Start by marking “Fight Dirty” as Want to Read:
Fight Dirty

Fight Dirty

(Dawson Family #5)

Owen Dawson is one of Eastwood’s most eligible bachelors. He could have any woman he wants, but when it comes to settling down, he only has eyes for Charlie Williams, and he blew his chance with her years ago. While Owen is busy trying to convince everyone—and himself—that the playboy life is for him, Charlie is trying to put her life back together.

After discovering her fi

To ask other readers questions about Fight Dirty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight Dirty

D.M.
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Owens story. This is part of a series however can definitely be read as a standalone.

Charlie moves to New York to become a high profile Lawyer with her soon to be husband. She always had an inkling of doubt in her mind about her choice of location but it was what her career driven partner wanted. The problem is her relationship blew up in her face when she realised everything wasn’t quite as rosey as it seemed. Moving back to her home town brings old memories. Love lost can be bittersweet espec
Melanie (mells_view)
Life dishes out its fair share of rough patches. You can’t go around them. You have to go through them.

Owen has been the Dawson that brings a smile to my face throughout this entire series. I knew I would love his book, and Charlie being such an amazing heroine, made it that much better. I’m not usually a fan of second chance romance, but Ms. Goodwin made this one emotional without anyone having really done anything super wrong. They were just young and one of them wasn’t ready for forever yet.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Fight Dirty by Emily Goodwin is the story of Charlie Williams and Owen Dawson.
Charlie moved away from her home town become engaged and should have everything. But of course things weren't great and she started to learn about her cheating fiancé. Now she has returned home to start again. Owen lost Charlie and knew he wanted her back but she had went on with her life, so he put up the playboy front. Now that she is back he starts to move forward for his goal to get her back.
April Symes
Fight Dirty by Emily Goodwin is the story of Charlie Williams and Owen Dawson.
2nd chance romances are my favorite type of stories and that is what we have here. Charlie and Owen never got over each other considering they were supposed to be married to each other and have a great HEA but Owen screwed up royally. Charlie never got past the hurt and now that she has moved home and has a bitter breakup in her recent past. For Owen, knowing that he gets a 2nd chance at winning the one who got away is
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5/ 5 stars

Goodness gracious! I loved Owen since the very first Dawson book, he was always so fun. I fell a little more in love with on Logan's book but his book made me fall completely in love with him. Damn that boy turned his life around so quick. From a man whore to a one woman guy in 0.5s but I didn't hate that. He had been waiting for a second chance ever since he broke up with the love of his life and when that second chance dropped into his lap, he grabbed it by the balls and ne
Claudia Pinillos
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Owen Dawson definitely doesn’t disappoint

I enjoyed this book so much!!!

As long as we’ve known the Dawson’s, we’ve known Owen to be a playboy. From the beginning of this book we see him getting over it. He loves being and uncle but something is definitely missing.

I love how he knows right away as soon as he sees Charlie. There’s no convincing him, there’s no him booking up and realizing he’s not so into it anymore. As soon as Charlie comes back into town he knows he’s done and he needs
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this addition to this series of standalones.
I love these Dawson's and highly recommend this series and book.
SℓιM
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely fought dirty just to get the one he loves back

**Just a few spoilers threw around this review***

Oh, I've been waiting on this book to come out... and reading the summary that was sent out through email had me so curious. I was glad that Charlie found her way back to Owen... I understood why Owen kept thott’n & bopp'n because There was ONLY one girl for him, and that was Charlie... I was glad that she came around and realize that she still lo
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think I could love the Dawson family more than I already do, but Owen Dawson stole my heart, along with Charlie. I would give this story a million stars if I could.

Owen, Logan’s identical twin, the only single Dawson and a self-proclaimed player, lost the only girl he ever loved and regretted it from the moment it happened, but it was what he thought was best. If he could get her back, he would and he wouldn’t be afraid to fight dirty to do it.

Charlie, oh how I love her. When she told
Kari Hansen
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlie and Owen were high school sweethearts, but she wanted more from their relationship than he did, so they went their separate ways. While in law school she met Todd, a fellow law student, and she believed she had found her perfect partner both personally and professionally. Although moving to NY wasn’t her first choice, she was willing to build a life with him there until she realized their relationship was one-sided so she moved back to Eastwood, her hometown.

