMER : Thank you, Rebecca Crunden for providing me with an ARC of this book. I am leaving this review voluntarily.

A Dance Of Lies is the 4th book in The Outlands Pentalogy. This series gets better with each book and I am all here for it. Each book focuses on a main character’s POV taking us through their tumultuous lives as they fight against the oppression and tyr
Jessica O'Toole
The calm before the storm... I can sleep again, for now...

***
Um, might contain spoilers, but to be fair, if you're this far in the series, you're probably not even reading this review before you read the book, because why would you be? So, meh.

Currently I don't know what to do with myself. I have been suffering a fairly robust reading fatigue since finishing this book, and only the very best stories do this to me. By reading fatigue, I mean I am finding it impossible to find another novel to fin
Tavleen Kaur (Travelling Through Words)
A Dance of Lies is the fourth book in The Outlands pentalogy. This book begins about a year after Thom, Kitty, and Nate are reunited and have been living in the Outlands, away from the Kingdom. In the Outlands, there are no rules, kings, or prisons and the characters can finally taste freedom. Yet, they are haunted by the scars the Kingdom left on them and are dealing with the horror that is following them in the Outlands.

I found this book to be heavily character-driven. We see how complicated
Heena Rathore P.
A Dance Of Lies by Rebecca Crunden is the second last part in The Outlands Pentalogy and the sequel to A Promise Of Return . In this instalment, things progress slowly as compared to the other parts in this series till now, but nonetheless, they progress steadily giving the feeling that it is a slow build-up to something very important. And alas, the ending was a smashing hit because of such subtle build-up leading to it all throughout this book.

I enjoyed reading this book greatly even becaus
Jennie Rosenblum
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
As the story continues, the relationship between Thom, Nate and Kitty continues to evolve and grow. With strong characters wanting to go back and others wanting to move further in the Outlands, danger is once again around every bend. I highly suggest starting at the beginning of this series and quickly reading to this book. The only downside is knowing that there is only one more.
H.K.
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this installment was amazing. Another fast, enthralling read, I loved the world-building again in these stories, and now of the Radiant culture. The continuing dynamics between the main characters as well as their relationships with the Radiants, like Engus and Riddle and Quen are particularly intriguing. I just love following the characters through every thought, emotion and path.
There are also a couple times toward the ending, I must admit, that I was in tears at what was happening to th
April Wood
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Freedom came with a thousand unknown dangers.”

A year has past and the group is planning another move. Despite the threat of the Outcasts, many are fearful of the unknown and reluctant to leave. A decision is made that splits the group of nearly thirty, and Kitty and others head for the Great Plains.

Unfortunately, their destination isn’t the safe haven they hoped for.

Kitty finds the land to be far too open, devoid of mountains and trees, and she feels exposed. Nate is overjoyed to have his broth
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 CRANKY STARS

This book starts with the backstory of Blaise and Nadia. It tells how the government rules all aspects of one’s life. Marriages are arranged for reproduction and not Love. So many couple have illicit affairs. Blaise and Nadia are one of these couples. Blaise is also a member of Nate’s rebellion group, one of his best friends. This group is the one he and Kitty have gone to for help in the last three books.

Kitty and Nate had made it to the Outlands with some of their friends. They
James
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book could have been a slower story - after all it doesn't have the frantic constant movement of the previous books but rather focuses on character growth and new love - Rebecca gives it a shot of adrenaline however in her descriptions of the fights and her vivid imagery and world building (which has always been what I consider to be her strong point). I have found that these books get better as the series progresses (not that they were ever bad). As if, like her characters, Rebecca is grow ...more
Brenda
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Ms. Crunden has outdone herself in this installment of the Outlands Pentalogy. The ending is so unexpected and makes me wish the next installment was already available! I cannot recall the last time I have enjoyed a series this much. The rating system is flawed in that I would give this entire series much more than 5 stars and HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you read it.
Kaila
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
very good story.. good characters and the writing is fast paced and fun. it keeps me interested and curious to see what would happen next. i cant wait to see what is next in this series.
Edward Z
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
–>I received a free copy of this in exchange for an honest review.<–

After a flashback to Blaise to fill in some backstory on him, we are back to the three main characters, Kitty, Nate, and Thom navigating their new lives in the Outlands. The group tensions that the third book ended with are still there, threatening to tear the community apart...

We really hit the breaks and slow down the main story on this one. As the group argues and debates, argues mostly, on what to do about going back to the
Loyal Lyre
Kymberly
Jun 26, 2019
Komal Joshi
Jul 23, 2019

• If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3)
  • The Problem of Pain
  • Rosh Hashanah Is Coming!
  • The Sea Is Salt and So Am I
  • Hello, Friend / Hola, Amigo
  • Don't Bite the Hook: Finding Freedom from Anger, Resentment, and Other Destructive Emotions
  • Limitless: Upgrade Your Brain, Learn Anything Faster, and Unlock Your Exceptional Life
  • Surrender the Dead
  • Conclave
  • Forged Wolf (Smoky Mountain Pack #1)
  • This Is the Fire: What I Say to My Friends About Racism
  • Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman
  • White Evangelical Racism: The Politics of Morality in America
  • The War of the Worlds : Mars' Invasion of Earth, Inciting Panic and Inspiring Terror from H.G. Wells to Orson Welles and Beyond with audio cd
  • Gone, Baby, Gone (Kenzie & Gennaro, #4)
  • The Deluge: The Great War, America and the Remaking of the Global Order, 1916-1931
  • Eleven Kinds of Loneliness
  • The Bhagavad Gita

The Outlands Pentalogy (5 books)
  • A Touch of Death (The Outlands Pentalogy #1)
  • A History of Madness (The Outlands Pentalogy #2)
  • A Promise of Return (The Outlands Pentalogy #3)
  • A Time of Prophecy (The Outlands Pentalogy #5)