Start by marking “When Ashes Fall” as Want to Read:
When Ashes Fall

When Ashes Fall

"When Ashes Fall is a tautly written, complex, and emotionally-charged love story that takes the reader on an unforgettable, unexpected, and deeply moving journey.” —USA Today

It’s been said that you can’t love two men at the same time.
You can’t split your heart, soul, and body in half.
But I’m here to tell you, you can.
Dylan Cole is like ice, sharp and unpredictable, the
Published January 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about When Ashes Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Ashes Fall

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐3/4! When Ashes Fall (stand-alone). A story of survival, surrender, healing & a second chance at love!

“I hope one day you’ll show me your storm.”

When Ashes Fall, told from multiple POVs it’s a story best experienced. Go in blindly. I promise you, it will warm and shatter your heart in equal measure.

The story evokes the whole spectrum of emotions; dealing with the fragility of life, life after love and… the power in letting go.

Effortless story-telling! Riveting plot! Heart-wrenchi
Dri ✰
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, 2019-favorites
4.5 “wishing for a sunny day...” STARS

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

Primeiro de tudo, tenho que confessar que quando vi este livro e li a sinopse, estava certa de que não iria ler. E esse pensamento se manteve firmemente comigo.

Porém, depois de algumas decepções com as leituras passadas eu resolvi arriscar e dar uma chance, já que nada estava conseguindo me encantar ou impressionar.

Melhor escolha que fiz, sério!

Eu já adorava esta autora, entretanto seus últimos lançamentos não foram tão b
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

’WHEN ASHES FALL’ Is a full length Romance Novel by Marni Mann. Spoken in multiple Perspectives. This does flit from ‘Past’ (Dylan’s POV) to ‘Present’ (Alix’s POV and Smiths's POV)

Rest assured this is a safe book for ones whose hard limit is cheating, none whatsoever occurs in this book. You are safe to go..

Go in blind, sit back and let the words of this author engulf you, a poignant story that cut me to the core,
Kat Valentine
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review will becoming next week.

But I just want to say for now,if you haven't read this book your missing out on a fabulous read!!! I'm so glad I went in blind! This book will leave you raw and the writing is amazing!!! I won't forget this book for a very long time, if ever!!😉💖

This is my review in full !💖

Marni Mann has written one of the most phenomenal books I’ve ever read! When Ashes Fall is a hauntingly beautiful story that cracks open your heart and leaves you raw! Such a truly beautiful l
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE MUST READ Amazon https://amzn.to/2FeUO9w

5 stars

What an emotional,intense ,heartbreaking and unforgettable story.Such a beautiful story, my heart is so full right now and broken at the same time.I was crying a lot and I'm still thinking about it.

description

The last chapters were so intense and so real.I was so into the story that I felt like I was a part of it.I was not prepared for what I found in this story it took me by surprise and I loved how much this story touch me!

The writing is beautiful and
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
RTC

I'm loving my 2019 reads so far ❤

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Elizabeth
"Something was wrong with all of this. I didn't know how to fix it."
description

When Ashes Fall is a beautifully crafted contemporary romance colored with raw emotions full of passion and love that have been blended and splattered on a canvas. The moment you set your eyes on the first word on the first page, you cannot look away. The precision in which each word sinks into your psyche builds your hopes and fears in the exact same breath as you submerge yourself into this world.
"The earth was tilting bene
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

5 unforgettable stars - *Spoiler-Free Review*

‘I hugged her. I was holding her with every part of me, every piece of my flesh that could reach her.
And I didn’t let go.
Not even when she fell asleep.’

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

Lord almighty this was a good book. I was legit ugly crying at the end even though I had figured out what was going on right from page one. That is the only reason I am not giving it 5-Stars. It was pretty obvious (to me) WHAT had happened it was just the details surrounding certain events that remained a mystery until the end. Even knowing all that it was still a very compelling read.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Wil Loves Books!
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
This book was so not my cuppa is not even funny. I should always follow my instincts when it comes to books that have tons of 4 and 5 stars reviews and they’re written by authors I don’t normally read, because chances are I won’t like them. But this one had such a beautiful cover, the audiobook was on sale and I had a long day of flying ahead of me so what gives, I caved.

I will say though that the reasons for me not liking this book are mostly personal, so this is totally a me and not the book c
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m speechless. This book blew me away! I honestly need a minute to collect myself. I just FEEL SO MANY THINGS. What an outstanding story!
Jemima
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
When one of your favourite author recommends a book, you read the damn book.

I can't even begin to explain how good this book is. So, I'm not going to. What I will do is recommend that You READ this BOOK ASAP!

