Start by marking “Hope on the Horizon” as Want to Read:

Hope on the Horizon

Falling in love isn't on her to-do list.
Managing a two-hundred acre campground and guiding whitewater trips are enough to fill Hailey White's lonely days. When acts of vandalism threaten her home and business, she's forced to ask for help. Her best friend's brother is the last person she expects to come to her rescue.

One bullet will end all his nightmares forever.
Angry vo
Published November 29th 2018 by Kathryn McNeill Crane

To ask other readers questions about Hope on the Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope on the Horizon

Start your review of Hope on the Horizon
Julie
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hailey and Walker are perfect for each other. They may have started out on the wrong foot when they met, but they are destined to be together. I love Hailey’s tell it like it is attitude and Walker’s PTSD makes this an emotional and beautiful journey for them both. Add in some suspense, small town life, and this book was perfect for me!
Stacia
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4-4.5 stars ⭐️

Being a military wife and having a husband who has gone on several deployments to war and hazardous duty locations, this book really hit home for me. I know first hand the way these deployments can change the people you love. Not only is my husband active duty, but my best friends husband was as well, and he now suffers severely with PTSD and depression and I’ve watched how it has affected his whole family.

Author Kathryn McNeil Crane clearly did her research on this subject! The
Kaitlyn
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness!!! This book!! I fell for Hailey and Walker right away and couldn’t put it down. Not only that, I fell for some of the places in the book as I had just visited them in real life and that was pretty cool! Not only do you get your romance in this book but you also get so much more! You’ll be flipping the pages faster then normal needing to know what happened! And when you’re done you’ll be like ok what now? You don’t want to miss Hailey and Walker’s story!
Elizabeth
3.25 Stars
This is a solid, sweet story that leads to romance.
Hailey and Walker are both strong and interesting characters that bring a little bit of baggage with them. The automatic give and take between them was refreshing and I appreciated the way they seemed to bring the best out of each other the longer they worked together.
The story surrounding Hailey and Walker was also entertaining. There were elements of mystery, intrigue, small town politics, and danger.
As much as I enjoyed this book
Melissa
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous story by Ms. Crane! I love how Ms. Crane weaves in the small town/country feel to each of her stories. Her characters are every day type people. People you might meet in your small town. Hope on the Horizon had a little bit of everything - suspense, mystery, and romance. Perfect story to cozy up to with a cup of coffee (or tea).
Susan Homan
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope on the Horizon

