Start by marking “Break So Soft (Break So Soft Duet #2)” as Want to Read:
Break So Soft (Break So Soft Duet #2)

Break So Soft

(Love So Dark #2)

I’ll do whatever it takes to get her back.

She was mine and it was everything.

That month with her was as near to perfect as I’ve ever had in my whole f’ed up life.

But then I lost it all and I still don’t know why.

Though I suspect it had something to do with that rat b@stard, Bryce Gentry.

One thing I do know: I’m not letting go of Callie Cruise without a fight.

And it’s time
Published November 6th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published March 9th 2017)

Start your review of Break So Soft (Break So Soft Duet #2)
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.75 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

I really liked this erotic story. The steamy scenes captured my attention and Jackson stole my heart.

The only thing that bothered me was that Callie just seemed selfish throughout the entire book. As she was exploring the BDSM world and learning the ropes to be a mistress, she continuously made bad decisions. Decisions she shouldn't be making if she was hoping to win back custody of her son.

Although Please Me felt a little disconnected to C
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I'm really glad the problems I had with the first book didn't stop me from reading this one. In the conclusion to Callie's story we got to see her take control of her fate and I liked that a lot. It made me connect to her character more than I did in the previous story and I ended up enjoying it a lot.

Everything was brought to an end really well and at a good pace. Nothing felt too rushed for me and I was happy we got to see an HEA for this character.
Stephanie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Almost bad as the first but with a couple redeeming qualities

First of all, I only read this one because I read the first and wanted to know the ending.

Warnings about the book - There is outside the relationship sex, lusting, and recalling past details about multiple ex-partners. I have no issue with the darker themes in the book, but if you do, steer clear.

What I didn't like - I hate outside the relationship sex, lusting, flirting heavily, and flashbacks or details of past sexual encounters. I h
 Rosebud
description
Cautionary warning: Please Me cannot be read as a standalone. This summation/review will therefore include spoiler information IF you haven't already read Crush Me (Crush Me #1). For those who HAVE read Crush Me, no spoiler content is included in my review.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Calliope Cruise is a survivor. A living testament that life does indeed go on despite having one's heart and soul ripped out of their body by outside forces beyond one's
Lorraine Hay Chan
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Janee
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark dramatic

I started the second book right after the first. I didn't want to miss a thing. With the first book being so Dark and dramatic. This book it starts off slow, but I didn't want to put it down. Just seeing how Callie life turns around was worth the first half of the book.
Maria11
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Better then first

Good read. I don’t get into Dommes. I like my alpha males to stay that way. I know it was part of the story, but not my thing. Glad the H and the h conquered their demons. Despicable people got their due.
Sheryl
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tanya
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He is going to get her back no matter what. They had a great month together and he wants more so much more. He has a feeling it is due to them. Well they will pay and he will take her back. Will he succeed? See if he will

Nate
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this conclusion of Jackson & Callie's story. Wow. Such an intriguing book. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book. ...more
Ashley
Anita Chaney
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

Enjoyed this story. Wouldn't say its for that fainted hearted as it is dark in places, good story line, glad Callie and Jackson got the HEA, Bryce got his comeuppance too.
Reading Lady
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dumped
Couldn't even finish this. Stupid h who's all over the place.

This is book #2 in the duet. If you read my review of book #1, you'll know that I had some issues with it and almost didn't finish it (which is very rare for me). I only kept reading because I loved the H. He is a strong, alpha male with a heart (my favorite kind,) and the only reason I went on to book #2.
What did I hate about book #1?... The dumb heroine who kept making stupid decisions and allowing things to be done to her. Consider
Melanie Kulpa-Effnert
Release Me is the second book in this duet.

Callie has lost her son, struggles with the aftermath of the events in Gentrys office, has started her new job and is bringing herself in danger again.
She thinks she can avoid Jackson but he's determined to get her back.
To reach his goal and keep Callie safe he shows her a way to get control over her life again.
Together they dive into the world of BDSM. But Callie has to make sure to not get lost in this new scene. So Jackson is willing to do everything
❤️Melanie G.
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super excited for this continuation of Crush Me!!