Bookdragons, This book sucker punched me with emotions I didn't know I could feel.
I cried, I laughed, I felt hopeful,I felt the sheer excitement and hopefulness of being in love and I also felt such immense sadness and grief but PEOPLE, I loved every moment of it.

Ya'll NEED to read this bo
Olga therebelreader
*4.5 stars*

I loved this book from page one and was instantly sucked in by Alix's mysterious past. This is a heartbreaking story about closure and rebuilding your life. The plot had a mysterious angst and the author wrote a killer climax that leaves readers breathless. I never felt bored while reading this book and I always wanted to find out more.

All three main characters have their own issues and problems which make them all have their own say in the story. Alix was a survivor. What happened to
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Unputdownable. Unexpected. Unforgettable!

Marni Mann has outdone herself! This story is absolutely gorgeous. The writing is impeccable. The characters are larger than life. The story is flawless. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time .I read it. The story consumed my entire life, I could barely function while adulting.

Here’s what I loved:
The cover is gorgeous. The blurb is amazing.
The characters are everything! Gah! Just thinking about them makes me tear up.
The story is raw. I felt all
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Alix Rayne learned to appreciate moments in her life. As a first responder, she knew how the tide could turn without warning. The love in her heart kept her grounded but it was split by two men - the commanding Dylan Cole and the compassionate Smith Reid, and she wasn’t ready to let go either of them.

Alix and I weren’t perfect. We had cracks. And, as the months passed, I learned some deepened while others got fille
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When ashes Fall has now made it on my top favorite list of this year and we’re only in January people!!it was confusing in a good way, deeply emotional, cathartic, loving, and it made me want to live my best life.

Told in dual points of view, this was more than just a story. This was one woman’s journey to happiness while at the same time dealing with her past, and this was about two men who loved a woman more than life itself. The heartache that these characters went through was unbelievable
The Book Bee
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
*~* SPOILER FREE REVIEW *~*

REVIEW: 4 Tearful Stars
"Something was wrong with all of this. I didn't know how to fix it. I didn't know if I could."

CONFESSION: I have always given my friends crap when they tell me they want to cheat and look in the back of a book to see how it ends. I have NEVER wanted to CHEAT and look at the ending of a book so bad in all my life!!! But, rest assured, I did not. But the need was there.

GO INTO THIS BOOK AS BLIND AS POSSIBLE.

This was my first book by Marni Ma
Kathy West
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book blind. I didn't even read the blurb before I started it. and WOW!! I am so glad I did it that way.

This book was AMAZING. It touched my heart in places that haven't been touched by a book in a long time.

This book is told from 3 POV's. You start with Alix (present day) and Dylan (the past) . Smith (present day) will enter later.

Alix is a 911 dispatcher and an ex-paramedic. She is living life the best she can. But Alix has demons. Alix has fears. Alix has lived though event
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
If you haven't read this book you need to drop whatever you're doing and pick it up NOW! The way the author delivered this story is nothing short of masterful. It was powerful, complicated and emotional. You think you know what's happening and you DO, but you DON'T. I know this makes no sense but my advice is to go into this blind.

It wrecked me in the best way possible 😭😭😭. This is a story I know will stay with me for a long time. I stayed up all night reading it and I can still feel it. Book l
CC

4.5 Stars

Alix Rayne is a natural caretaker and her occupational choice fuels her nurturing side. Though she can be in complete control at times, Alix has moments when she is unable to cope. Always searching for sunny days, she begins to see what is right in front of her.

“I was in complete darkness. That was where I belonged. And that was where I stayed.”

Told in multiple POV, the narrative shifts between past and present to further develop the characters and offers a swift cadence. As Alix’s pl
Dilek VT
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as nope
Shelves: trigger-alert, death
My friend Bookylicious read this book and told me all about it on the phone today. I decided not to read it because I won't be happy in the end and I need my "happy" in romance books.

***

Please DO NOT READ THE SPOILERS if you want to read the book and be surprised. However, if you have lots of triggers, maybe you would like to check but please be forewarned that the information below will most probably spoil the surprise effect in the book.

***

Think twice before reading the spoilers...

One last
Malene
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m so glad I went into When Ashes Fall blindly cause I was on the edge of my seat throughout most the story and I fell in love with the story and its characters. I recommend to other readers to do the same. For your own enjoyment. This story is all about emotions. I felt it deep in my bones. The heroine Alix is a wonderful wonderful heroine who lives her life based on rutines and structure. I appreciate how the author chose to tell Alix’s story. It was exciting following her journey. Her before ...more
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“I always heard music. Beats, lyrics. I only had to listen to a song once before it started playing in my head.
One day… the music stopped.”