It wasn’t long after Owen bro
Vanessa (nessreads)
4 Stars

Fight Dirty is the fifth book in the Dawson Family series and can be read as a standalone.

There was a time when Owen and Charlie had it good, but that’s until Owen broke it off unexpectedly. Though Owen never got past his love for Charlie and he regrets ever breaking her heart. And now that Charlie is back home, Owen will stop at nothing to show Charlie he’s changed and that he wants her back.

Charlie is back in Eastwood after a bad breakup. She crosses paths with her first love, Owen. Ol
Dani /BBNT Blog
This. Book. Was. Awesome.

I mean, I could leave that as my review. It would totally capture every thought I had with total accuracy. But I'll expand on things a little.

This one is a slow burn. Like, slow. BUT Emily Goodwin does a great job of building the tension, making you feel their chemistry, and really getting you primed and ready for that first explosive encounter. And man is it hot!

Owen is... he's a sweetheart. Plain and simple. Throughout this series, we have seen him as the fun, maybe im
Ashley Estep
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Dawsons! I wish this series would last forever! Fight Dirty is a second chance romance that will just make you swoon, and leave you begging for more!

Owen Dawson is Eastwood's most eligible bachelor, and Charlie Williams is the girl he wants. But also the girl he crushed all those years ago. Owen claims he never wants to fall in love and have a family, but is that the truth or does he only want it with the one person he can never have again?.

Charlie decides to move back to Eastwood and
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you've seen my previous reviews for this series, then you know I'm completely invested in the Dawson family. And once again the Dawson Family unit is a character in and of itself that brings so much to the story. Their gatherings are full of chaos in the best way, I'd love to be apart of the mess. Readers get to see the charming and ridiculous antics of Owen in the first four books, and I was so looking forward to seeing him change his manwhore ways. The chemistry between Owen and Charlie is ...more
Natasha
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Owen Dawson is Eastwood's most eligible bachelor. He could have any woman he wants but only ever had had eyes for one. Charlie Williams. But he blew his chance with her years ago, and now is trying to convince everyone - including himself that the playboy life is for him.

Charlie packed her bags, and moved back home from New York after discovering that her fiance had been cheating on her, with someone from the same law firm they both worked at. Now she's determined to try and put her life back t
Lauren
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlie Williams and Owen Dawson we’re high school sweethearts, and went off to college together but when Charlie announced she was ready for greater commitment, Owen panicked and things ended. Now, years later, Charlie has ended things with her fiancé and is leaving NYC to move back to her home town. Charlie is still hurt by the way Owen ended things, but Owen is certain of one thing. He has to get Charlie back.

I’ve read these books about the Dawson’s and I love them all, but I think this one
Danielle S.
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: second-chance
I adore second-chance romances!

Owen & Charlie had it good once, that is until Owen broke it off unexpectedly.

Charlie spent the next phase of her life in NYC with her fiancé. The lying, cheating dirtbag. Going back home was exactly what she needed after dumping his ass.

Owen (the charming twin of Logan Dawson) has never gotten past his love for Charlie, regret has eaten at him since the day he broke her heart. Now that he’s ready for his HEA he’ll stop at nothing to make Charlie realize he’
Jennifer D.
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love second chance romances and seeing Owen get his! It is obvious that Charlie and Owen never got over each other but the past hurt is still there for Charlie. Charlie puts up a good fight and I loved how determined Owen was not to let his second chance slip through his hands. They really are perfect for each other and their HEA is so sweet. Another great Dawson Family love story! Hoping for one more from Emily... 😊

I received an advanced copy from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.
Carrie
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five cheers (and stars) for Owen & Charlie!! Their second chance is perfectly paced, full of fun banter and swoony goodness, and was a quick, page turning read for me! I absolutely fell in love w/ Owen's sense of humor in Logan & Danielle's story, but wasn't a fan of some of his other personality traits. Those are explained & not an issue in his own story, which made me happy. Heh.

