Start by marking “Once Upon an Autumn Eve (Faery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon an Autumn Eve (Faery, #3)

Once Upon an Autumn Eve (Faery Series #3)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  515 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Once upon an autumn eve, a wounded knight named Sieur Luc rides into the Autumnwood-and into the heart of Princess Liaze. But even as love blooms between them, dark forces snatch him away. Guided by the enigmatic Fates, Liaze sets out on a desperate quest to follow the trail of her true love no matter what perils she may encounter.
Published May 1st 2007 by Roc (first published April 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon an Autumn Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon an Autumn Eve

Lark of The Bookwyrm's Hoard
The books get shorter as they go along, but I still enjoy McKiernan's take on Faery. Review to come.
Amy
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I really liked the first book in this series. And the 2nd one was alright, too. However, it was disappointing my the third book because I realized the PLOT IS EXACTLY THE SAME in all the books. They just changed the name. Girl meets boy. They fall in love. Something happens to tear them apart. A quest insues. Girl meets the Wyrd sisters. They give her riddles. She barely saves guy in the nick of time. They live happily ever after.

That is all fine and good..however, it gets repetitive. Still, I r
Jess
Dec 27, 2007 rated it liked it
Sadly, I wasn't as impressed with this book in the series. I think it was more my personal disagreement with how the author approached the story than actually a lack of skill. The storyline closley followed the first book's. A few parts were unique and that is what I liked the best, however, the author shows the main character pining for love - especially her innerthoughts - which really was quite annoying and didn't add to the story. Some repetition, too, of the same facts and riddles from prev ...more
Julia
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much! I loved how McKiernan took the fairy tale "The Glass Mountain" and turned it on its head by reversing the roles of who is held is captive and who does all of the rescuing, along with other tiny details that I won't reveal. Can't wait to get my hands on the next book!
Kipahni
once again what I didn't like about the other 2 books I didn't like in this one ( Why then do I continue in this series?!) well I will tell you.
I am a sucker for faery tales.
out of the series so far this tale is my favorite.
The Fairy Godmother
Third in the series. Based on the fairy tale of the Glass Mountain and the Scottish ballad of Tam Lin.
Sarah Insomnia
Jul 29, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't much better than the last one. Still wordy, with excessive description and characters that leave something to be desired...
Ashley
Jan 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, couldn't put it down.
Ziona
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
I wasn't really sure which tale this was so it was hard for my to follow or get into. I love his writing style no matter what.
Joe A
Oct 02, 2013
Seloy
Jul 14, 2010
Jessica Cervantes
rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2013
Bonnie
Aug 14, 2013
Sara
Mar 09, 2011
  • The Snow Queen's Shadow (Princess, #4)
  • Fantasy Gone Wrong
  • The Fair Folk
  • The Black Swan (Fairy Tales, #2)
  • The Seventh Swan
  • Waking Rose (A Fairy Tale Retold #3)
  • Snow, Fire, Sword (El Jisal, #1)
  • Serendipity Market
  • The Myth Hunters (The Veil, #1)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 5
  • The Tower Room (Egerton Hall, #1)
  • The Last Grimm: Red's Hood
  • Jaq's Harp (Future Tales, #1)
  • Fitcher's Brides
  • Fortress of Ice (Fortress, #5)
McKiernan was born in Moberly, Missouri, where he lived until he served the U.S. Air Force for four years, stationed within US territory during the Korean War. After military service, he attended the University of Missouri and received a B.S. in electrical engineering in 1958 and an M.S. in the same field from Duke University in 1964. He worked as an engineer at AT&T, initially at Western Elec ...more
More about Dennis L. McKiernan...

Faery Series (5 books)
  • Once Upon a Winter's Night (Faery, #1)
  • Once Upon a Summer Day (Faery, #2)
  • Once Upon a Spring Morn (Faery, #4)
  • Once Upon a Dreadful Time (Faery, #5)