Start by marking “Trial By Fire” as Want to Read:
Trial By Fire

Trial By Fire

A district attorney with an incredible 100% conviction rate is haunted by the one crime she's been unable to solve--the arson fire that killed her parents 15 years earlier. But when she finally persuades the authorities to reopen the case, the most unexpected suspect of all is indicted--herself!
Published August 5th 1996 (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Trial By Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trial By Fire

Kristen
Apr 18, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it
In one of Nancy Taylor Rosenberg's standalone thrillers, Trial by Fire, she told us a scintillating tale of revenge and of arson. Stella Cataloni was a stellar Houston DA with a 100% conviction rate. She barred her hidden scars with her long hair from a fire that claimed her parents, when she was a teenage. That was the only crime she wanted to solve and persuaded the Houston PD to reopen the case, even if she had to reopen the wounds. When she did so, they believed she was the suspect of the ar ...more
Sue
Apr 08, 2013 Sue rated it liked it
the book was ok, but not great. The characters had anger issues! too many temper tantrums!
Legolas Devildog
Feb 10, 2014 Legolas Devildog rated it it was amazing
know a lot of people who have read this one didn’t like the dialogue or the fact the main character pretty much was dead set on solving her parents arson and all of that but personally I loved this one. While yes, some of it had some points that would not fit into the real world as easily as you might like the overall context of the book is good. It has mystery, suspense and all of the things I like in a well written crime novel.

I can fully understand and respect some of the anger issues that c
Debbie
Jan 14, 2015 Debbie rated it liked it
I dont think the author likes or really respects professional and successful women. The story was a bit buggy but once it started moving was a good who done it. But i do have issues with her lead female characters. After three books it appears to me that she equates strong women with being strident, self absorbed and irritatingly stubborn. Even after being warned she is in danger as are people around her she continues to takes irresponsible actions. I actually like the female investigator much m ...more
Alex Perez
Nov 29, 2015 Alex Perez rated it it was amazing
"Trial by Fire" by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg is a great novel about an attorney,Stella Cataloni, tried for first degree murder. Stella was on the top of the world, convicting a wanted killer, but in an instant had all the weight of the world bearing on her.She battles trying to solve the old case of her parents death, but if she doesn't find the killer, the killer will find her.This book is highly recommended for an older audience.Rosenberg describes Stellas thoughts and her actions vividly in her ...more
Teri Hand
Apr 19, 2015 Teri Hand rated it liked it
A lawyer who discovers what it's like to be on both sides of the law.

This book was an easy read and kept this reader going in suspense until the ending. I was greatly disappointed with the way it ended and thought that it might have been tossed in there at the last minute just to finish the book.

It's a legal thriller and not a bad one. Don't expect a fantastic ending, though.
Shannon Wyss
I have a problem with mysteries in that i find things like the dialog completely unbelievable. No one actually talks like that! They're such scripted movie lines that it annoys me. And some of the stereotypical characters are similarly uncreative. That being said, i was engrossed in the plot and really wanted to find out what was going to happen.
Elyse
Sep 04, 2012 Elyse rated it liked it
A female attorney with a complex mystery to solve. I expected a new Perry O'Shaughnessy in terms of the writing style ~ and didn't quite find that.

Even so, I enjoyed the book. Several twists and turns in the story, as well as a nice variety of characters. Almost put it down when the plot seemed sidetracked with her love interest, but glad that I stayed with it.
Tina
Jul 15, 2013 Tina rated it liked it
Plot was nice but i thought that the author sort of put away some characters, too fast. I hoped for an epilogue at the end of the story to explain a bit about what happened to the characters afterward.
Kristin
Mar 28, 2011 Kristin rated it liked it
Decent book..parts really kept me intrigued and parts I could put down. Mystery/cop novel!
Beverly
Feb 13, 2014 Beverly rated it it was ok
slow moving, I lost interest about halfway thru. characters are not even remotely interesting. finished it only because I always finish books I start.
Ajh
May 21, 2009 Ajh rated it did not like it
Didn't finish
Mary Ann
Mar 21, 2011 Mary Ann rated it really liked it
Set in Dallas and Houston this is bound to be enjoyed by the residents of Texas.
Andrew Carter
Jan 16, 2016 Andrew Carter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story.
Jackie Simons
Read 9/96
Loretta
Jun 15, 2012 Loretta rated it liked it
This is not my favorite style of writing. Probably will not get another book by this author. The story was intriguing, but the characters seemed undeveloped and not very likable at times.
J. Ewbank
Jun 17, 2010 J. Ewbank rated it really liked it
This was an interesting book by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg. It was a good read and i enjoyed the characters and the plot.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Diane Wachter
HB-M @ 1996 8/97. A promising DA's career gets sidetracked when she is put on trial for starting a fire that killed her parents and disfigured her. Okay.
Cws
M Ros
Amy
Jul 30, 2009 Amy rated it it was ok
It was ok, different from her other books, which I have enjoyed.
Jenny
Oct 15, 2016 Jenny rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! I was hooked within the first chapter, and there were a lot of excitimg twists. The last half of the book kept me up late because I didn't want to put it down.
Melissa
Feb 23, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
I really like Nancy Taylor Rosenberg's style of writing. This book was fast-paced and interesting. I would recommend it.
Marianne
Jun 27, 2011 Marianne rated it liked it
First time with this author. Good story, though at times I was put off by the writers "drama" style. Once I really got into the book, I couldn't put it down.
Weebly
Aug 15, 2009 Weebly rated it really liked it
Hubby read this book first, and her must have enjoyed it as he recommended it to me. This was a good murder mystery, which kept me guessing to the end!
Blake Farrell
Blake Farrell rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2015
Carolynmmc
Carolynmmc rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
David Goldrick
David Goldrick rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Melissa Thompson
Melissa Thompson rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2011
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Paola
Paola rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2012
you must read it 2 10 Jun 22, 2012 09:31AM
  • Invasion of Privacy (Nina Reilly #2)
  • Suspicion of Malice (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #5)
  • Blind Justice (Ben Kencaid, #2)
  • The Passenger
  • Halloween Murder (Lindy Haggerty, #4)
  • Inadmissible Evidence
  • Tracking Time (April Woo, #6)
  • A Jury of Her Peers
  • Critical Conditions (Alan Gregory, #6)
  • The Walls of Jericho (Ben Kamal and Danielle Barnea, #1)
  • Credo
  • Notorious
  • The Rapids (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #3)
With a BA in English and 5 years as a photographic model behind her, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg studied criminology. She served in the Dallas Police Department, New Mexico State Police, Ventura Police Department and as an Investigative Probation Officer in Court Services for the Country of Ventura where she handled major crimes. She lives in California.
More about Nancy Taylor Rosenberg...