Start by marking “The Diamond Slipper (Charm Bracelet #1)” as Want to Read:
The Diamond Slipper (Charm Bracelet #1)

The Diamond Slipper

(Charm Bracelet #1)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  550 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Dear Reader,

What comes to mind when you think of a diamond slipper? Cinderella, perhaps? That's what Cordelia Brandenburg imagines when her godparents arrange a
marriage for her with a man she's never met--a marriage that will take her to Versailles, far from the rigid confines of her childhood home. The betrothal
gift is a charm bracelet with a tiny, glittering diamond slip
Published January 1st 1997 by Fanfare

To ask other readers questions about The Diamond Slipper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diamond Slipper

Jane
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
The following review was originally posted on my book blog The Book Challengers.

When I purchased my copy I didn't try to read other reviews on Goodreads (or anywhere on the web for that matter) and hoped that the blurb on the cover would give me the right idea about a possible Cinderella retelling. Even if it would be a very loosely based story but unfortunately it was not to be.

Instead I got a story of a 16-year-old girl who "falls in love" (more like in lust, if you ask me) with a man 12 years
LuvGirl
2.5 stars. I love a heroine in pursuit and the heroine in this book was the one pursuing the honorable hero, but something just wasn't right. The hero was a little too dull, and the words of the villain "too gullible" for my liking, and the heroine a little too immature at the age of 16! Her antics just wasn't cute and I kept thinking the poor thing was just a child that didn't know better. It's weird because I read Almost Innocent which pretty much had the same story-line but I enjoyed that one ...more
Dippedinink
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is an amazing book. I have never read a romance like it. Usually the woman is rescued from having to endure the evil husband/husband-to-be. But not THIS ONE! I was not expecting the depth of emotions. I loved that I was constantly surprised and on the edge of my seat. The story never grew tedious and I didn't find myself skimming the pages. Yea, yea, yea.. she's 16 and it's awkward to think of the age difference. But honestly, I forgot about her age a lot bc she didn't act her age. I'm ...more
Anna
Mar 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Christy English
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have just discovered Jane Feather...I know...I'm really late to this party. I loved this book. Fabulous love scenes and two characters I could really enjoy as I watched them fall in love.
Joan
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent series.
Ria
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this book, it is in my top 10. The only things I didn't like were a few things seemed to be left unsaid between the main characters, but still very enjoyable!
Elisa Vangelisti
Aug 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abbandonato
posso tollerare un libro con una trama che langue nell'attesa di un evento che lo riscatti, ma non posso tollerare gli abusi sessuali nei confronti della protagonista 16enne vergine (e innamorata di un conte) da parte di un principe con 30 anni in più di lei. promessa oppure no, sarebbe già abbastanza come condanna a vita. aggiungerci le sevizie mi sembra eccessivo e così chiudo.
Charlene
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Here's the thing: I did not like the plotline because I am not comfortable with adultery plotlines. However, for whatever reason, ten years after I read this book, I can't forget it.
Elle
Jan 10, 2012 rated it liked it
This one is kind of Silver Nights retold. Cordelia Brandenburg, an orphan fostered at the Austrian court alongside the young Marie Antoinette, is given in an arranged marriage to a Prussian prince who attends the French court. She's married by proxy to the prince, with his friend Viscount Leo Kierston standing in for her husband, then he's to escort her to France along with Marie Antoinette's party.

Thing is, Cordelia falls in love at first sight with Leo. She pretty much pursues him the whole w
Manuela
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regalato, storico
penelopewanders
Apr 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Not my favorite Feather - partly due to the age discrepancy...even if 16 was ripe for matrimony at that time. Also the stupid risks they took were too... stupid. Towards the end I did warm up to it. I know I read (and traded) another in this series and enjoyed it... and was wondering about the third by the time I finished.
Mari
I thought it was going to be a retelling of Cinderella because of the sleeper charm but it was far from that... It felt super long and wordy and had to skip throug it to finish it... And the end even though tide up felt incomplete somehow...
Firery
Aug 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book quite awhile ago, but I thought it fit nicely into the group category. Although it has been so long and I don't remember it all, I do remember thinking Leo should have done more, however I still thought it was interesting.
Sandra Bašić
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane me uvijek oduševi svojim povijesnim romanima u kojima ima ljubavi, zločina i spletki, i ovog puta dojam je isti, odlično!
Kim
Boddice ripper. Fluff. Heroine is 16 through out book.
Carrie
See Silver Nights by the same author for a better book with a similar plot.
Danielle
Jan 29, 2009 rated it liked it
I feel that the author left many unanswered questions while writing this book. I did find the book good, but don't judge a book by its cover, this book isn't a "cinderella" type of story.
Kashii
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
this was really good but after a while and a few more romance novels it seems cliche
Heather
my favorite series from her and the whole reason i now read romances. read these if looking for something good to pick up
Jeanettee Not Tellin
it was ok
Priscilla
Aug 20, 2011 rated it liked it
simply Beautiful
Anchansiri Sriyananda

One of my favorites of Jane Feather.
Frances
Mar 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
What a depressing book. Not only was she sold to a depraved older man, she was not likable.
Allyana
Kathy
Jan 01, 2013
Kathleen
Jun 10, 2011
  • The Ravishing One (McClairen's Isle, #3)
  • To Love a Princess (The Kazanovs, #2)
  • The Laird's Forbidden Lady (Gilvrys Of Dunross, #1)
  • What Isabella Desires (Lords of Intrigue, #3)
  • Midnight Lady
  • Night Secrets
  • The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)
  • Too Dangerous to Desire (Too, #3)
  • The Secret Duke (Malloren, #10)
  • Almost a Princess (Men from Special Branch, #4)
  • Forbidden Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #3)
  • The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #2)
  • The Charmer (Liar's Club #4)
  • It Takes a Hero (Danvers, #4)
  • Truly
  • Kathryn in the Court of Six Queens
  • Tempt the Devil
  • Some Like It Wicked (Hellion's Den, #1)
Jane Robotham was born on 1945 in Cairo, Egypt, where her British parents were stationated. She grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She earned a Master’s Degree in Applied Social Studies from Oxford University. In 1978, she, her husband and their three children moved to New Jersey. There, she worked as a social worker. She began writing in 1981 after another move, this time to Washingt ...more

Charm Bracelet (3 books)
  • The Silver Rose
  • The Emerald Swan (Charm Bracelet, #3)