Start by marking “A Woman of the Road (Honest Thieves Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
A Woman of the Road (Honest Thieves Trilogy #1)

A Woman of the Road

(The Honest Thieves Trilogy #1)

What if d'Artagnan of THREE MUSKETEERS was a woman . . . _and_ a highwayman? Margaret Tanner is tired of being a woman in the 17th century: so she becomes a "man" in the service of Captain Jeffries, notorious thief! Their adventures tak e them through the Plague, the Great Fire of London, and even to France, where they rescue two realms!
If you like some swash in your buck
Kindle Edition, 1st, 323 pages
Published November 27th 2018 by Lone Wolf Press

Andrea Stoeckel
“‘Once the dice are cast,’ said Jeffries, ‘the result cannot be reversed.’ He looked at each of us in turn. “That goes not just for Megs but us all.”

This is the story of Margaret Tanner, the abused daughter of the owner of a tavern, whose chance encounter with the “Tobyman” Charles Jeffries allows her not only freedom from the tavern and its denisons, but the opportunity to free others from their belongings as Megs, part of the “gang” that Jefferies heads up. Through the Black Plague
Pat Welte
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone that likes Historical Fiction
I loved this book, the adventure, danger and entertaining in one book. The characters were likeable, and some not so likeable. Life on the road was not comfortable. There was always fear of being caught and ending up in the noose. The characters were well done and felt like friends.
This was the first book by this author that I read, but I will certainly read more.
I received a early copy of this book with no expectation of a review. This review are only my thoughts about this book.
Donna
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever wonder what it would be like to be the opposite sex? Margaret "Megs" Tanner learns first hand as she joins a band of highwaymen and her life of adventure begins! I definitely recommend this if you enjoy Robin Hood, The Three Musketeers, sword fights and adventure!
Ami
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Woman of the Road is a wonderful alternate history tale filled with adventure and surprises. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and their travels. I highly recommend it and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this ebook from the author and this is my honest and freely given opinion.
Mary Brannian
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
"You must be bold. You must be quick. But most of all, be merry!” - Captain Jefferies

Megs had a dream; a dream of vengeance. For eighteen years abuse and poverty had ruled, and after escaping a forced marriage to a man she loathed, it was MEGS' turn to call the shots and be the victor. To ensure this Megs took up the role of a "gentleman highwayman", a "knight of the road", to become the scourge of Hounslow Heath!

While learning the trade from Captain Jeffries, Megs soon f
Betty Reynolds
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book about a young woman who disguises herself as a boy to become a highwayman. I loved the political intrigue and the highwaymen holding up none other than John Milton!
What I objected to was the use of Ms, a modern term for unmarried women.
Patricia Harris
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fairly decent book. This book was a little outside my comfort genre zone, so I didn’t leave a 5 star. However, for people who enjoy Three Musketeers and Robin Hood, this book is definitely for you.
Received this and an ARC and leaving an honest review.
Jenny Curtis
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always an entertaining read. A woman goes under cover as a man and experiences many adventures as she tries to keep her true identity under wraps. Danger, adventure and humor all together in this delightful tale. A must have for your bookshelf!
Danielle Williams
Interesting. I was lost a few times but probably only because im a romance reader. I love the titles of each chapter and how it all blended together. Love the cover.
Diane
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC and the opinions and views are my own. A Woman or the Road was an interesting story which covered quite a bit of history in England. The life of a highwaymen was not easy but even harder for a woman. Meg’s is learning the life of a highwayman. Captain Jeffries takes her under his wing and teaches her how to disguise herself as a boy and rob the rich. Even though they are thieves they also have honour. The story goes through plague, the great fire of London and the attempted mur ...more
Anita Hibbetts
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Any Wolf takes you on an exciting adventure with this book. Hilarious, witty characters that kept my interest throughout their journey.
Marissa
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

Fun read about a female highwayman in the 17th century. It is about a high spirited woman who does not want to lead a typical existence. The world of highwayman is not as glamorous as what we were led to believe.
Susan
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new author for me. And, luckily, this is just the first book of a trilogy. The main character is Margaret Tanner, an 18 yr old woman that doesn't enjoy her life, working in a tavern for a real lout. She decides that she wants more out of life than what she can do as a woman, so she decides to reinvent herself as a male highwayman. And she knows just the person to help her, Captain Jeffries, a very notorious highwayman.

Captain Jeffries agrees to let her join his crew as Megs
Nerdy Housewifey
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m partial to books with strong FMC. A Woman of the Road definitely fits that bill. It was very well written and I loved that there was some length and I didn’t fly through it in two hours like most books. Honestly can’t wait till book 2
Angel Mcduffie
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woman of the road is of adventure love horror and loss. It has secrets and true long lasting friendships.
Debee Sue
Dec 03, 2018
Rhiannon
Dec 04, 2018
Cati Bedsworth
May 02, 2019
Anthony
rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2018
Robert Wood
Oct 17, 2019
Amy Wolf
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gary
Ashley Ball
Mary Call
Christa Bengtsson
Historical Fiction: 17th Century Highwayman, er WOMAN 1 8 Nov 30, 2018 04:50PM
Amy Wolf is a Kindle Scout winner for her novel THE MISSES BRONTES ESTABLISHMENT.

All three books of her fantasy, THE CAVERNIS TRILOGY, are out now from Red Empress Press.

She has published 38 short stories in the fantasy/sf press and is a graduate of the Clarion West Writer's program. Amy has an honors English degree from The University of London.

She started her