Start by marking “Cold Aim (The Line of Duty #3)” as Want to Read:
Cold Aim (The Line of Duty #3)

Cold Aim

(Line of Duty #3)

Police Chief Tess O'Rourke's small town is still reeling from a devastating fire when the FBI asks for help: Could she shelter a witness in a high-profile human trafficking case? Initially reluctant to put the townspeople of Rogue's Hollow at risk, Tess is swayed after she sees Pastor Oliver Macpherson's genuine conviction to rescue those in need, a trait in him she's comi ...more
Published July 9th 2019 by Tyndale House Publishers

Win a Copy of This Book

• Cold Aim by Janice Cantore
    Cold Aim (The Line of Duty Book 3)
    Release date: Jul 09, 2019
    Enter to win one of 100 Kindle eBook copies of "Cold Aim" by Janice Cantore!

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 492 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jul 09 - Jul 23, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Cold Aim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Aim

Susan Snodgrass
    Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    'There is no matter of degree to sin. All of us have our own baggage.'

Janice Cantore brings us book 3 in her Line of Duty series and it's wonderful. Cantore is a retired police officer and it shows in her books. I love that she brings her expertise to her writing. I was drawn in from the very first and could not tear myself away.

Police Chief Tess O'Rourke is over a small town in Oregon that is suffering in the aftermath of a devastating fire and then the FBI shows up on her doorstep asking for h
    Nicole
    Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Janice Cantore’s third novel in her Line of Duty series, Cold Aim, provides a fascinating view of law enforcement and crime in the 21st century. The author’s experience as a 22-year veteran of the Long Beach Police Department in California gives readers an authentic and realistic glimpse into the dangers that law enforcement face as they risk their lives daily to protect the citizens of this country.

Cold Aim can be enjoyed as a stand-alone novel since the author provides insight into events tha
    Debbie
    Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    "Cold Aim" is a Christian suspense novel. It's the third book in a series but works fine as a stand alone. One person's actions during a suspenseful event from the previous novel were briefly "spoiled" in this one, so you may wish to read the novels in order.

Tess lives out justice as the police chief, but she's increasingly attracted to the mercy and compassion shown by Oliver. Pastor Oliver admires Tess' courage, but he's also frighten he might lose her to death like he did his wife. Everyone e
    Best In Suspense - Kelly Underwood
    This is the third novel in the Line of Duty series that focuses on Tess O’Rourke, the new police chief in small town Rogue’s Hollow. It’s probably best to start with the first book (Crisis Shot), so you can catch up on how Tess becomes the police chief.

In Cold Aim, Tess finds herself dealing with protecting a witness in a human trafficking investigation. Cold Aim delivers the suspense, as the bad guys in this novel stop at nothing to track down this witness. All of your favorite Rogue’s Hollow
    Jessica Higgins
    Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    The third installment in the Line of Duty series gives readers the best yet with more drama, action, adventure and romance than anything Cantore has written to date!

After a wildfire ravages part of Rogue Hollow, Police Chief Tess O’ Rourke tries to get her town back on its feet when the FBI shows up asking Tess to harbor a witness in a human trafficking case. Tess’s gut tells her that this isn’t the best idea, the town is still reeling from the last traumatic event and to put them in harm’s way
    Tressa (Wishful Endings)
    4.5 Stars

COLD AIM is another nail-biting suspense in this series set in a small town with Chief O'Rourke trying to protect those she loves and do her job while again facing evil. Readers will enjoy the suspense, sweet romance, themes of faith and redemption, and these lovable characters. An excellent addition to the series!

I've enjoyed this series so much! I loved the small town, with all its charm and the tight-knit community with its own problems. I especially loved Tess and Oliver and how the
    Linda Walters
    Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    The drama starts early; right from the start in fact. And it just keeps coming. It also had me guessing all over the place. Especially about who Livie Harp was and why she was so security obsessed. Not only security obsessed but being independent without the need for outside reliance.
    That's not the only thing that got my attention though. There is plenty of drama and action being played out. There are several other mysteries and dramas being played out as well as the main one. Speaking of actio
    Faye
    Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Police Chief Tess O'Rourke and her small town are still reeling from the fire that swept through leaving devastation in its wake.

