Start by marking “Chasing Butterflies (Bad Girls Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Butterflies (Bad Girls Book 1)

Chasing Butterflies

(Bad Girls #1)

My life has been no joyride.

Eight years ago my sister and I decided to leave our home and drug addict parents behind to build a new life somewhere else. Now that I’ve found my passion in art and tattooing I’m convinced that we’re finally happy…until tragedy changes everything.

Deciding that going back to my roots is the best option for me, I return to the Hill Country of
Published November 20th 2018 by Limitless Publishing, LLC (first published November 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Butterflies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Butterflies

Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adored this little standalone novella by Jennifer Labelle. Was totally shocked by the twist in chapter one. I loved that Sawyer, the female lead, was so kick ass. Hate snivelling women in books.
Jagger was the hot as hell cowboy that never forgot his first love.
Now she’s back, he’s not letting her go again!

Can’t wait to read the next Novella about Becca and Mace x
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
This is a fantastic story! Sawyer is a badass and I love me some tough heroines. I like that the past with Jagger is so heavy but also that she can’t help but let him back in her heart.

FULL REVIEW- http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Kylee
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chasing Butterflies is a quick read about second chances, moving forward and chasing that feeling that makes us feel loved, excited and above all happy. Sawyer and Jagger’s story is heartfelt and will have you loving these two so easily. A story that at times is emotional, sweet and hot and steamy. This is my first book by this author and a beautiful introduction, a love story about learning to finally grab hold of love and never letting go.
Lydia H
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quick, second chance romance

This novella was right what I was in the mood for. While a short read, it still had heartbreak, a little bit of drama, and a whole lot of romance. Jagger was sexy and all southern which I absolutely LOVED.

Sawyer was now back in town, hoping to get a second chance at a new beginning, opening up her very own tattoo shop. Little did she know, her fresh start would take her back to where it all started...with Jagger.

A must if you're in the mood for a quick and short s
Krista
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Chasing Butterflies follows Sawyer as she goes back home after a tragic loss. This is a short, quick read. Sweet second chance love story. It was a good story. I would have liked it to been a little more detailed in some of the story. Mace and Becca's intro in the epilogue definitely has me intrigued for the next book.
Teresa
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh...sexy cowboy and tattooed badass girl!

Love! The story is a great one of mistakes in the past, the one that got away and the love of my life all rolled into one! Infant waitvfor the next book in this series!!!
Teri Ditchman
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great book. I loved the characters and they were written well. Easy to follow the story and understand the backstory of the characters. A great fast read!
Emma Johnston
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, short story focussing on the life of Sawyer. She hasn't has an easy life and moves back home to deal with the loss of her sister. There she bumps into an old flame.

I really enjoyed this story. It was the first I've read by this author and I know it won't be the last. Looking forward to Mace's book
Sarah Green
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Really, really short.

It's sweet for the most part with some hot scenes too.

I do think it would have been a lot better with more detail though. It was just a little too quick for me.
Elaine Swinney
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic book. I loved it. The book is written and it is worth your time and effort. This is the first Jennifer Labelle but it will not be the last. This is part of the Hell Yeah Kindle World so some old friends show up in this book. I don't do spoilers but I will tell you this has a small town, old high school flame and of course that witchy girl with the trash mouth. I encourage everyone to get this book, I think you will enjoy it!!!!
Jessica Cox
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a quick steamy second chance at love read. I loved both the main characters Jagger and Sawyer they were completely different but Jagger had other ideas. He really was a perfect Alpha guy with a sweetheart and a gentle hand. Sawyer loved that she was a tattoo artist and so different from everyone in their little ole town. She is a lot stronger than she thinks and Jagger is going to prove it to her.
Linda Beauchamp
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

Sawyer and Jagged reunite after several years apart to find they are still in love and this time they are not teenagers. This is another good ending to a great book. I can't wait for the next book this year!
Rmederios
A cute quick read. Sawyer is a successful tattoo artist but when tragedy strikes she's forced to move back home to her unhappy past. Jagger is one of those memories. The thing about our memories is that it only includes our view points.
Sandy
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Good story of second chances. Even though they got off to a good start the last time, things turned bad. Could she trust him again? Don't miss this great story.
Trudy Dowling
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes the best books are new discoveries. Jennifer Labelle is a "new to me" author. But that will be changing. Chasing Butterflies encompassed some of my favorite genres--small town, second chance, tattoo artists.

Sawyer has returned to Kerrville after loosing her sister in a fire. It is supposed to be a new beginning, but the past keeps getting in her way. Hopefully she will let Jagger back into her life and lean up him in order to get her HEA
Vanessa
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short, but still sweet.

