Start by marking “Space Boy Volume 4 (Space Boy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Space Boy Volume 4 (Space Boy, #4)

Space Boy Volume 4

(Space Boy #4)

A sci-fi drama of a high school aged girl who belongs in a different time, a boy possessed by emptiness as deep as space, an alien artifact, mysterious murder, and a love that crosses light years.

To Amy, everyone has a flavor. For instance, Doctor Kim is like chamomile tea with lemon.

Amy is finally feeling that she's made a true connection with the mysterious, flavorless
Published July 9th 2019 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Space Boy Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space Boy Volume 4

Start your review of Space Boy Volume 4 (Space Boy, #4)
Lauren
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The recent installment of Space Boy remains a delight, however, I feel that this was quite possibly the weakest one in the series so far. Don't get me wrong - I am thoroughly enjoying the story and the artwork is vividly superb but I don't think we learned much in this volume and the pace seemed slower.

Basically Amy meets Dr Kim and visits Oliver's house (which is more like a mansion) but whilst she is there she receives a phone call from Cassie (and David) who warn her about "dangerous"
Rod Brown
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
The mysterious space boy gets mysteriouser and mysteriouser as this tale continues to unfold at its usual lackadaisical pace. A major complication in the friendship/romance with Amy threatens to undo all the progress made so far. Silly and slow, but still enjoyable.
Shannon ✨
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Brenda Lower
Ahh! Mysterious things are happening. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Alissa
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
have I mentioned how much I love this series? Still wondering what's going on with Oliver. How the plot does thicken!!

(view spoiler)
Dakota Morgan
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Another volume in the Space Boy series with lots of feelings, one big revelation, and a smattering of good art. This series is such a slow roll (the "Amy's big homecoming date" storyline is essentially forgotten), but the characters and setting are pleasant. I was a bit disappointed that it took so long for Amy (view spoiler). Looking forward to another tiny dollop of Oliver's backstory in the next volume.
Delaney Felix
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5, I am perpetually impatiently waiting for the next installment. Space Boy is PHENOMENAL and has some great representation and themes.

Book 1 for The Reading Rush!
Fits challenges
- Read a book in the same spot
- Read a book with a non-human MC!
Diana-christie
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysterious
The Oliver character is getting more intriguing.
Alison
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loving this series - there are so many little plot seeds being planted at this point, and the characters are all great.
LibraryLass
Jaime
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
These are very quick reads, which means that I wish they had more content or were a little longer. The mysterious white haired boy, just keeps getting more mysterious. Making me want to know what he is up to.
The graphics are awesome.
I want more story in one book.
Karissa
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the Space Boy series and was much better than the third book in this series. In this book we learn a lot more about the mystery around Oliver. This is still moving pretty slow and just a tiny bit is revealed in each book. I am getting these from the library, so I am okay with that but I might be a bit disappointed in story progress if I was buying these.

Amy finally gets to visit Oliver at his house and meet his father Doctor Kim. However, things get pretty crazy when
Su
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Clearly, I’m binging this series (and if you can’t wait for the next several volumes to com out in paper format please check out the weekly updates on WEBTOON and give McCranie some good reviews there). I initially gave this volume a four as I have the others, but I had to knock it down a star because the mystery is developing at a pace that is frustrating to me. I love all the slice of life episodes and seeing more and more of the characters and who they are, but I feel like you get a page or ...more
Amanda
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just LOVE this little series...

And although I still rated this particular installment 5 ’s, this would probably be the first one I’ve read through and didn’t experience much development. I mean, sure, we are introduced to some of the antagonists within the series, but there still wasn’t much development with it. So while I still absolutely LOVE this graphic novel series, this was a little bit of a disappointment. It’s all good! I love the characters and watching the social scenarios play out
Chelsea Hill
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I feel very conflicted about this series. The pace is soooo slow that it just barely holds my interest. This volume takes place over two days, but it doesn't contain the exciting action required to make this brief period of time interesting. Instead, we are once again bombarded with the mundane with a vague promise of a more exciting plot to come. It was nice to see a bit more of Oliver's life and the larger plotline we are supposed to care about finally be addressed with any real significance, ...more
Karen
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
McCranie's newest volume in the Space Boy series does not disappoint! You find out even more about certain characters which keeps the plot interesting and evolving. The drawings and lettering really compliment each other. I feel that the lettering is really unique and fits in well with the main character's personality. I highly recommend this graphic novel series. I received a DRC from Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review.
Rebecca Ann
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Having zipped through this volume in 20 minutes, I can't help but wish they were longer? It feels like each book has only a chapter of a story, and I am just not that patient. Finally we have an inkling that Oliver's past is somehow a top-secret government issue to the point that those who know it must actually die (seems extreme). But that is really it...Nothing else happens in this one.
Aud
I don't actually know how much of the webcomic is in this volume but I've read everything that's available (were getting into volume 6 now I think) and it's a beautifully crafted comic. The art is gorgeous. The story is amazing and sad and heartwarming and exciting. I definitely want to own this one physically.
Nadina
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This volume was great. I really enjoyed how the story continued to develop.
I'm really not sure what to say about this volume without including spoilers, but we do get to learn a bit more about Oliver, which is cool, though he still remains a bit of a mystery.
I'm looking forward to seeing where this series will lead in future volumes.
Jennybeast
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think goodreads must be losing some of my reviews -- I could swear I reviewed this one as well. I like the gradual reveal of space boy's back story, but don't like the menacing threads that seem to surround him.
C.J. Milbrandt
Ah, the drama. Amy is still adorably oblivious. Oliver is still a mystery. Zeph is breaking my heart. David needs to sort out his priorities. And Cassie makes me more than a little furious.

Keep them coming, Mr. McCranie!
Drucilla
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm giving this 4 stars just for the sheer "what the hell is actually going on with Oliver?" aspect. I mean, I have a theory, but I was expecting the small hints to continue, not (view spoiler). Looking forward to the next volume!
Emily
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.7/5
(I KNOW I KNOW i should just stick with .5’s I’M SORRY, and it might honestly actually really be a 4/5, there was a lot of really well-done stuff in this one)
Shana
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The story continues to captivate, but I would recommend waiting so you can binge read. I will most likely forget what is happening when the next in the series is out in October 2019.
Jennifer Green
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I caved and read this one online. The story has me and my teen hooked. We couldn't wait for the book so jumped to the actual web version which is well ahead of where the books are.
Samantha Grenier
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one stings a little. ...more
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Need more ASAP
Anne
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m loving this series! I can’t wait for #5 to come out.

• The Dam Keeper: Return from the Shadows (Dam Keeper, #3)
  • Stargazing
  • The Changeling King (Estranged, #2)
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival
  • Cheshire Crossing
  • This Was Our Pact
  • Mooncakes
  • Island Book
  • The Red Maze (5 Worlds, #3)
  • Pilu of the Woods
  • The Okay Witch
  • Are You Listening?
  • Black Canary: Ignite
  • Giant Days, Vol. 11
  • Kim Reaper, Vol. 2: Vampire Island
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Pumpkinheads
Stephen McCranie has been drawing comics since before he could read or write. He graduated from the University of New Mexico with a degree in Fine Arts and currently lives and works out of a small apartment in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Space Boy (6 books)
  • Space Boy Volume 1 (Space Boy, #1)
  • Space Boy Volume 2 (Space Boy, #2)
  • Space Boy Volume 3 (Space Boy, #3)
  • Space Boy Volume 5 (Space Boy, #5)
  • Space Boy Volume 6 (Space Boy, #6)