Meanwhile the FBI asks Tess to shelter a witness in a high profile sex trafficking case, who might be the key to bring down the whole operation. When a clean up crew comes to Rogue's Hollow to help with the after effects of the fire, one of the new clean up crew members makes Tess uneasy. Will she be able to help catch the traffickers before it's too late?

Janice Cantor
    Deb Haggerty
    Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Deb’s Dozen: Human Trafficking Comes to Rogue’s Hollow. Chief Tess O’Rourke—On the Job!

Janice Cantore’s Line of Duty Series intrigued me from the first book. In Police Chief Tess O’Rourke, she created a likeable, fallible character you’d love to have as a best friend. And the love interest in the series, Pastor Oliver Macpherson, is equally charming and affable.

Cold Aim, the third book in the series, brings conflict to the growing relationship as they both struggle with job responsibilities vs.
    Floyd
    May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Cold Aim is a Faith based crime thriller set in the Rogue Valley outside Medford Falls, OR; it is an exciting sit-on-the-edge-of your-seat story focusing on the issues of international human trafficking and the work of national and local law enforcement’s to intervene in putting a stop to its evil.

With roots 25 years in the past, Police Chief O’Rourke and her small force, working with the county sheriff, the FBI, and the local pastor, Oliver Macpherson, would be responsible for rescuing two loc
    LA
    Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    BOOK BY: Janice Cantore
    Cold Aim returns to Chief Tess O’Rourke’s sleepy little Oregon town shortly after the drama of book 2 in the Line of Duty series.
    Tess and Pastor Oliver MacPherson are embarking a new relationship, though it seems the congregation and everyone close to them thinks they are like oil and water. Determined to give their relationship a chance, it is more than tested throughout the pages of the latest installment of Line of Duty.
    The prologue is gripping as a young woman, a star
    Linda Wilson
    Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Police Chief Tess O’Rourke’s small town is still reeling from a devastating fire when the FBI asks for help: Could she shelter a witness in a high-profile human trafficking case? Initially reluctant to put the townspeople of Rogue’s Hollow at risk, Tess is swayed after she sees Pastor Oliver Macpherson’s genuine conviction to rescue those in need, a trait in him she’s coming to love more each day.

Tess’s fledgling faith is tested when crews of workmen from out of town come in to assist with the f
    Donna (More Than a Review)
    Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Cold Aim by Janice Cantore did not disappoint. Janice is one of my go to authors. I also enjoyed this cover; I didn’t realize Oliver was so cute

Tess is a great character. I have enjoyed seeing her grow through the series. In Cold Aim she is helping the town recover from a devastating fire and trying to protect a federal witness.

The hermit in town was my favorite secondary character in this book. She was tough and prepared. My favorite scene was with her at the women’s shelter. She took charge.

C
    Joan
    Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I really liked this novel. I don't know which was better, the plot or the characters. The plot could be out of today's newspaper. The FBI is investigating a man trafficking young women and desires to shelter their star witness in a safe place. Chief Tess O'Rourke is unsure her remote Oregon town is the right place. She finds out all too soon that her instincts about a dangerous situation were all too true.

And the characters. I really liked Tess, chief of police. She is dedicated to her job of pr
    Kelly Bridgewater
    Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Returning to Rogue Hollow with Tess and Oliver made for quite an amazing ride. In Cold Aim, Janice Cantore took readers on a wild ride through the world of running away from human trafficking. While this topic has become quite popular in suspense novels lately, Cantore actually created a story about the characters on the run about to squeal on their captors. The action started in the first chapter and did not let up. Cantore stuck Tess in a number of horrible situations and allowed her to sink ...more
    Diane Higgins
    Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    "Cold Aim" was another great book by Janice Cantore. This is Book 3 in the Line of Duty series. It follows Police Chef Tess O'Rourke. The book starts out with a devastating fire that is affecting numerous residents. Then an FBI agent shows up asking for Tess' help in hiding a witness involved in a human trafficking ring. Although there are two different incidents happening, the author did a great job keeping everything together.

