Start by marking “The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allan” as Want to Read:
The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allan

The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allan

Jack Allan cannot count the number of times he’s been approached with invitations beginning something like, “My sister has a friend…” It seems as if everyone in the small town of Corbett, Idaho, is intent on finding a wife for him--everyone except for Jack himself. The townspeople gossip that this is because Jack, a young widower, has not gotten over the death of his wife, ...more
Published November 5th 2018 by Books to Go Now

To ask other readers questions about The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allan

Katie W
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: womens-fiction
(4.5 Stars) This story is such an enigma. While there are hints of romance, it reads more like a women's fiction novel, yet our main character is a man. What? I know. I was truly fascinated and captivated by everything in this book!

Jack is a widower and leads a very ordinary and structured existence. He has women falling all over him, and everyone wanting to set him up, yet he's an average man--average in height, build, and looks--and he comes across as socially awkward. But there's something ab
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This book is a bit of a mixed bag for me. It's labeled as an inspirational romance but I really wouldn't call it that. I would say that it was inspirational because there is definitely religious tones but this really wasn't a romance. One of my reviewer friends said this read like women's fiction and honestly, she nailed it. That is exactly what I thought while reading it. The funny thing is that the main character is a male. So, it's women's fiction with a male lead. Ha! There is some dating in ...more
Cathy
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was really good. I liked a lot of things about it. The author did a really great job with the setting, and the characters. The plot was a bit predictable. But the book was still enjoyable.

One of my favorite things about the book was the setting of Corbett, Idaho. Corbett doesn’t appear to be a real place, at least I don’t remember it and it’s not coming up in a Google Maps search, but it felt like the little town I grew up in in Idaho. The way everyone knows everyone and their business
No Apology Book Reviews
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A slow burn but still a solid novel

My thanks to Dayle King Searle, who asked me to read a free copy of her novel in exchange for an honest review.

First and foremost, I want to say this was not a romance. Oddly enough, it’s women’s fiction with a male protagonist. I found the weird clash of tone, perspective, and genre fascinating, and I have to wonder if Searle and her team were aware of it.

Why do I make that argument? Because it wasn’t really about Jack and Ally falling in love, not primarily;
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. To let a new person in or not?
The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allen by Dayle King Searle is an unexcepted tale of making friends, getting back into the dating life, and accepting what happened in the past. Jack Allan has dealt with a lot in the past and even know for people trying to set him up with other girls that his other citizens in Corbett, Idaho.
Jack Al
Char (1RadReader59)
I truly enjoyed the spirit of this story. There were parts of it on the apple pie in the sky, side of life. Like, too good to be true for what we are used to in today's hustle and bustle, isn't it? Yes! But that is one of the reasons I liked it. Because it was, not to mention, it was funny too.

This book was filled with crazy dating antics, brothers and sisters can get each other into. Real life mom moments where you will spaz when something catches you off guard. Or when you have five boys get
April Sanderlin
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I recently read The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allan by Dayle King Searle. While sold as an inspirational romance, it is much more. There is a romantic element but it is really just a beautiful story. The main character is a man, very unusual for anything romantic-ish. Jack is a farmer who has lost his wife, his neighbor Ruby plays matchmaker between him and her granddaughter, Ally. Things don't go quite as planned for the sassy Ruby, but she believes she knows what is best. In addition, we fin ...more
Becky Bown
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable Read

This is one of those feel good books with very likeable characters. The author made me feel like I was right there in Idaho as the story was taking place with the little details she included. There was just enough intrigue in the story line that it made it hard to put down at the end. It was very enjoyable to read.
Becky
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute

Nice story, a bit cheesy like bad acting. The middle
Of the book was great. I related to jack as I have also lost an infant. What ally said to jack made me think and feel alright about my grieving process. The end of the book was kind of cheesy too. But it was a nice feel good book.
Whitney
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
It started out a little slow, but about halfway through got really good. I felt like it ended suddenly and wanted to read a little more about Jack and Ally's life together. I'm a sucker for romance though. 😊 I would recommend this book!
Stephanie
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a cute read, with a little romance and little about potato farming this is your book. I loved this book such a fun read, loved that it was so relatable to real life.
Daisy Dandelion
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun book! I loved the potato farm life background to this lovely story.
John Johnson
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The well written story is engaging and entertaining with a great message. I can’t wait for more books to come from this talented author.
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars Cute book. Nothing earth shattering, but enjoyable.
UBN: Book with a green cover
Danni
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
this book was written by a friend. It is really good.
Jen J
Daryl
May 11, 2019
Laurie
May 19, 2019
LDS Ladies Book Club: The Reluctant Courtship of Jack Allan 1 11 Apr 12, 2019 08:37AM