Start by marking “Cheap Trick” as Want to Read:
Cheap Trick

Cheap Trick

Danielle Cross has spent her whole life running from breakups and troubles. She’s never stayed in the same place for long…until now.

The moment she walks through the doors of Logan Dawson’s bar, there’s an attraction between them neither can deny.

And when Danielle needs a date to her sister’s wedding, Logan is the man for the job. A cheap trick to fool her family is a smal

To ask other readers questions about Cheap Trick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cheap Trick

D.M.
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Danielle is avoiding her family. Her sister is getting married and she needs to make a decision weather to attend. She’s family but her husband isn’t a prize pony. Danielle comes from a rich family but what makes her happy isn’t the same thing as her family. She thinks he life is on hold but everything she wants is right in front of her.

Logan is a twin. He’s been in love with Danielle once she walked in the door. The problem is she said she wasn’t looking for love.

This is part of a series howev
Adriana Locke
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't with Emily Goodwin.
I can't.
She sends me a book. I'm like, "Oh, I can just read a little and then go back to the twenty-one million things I have to do today." Riiiiiight. Guess how many things I scooted to the next page of my to-do list because of Cheap Trick? Yup. Twenty-one million. Ha!
I got nothing done from the moment I opened the ebook until I hit "The End". (They came way too early - I wanted more!)
Emily has a knack for bringing characters to life, characters that feel like your f
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“But that’s life, isn’t it? It’s not about going through it and having everything fall perfectly into place. It’s about the people you have on the ride with you.
The ones who hold your hand.
Who help you up when you fall.
Who love you.

Cheap Trick is my first story by Emily Goodwin and I absolutely devoured it. I love nothing more than discovering a “new to me” author and absolutely being drawn into the world they create. Emily is an extremely talented writer who has crafted the perfect slow bur
Melanie (mells_view)
“How lucky you are that you get to fail. You can only fail if you’re living, and that’s not something you should ever take for granted.”

LOVED Logan and Danielle’s story. Definitely the sweetest and easiest Dawson Family read so far. Pretty low angst, but still tons of emotion. Loved the best friends to lovers combined with the fake relationship trope. Love this series so much and can’t wait for what’s next with Owen.
Book Maniac Forever

5 "Don't Be Afraid to Fail" Stars
Cheap Trick was so sweet and beautiful! I love the Dawson Family Series and was so thrilled about Logan’s story. Emily Goodwin crafted an irresistible and perfectly matched couple in this slow burn friends to lovers romance! Danielle and Logan had me under their charm with all their flirty, amusing banter and their tangible sexual chemistry!

lowkeyreader
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't realised this book was a slow burn but I just got sucked into it. I kept on reading to know when they will finally get together.

Logan and Danielle are so easy to read about, their behaviors and feelings towards one another easily flowed and comfortable. But they kept their true feelings towards each other hidden. This is where I really got frustrated, not in a bad way. But I just want them to get together. Sadly, he would rather have Danielle as a friend than not at all!

Danielle, for me
Amy [The Little Bookworm]
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Cheap Trick deserves an infinite amount of stars, I loved it that much. If you’ve read the previous books in the Dawson Family series, you’ve met the twins, Logan and Owen. This is Logan’s story.

First off, I LOVE Emily’s writing. The way she describes a scene you feel like you are right there with the characters and I know I have said that in other reviews of her books that I’ve done, but it is still true and it is something that I love.

Secondly, Danielle. I have never loved a heroine more than
SℓιM
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was good

*** There are spoilers throughout***

I liked this book. Not sure this will be a long review. But we'll see once I finish typing.

So anyways; I liked Logan and Danielle story, for one I was sad that her grandfather died I was excited that he was alive when she was in his room; but I assume 9/10 her father and I mean her mother and her grandfather maybe was arguing that lead to his heart to start and him dying but who knows. Only the author does. B
Lisa
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, blog-reads, up-next
Cheap Trick by Emily Goodwin is the fourth book in her Dawson Family series. A standalone contemporary romance set in the world of the Dawson's whom we did previously meet in Cheat Codes, End Game, and my favorite (still) Side Hustle. Danielle meets Logan Dawson in his bar and the stars collide and the sparks fly and (you get it, right?) instant attraction. But co-workers they must be and friends they become. But then who better to have as her fake date for her sisters wedding than someone hot ...more
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: gemma
Cheap Trick is the fourth book in the Dawson family saga that tells the story about Logan who has made regular appearances in the other books in this series. This was a slow burn that really drew me into the story and had me hanging on every word written.