When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann is a beautifully crafted story with so much raw and gut wrenching emotion that it was utterly captivating. I for one know that this epic tale is completely and irrevocably unforgettable. From the moment I started this story I was hooked and I could not stop reading, even when I felt my heart was being ripped out of my chest a
Vanessa (nessreads)
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

10 “Moments" Stars

"We all need a little more hope. And some people need the reminder that there will be more sunny days, especially me."

I am at a loss for words. My heart is stuck in my throat. How do I move on? The answer is never. I can't, even after finishing reading this exquisite book weeks ago I still can't properly pen my thoughts. Every time I try, I'm stuck. It's not like I don't know what to say, it's just, not enough. I was complete
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
I don't really know how else to start this review except with a warning: Marni Mann has decided to come out swinging, so be prepared as you'll be left swaying on your feet. You honestly have no idea what this book is about, (believe me I tried to get it out of her for months), but it doesn't stop you from falling in love with her words and her talent. The level of emotion that she conveys with each word left me gasping because I knew the inevitable anvil would fall. Alix's story was tumultuous, ...more
Di Covey
5 Stars isn't enough! 😭
What a way to start my reading journey for 2019! I'll be back when I pull myself together.

"I opened my mouth. And I screamed. No sound came out. It was a silent one. But, in my head, it was the loudest noise I’d ever heard."

I'm somewhat together now. And have no idea how to express my feelings about this book! Marni Mann delivers a heartbreaking, harrowing journey of rebuilding a shattered heart! I'm satisfied with the ending, a loss for words, but okay, I think. I alre
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann
5 stars!!!

“When ashes fall… That was the end.”

I first read this book about four months ago and having now read it again those first impressions, emotions, thoughts, and feelings just came flooding back…tenfold. I have been a huge fan of Marni Mann from more or less the beginning of her career when I stumbled across her book on Amazon, and I haven’t looked back since. Having read every book she has published I have to say that this is my new favourite book of hers
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Audiobook Review
When Ashes Fall is a dazzling romance featuring a unique love triangle. I have no idea why, but I’m one of those masochistic readers that allows my heart to torn be apart by love triangles time and again. While I saw the writing on the wall within the first few chapters, I appreciated the creativity of the plot and my attention was captured throughout.

When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann bookstagram

I can see why Alix falls for Dylan and Smith so easily. Dylan is bold in his pursuit of Alix, and Smith wins her over with his qui
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Marni Mann has been one of my favourite authors for a while now. What I had never realised was that she could write like this. Don’t get me wrong, everything she has written has been outstanding, however this book is beyond outstanding. There are no words.

All through this book, you feel the raw emotion that Ms Mann has poured into this book. While there is plenty of sexy time, this is wrapped in moments that go so far beyond sex and love.

This book is about one woman's love of two men, both are
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Shelves: 2018

*Spoiler-Free Review*

And I didn’t let go.
Not even when she fell asleep.’

As we wipe away our tears, we declare this to be one of our favourite reads this year. This is one of those books we feel the need to grab every fellow reader who appreciates an extraordinarily well written and heartfelt story, one that relies on raw human emotion rather than unnecessary drama or theatrics and yell, read this
Maryse's Book Blo...: When Ashes Fall BR - Date TBD - Spoilers Ahead 117 71 Jan 23, 2019 12:15PM
  • Destroy Me (Crystal Gulf, #1)
  • Garden of Goodbyes
  • The Reigning and the Rule (Surviving Time, #2)
  • Amnesia
  • Midnight Shadows (Wildefire, #3)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
  • A Place Without You
  • Tick Tock (EOD, #1)
  • You and Me (Together, #2)
  • April Fools (April, #2)
  • Blame It on the Shame (Blame It on the Shame, #3)
  • Stakeout (Stalker #1)
  • Wrecking Us  Saving You
  • A Beautiful Sin
  • Breathless Descent
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • If We Fall (What If Duet, #1)
  • The Butterfly Project
USA Today Bestselling author Marni Mann knew she was going to be a writer since middle school. While other girls her age were daydreaming about teenage pop stars, Marni was fantasizing about penning her first novel. She crafts sexy, titillating stories that weave together her love of darkness, mystery, passion, and human emotions. A New Englander at heart, she now lives in Sarasota, Florida, with ...more
“A pilot once told me, he always hoped for sunny days. They were the easiest and safest and the flights with the least amount of concern.” “In some way or another, that’s what we all hope for.” “That’s why I share the pictures; we all need a little more hope.” 2 likes
“A smart man never bets against something beautiful.” “That would be any sunny day.” 1 likes