Start by marking “Romanzi” as Want to Read:
Romanzi

Romanzi

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  23,399 Ratings  ·  606 Reviews
Italian translation of six Jane Austen novels: Sense & Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Persuasion, and Northanger Abbey.
Hardback, 1448 pages
Published October 24th 2007 by BUR Biblioteca Univ. Rizzoli (first published January 28th 1813)

To ask other readers questions about Romanzi, please sign up.
Morgan Well it's more than one novel...

Tirzah
Jan 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, favorites
Okay, hands down, Jane Austen is a genius! Who, on this earth and at the tender age of 21, could write a book as brilliant as Pride and Prejudice? I don’t think I know many people – let alone 21 year olds – who have such a deep understanding of the inner workings of human nature and character and who are then able to portray that understanding in to words on paper so beautifully and perfectly like Jane Austen did in her books – especially Pride and Prejudice. But we certainly cannot forget the g ...more
Fren
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Attraverso i suoi romanzi, la Austen ci parla dell'aristocrazia inglese di inizio '800, una realtà decisamente lontana, e non solo in ottica temporale, dalla nostra. E non è difficile scorgervi una punta di ironia, soprattutto nel modo, quasi "esagerato", di descrivere il trasporto emotivo dei personaggi nelle varie relazioni amorose e non.
Ragione e Sentimento ****
Orgoglio e Pregiudizio ****
Mansfield Park ***
Emma*** all'inizio ammetto che non mi ha preso molto, ma poi è andato solo a migliorare!
piperitapitta
Orgoglio e Pregiudizio, rilettura - inizio 2 0ttobre 2017 - fine 28 ottobre 2017

...e in mezzo la visione della miniserie TV della BBC.

description

Ragione e Sentimento, rilettura
il GdL reale è fissato per il 4 luglio.

Il club Jane Austen diventa realtà: inizio oggi a rileggere L'abbazia di Northanger, il GdL reale è fissato per il 12 maggio.
Avevo dimenticato quanto fosse divertente leggere Jane Austen: anche la rilettura assume significato e ogni pagina riletta nuove sfumature (di rosa acceso, soprattutto, ne
E.A. Bucchianeri
I used to share Mark Twain's sentiments ...

Mark Twain was not an admirer of Jane Austen’s work as he once declared: “I often want to criticize Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Every time I read “Pride and Prejudice” I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.”

My first introduction to Austen’s famous romances was “Pride and Prejudice”. Like Mark Twain, her writing
Morgan
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, penguin-deluxe
What hasn't been said about Jane Austen? Not only is she arguably the greatest female writer of all time, she is also arguably one of the greatest writers of all time. She is in the same status as Shakespeare and Dickens. Chances are you've heard her name if you are a reader. I still think she is important to English literature as well as the language.

I was never really fond of Austen before reading her books. For the longest time I thought she was either this snooty bitchy writer or she was chi
Ffiamma
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donne, uk
commento in progress, visto che pian piano leggerò i cinque romanzi che mi mancano.
9 ottobre 2009: l'abbazia di northanger ****
una presa in giro (bonaria e beneducata) dei romanzi gotici tanto amati dall'*eroina* catherine morland e di quelli sentimentali. e allo stesso tempo una descrizione brillante dellla società inglese - in puro stile austeniano. la signora austen punge anche qui e io l'adoro.
10 dicembre 2009: emma ***
forse non l'ho letto nel momento giusto ma l'antipatia per tutti i person
Anna Kristina
Oct 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, favorites
Pride and Prejudice (five stars)

Persuasion (three stars)
I enjoyed this one, perhaps because it wasn't quite as obvious how everything would play out (not the ending, but how it would get there). enjoyable!

Emma (four stars)
I really enjoyed this... I think I can connect to Emma the best out of all the Jane Austen heroines I've met so far, at least as far as personality, not necessarily matchmaking. And can understand things blowing up in your face and regretting decisions... seriously, who can't?
Leesa
Aug 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite is Pride and Prejudice. It makes me smile. Great characters and well developed story line. A romance that won't make you blush.
Kimberley doruyter
one piece of advice don't read all of jane austens books like this
the size of this book means it doubles as a murder weapon
i love the stories
Kua
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, e-3
L’Abbazia di Northanger: iniziato il 03/03/2016, finito l' 08/03/2016 - Tre stelline

Ragione e sentimento: iniziato il 25/09/11, finito il 30/09/11 - Due stelline e mezzo
Riletto per il Club Jane Austen: iniziato il 07/01/2016, finito il 12/01/2016
Iniziato in sordina e continuato per puro spirito di sacrificio, devo ammettere che dopo i primi capitoli "bastevolmente noiosi", la storia mi ha in qualche modo spinta avanti nella lettura, anche se in effetti lo stile prolisso delle descrizioni non è i
Robert
Dec 25, 2013 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-fiction
Sense and Sensibility **

This to me feels like a proto-Pride and Prejudice, showing flashes of the genius for sly wit and sardonic character observations that P&P is renowned for but not the same skill with plot and pacing and a surprisingly anaemic set of romantic interests for the young sisters. It reminds me of reading early Shakespeare; it shows promise of what is to come later but on its own it doesn't justify the author's reputation.