A story about two people who thought they had lost their chance. Sawyers comes back after losing her sister and finds her lost love and a chance st s new life.
Kayla Busch
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this second chance romance! At the beginning of the novella, Sawyer's sister talked about not giving up on love and finding someone who gives you butterflies. At the time, Sawyer didn't realize that would be her sister's last piece of advice to her. Devastated by her sister's sudden death, Sawyer decides to move back to the last place she ever pictured living, Kerrville- her hometown that held a multitude of painful memories. Sawyer isn't home long, before the handsome Jagger ...more
Mel Allen
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sawyer Maddox and her sister had a rough child hood. Sawyer had been dating Jagger Hale for a few months when his friends turned up calling her names so Sawyer takes off and leaves town with her sister, eight years later after her on family dies Sawyer returns to her home town to make a fresh start. On her first night out at Hard boodies bar she bumps into Jagger Hale and he offfers to take her home where he finds out who she is, She the one who got away and he wants a second chance so starts to ...more
Tanya from Get Your Book On
I adored this second chance story!

After the tragic death of her beloved older sister, Sawyer needs a fresh start and returns to her hometown. The very place she fled from years before, heartbroken. Leaving behind the only boy she ever loved.

She's not there very long before coming face-to-face with the very same boy, scratch that man. Jagger has never stopped loving Sawyer, and now that he has another chance at claiming her heart. He doesn't back down.

As always, I loved the story Jennifer conjure
Jeannette
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Good

This was an ok book to read. It had sad and sweet moments.
I hope to read more from this author
Linda Brackin
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, Hell Yeah!

First time reading a Jennifer Labelle book. Have to say, wow! "Chasing Butterflies" , part of the Hell Yeah kindleworld was everything a reader enjoys in a book. You will love Sawyer and Jagger's story. As your reading, you feel the emotions Sawyer is feeling from sadness, heartbreaking tragic, happiness and true love. Jagger is definitely someone you would fall in love with at first sight. If you enjoy first love-lost love and how a lost soul comes home, you will love this bo
Jo Powers
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great second chance

I loved the fast pace of this story, it flowed easily without rushing through the plot. I definitely want more of the secondary characters and hope the author explores them in the same way and even revisits these characters if there is time.
As a KW book, the tie in was good enough to draw me in and recognize it for what it was and didn't distort the original storylines. That's important to me, as a faithful reader of the HY series. Great job overall! Will definitely be read
Emily
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Chasing Butterflies" (Hell Yeah! Kindle Worlds Novella) by Jennifer Labelle is a great read. I enjoyed Sawyer and Jagger's story. This story has passion, romance, second chances with first loves, overcoming tragedy, and more. This is the first book I've read from this author and I'm looking forward to reading more in the future. I'm anxious to find out what happens next. Recommend to fans of romance.
Aliza Nai
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
7th of 2019
Jane
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast-paced!!

This book is a quick read but interesting!! The characters are fun and relatable and this story flows! I really enjoyed reading this story!
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Chasing Butterflies is the first novella in the Bad Girls series. In it, we meet Sawyer. She left her home town with her big sister and never looked back. Now, due to the death of her sister, she returns there, needing a fresh start. Her first night in town, and she bumps into the one memory she was hoping to avoid.

This is a very fast-paced novella, although it is an easy read. Unfortunately for me, I didn't really connect with Carley before she died, so the impact on Sawyer was pretty much lost
T Van
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Tattoo Artist Gets a Second Chance for Home and Love

A combination of copy editing errors and "world" collision, created a story that's sort of hard to follow (for this Hell Yeah! reader who is new to this author). Sawyer has had so many tragedies, it's a wonder that she returns to Kerrville at all, much less, to stay. Mostly, the story feels very short, and the characters don't quite reach the level of sympathetic narrators in such a brief read. There's just not a lot of room for them to arc
Great story line. Could of tapped way more into the story to make it longer. I had a hard time reading it because it seemed like the story was switching from character view points but it was written in 3rd person. I would of loved to see it in 1st person, from the actual view point of both characters when switching. I loved the ideas for the book, would of loved to of been able to read it differently.
Pat Rathmann
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HIGHLY ENTERTAINING

A fast moving easy read. Sawyer returns to her home town after losing her sister in a fire. The first person she meets is Jagger, her old boyfriend. Story is riddled with sorrow and pain and a new struggle to adjust to new life in her new business. She and Jagged struggle with their relationship.
Eleanor
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance
4 Short and Sweet Stars

A nice short sweet read...

If I was to go more into it this book could have had more story development, but because this is so short that was probably hard to do. It just felt so quick and unrealistic.

Jennifer Labelle resides in Canada with her husband and three beautiful children. After her third child she became a stay at home mom. In her busy household Jennifer likes to spend her down time engrossed in the stories that she creates. She is an active reader of romance (especially historical), mystery and anything paranormal. With an education in Addictions work she's decided to take a less str ...more
“She was his addiction, his drug, and as young as he was, he knew he’d never tire of her taste.” 1 likes