Start by marking “The Passage At Moose Beach: Moose Beach Trilogy Book One” as Want to Read:
The Passage At Moose Beach: Moose Beach Trilogy Book One

The Passage At Moose Beach: Moose Beach Trilogy Book One

Eleven-year-old Alicia encounters unusual, surprising friends and terrifying enemies as she embarks on an unexpected and magical journey in nature. While enjoying the lake with her father, as they do every year, Alicia gets lost during a rainstorm and ends up transported to a different and unfamiliar place with no idea where she is or how she got there. The story takes the ...more
Published November 1st 2018 by Z Girls Press

To ask other readers questions about The Passage At Moose Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Passage At Moose Beach

Start your review of The Passage At Moose Beach: Moose Beach Trilogy Book One
Team Golfwell
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading “The Passage at Moose Beach” by Michael Foster a magical book for young adults and adults, seniors, kids, anyone who loves a great story.

This is an excerpt from the Prologue:
“Did she actually step through a barrier at that small beach, and enter another realm? If she did, it was a place mixed with equal amounts of wonder and terror…"

“One would never guess just by looking at it, but there was magic in this place. That unassuming patch of sand on an otherwise overgrown lakeshore
Kate Zarrella
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything you want in a YA/kids book. It's full of adventure, friendship, struggle, and heart. It feels similar to classic kids books like Alice in Wonderland or A Wrinkle in Time thanks to its mix of magical realism and its strong female lead. It's always exciting to read a book where the young girl gets to lead her own adventure. ...more
Cary Morton
Nov 19, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I wish I could say I enjoyed The Passage at Moose Beach by Michael Foster - The cover was cute, what I read of the synopsis sounded fun… but I'll be honest, I was underwhelmed. The problem for me wasn't the story or the plot itself, but rather the way the book was written.

Frankly, I found the prologue of the book to be useless in the context of the story - there wasn't any information or particular
Michael Foster
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"I absolutely loved reading the book. It felt familiar, like reading a favorite fable, or following Dorothy on her journey to Oz... it is a girl having the adventure and using her brains."
-Jo, Retired Teacher

“A heartwarming, sentimental, and brilliantly written story.”
-Kelly, 7th Grade Student

"If you love animals and nature, you should read this book because it talks about a girl's amazing adventure of how she saves this world, and all the animals and living things inside of it."
–Charlotte, 7th
Jun 15, 2020
david kahn
is currently reading it
Oct 04, 2020

• McSweeney's #58 (McSweeney's Quarterly Concern)
  • Binti: The Complete Trilogy
  • The Night Masquerade (Binti, #3)
  • Home (Binti, #2)
  • Beyond the Sapphire Gate (The Flow of Power, #1)
  • October 32
  • A Curse of Ash and Embers (Tales of the Blackbone Witches, #1)
  • Like She Owns the Place: Unlock the Secret of Lasting Confidence
  • Candle Magic for Beginners: Spells for Prosperity, Love, Abundance, and More
  • The Magician's Workshop, Volume One
  • These Hollow Vows
  • The Brothers Three (The Blackwood Saga #1)
  • Superhero Syndrome (Solstice Survivors, #1)
  • The Lost Knight (Lost Knight, #1)
  • Hers, Unleashed (Hers, #3)
  • Hush, Now Forget (Sisters of Bloodcreek, #1)
  • Finding Your Voice: A Path to Recovery for Survivors of Abuse
  • Between the Shade and the Shadow
1 follower
Michael Foster works full time for a major tech company. He is an avid video gamer, a musician, and he loves to host backyard barbecues whenever possible. Writing is a new hobby, and being able to pursue this creative outlet has been a joy.

As a child, Michael spent long summers at his family's cabin in Idaho, which was built by his maternal great-grandfather in the late 1920’s, and he would endles

News & Interviews

Signed up for the 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge and looking for tips on how to discover and read more books? We’ve got your back. (And if...