Start by marking “Have You Seen Her” as Want to Read:
Have You Seen Her

Have You Seen Her

Bonfire Night. A missing girl.

Someone knows what happened to Laurel. And they’re not telling.

Have You See

Published May 2nd 2019 by HQ

To ask other readers questions about Have You Seen Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Have You Seen Her

Start your review of Have You Seen Her
Jess☺️
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have You Seen Her by Lisa Hall is a book that just runs from the first pages untill the last,it has so many twists that just as you think ah ha I've figured it out it sends you another twist.
This book shows us how manipulative, cruel and twisted people can be plus it shows we only see what we want to see.
From the first page untill the last you sit with that sick uneasy feeling in the pit of the stomach with the need to find the answer and when you do you won't believe it 😮
I definitely recommend
Mark
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Addictive!
As always with this author the story grabs you and doesn’t let you go, not even for a second as the suspense goes up a gear each chapter
Laurel goes missing, at a local bonfire, she is there with her Mum and Nanny ( Anna ) and should be safe, she isn’t, one minute shes there, the next gone, vanished, without a trace.....no one has a clue where she is??....but they do of course but I bet like me you wont guess who knows whats happened and even if you do you will
swop and change and chan
Karla
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars** audio
narrated by Kristin Atherton
3.75 stars** story
Louise Wilson
A Young girl goes missing at the local bonfire night. She was there with her mother and her nanny. One minute she was there, the next she had disappeared. The longer it takes to find out what happened to Laurel, it just makes everyone more suspicious. The story is told from Anna's (the nanny's) point of view. I didn't like Laurels mum and dad (Fran & Dominic), they were too self entered for my liking. There are many curve balls in this quite pacy read. This is a well written book, with a realist ...more
Mandy White
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, read-in-2019
Another fantastic book from Lisa Hall. I listened to this on audible and finished it in a day at work. A little girl missing, a nanny with a secret and parents who are not who they seem. Sucks you right in!
Nicki
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna only looked away for one tiny second but that second was all it took for little Laurel to vanish, without a trace.

Now Anna and Laurel's parents Fran and Dominic find themselves trapped in every parents worst nightmare.

As time passes and there is no trace of Laurel, suspicion grows and secrets and lies begin to surface.

Someone knows what happened to Laurel and they are not telling.

This enthralling story is told from the perspective of the nanny Anna. It is obvious that Anna adores young Laur
Amanda
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading “Between You And Me” and “The Party” other books by Lisa Hall. I was very excited to receive a copy from Netgalley in exchange for a review.

Fran is at a Bonfire night event with her daughter Laurel and Nanny Anna when Laurel goes missing. It’s every parents worst nightmare, you take you’re eye off you’re child for 1 second and they disappear, forgetting that’s all it takes!! They soon realise someone has taken her.

The parents Fran and Dominic seem the perfect couple, they have a b
Miriam Smith
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, ebook
"Have You Seen Her" is my first Lisa Hall book, although I do already own "The Party" (her third novel) which I intend to read very soon, after having been enticed by the author's compelling and ingenious writing.
Blurb - "Anna only takes her eyes off Laurel for a second. She thought Laurel was following her mum through the crowds. But in a heartbeat, Laurel is gone. Laurel’s parents are frantic. As is Anna, their nanny. But as the hours pass, and Laurel isn’t found, suspicion grows. Someone kno
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good read. I was hooked from the first page to the last. There were a lot of twists and turns and I was desperate to find out what happened. I thought the ending was really good which is really important in a book. The characters weren’t particularly likeable but that didn’t change the book. I had my suspicions and I eventually figured out what happened about half way through despite changing my mind a million times. A really brilliant read and I can’t wait to read more from this ...more
Rae
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have You Seen Her by Lisa Hall is an intense thriller that centers around a young girl who goes missing and the aftershock her nanny and parents face.

Having your child disappear is every parent’s worst fear. For Laurel’s parents, it becomes a reality. When Laurel scampers off after her mother the night of a bonfire, her nanny, Anna, thinks nothing of it.

Until the mother returns without her daughter.

Where is Laurel? Where did she go?

As the investigation ramps up, it’s clear that someone knows mor
Claire Wilson
I normally dont like to read books about missing children, but I make the exception when it's by an author I admire. I've been hooked on Lisa's books since the release of Between You and Me. Have you seen her centres around Laurel, who goes missing on Bonfire night when being looked after by her nanny, Anna. The disappearance of the girl highlights problems and untruths, allowing suspicion to grow. 3 stars
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A story that is every parents worst nightmare, your child going missing. As with the characters in the story, when they realise Laurel is missing, I could feel the sense of dread and fear rising in me.

Anna is the little girls nanny and you can tell just how much she loves Laurel also. It soon becomes clear that Anna has run away from something in her past which she is keeping secret and I was dying to know just what that secret was.

Laurel’s parents are not the most likeable of people. They are b
Liz Barnsley
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another twisty psychological thriller from my good friend and occasional partner in crime Lisa Hall and blimey it was a great one too. A proper page turner. Trust me I would have pointedly glared at her if I’d been disappointed.
A girl goes missing and literally everyone is hiding something- nobody, let’s face it, would look entirely morally incorruptible when under such intense scrutiny – but which secret might lead to Lauren’s safe return. Well you’ll certainly be avidly scurrying through the r
Denise
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Terrible book. Completely unoriginal, slow, and boring with the most obvious twist at the end. The protagonist was written to be an idiot, unable to figure things out when they're glaringly obvious to the reader. Don't waste your time with this one.
Clare
With thanks to Netgalley and HQ for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

Anna was the nanny for four year Laurel Jessop. Her parents were `celebrity` couple Fran an actress and heart surgeon Dominic.