Danielle was a really fun character that i could definitely relate with. i really felt for her in regards to the way that her family treated her, who were the complete opposite to the Dawson family.

Logan I have been intrigued by from the first
Joyffree
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
"How lucky you are that you get to fail."
" You can only fail if you're living, and that's not something you should ever take for granted. "

The perfect small town romance. I laughed. I cried. I awww'd.

Danielle has spent her life trying to find herself. Manipulating her world to fit the mold so carefully cast for her. It never seemed enough, each attempt always felt like another notch in a long line of fails.

Logan knew from that first moment, he also knew that something's were worth waiting for,
Danielle S.
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Family drama is always so relatable. And there is plenty of that in this story. Along with the amazing Dawson crew we’ve all met before....

Danielle is at odds with her pretentious family, so when she needs to escape she beloved grandfather. Upon arrival she’s decided she’ll hang tight for a while, decide what she wants to do with her life then move on. That is, until she walks into Getaway and finds herself right at home.

Logan and his twin brother, Owen, own the bar & grill Danielle now wor
April Symes
Cheap Trick is the 4th book in the Dawson family series that tells the story about Logan who has made regular appearances in the other books in the family series.
I loved Logan and Danielle 's story because it's a slow burn, friends to lovers romance and its easy to read their demeanor towards one another. Logan did make some mistakes but let me say, Danielle disabused him of those notions shortly.
This friends to lovers romance is a beautiful read for its full of feels, drama, angst, twists, forb
Donna
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I totally fell on love with slow burn, beautiful romance. I fell totally head over heels with this really great story. I started this book not knowing what to expect. I just love a friends to lovers story and this had me gripped. I ain't very keen on a lot of slow burn romances but when they are written correctly like this they can blow your mind.

I totally loved Danielle and Logan, watching their relationship change was brilliant. Although they had an attraction to each other they fought their
Jordan
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are so many things that I love about this book! I love that all of the Dawson siblings are in all of the books, including this one. I love the slow burn and war of emotions that Danielle and Logan both experience throughout the book. I love how Logan is there for everything and has her back. Ugh Logan is just perfect in this book. I related so well to Danielle, I have definitely experienced my fair share of expectations put upon me by my family. Overall I love the way Emily wrote their sto ...more
Jennifer D.
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet slow burn, friends-to-lovers/fake romance book! I love Logan and Danielle's friendship and how it turns into more. And Logan is totally swoon worthy and sweet. This is the fourth book in the Dawson Family Saga. I have not read the others in this series and didn't feel lost other than not having some of the siblings background story. This family cracked me up in this one so I am definitely I felt going to read the others.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Amy
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 1/2

Emily Goodwin’s Cheap Trick carries the profound message that failure shouldn’t define us; instead, we should view it as a step towards making us who we are today.

Through the story of Logan and Danielle, we are treated to a sweet best friends-to-lovers, fake fiance tale. Danielle is fresh from a recent personal failure, running back to he
Dani /BBNT Blog
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely, thoroughly, enjoyed this book. And I related with the heroine, Dani, on so many levels that go beyond sharing a first name and a nickname with her. Though, that is pretty cool, too. And I'd gladly take a Logan of my own. *Swoon*

Dani is... me. She is also so many other people out in the world. I can absolutely relate to her struggle to find herself and her purpose in life, and I know all too well the nagging thoughts and fears that come with not knowing your place yet. I also share
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
↪ R E V I E W ↩

Not my first read by the lovely author & I have been reading Emily Goodwin for many moons, so I am familiar with her writing style as well as her variety of writing genres. Boy to say I WAS SO EXCITED that another Dawson was coming, is an understatement. I have also read all three prior in the series!

