Start by marking “Oath Sworn (Wolf's Oath #1)” as Want to Read:
Oath Sworn (Wolf's Oath #1)

Oath Sworn (Wolf's Oath #1)

Defending Lian against soulless assassins is not what Aralt Wolf syr Tremayne agreed to.

Nor did he agree to be the guardian of an irrational teenaged Keeper of the Faith.

And he certainly did not plan on skypirates or cannibals!

Aralt has his hands full. The Grand Meeting of the Northern Alliance is just days away and Lian Kynsei, last of the soul-touched and missing for
ebook
Published December 2018

To ask other readers questions about Oath Sworn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oath Sworn

Start your review of Oath Sworn (Wolf's Oath #1)
Corey
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With Oath Sworn, Meg MacDonald has created an intriguing fantasy world full of adventure, mystery, fantastic and dreadful creatures, and a young boy you just can't quite figure out. Unfortunately for Aralt Syr Tremayne, neither can he. If you are looking for a fluffy fantasy novel that you can lose yourself in without sophisticated thought - this is not the book for you. Oath Sworn is masterfully written in its intelligence and requires the reader to fully engage his/her mind and delve deep into ...more
Polly Rapp
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Relationships can be complicated. Oath Sworn is the fascinating tale of one such, and readers who enjoy detailed character development--and rich world-building--should enjoy it. Aralt and Lian have each suffered tragedies that shape their emotional responses to each other, and watching them negotiate the new dimensions of their relationship is variously painful, funny, and touching. The glimpses we get of their common enemy, lonn Tirehl, add tension and cultural color--with his fanatical ...more
Mark Gardner
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
The start of something truly special.

Oath Sworn starts a bit slow, but this is a necessity to lay the foundation on which an epic noblebright series is built. From flying ships to crystal swords that sing with sorrow and jubilation, the world of Aralt and Lian is a masterpiece that yearns to be told again and again.

A richly woven tapestry of history, religion, and good old fashioned gas lamp fantasy, Oath Sworn is a tale of tales for athe ages. Exciting chapters flow with a beautiful prose that
Victorique Crawford
This was fairly decent. The story managed to grip me at certain sections and having me feeling something for them. There was some growth which to me is rare in many books nowadays.

The story just took too long to get going or really good. But when it does it really had me to continue reading it. The beginning had caught my attention, giving a sense of anticipation. And I did hope for something more to have explained what was going on there.

I feel as though there were too little explanations. The
Megan Q.
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fabulous fantasy begins! Oath Sworn is all the things I enjoy reading; intelligently written, beautifully-described, sometimes humorous. The beginning gradually builds the stage for the epic story to come and then the momentum rolls on full steam ahead! Eagerly looking forward to the second book, Blood Sworn!
Julian Daventry
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
So I've never read a steampunk book before, so I /think/ this was steampunk?? Had a fantasy feel to it, but there were some gas lamps and plumbing and airships, so I guess that's steampunk?? But also unique creatures and musical weapons and basically a super unique story world! (Okay, I just looked up Meg's website, and it's "gaslamp fantasy" so how cool is that??)

Anywho, I met the author at Realm Makers, we got lost in the hotel, and she basically sold me her book. I barely even read the back,
MichiganRoz
Jan 11, 2019
Gene Cook
is currently reading it
Jan 12, 2019

• Vic: Mystery & Magic (The Incredible Adventures of Vic Challenger Book 8)
  • The Millennial Way Home: An Invested Millennial Guide on buying Your First Real Estate Property
  • The Haunted Bridge (Ghost Chasers, #1)
  • What a Wolf Dares (Lux Catena, #2)
  • Savant, Feral & Seer: The First 3 Books in the Luminether Epic Fantasy Series
  • A Compassionate Guide For Social Robots
  • Nash The Secret Billionaire Society Book 2
  • Three hundred & Thirty-Three Twisted Tongue Twisters
  • ADDED SUGARS THE SLOW POISON
  • An Imperfect Crime (A Detective Sanchez/Father Montero Mystery)
  • Hard Fall
  • Winter's Fury (Furyck Saga, #1)
  • There Be Demons
  • Salem Burning (The Lives Of Lilly Parris, #1)
  • Model Marine
  • The Untethered
  • Cruising the Mediterranean
  • The Roll-Away Pumpkin
Meg Mac Donald lives in Michigan with her husband, children, one Norwegian Elkhound, and a clowder of cats. Yes, her place really is bigger on the inside!

Her fiction and poetry has appeared in Weird Tales, Masques of Darkover, The Temporal Logbook, and other anthologies. Her Doctor Who fiction has appeared in the online zines Inferno Fiction and Cosmic Masque.