This is a good read but I wanted so much more. The first book is the best and this one gave me answers to all my unanswered questions from book 1. I really didn't expect the whole BDSM aspect but it worked. Really enjoyed the epilogue.
Jennifer Hinson
"She’s my salvation. One I never saw coming. One I don’t deserve."

I really liked Cut So Deep and with its ending I just had to dive into book 2 to find out what happened! Will Callie get Charlie back? Will she recover from the horrendous event that happened in the board room? Will her and Jackson be able to come back together? Why does Jackson hate Gentry anyways? And will Gentry get what he deserves?

.....these were just a few of the questions I NEEDED answers to and I have to give it to Sta
LMR
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Readers 18+ Only Please, & ONLY Those w/BDSM Interests!
Recommended to LMR by: Stasia Black & Booksprout
Break So Soft (Break So Soft Duet #2) by Stasia Black Break So Soft (Break So Soft Duet Book 2)
By: Stasia Black

"Break So Soft" Is A Solid 5 Star Reading Treat!!
All her life she's been Cut...
Raw, Emotional, Betraying, & Deep...
Over, & Over, & Over Again... The Cuts keep coming, until it feels like it's never gonna END...
She's Backed into a Corner, like a Caged Animal waiting to Strike...
Her Enemies better Beware, her Bark's definitely NOT Worse than her BITE!!
The first Story left you Hangin'... Right on the Cliff, waiting for the Next Install
Ceeri Jay
So. All's well that ends well?
Stasia Black has done it again but the frustration had me nearly taking my eyes out with a very blunt plastic spoon for most of this book.

That whole 'Imma hide my big secret' thing for Callie? Didn't like that.
At all.
It just made her a rapid backhand slap candidate for most of this book.

Everyone was mostly a total sh!t for the best part of this book (even baby Chatlie joined in towards the end, sheesh!) and Callie seemed to go off the rails using sex to assuage t
CS
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My heart broke for Callie and the way she was dealing with her abuse and losing her son through a bitter and crooked custody battle. When her ex, Jackson comes into the picture, this story turned from good to excellent.
I loved that he was looking out for her even after she left him. I loved that he allowed her to act out, but still wanted her safe. And I absolutely loved that he champions for her, and supports her in getting justice done with Charlie, all the while accepting and loving Callie f
Erin
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not expected.. but in a GREAT WAY!

I'm feeling weirdly off after finishing this book and caught in the middle of it I was totally captivated and wondering.....why am I so captivated by this book it's not something I would usually read In not what I expected when starting the series the 1st book was completely different but built up the characters in the story line in a way that made you invested. Everything that happened in THIS book was shocking in how it took a turn, but was so well written wit
My Introvert Romance Blog
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overwhelmingly sated by Break So Soft

Break so soft hasn't disappointed me in the slightest, and it's the perfect conclusion to this duet. Book 1 left me feeling unhinged but as perfect as the ending is, I have been intrigued and so delighted with the plot. It's sensational, deep and scandalous! The depth of the characters continue and there is something so real and life like about them. I now have a new understanding and appreciation for BDSM.

Callie's character continues to develop and her st
KittyLuvr
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't make it through the 1st book in this duet: Cut So Deep because of pages & pages of non-stop filler (IMO). I gave this one a try to see if it improved but again, pages of internal thoughts, musings & panic by the main character Callie.
Many people may enjoy this writing format, nothing wrong with it per se: the writing itself was articulate & while I certainly don't mind & even enjoy a character's internal POV, for me at least the most mundane tasks were drawn out (so it seemed to me) for
Air
Better than the first one, though I’m really into my men not having a lick is switch/submission in them.

Also, the way Callie acts, like I get wanting control. But I just don’t get the way she plays it out.

