Start by marking “Metal Mouth: Lightning Can Strike Twice” as Want to Read:
Metal Mouth: Lightning Can Strike Twice

Metal Mouth: Lightning Can Strike Twice

Published December 1st 2018 by JME Books

To ask other readers questions about Metal Mouth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metal Mouth

Start your review of Metal Mouth: Lightning Can Strike Twice
K.S. Marsden
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mahlorie has gotten perfectly good at sticking her head in the sand, and letting life pass her by; but a near-death experience forces her to step up.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Well, huh. I don't know what I was expecting, but that wasn't it.
The book is charming, funny, and easy to read. And then it hits you in the feels.

I really enjoyed this book, which follows Mahlorie, a fifteen-year-old girl who is living in the shadow of her parents. Her mum is a famous writer, a
Kasey Giard
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Metal Mouth narrator Mahlorie has a spunky, fierce voice that drew me into the story right away. She doesn’t mince words, so she’s pretty frank about the difficulties in her relationships with her parents and even her best friend, Shai. But beneath that prickly exterior is a girl hungering for love and connection with others, even if sometimes her biggest obstacle to them is herself.

In terms of the story, I thought I pretty much had the plot pegged pretty early on, but I was wrong. Lots of thing
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
This author's creative and unique writing style quickly pulls you into the story and makes the reader a part of it. You find yourself relating to the characters and feeling the emotions that are conveyed on the pages. I highly recommend this author and her books!!!
Vincent F. A.  Golphin
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Engle tends to make a common literary trope into a page-turner, because she is not afraid of the weird. The fish-out-of water scenario and deft prose in her 2013 debut work, Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light, brought to mind Mark Twain’s 1889 classic, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. I could go down the line with how she draws readers toward the familiar then takes them to an odd place. Metal Mouth: Lightning Can Strike Twice, the newest novel, extends the trend into a dazzling fr ...more
CR
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
My the third chapter I was hooked and couldn't put this one down. I chose this book for my reading this week because, I fell in love with the cover! The story was very unique and that was a nice change to other titles that I have read. The setting was our world I really enjoyed the references to Supernatural because I LOVE that show!!!

The pacing was good for the story. I really enjoyed the story up until the ending where it started to get a little boring. But, the ending worked really well for
Jessica Bronder
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mahlorie is fifteen years old and in braces. If that wasn’t hard enough to deal with she also feels second place to her famous parents. Her mother is an author and her father a magician. They are often off on their performances so Mal has gotten good at disappearing. Although she has Shea as a friend at school, she finds herself off by herself more often than not. Then she is struck by lightning and can hear a boy and he can hear her back.

What follows is a coming of age story with a great lead
Randy
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Metal mouth was a pleasant surprise. After reading dreadlands I had high expectations from the author, and she did not disappoint. I picked up this book and found myself sneaking in time to read the book every chance I got. I finished it in three days I just couldn't put it down. The story is gripping and delivers so many emotions as you follow mal’s journey. The characters feel real, and you care about them and their story. None of the characters felt unimportant which made the world of the boo ...more
Diana Montgomery
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Great for teens to adult. This book is adventurous, a mystery story of love and friendship. A page flipper. I needed a couple tissues also. Heartfelt story. Mahlorie has had some dential work done and has become a metal mouth. But one night out doing what she shouldn't be she has a near-death experience. She has started hearing a voice talking to her. How can this be? Get this book for your teen, you might want to read it too. Very well written . Loved the characters. You can ...more
R.K. Emery
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
The writing style was fluid and fast paced, which I really enjoyed!

I found the plot to be riveting with plenty of twists and turns, drama, and much more along the way.

I wasn't always on board with all of these characters, but their actions kept me guessing, that's for sure. This story is quite a bit different from what you would think you are getting based on the cover.

I highly recommend this entire series to any YA junkies like me!
Destiny Halbsgut
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mahlorie is a very relatable character who I quickly cared about. Her best friend, Shai is sweet, but a bit boy-crazy. She gets the two of them into weird situations. While I was reading it I really wanted Mahlorie to find out who Dyson was. This story took me through several plot twists that I greatly enjoyed. Jaimie has made the story seem almost real. I'd recommend it very highly.
Juliana Rew
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mahlorie's struck by lightning, and when she wakes up in the hospital, she's hearing voices. Okay, just one. Soon Mahlorie and her new friend become inseparable, but she's terribly hurt when he tells her not to look for him. A lovely, moving paranormal YA romance.
Ed
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed reading this book. the twisting plot kept it interesting and left me looking forward to reading more books by Jaimie Engle.
Maria Giefer-Olsen
Sep 11, 2020
S. Melissa Alvarez
Apr 14, 2020
Vanessa (bookscallmyheart)
Dec 28, 2019
Jaimie Engle
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Darlene Owen

• Runs with Courage
  • Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings
  • Shred Girls: Lindsay's Joyride
  • Marsh and Me
  • El guardián invisible (Trilogía del Baztán #1)
  • Birdie
  • The Sleep Room
  • Roll with It
  • An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States for Young People
  • French Revolution: A Captivating Guide to the French Revolution, the Life of Marie Antoinette and the Impact Made by Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Indian No More
  • A Wedding in December
  • My Best Friend’s Royal Wedding
  • After the Flood
  • Hum If You Don’t Know the Words
  • Love, Unscripted
Jaimie Engle writes stories where everyday kids becomes heroes. Her realistic fiction questions reality, for readers to escape their world and find answers in hers.

Awards include the L. Ron Hubbard's Writers of the Future award for "The Dredge", Just Read, Florida, Summer Reading List for "Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light" and "Dreadlands: Wolf Moon", and Kirkus Magazine 2020 Editor's Choice