I love the way both Owen & Charlie are w/ their nieces & nephews, and just the whole family dyna
Michelle Damron
2.5-3 stars

I thought this book was an ok read. I didn’t really care for Owen. He was always making innuendos and while that can be fun it can also be annoying. It was difficult to take him seriously. He was too much of a man child for me. Also, I didn’t like that they never really had it out about what broke them up. I know it’s in the past but she spent a good amount of this book resisting him that I felt there needed to be a bit more to resolve the past. Overall, I was underwhelmed.
Janet Hammons
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so wanna be a Dawson. I absolutely love this family. Their banter is so entertaining. They send you through all the emotions. I laugh, cry and get so freaking mad when I read a Dawson Family story. I have loved Owen through out the whole series. He was my most anticipated book of this series. And I have to say the wait to get his story was soooooo worth it. Emily pulled me from the beginning and I couldn't put it down. highly Recommend this series.
Michella
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great second chance story. I loved the banter between Owen and Charlie as well as their chemistry. I enjoyed catching up with the Dawson family. Definitely a great addition to this series.
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
4.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
As a whole I really enjoyed Charlie and Owen’s story and I can’t believe this is the end for the Dawson Family Series.

Charlie was a likable heroine. Strong, resilient, kind, and relatable- I'd be friends with her. Owen... I loved his cocky confidence! He also had a sweet side to him and I enjoyed seeing that side more as he fought to win Charlie over.

In the initial third of the book I was hoping to get more of a feel for how serious Charlie and Owen were in the past, seeing as t
Rhonda Ziglar
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 FAVORITE DAWSON BROTHER STARS!! OMG.....Owen just took my breath away!! I absolutely loved Owen he is sexy, hot, confident and cocky. Owen and Charlie get a second chance and watching their story play out out was perfection. Emily Goodwin never disappoints with her storytelling and she writes the best guys ever. I highly recommend this book and series.....it is so good.
Julie
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series!! I really enjoyed reading Owen's book and loved how he never gave up through out the story, to get his second chance with Charlie. They are perfect for each other! It was great having glimpses of the other Dawson siblings and where they are now. Overall a great read, didn't want it to end!
Suey_Library
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Do you doubt my obsession? Well you shouldn’t. I am absolutely obsessed with the Dawson Family series by Emily Goodwin, and you bet your bottom dollar I was all over Fight Dirty. Granted, it isn’t Dean, I need him – ugh loathe Kara, but I will take Owen any day of the week. Seriously, the main thing I love about this author is her easy flow romance, they are such feel good at the right moment with some of the best character dynamics that I just cannot help to gush for, plus, second chance romanc ...more
Amy Dickinson
Overall Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Who doesn’t love a second chance romance? For me, I love the “push and pull” of the H and h’s feelings as they try to deny that feelings still exist. In Emily Goodwin’s newest Dawson Family book series, Fight Dirty is just that: a second chance for Owen and Charlie. It’s a story of finding love again when you so desperately want to let it go because it’s initial pain is too great to bear.

Charlie and Owen were high school/college sweethearts. They fell in love easily, and the
Laundry
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Say hello to your new favorite second chance romance book. No, seriously. Charlie and Owen's story has every element I could ever want in this trope - intense chemistry, smoking hot "laundry" and a love so strong, it could move mountains.
Story Line: Charlie has moved back home after finding her sleezy now ex-fiancé in bed with another woman. She's living in her parents house and looking for a fresh start. What she's not looking for is another relationship. Especially not one with her first love
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
4.5 Stars!
I love Second Chance Romance, it’s one of my favorite tropes, just knowing there’s a possibility of a do-over makes me happy sigh! Fight Dirty, the fifth book in the Dawson Family series, is a perfect example of the one that got away and having a chance to correct past mistakes. It’s a Standalone and while I always recommend reading books in order, you could skip straight to this one, but why would you? Take the time to enjoy the Dawson’s, they’re a lively bunch and you won’t regret it
W. Charron
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh y’all! How I love my Dawson’s! Just when I think I couldn’t possibly love this family more, Emily Goodwin releases another book! If you’ve read the other books in the series, you know Owen Dawson is a one-night man. He has a reputation for being amazingly talented for the ladies lucky enough to get between his revolving sets of bed sheets. Understand though, all your gonna get is a good servicing! He’s up front and honest and makes no apologies for it. He had only been serious once in his lif ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is

Dawson Family (5 books)
  • Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)
  • End Game (Dawson Family, #2)
  • Side Hustle (Dawson Family, #3)
  • Cheap Trick