Start by marking “Bonds (Bonds Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Bonds (Bonds Series Book 1)

Bonds (Bonds Series Book 1)

Do you know who hides in your past?

Half the village of Breccan lies dead - slaughtered. All that stands between Antony Cardover and his freedom is his wife, Isabella; or so he believes.
In his wrath at his wife's adultery, Antony trades his soul for the chance of vengeance. His price? An eternity as a monster - a man bearing a vampire curse. To stop him, the curse must be
Published October 29th 2018 by Crimson Cloak Publishing (first published February 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bonds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bonds

Amber
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The fact that this book was given to me for free in no way affects my opinion of the book.

When I read about the book I felt like I had to read it. Once I started reading it life seemed to get in the way, but not for long. The book called to me every time I got the chance to read.

I felt a deep connection to the characters, because they were built so well. Their looks, and their personality were extremely eas
Jayne
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this as part of a good reads giveaway.
From the start I was hooked. This is a well written intriguing book and I really enjoyed the plot. It was a nice change to have the vampires as the enemy and with no question to that. This was a light, quick and refreshing read.
I have seen a number of reviews that state this book slowed down towards the middle, but I did not find this. I enjoyed this all the way through. I would certainly recommend this to anyone with an interest of the supernatural.
Paula
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down, it is breathtakingly atmospheric and very well written.
Nelly
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Been waiting ages for this since discovering Marie's talent on her blog at http://scaryramblings.blogspot.co.uk.
Bonds is absolutely superb.
Dana
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good and intense read. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Becca's world is our world. The town in which Becca lives has grown around the tale of Anna, Isabella and Antony Cardover, everyone knows the story but not many actually believe it any more. Including Becca.
I felt quite sorry for Becca actually, it would seem she didnt really have much in the way of magical instruction before her 16th birthday, and the events of that birthday had her running scared from her craft. And I cant say I blame her. And nothing that came after really prepared her for wh
Fiona Holland
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bonds by Marie Anne Cope is a visceral, fast-paced tale of ancient wrongs and present dangers. Making use of motifs familiar to readers of vampire literature, Cope’s skill is in weaving a story that starts four hundred years ago and lands - ground-shakingly - in the here and now. Using short, episodic chapters and allowing the cast of characters to speak for themselves, the pace and tension gather momentum towards a thrilling ending. At the centre of the story is Becca, a thoroughly modern girl ...more
P.J. Roscoe
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, having never read a vampire genre before, it was refreshing to see the 'baddie' had a back story which made me feel a little sorry for him!
What this book needs is editing. The word 'had' is overly used and doesn't need to be once past is established. One chapter was impossible to read and I flicked forward, feeling frustrated, but got back into the story once I edited it as I read through, using the correct words.
That said, I loved the cover, really drew me in. I did enjoy t
Mark Pearce
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the very start I found myself pulled in to the story flowing through this book. Marie has produced an array of likeable and realistic characters in her story telling. Once I started to read it I found it very difficult to put it down. A great read by a new and interesting author. I look forward to reading the next one soon.
Alana
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A clever concept and an intriguing story. Found in some places the story dipped but I persevered and found the last third of the book a lot more gripping and interesting. The diaries of Carla are where the story for me picked up and started to draw me in. Not a bad book and am interested to see how the next one continues.
Aurora Hamilton
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked Becca, she as believable and the story is strong. It would convert well to film as a classic vampire movie.
J.D. Groom
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great!

I really enjoyed the story and the characters involved. The back story and changing points of view were easy to follow.
Anne Monteith
I enjoyed this vampire tale because unlike the sexy, tortured vampires that have women falling all over them until they meet their soul mate and they have their HEA, this vampire is a monster. Any decency that he may have once possessed is gone and he s evil.

I understand Antony’s anger and why he would have wanted to destroy Isabella and her lovers, but Anna had done nothing to deserve his wrath. She helped his father when he was ill, she warned him about Isabella and tried to keep them apart, b
Lou
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I purchased a signed copy of Bonds from Marie-Anne Cope at an author event in October 2018. It was in the run-up to this event I first found out about Marie-Anne Cope and her work.
After reading the blurb for Bonds I decided that I needed to read this series. In November me and my fella headed to Wales for a holiday so I grabbed my signed copy of Bonds and took it with me. I read Bonds in a little over a day! Once I started reading I quickly became hooked.
Bonds is the story of Antony Cardover and
Wildfox Anthology
BLOG | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | STORE

I could tell from the prologue that I wasn't going to enjoy this book, and unfortunately, that seems to be the case.

It wasn't that the writing was bad or there was anything particularly wrong about the book. The story itself, however, felt tired and uninspired. Nothing about it was new, original, or challenging to me as a reader. We've heard this story a million times. Now a teenage girl between the ages of 12-14 might disagree with me. But as an a
Louise Chapman
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to be given a copy of Bonds for a honest review and seeing as the Fantasy and Paranormal genre are right up my street I jumped at the at the chance to read it.

Becca is a young woman with a long family history of Wicca/Witches. From a young age her grandmother introduces her to the ways of the Wicca, but Becca doesn't want to except her ancestry. That is, until she has to confront a Vampire called Antony Cardover, who is intent on finishing a job he started four hundred years e
Suhani Singh
I received its e-book from Netgalley for a review.
This plot of this book consists of two different eras, one being the present, and the other, 400 years ago.
The story follows a girl named Rebecca Martin, who realises that she and her mother are the only living descendants of Isabella, a woman who was murdered 400 years ago by Antony Cardover. Antony on the other hand, is a Vampire, who almost slaughtered a whole village to seek vengeance on his wife. And he can only escape from his vampire curse
Erica
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this as an e-book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I started this book and part of me felt like it became a job to read it, the first two chapters dragged but after the end of the second chapter I was hooked. I found myself wanting to constantly read on even when I was crazy busy, I reached for it and kept reading. I connect with the characters so seamlessly. Marie Anne Cope has a way with setting the tone to match the characters we are currently reading about. Usually
Rona Morris
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb book author will happily accept feedback on the book
Runningrabbit
There's nothing wrong with this one, it was too predictable and too contemporary dracula-esque.
Dawn Lennox
Not a bad book, an old family curse comes to light when a church is being moved, and the story of how it happened is revealed.

Dennis Cooper
Mary
Mar 14, 2014
Tammy Collet
Apr 11, 2018

• Bittersweet Darkness (The Order, #3)
  • His Scottish Pet: Dom of the Ages
  • Love's Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • Magic Academy
  • Bobcat (Tales of the Were: Redstone Clan #4)
  • No Love for the Wicked (Damned, #2)
  • Lucius (The Fallen #1)
  • Storm Dancer
  • The Cage King (Entwined Realms, #2)
  • Dragonhorse and Seeker of the Forgotten Knowledge (Dragonhorse Saga, #1)
  • The Thieves of Stonewood (Stonewood Trilogy, #1)
  • The Frey Saga
  • The Heist
  • Defiance (Dragonics & Runics #1)
  • Beg Me to Slay
  • HERE.
  • Observation City
  • The Hidden Ones (Legacy of the Watchers, #1)
Marie Anne Cope was born in Marlow, in the UK. She has worked as a salesperson and a banker, before eventually training as an accountant, working for over a decade in practice and industry before setting up her own business. Marie is also a yoga teacher.

She is presently writing three series.

The BONDS series is set in both the seventeenth century and the modern day and follows the unusual relations