Pride and Prejudice ****
Nick Black
Oct 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fluency with Jane Austen is a practical necessity for dating smart girls, and hey! she's hilarious to boot. Admittedly, once you've read Pride and Prejudice you've pretty much read them all, except Mansfield Park which is just godawful and ought have been expurgated. Be prepared for a lot of lines like this, which are laugh-out-loud funny upon first reading, but become progressively less funny each time you encounter them:

Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how.

Anyway, a
Irena
Jul 02, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
When I saw this beautiful edition in a bargain section in a bookstore, I just couldn't control myself so I bought it.

Now, I'm on a mission to read all of these 7 novels in a year, starting from today, July 2015.
Jeanette
Sep 11, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-adult
Making my way through all seven Jane austen novels. So far, Pride and Prejudice is still my favorite.
Loredana Puma
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classici
Jane Austen, ovvero... il Romanzo
Partiamo dall'edizione: oltre ad avere l'indubbio vantaggio di essere decisamente economica (14 euro per sei romanzi non è male), si presenta anche bene: copertina rigida, un interessante (per quanto breve) saggio introduttivo e addirittura una filmografia e un elenco dei siti Web dedicati alla Austen e alla sue opere.
Per quanto riguarda le traduzioni, un paio (quelle di Emma e di Persuasione, per essere precisi) mi hanno dato l'impressione di perdersi in certi
Erin
Jul 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My goal for the summer was to re-read Jane Austen's novels in their entirety. And I'm happy to say, I'm finished. It's been some time since I sat down to read any of her novels. I've probably watched the movies more than I've actually sat down to read them. I know many people do an annual reading of her works. I'm not sure I could do that - but would instead place them into the "read these books at different times of your life" category.

It always amazes me how these novels still resonate today.
Kacey
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of course, my favorite Jane Austen novel is Pride and Prejudice. There are just so many aspects to this novel that I love, and the fact that both main characters are so seemingly different, but end up being so similar is genius. I love how this book is a more "proper" version of a timeless tale of love and misunderstanding.

What I enjoyed even more was to find that Jane Austen wrote many of her characters in a similar way. Most of her main female characters are strong willed and sure of themselve
Selah Pike
There are no separate entries for the individual books in this collection, but I have no hesitation in given by the collection 5 stars after re-reading Persuasion. Captain Wentworth and Anne Elliot are amazing characters! The illustrations in this collection are breathtaking. Northanger Abbey was delightful as well! Henry and Catherine are hilarious!
Danica
Sep 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a true Jane Austen fan. I love reading these stories over and over. Truly classic romances for every woman to read and love.
Natalie
Sep 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Austen is just a great writer that everyone should read.
Jamie
Jan 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: undergrad
I've spent a semester getting through this massive volume (for a class, I should say), and I figure I'll do mini-reviews for each novel rather than anything similarly massive. So let's give it a whirl.

Sense and Sensibility: This is actually the only Austen novel I've read on multiple occasions, so I have a bit more familiarity with it than any of the other five. This is, in my humble opinion, a fairly dark novel for Austen. Marianne's melodrama is of course frequently mocked, but Elinor's resign
Belinda Rule
New impressions of P&P upon rereading while Old: Mr Bennet is a tool! The leads are tiny babies! I hope Darcy's conversation skills improve in private! <3 Now to rewatch the Only Adaptation Of Importance.
Ethemx
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stolz und Vorurteilsfrei lesen
Ich hatte einem Freund „Wuthering Heights“, auf Deutsch Sturmhöhen, von Emily Bronte ausgeliehen. In der kleinen Pause wurde mir mein Hab wieder zurückgegeben und zufällig sah es unsere junge Referendarin im Fach Deutsch. Sie schaute sich das Buch an und fragte mich ungläubig, ob ich das lesen will. Sie dachte ich leihe mir dieses Buch aus, doch wurde dieses Missverständnis vom Freund aufgeklärt. Voller Stolz fügte ich denn noch hinzu, dass ich auch, mehr als Trotzr
Kathy
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Austen

I read this complete works of Jane Austen thinking I should. I am glad I did. I enjoyed the narrative about the women of her day and I'm glad I had this on kindle to look up all the outdated words! Maybe one shouldn't try to read all of the books in sequence,but the characters were great.
Myra
Mar 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving Jane Austen as I do I was thrilled when my daughter surprised me with a copy of her complete novels. If you enjoy the weight of a book in your hands, and you love Jane Austen, this is the book for you.