Anna and Fran took Laurel to a bonfire fire at their local primary school. Dominic had to work late but promised Laurel he would join them at the party. When Fran went to the toilet Laurel said she would go too, leaving Anna to watch the fireworks.

Later Fran returned alone thinking La
Erica
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This kicked off for me, at the school bonfire. Every parents nightmare. A girl has gone missing.
It was heartbreaking for the parents, and the nanny.

We follow the investigation at the parents house, where the police ask questions.
The community join together to try and find this little girl.

I was surprised by a few things. Although, things are rarely what they seem.
comfort
What happens when you are the nanny of a child who goes missing, AND you have already been involved in anther child abuse case in another country.
Laurel goes off to catch up with her Mum at a bonfire night, but never actually makes it. Anna the nanny took her eyes off Laurel for a split second- and she vanished.
Rosemary Standeven
This was a really engrossing thriller, that I could not put down until I got to the bitter end. There was one red herring after another, and so many twists and turns. Everyone had secrets, everyone lied. I had so many characters fingered for the abduction of the little girl, Laurel – suspected, then discarded as the next suspect crashed onto the scene. I even – at one stage – thought the narrator (the nanny, Anna) had done it while in a fugue state, a split personality or something. After all, t ...more
Lucy Banks
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

A well-paced, interesting take on the classic 'girl goes missing' plot.

I've read rather a few crime / thriller stories recently, and I must confess, was starting to get slightly jaded with the genre. There seems to be quite a bit of 'sameyness' out there at the moment, and I was gagging to read something a bit different.

Have You Seen Her met this need to a degree, and was certainly enjoyable.

The plot

Anna is a n
Nicki
Very good full review to follow for blog tour later this month.
Elaine
Rating: 4.5/5*

This is an amazing, gripping read, a real page-turner that I didn't want to leave until I discovered what had really happened to Lauren, a young girl who goes missing whilst attending a fireworks display with both her Mum, Fran, and her nanny, Anna. The story is told from the point of view of Anna and is so full of twists and turns it is a tense nightmare with surprising revelations, accusations and is totally unputdownable!

From the very beginning, the reader is drawn into this fas
Joanne Schofield
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Anna is a nanny to five year old Laurel. She takes her eyes off her for just a second at the local bonfire and Laurel is gone. Her parents are frantic and as time passes the finger of suspicion moves about, everyone has secrets to hide.

A great book, intriguing from the start which kept me on my toes all the way through. Topped off with a superb ending.
Rachel
Pace could have been a little quicker. Plot was ok, but I wanted more to happen in the middle. I enjoyed the two twists at the end and did not see them coming.
Jeanniehay64
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you seen her brilliantly describes the content of this twisty thriller. Little laurel is at a fireworks display with her mum Fran and her nanny Anna when she vanishes without a trace. This is undoubtably every parents worst nightmare and I was emotionally invested from page one, hoping laurel would be found.

The story is told from Anna's perspective who was very attached to Laurel and in some ways has replaced her parents role as they were always so busy and didn't spend much time with thei
Julia
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have You Seen Her? By Lisa Hall is the most marvellous contemporary psychological thriller that had me hooked from the start. A very cleverly constructed plotline ensured I was drawn into the action and consumed by events until the jaw dropping conclusion.
Written in the first person enabled me to ‘walk’ through the novel. Suspicion lurked around every corner. I was gripped, as were the characters, by “the dark hand of fear.”
The novel is about consuming passions – passions that will dictate actio
peggy
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bonfire night and four year old Lauren goes missing.
The police hunt begins and still Lauren is nowhere to be seen. Eventually with no leads the police start to look closer to home.
They all have secrets and some are darker than the others. I was gripped from the first page and read this book in one sitting I HAD TO KNOW!!!! So many suspects, secrets and lies. This book had me tapping my kindle faster and faster and as for the ending I honestly did not see that coming. A really good psychologica
Joann
This gets a 4.5 star. I always enjoy the author's books. A lot of twists and turns.
Lesley Moseley
Nah, skipped the middle 80 pages and was so glad I did. Load of twaddle.
Jane Hunt
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Everyone has secrets, in this fast-paced psychological thriller. Easy to read, it has a compelling plot, with many twists, and whilst there are clues, many of these just lead the reader astray, rather than focusing on the true antagonist.

A child abduction, has a profound effect on the parents, the child’s nanny and the community as a whole. This story is authentically written, with believable police procedures, and community involvement.

Against this setting, the story reveals two parents, who ar
Bridget
"Have You Seen Her" by Lisa Hall was an intense thriller that centred around a missing young girl.

It's Bonfire night and Anna only takes her eyes off Laurel for a second. She thought Laurel was following her mum through the crowds. But in a heartbeat, Laurel is gone. Laurel’s parents are frantic as is Anna, their nanny. But as the hours pass and Laurel isn’t found, suspicion grows. Someone knows what happened to Laurel and they’re not telling.

This was a brilliant thriller, the storyline was well
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Missing Wife
  • Three Perfect Liars
  • Someone Else's Baby
  • The Poison Garden
  • Perfect Crime (D.I. Callanach, #5)