Danielle and Logan's story is so..so...different. Because Danielle is 'just one of the guys' and Logan (at which in some points i wanted to smack across the head) is the man who w
Jennifer Pierson
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Danielle Cross really needs to get her life together, and she's tell you the same thing. She tends to run away when things go sideways, any sort of trouble, or breakups, and she's out the door. Recently, she's landed at her grandfather's place in a small town after crap hit the fan big time, especially since her whole family is blaming her with the exception of her grandfather obviously. Danielle isn't planning to stay for long, but this time that urge to leave quickly isn't quite sticking after ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Holy Moly, Cheap Trick was everything that I love about a small town romance. Add in a slow burn / best friend to lovers romance, and it's a wrap. Emily Goodwin has an amazing writing style that had me glued to my kindle, until they very end. The witty dialogue and the character growth could have moved mountains. The chemistry between Logan and Danielle was like free falling from the sky. It went at a steady pace with pure adrenaline pushing them together, that only could come natural. It was no ...more
W. Charron
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely in love with Logan Dawson.He’s seriously swoon worthy😍 I have been invested in the Dawson’s family series since the beginning and have read ever book in it so far. It keeps getting better with each book. Emily Goodwin does not disappoint with this book, she in fact slays it! Something with this book really touched me deep though. This was not your typical” fake relationship”novel, it was so much more. 💙Oh Danielle and Logan, how I love these amazing characters! I loved that they ...more
Teralyn Mitchell
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review from the author*

OMG! OMG! OMG! I loved this book just as much as I thought I would! I already liked Logan from Cheat Codes and End Game and I fell for him and Danielle in Side Hustle. I loved seeing their story unfold and Emily did a good job with pacing. She is such a talented writer who sucks you in from the first page and it's so hard to put the book down when you start it. I've read all 4 books in this series within a day of getting them.
PP's Bookshelf
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Dawson family owns a soft spot in my heart and I was so excited to read about another Dawson brother Logan in Cheap Trick by Emily Goodwin. And I enjoyed reading it so much!

Danielle has been giving in to her family's expectations for a long time but now she has decided to live her own life. She has escaped to the loving and cozy small town to her grandfather. She meets Logan, the owner at the bar and feels an instant connection with him. So does Logan. They become coworker, best friend, conf
Jan Cassi
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Emily Goodwin just gave me ALL THE FEELS!!!! This has to be my FAVORITE book from this series. Guys, Logan will make you swoon like CRAZY!!! Danielle and Logan have this chemistry and sexual tension that will have you on the edge of your seat.

Logan is a bartender who has a heart of gold, he isn't the type of guy who just cares about one thing. From the moment he met Danielle he knew he was in love with her, he might of denied it to his twin brother Owen, his siblings, or other people.... b
Amanda
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. Generally I read as escapism, I don't see myself in the heroines or make parallels to my life, but I was struck by Danielle. The lessons she learns and her character development were so striking to me, and it's genuinely a lesson we could take to heart. It's okay to be fulfilled in the life we have instead of striving for the "ideal." You don't have to follow the path your family sets, because there is just one life and you need to live it on your terms. If you're con ...more
Mary
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Dawson family is a wonderful, crazy and loving family to hang out with. Danielle has been struggling with where she fits. Her family has an agenda and goals that don't fit how she feels about her life. She finds herself back at her mother's roots, living with her grandpa which leads her right into Logan Dawson's orbit. Ending up at the bar one night, she needs a job and they need help. But she sees life here as temporary while she tries to figure out where she belongs. Logan is struck the mo ...more
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
4.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
Cheap Trick was a wonderful addition to the Dawson Family Series. Logan and Danielle's story was all kinds of cute, sweet, steamy, fun... and really just a smile-inducing romantic read. One of my favourite things about Emily's characters in this series, is that they all feel like people you can relate to in some way, and Danielle and Logan were no exception.

In the beginning chapters, we know that Danielle and Logan are best friends who carry secret torches for each other. They ha
Elizabeth
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book! From start to finish I was totally smitten with Logan and Danielle. The way they started as friends and grew into so much more was beautiful. The chemistry, the push and pull, the love between them was stunning.

Logan, my goodness this beautiful, kind, intelligent, sexy man. Not only is Logan as good guy at heart, but the way he loves and cares for Danielle is truly a sight. The way he looks at her with complete adoration, it’s just something.

And Danielle, I love t
Elizabeth
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

And Danielle, I love t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is