The ending, where the author explains how Callie told Jackson after they’ve already sort of nabbed him didn’t feel good to read. Like I enjoy things being done in the order that they occur. I don’t even mind spoilers because I know it’s happening in order. So to have the big reveal the way it
Misty Schott
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a fantastic conclusion to this dark, suspenseful romance duet!!!!

This is book two and the conclusion in this super fantastic dark suspenseful romance duet. Make sure to read Cut So Deep first so you aren't lost when you start this book.

After everything started spiraling out of control with Callie, she tries to take her own kind of control. Things are just getting worse for her and being without her son, Charlie is slowly killing her. She would do anything to have her son back and Bryce
Kaye
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ONE DARK AND THRILLING ADVENTURE!!!
Wow! Talk about needing to call 911. Smokin'. I can say one thing with the up most sincerity. Stasia nailed this little jewel from the very first sentence. She weaves a world around us until everything else ceases to exist. No hesitation, no pulling punches, no holds barred. She barrels right through your defenses and pulls us into her imagination that's as vast and varied as it endless. Throw in all the twists and turns, unexpected circumstances and unpredicta
Jess Bracewell
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kel Wood *Kel & Mel Tell*
Revenge has never felt so good. So. Good.
Warning just like my review for the first book.....this is not a book for the faint of heart. If you like hearts and flowers and alphas with a swoony side.....don't read.
If you like crazy WTFFFFFF moments the entire time you are immersed in a book.....then have it. Have at it hard.
My heart hurt so bad for Callie throughout this book.....which wasn't much different from book one....but man....Stasia leaves no possibility until THE VERY FREAKING END for her
Joyce Gray
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 of 2 - Highly Recommend if into dark romances

Contains subject matter that may be a trigger or offensive to some including adult language, steamy intimate scenes and violence (child abuse, as well as consensual and non-consensual intimate scenes).

This is the 2nd half of Callie and Jackson’s story. It cannot be read as a stand-alone, as it begins a few months after the 1st part and too much of the history would be lost.

This story (both parts together) is VERY VERY DARK!

It contains an overar
Victoria Kinkade
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stasia Black writes books that are for grownups, in the best possible way. Complex characters, intricate, intense stories, and insights into human psychology. The story of how Callie works to recover her self after some horrific experiences rang true to me. Her trial and error progress, the mistakes she made as she tried to find her way out of a very dark place, reflect reality in a way that feels true to life but better because you know she will triumph in the end. It's a romance, after all.

I
Violeta Bagia
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Queen of the Underworld (Tales of Olympus, #3)
  • Awakening (Tales of Olympus, #2))
  • Beauty and the Thorns (Beauty and the Rose, #2)
  • Beauty & the Rose (Beauty and the Rose, #3)
  • Innocence (Tales of Olympus, #1)
  • Beauty's Beast (Beauty and the Rose, #1)
  • No debiste aparecer: Un millonario misterioso que no se detendrá ante nada
  • MARIDO FARSANTE
  • Jodido doctor
  • La traición del duque de Grafton
  • Un juego millonario
  • A Debt Repaid (The Debt Duet, #2)
  • Khalil, el Hijo del Desierto.
  • Prometido indeseado (Hermanas Laurens nº 1)
  • Mi querido Señor Langdon
  • A Debt Owed (The Debt Duet, #1)
  • Entrégate a Mí
  • Placer Sombrío
Stasia was born in Georgia, grew up in Texas, recently spent a freezing five-year stint in Minnesota, and now is happily planted in sunny California, which she will never, ever leave.

She loves writing, reading, listening to podcasts, and has recently taken up biking after a twenty-year sabbatical (and has the bumps and bruises to prove it). She lives with her own personal cheerleader, aka, her han

Love So Dark (3 books)
  • Cut So Deep (Love so Dark #1)
  • Hurt So Good (Love so Dark, #3)

News & Interviews