Hope on the Horizon is about Hailey and Walker. Hailey owns Firefly, a campground and she also rents kayaks and boats to go on the river. She keeps getting vandalized. Walker is former military that was hurt in action and suffers PTSD and feeling like he has no reason to live. Hailey will give him a place to live if he will help her find out who is vandalizing her campground. Hailey has not had an easy life and has her own past she is fighting. Hailey does not sugar coat or gi
Carolyn
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great clean book. There is action, suspense, drama and love. Hailey owns a 200 acre camp ground that has been hit by vandals recently. Walker is the half brother of Hailey’s bff. He was badly injured in a road side bombing serving as a Marine. He has a rod in his broken leg, a scared face and PTSD and a bad attitude. Hailey doesn’t let him get away with his bad attitude and he respects her for that since every one else coddles him. She asks him to come to her camp grounds to help her t ...more
Andrzejewski Amy
Hope on the Horizon was a easy read and kept me entranced in its pages. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters, especially Hailey and Walker. The story touches on some real life problems. Both characters suffered from PTSD and trust issues from past relationships. Walker was a disabled veteran who was injured in active duty. Together as a team Hailey and Walker work on finding whose vandalizing her beloved campgrounds. Through trying to catch the culprit and solve the mystery. Both character ...more
Mary Fazzi
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This book was so good. Hailey owns Firefly with a few employees. Walker is her best friends half brother that needs a job and something to do to keep busy. Since he got wounded over seas and can’t be a Marine anymore. Hailey gets him to help her out and as they work closer together they become closer and lean on each other. Due to someone wreaking her camp and a few other suspects that could be causing her all the problems Walker is made it clear that he will be there to help. The thing is they ...more
Becky
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life hadn’t been easy for Hailey growing up yet she maintained her wit, courage and strength. Walker’s military experience crippled his soul, spirit and body. Kathryn did a fantastic job in telling Walker’s story and how he was trying to come to terms with his PTSD. Hailey and Walker were two strong independent people that came together supporting one another. They accepted each other and fell for each other. The twists and events at Firefly showed them they could win together and belonged toget ...more
Deb
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
On a positive note, this was nice clean story with some mild romance and suspense, and is an easy, quick read. The negative side is that the story line felt rushed. Some items were written in detail (like the description of the water in one of the final scenes) and some were glossed over with minimal details (like Walker's almost miraculous recovery, he went from barely being able to walk to not needing assistance in a few weeks with little to no reference made in regard to the steps he was taki ...more
Nicole Studioso
Great book with fun amazing characters and a fast-paced storyline. The slow build to Hailey and Walker's relationship is refreshing and completely believable. There's lots of snark, sarcastic dialogue and heart-tugging moments to keep you engaged and involved throughout the story. Some of the pacing is off and at times I felt like I was missing information or lost track of the storyline, but the author gets you back on track quickly. I loved witnessing Walker's transformation from broken angry m ...more
Alison Davis
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I have read from this author and I really enjoyed reading it. Playful banter, suspense, drama, a sketchy sheriff, mystery, action, backstabbing employees and two amazing characters healing together and moving on with life has the making of a great story. The writing was so well developed that you felt like you were right there with Hailey and Walker as they were developing their relationship. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Heather
Hope on the Horizon was an easy read. Follows the lives of Hailey who runs an outdoor kayaking centre and Walker who has been discharged from the army after being injured. Walker has post traumatic stress and feels guilty and angry and Hailey is struggling with money as equipment keeps getting vandalised. She offers Walker a place to stay and recuperate if he will help find out who’s sabotaging her stuff. There’s a bit of suspense and romance along the way.
Christina Rhoads
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by this author, and will not be my last. I enjoyed her brand of writing, the story kept me captivated throughout. Hailey and Walker had such depth, they felt as though they were part of my real life. There was an element of suspense which I immensely enjoyed. This was a “clean” book, which I found a nice, refreshing break from my norm.
Angela
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing!!!! Breathtaking, beautiful, suspense filled and wow just awesome!!! I couldn't put it down and loved every page...heart wrenching love story with all the feels. I absolutely fell in love with Hailey and all her spirit...Walker was such an awesome character and I'd love to read more of their journey.
Michele Del Rey
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this first read from this author. I enjoyed the writing so much. It pulled me in right away. The characters had great chemistry. I thought this book allowed me to just read and enjoy myself.
Susan
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Hope on the Horizon is a sweet romance. I very much liked Haley- who was working to try to save her campground- and Walker- who was adjusting to a new normal after being discharged from the Marines. The characters were great together, and I loved their story!
Bookish
A clean love story with a bit of suspense and minor drama. A classic grumpy man and fun spirited woman. A story that everyone can enjoy reading.
Lacy Mercado
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great love story. I loved the story line. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Lori
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hailey and Walker's story had me hooked from the start. I loved that the characters have such great, well written chemistry. I will definitely be reading more from this author!
Neisha Exeter
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a really great read. I enjoyed it after a really hard day at work. I snuggled up with this book and a glass of wine to de-stress. A fantastic book and definitely recommended.
Dawn
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hailey and Walker have a great story of trials, danger and love. Great story.
Tami
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Walker is a soldier in a bad place. He lost his purpose in life when he got hurt. His sister friend needs help, and in turn they helped each other. Eventually realizing they both fell in love♡
Crystal
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Hope on the Horizon is a good small town read. It was easy to follow and suspenseful, but it felt rushed at times too. Mysterious things are happening at Hailey's business, is it coincidence or is there something more going on? The characters Hailey and Walker were both strong, and independent. Walker is home and hurt from his last military tour. They both seem to be drawn towards eachother at their time of need. I liked the secondary characters too.
Adrienne
4.5 STARS

I have been waiting ever so patiently for Kathryn McNeill Crane to release another book.  Her writing is always so beautiful, her characters are as strong as they are sweet.  Kathryn's storytelling is truly special, she makes you feel all warm and fuzzy while tackling really important issues.

Hailey and Walker are the medicine and the balm that they both don't know they need.  Hailey is running a business, alone, and Walker is recovering after being injured by a roadside bomb.  Hailey ne

Cassie
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one just makes you "feel", the push and pull, give and take from Hailey & Walker are endearing. I enjoyed the fact that this one takes place in a Small mountain town in NC and the Author made you feel at home there with details. It had all the elements I enjoy in a book; Romance, Suspense, Mystery and Strong Female lead without going overboard.

This is the first book I have read from this Author and I am looking forward to reading more!

Trude
Sep 21, 2018
Sarah - Books to Breathe
Nov 09, 2018
Kathryn
Nov 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Nov 29, 2018
TaniLu
Apr 03, 2019
Lisa Marie Barrera
Sep 29, 2019

• Master of Secrets (Gods of Vegas, #4)
  • Storms of Summer
  • Hell on Wheels (Kings of Mayhem MC, #4)
  • River in Darkness (River's End, #11)
  • Mogul (Price of Fame, #3)
  • Thresholds
  • Till I Found You
  • The Secret (The Comeback Series Book Four)
  • Securing Ara (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Team Cerberus Book 6)
  • Coming Back (Windsor Falls)
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Complicated Love (Moment In Time #2)
  • The Perfect Pitch (Indianapolis Lightning, #1)
  • Damion (Son, #4)
  • The Debt Collector (An Underground Bad Boys Romance)
  • The Complete Package: The Jake Davis Box Set: The Holiday Package & The Sweetest Package (Jake Davis #1-2)
  • A Farmer's Christmas
  • A Country Christmas
Bestselling author Kathryn Crane is a simple country girl who likes to spend time with her family. Born and raised in Eastern North Carolina, she loves to travel, but can't imagine ever leaving the western mountains she's come to call home. She holds Jeremiah 29:11 very close to her heart and believes it with every fiber of her being. She pens Contemporary Southern Romance novels where her endeari ...more