Start by marking “Solitude (Cunningham Security, #4)” as Want to Read:
Solitude (Cunningham Security, #4)

Solitude

(Cunningham Security #4)

Lorenzo De Luca’s troubled past has left him a shell of a man. The blood that runs through his veins feels toxic. Determined to not let history repeat itself, Lorenzo vows to protect others from the violence that lives inside him.

But when Jolie Moore literally stumbles into his arms and his life, Lorenzo finds himself captivated by her larger-than-life personality. Jolie’
Published February 12th 2019 by A.K. Evans

To ask other readers questions about Solitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solitude

⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH INKSLINGER PR. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I've read a lot of this author's books by now, and each one of them has touched me in some way. This one particularly hits home for me because of some of the issues addressed in it.

I loved the backstory that the author dreamed up for Lo
Susana
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, A.K. Evans continues to outshine herself with every new release. I really didn’t think she could create a hero that would win my heart over Dom from the previous book, but it’s happened. Lorenzo now holds the top spot for my affections. Lorenzo tried to fight his attraction to Jolie because he didn’t feel he was good enough for her because of his past, and Jolie didn’t think he wanted her because she was too “much” according to her previous relationships. I think it’s important to have char ...more
Jenn the Readaholic
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I keep having to up my expectations with each new book from this author, because I’m always certain that it can’t get any better than the current story I’m reading. Every time I start the next book, though, I’m proven wrong and I find that AK Evans is no one-trick (or one-plot) pony!

Lorenzo and Jolie are fabulous together, and the fact that Lorenzo has had a rough life only makes him appreciate love and a good woman that much more. Lorenzo has done his best to keep to himself because
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

Love isn't a strong enough word for how I feel about this book. I 100% fell head over heels for the man that is Enzo and the woman that is Jolie. I can't begin to tell you how much these two touched me. Enzo has lived a life of solitude. He's reasoning is valid, however, not at all he man he is. Enzo is smart, tough, sexy. He's a protector and wants to be there for his family. That's very obvious from the start of this book.

Jolie is just amazing.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that with each book the stories start to get better and better and this one really was jumping and I loved every moment of it. I had been wondering if Lorenzo was going to get his own book and holy hell yes sweet baby Jesus he did and it did not disappoint!

Lorenzo keeps to himself, he thinks it's better this way for him and the other person. Lorenzo comes from a troubled past and it has left him a shell of a man. He is guarded in everything he does and he keeps to himself unt
Joanne
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve loved every book in this series and Altho we’ve seen glimpses of Lorenzo we didn’t know his story. Wow...what an incredible man he is. He broke my heart from the first chapter. His past meant he didn’t know just what an amazing man he was even when he was a child! Jolie is fun loving and outgoing the perfect foil for the serious Enzo. As they begin to ge to know each other it’s easy to see how they work so well. She balances him and gives him confidence to be who he is meant to be. When the ...more
Kari Hansen
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lorenzo hasn’t had an easy life and it is for that reason that he doesn’t allow many people close but once he does, he loves with his whole heart. Although they are opposites he has been attracted to his friend’s sister and he will do whatever is necessary to protect her even if it is from himself.

Jolie has been attracted to Lorenzo from the moment they met however she doesn’t believe that he would ever be attracted to her let alone that she would hold his interest. As quiet and reserved as Lore
Hannah
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

While Dom is still my man, Lorenzo runs a pretty close second. This was a pretty great read. Lorenzo's abusive childhood has him hesitant to build any deep relationship with a woman afraid of what he might become. Jolie sees Lorenzo for exactly who he is a protector someone worth spending her life with but getting him to start anything is hard. First he pushes her away but knowing he's hurting her by avoiding her and seeing her in a really sexy dress has him finally stepping up. But t
Jenette Rufibach
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when I think I have a favorite hero from A.K. Evans, she goes and writes another amazing story! I can't begin to tell you how much I love Jolie. Her larger than life and feisty personality are amazing. I love when there is a strong female in a book.