I must admit that I skipped Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice because I had only recently re-read them. So I skipped to Mansfield Park, read straight through that, and followed with Emma, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion and Lady Susan. I loved them all, and I believe I have a new f
Carrie Johnson
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Pride & Predjudice. I've read it millions of times before, so of course I love it.I love everything about the tale- even the characters we are supposed to hate.Sometimes my pity for the Wickhams flip flops between Mr. Wickham and Lydia.This time I felt so sorry for Mr.Wickham to be stuck with such an insipid girl as Lydia.(Sometimes I feel sorry for Lydia that she is too stupid to realize that she will never make her husband happy short of falling into a lot of money.) I always feel a ...more
Alice
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No me arrepiento para nada de haber comprado este libro. Le dediqué medio año de mi vida y no podría estar más satisfecha. Pasé de que me guste Jane Austen a sentirme fan de Jane Austen.
Ahora me arrepiento de no haber hecho una reseña libro por libro, para anotar cosas sobre cada novela. Sin embargo, puedo decir que agregué Northanger Abbey y Persuasion a mis novelas favoritas. Creo que en estas dos Austen lleva su uso de la ironía los niveles más divertidos y agradables para mí.
Jane Austen es
Laura the Highland Hussy
I got this anthology for a class and I thought it might be easier to put this up rather than each Jane Austen novel. I really liked it, and it's portable being a normal sized paperback; just thicker. But since I love Jane Austen, this is perfect for me! I really like Sense and Sensability the best, of course, followed by Pride and Prejudice. Emma, Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey were good as well, but this is a great way to read all of her works without a large hardback anthology that is sui ...more
Julie
Jan 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane Austin is one of my all time favorite authors. I have adored every single novel of hers!! Even though she is a classical author, her books are in no way stuffy or hard reads. She questions such topical themes as her titles suggest "pride and prejudice" and "sense and sensibility" with such wonderful humor and such passionate and extravagant characters. Her novels are always fun to read, hard to put down, and leave you wanting more. I'd recommend ANY Jane Austin book (though they are undoubt ...more
Robyn Larson
Apr 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read most of Jane's novels every year. Steer clear of the Lady Susan novel. It's actually the first "novel" that Jane wrote, but it's written as if it's two women corresponding about their trashy lives. But the other novels are swell. :) I love Sense and Sensibility,Emma, and Pride and Prejudice in that order. Mansfield Park and Persuasion are also kinda fun (although it's been a while since I've read them...). :)
If I love Jane Austen, What should I read next? 17 545 Aug 17, 2014 01:47AM
Modern Good Reads: Jane Austen 14 44 Oct 15, 2013 02:10AM
Willougby and Wickham 4 17 Aug 11, 2013 05:25AM
So, I have an old question...who is your favourite Jane Austen guy and why? 7 41 Mar 03, 2013 03:47AM
Jane Austen as muse 6 15 Feb 06, 2013 04:58PM
What do you think about this article? 3 7 Nov 12, 2012 07:04PM
What is the best novel written by Jane Austen? 3 15 Oct 05, 2012 11:11PM
  • Charlotte and  Emily Brontë: The Complete Novels
  • Four Complete Novels: Great Expectations/Hard Times/A Christmas Carol/A Tale of Two Cities
  • Wuthering Heights & Jane Eyre
  • Writing Jane Austen
  • The Complete Stories and Poems
  • A Memoir of Jane Austen and Other Family Recollections
  • A Portrait Of Jane Austen
  • The Norton Anthology of English Literature, Volume 1: The Middle Ages through the Restoration & the Eighteenth Century
  • A Dance with Jane Austen: How a Novelist and Her Characters Went to the Ball
  • Cranford & Selected Short Stories
  • Frankenstein / Dracula / Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde (Signet Classics)
Jane Austen was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry, earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature, her realism and biting social commentary cementing her historical importance among scholars and critics.

Austen lived her entire life as part of a close-knit family located on the lower fringes of the English landed gentry
More about Jane Austen

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Trouble (St. James, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1)
  • Absolution
    $3.99 $1.99
  • My Dearest Love (Longing for Home)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Choices (The Love's Valley #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Secrets in Summer: A Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Walkin' on Clouds (Angels & Outlaws, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1)
  • The Secret Wife
  • OBSESSION
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Chances (The Love's Valley #3)
  • Nearlyweds
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Sweet Resolve (Lucky, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Promises (The Love's Valley #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Every thing was safe enough and she smiled over the many anxious feelings she had wasted on the subject.” 1 likes
“do not” 0 likes