I love how Janice Cantore is a retired police officer and how it sho
    Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Oh my gosh, this book was amazing. The author has you on the edge of your seat from the beginning to the end, and will keep you guessing just as long. I really liked this book, I had a hard time putting it down. I like Tess she's a stubborn, hard headed, independent person who will stop at nothing to protect those in her town and those she loves. I Loved Livie she was so amazing a strong too. I think so many books now a days make the men the hero, but I would have to say there were a lot of fema ...more
    Marilyn Johnson
    Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
    This is book three in the Line of Duty series, even though this is a stand alone book, books one and two (Crisis Shot and Lethal Target) gives you lots of history into the characters in this book and they are both good reads.

All three books focus on Police Chief Tess O'Rourke. This one she must help protect not only her town but a high-profile human trafficking witness, whom is not the easiest person to protect. When her weak faith is put to the test will Tess learn to rely on God or turn from h
    Rebecca
    Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

"It's not weak to admit the truth to the one you love."

Rogue Hollow Police Chief Tess O'Rourke is a woman who never backs down, especially when it comes to protecting her constituents. Following an horrific area forest fire, she has barely had time to lift evacuation orders when the F. B. I. pays her a surprise visit; they have a young witness whom they can't even guarantee that the Federal Marshalls can protect; the stakes are so high and the corruption is so deep. Can they bring her t
    Michelle Morgan
    Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Cold Aim, Line of Duty by Janice Cantore
    Cold Aim is a fast-paced romantic suspense that kept me at the edge of my seat. I fell in love with the characters and would love to read more about some of the minor characters. There was a strong storyline of faith, the dangers of human trafficking and just pure evil. I give Cold Aim 5 stars and can’t wait to read more in this series. Although it was the first book in the series I have read, it was easy to follow along. It can be read as a stand alone bu
    Ellen White
    Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Evil is loudly spoken of from the beginning what motivates then to do evil.
    They were cleaver and able ro evade the law. Rogue Hollow a small community the chief wants to keep it safe, when asked to give shelter to a witness from a drug and human trafficking. A fire and the clean up crew brings in evil. There is plenty of non stop action, that is well written to keep one to the end. Given ARC by Net Galley and Tyndale for my voluntary review and my honest opinion.
    Dianne Sidebottom
    Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    (I probably should have refreshed my memory with rereading the other two books) nevertheless I could see the story as a tv series. Oliver and Tess (some parishioners didn't agree with this relationship) however God was teaching them about themselves. Many times the question to God about evil versus loving kindness, who is redeemable? Look forward to Janice's next book.
    Bobirley Adams
    Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Excellent fast paced Christian mystery that is so well written that she did not need a lot of gore or explicit sex!! I loved this book so much that I HAD to read another of her books before I took time to write a review!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!!!
    Esther McCune
    Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Loved the depth of this story, and the awareness it creates about trafficking victims. Mystery was good; writing outstanding. Love the authenticity that comes from the author’s law enforcement background. It feels real, not stereotypical.
    Sharon
    Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This is an intense police drama. It is an action packed Thriller. It also has a story thread that throws out a challenge to examine one's beliefs about redemption and grace.
    Fanaticmama
    Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    What a book! Love this series!
    Deena
    Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Wow! So many moving parts and story threads, and Janice Cantore keeps them all perfectly woven together, crafting the most exciting novel yet! Loved every page, and I can't wait for more from her!
    Kara
    Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Excellent final arc in this trilogy! Love Tess' development as a believer from Crisis Shot till now.
    Marla
    Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Really enjoyed this book. Had a wonderful story line with twist and turns. The author did a great job inserting faith and prayer. Thank you for the opportunity to read it
    Alyssa
    This series just keeps getting better and better. I love Tess O’Rourke and how tough she is. No matter what happens, she gets through it. I have loved her journey so far!
    Janice Cantore is such a talented writer. She draws me into the story from the first page and I find myself hanging onto it even after I put it down. Her descriptions are so vivid and her characters so realistic that I always feel like I'm in the story and forget where I am.
    I would highly recommend this series to anyone! Espec
    A former Long Beach, California, police officer of twenty-two years, Janice Cantore worked a variety of assignments, including patrol, administration, juvenile investigations, and training. She’s always enjoyed writing and published two short articles on faith at work for Cop and Christ and Today’s Christian Woman before tackling novels. Janice writes suspense novels designed to keep readers engro ...more

Line of Duty (3 books)
    • Crisis Shot (Line of Duty, #1)
    • Lethal Target (Line of Duty #2)
    “There is no matter of degree to sin. All of us have our own baggage.” 0 likes