Let's talk about Lorenzo now. We see him in a few other books. You can tell from them that he is always kind of shy and a bit closed off. It broke my heart to read his story of why he is the man that he is. Even though he is a bit closed off you
Candy
Absolutely amazing!
I couldn't put it down. Once you start you won't want to stop. Jolie and Lorenzo are fantastic characters, you'll fall in love and cheer for them. The author did a great job bringing these two characters to life. There's mystery and heartache with a happy ending. Very easy to follow along. Each characters point of view is my favorite kind of writing, knowing what each is thinking..... A must read by a great author! It is part of a series but can be read as a standalone.
***AR
Tara
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love reading anything by A.K. Evans and Solitude was not a disappointment by far! This was a beautifully written story with so much feeling and heart involved. Lorenzo’s character was so well written you can’t help falling in love. My heart broke for his past, because no boy should ever be put in a situation where they feel anything but love. A.K. Evans did a wonderful job making me feel so much for him, and to cheer Jolie and the strength she had. Such a beautiful story. This is on ...more
Amy Fogarty
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A K Evans has done it again!

I didn't think it would be possible to fall even more in love with the Cunningham Security series. Each book and the characters within them become more riveting and exciting to read. I don't want to spoil anything as solitude is a must read for any A K Evans fan! Lorenzo and Jolie's story is one you don't want to miss it will have you laughing and also have you emotionally charged from start to finish. Highly recommended for new readers and existing fans of both the E
Trudi
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect... such brilliant writing, you will fall hard for Lorenzo and Jolie, they show what love and respect is all about. Lorenzo had such a hard start to life which is heart-breaking, the love between Lorenzo and his brother melted me, and how strong and determined Jolie was... she could never be too much for him. A K Evans never fails us.
Jenny
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! I thought I loved this authors last book, but this one is my absolute favorite! Lorenzo was so easy to love. I love both Lorenzo and Jolie though. My heart broke so many times for Lorenzo. I love that Ekko and Dom were in this book also and we got to catch up with them. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Stefanie
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a story! Such an emotional roller coaster! I absolutely loved it from start to finish! I have not read the first three in the series, but I can't wait to start from the beginning! I feel like I'm lucky I get to read those for the first time since I have read this one!! I couldn't put it down!!
Marissa W.
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreakingly Beautiful

Out of the entire series I have to say that Lorenzo and Jojo stole my heart! Lorenzo's story of Solitude was heartbreaking and the man is resilient! Must read series!
Brandee Ribaudo
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Solitude definitely deserves more than 5 stars. A.K Evans knows how to pull you in and leaves you wanting more. You honestly can’t help falling in love with Lorenzo and Jolie. I’m so excited for the next Cunningham Security book release.
Michaela Dren
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A.K. Evans has a gift for giving us the best heroes and Lorenzo is right up there with there with the best of them but it was her heroine in this story, Jolie, who had me hooked. I found Jolie so relatable and someone I just really wanted to be friends with. The moment I got to the last page I was sad because I was missing my bestie.
This was definitely a feel good story full of emotions that I know you will want to feel again and again!
Kate
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I loved this book, Lorenzo and Jolie were just perfect together. I think this series just gets better and better and already I’m looking forward to the next book!
Sarah Davey
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say without spoiling the book for anyone. Amazing it's a must read series. It's highly recommended!
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Lorenzo de Luca doesn’t do relationships. He’s vowed to spend his life protecting others. But, his father was abusive and he’s terrified of following in his footsteps, so he’s never trusted himself to fall in love. But, Jolie Moore has other plans for Lorenzo.

Jolie is larger than life. She’s vibrant and loving and simply captivating. She knows Lorenzo will never harm anyone who doesn’t deserve it and that he is worthy of all the love she can give to him. She just needs to convince him of that.

Jo
Anna
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a great book! I enjoyed the storyline and loved the characters. Lorenzo comes across as serious and reserved and the intense attraction he has towards Jolie is palpable. He hasn’t had an easy life and I just wanted to give him a big hug. Because of his past, he avoids relationships - no matter how much he wants Jolie. Jolie is a strong character and I loved her outgoing personality. She is the type of person that I would love to have in my corner. Opposites definitely attract in thi ...more
Emily
Kayleigh Borrows
Feb 12, 2019
Christy
Feb 14, 2019

Cunningham Security (4 books)
  • Obsessed (Cunningham Security, #1)
  • Overcome (Cunningham Security, #2)
  • Desperate (Cunningham Security, #3)