Start by marking “Raven Lane” as Want to Read:
Raven Lane

Raven Lane

The truth can bring out the worst in the best of friends.

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: November 12th 2019 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Raven Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven Lane

Mary
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Donna Hines
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Esme and Benedict seemed to have it all. An idyllic life till this cul de sac lifestyle was uprooted with the neighbors death.
Benedict is subsequently arrested while Esme holds on to her secrets.
Everyone is pointing fingers and every stone is turned over seeking the truth.
But what if the truth is too hard to bare?
What if secrets aren't meant to be shared?
What if the neighborhood will never be the same?
Ahhh a must read for 2019!
Thank You to Amber, the publisher, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for t
Kayo
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My goodness. Another favorite of 2019. Great book. Suspenseful. Likeable characters.

Thanks to author,publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free,this had no bearing on the rating I gave it.
Morgan Schulman
Apr 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reader-s-copy
I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review

Some books are hard to love. Some books are hard to like. This book is both
Brooke
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While mystery and suspense novels are always my favorite, at this point, I've read so many of them that I'm often let down by what others consider a truly suspenseful novel. Being that Raven Lane is only Amber Cowie's second novel, I honestly didn't have the bar set too high, but the book completely exceeded my expectations.

The story is set on Raven Lane, a small cul-de-sac filled with big-name residents. The main character, Esme, is a one-time actress married to a modeling agent. They live w
Elaine
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Esme and Benedict live in a very small community. Making friends with their neighbours was easy, because they are who they meet everyday of their lives. Attending and hosting get-togethers often, this neighbourhood seem very close. But is it, really? When a car accident happened, secrets and lies come up one by one, and at the end of the day, you wonder if these neighbours were even friends at all.

At first, I was a little confused. The accident happened right in front of everyone in broad dayli
Kate
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
There was a lot going on in this novel. At its core, Raven Lane is a mystery/romance focusing on a former actress (now chef), her husband, and the complex neighbors that reside with them on Raven Lane.

The author has an easy and conversational writing style which allows the reader to identify with and relate to the drama/dysfunction of the Raven Lane neighborhood. However, many of the characters in this novel seem over-the-top and, at times, unbelievable. This causes some of the storylines and b
Konny
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a ride.
Raven Lane by Amber Cowie is a full length, standalone romance novel with major twists and turns that kept me hanging on the edge of my seat from start to the end.
Raven Lane in Fraser City is a tight knit community. At the first look all residents are friends or friendly acquaintances. But behind the walls are currents , rivalries and in the end nothing is as it seems, literally nothing.
The story starts with an accident and turns into a masterfully crafted mindgame that I really
Dani | Suburbia, Interrupted
The underlying story of RAVEN LANE isn’t bad but it’s lost behind too many over-the-top scenarios and characters. Within the story of the main characters, Esme and Benedict, are excerpts of a novel written by another character, author and fellow Raven Lane neighbor, Torn. I get why the excerpts were written but they don’t seem flow within the story as you are reading. Honestly, I began skipping over them halfway through. They did not add depth to the main story and became, IMO, unneeded filler. ...more
Jordan
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
While the plot was interesting, the characters and sequencing were hard to follow. There was a lot going on at once. The overall story was definitely a good thriller and left me guessing. I did have a hard time connecting myself to it all, the characters and the neighborhood felt a bit far fetched with their elaborate backgrounds and life stories.
Three stars from me. I really enjoyed Amber Crowies use of twists and descriptive nature of writing. I just had a hard time following story lines and
Amy
Apr 10, 2019 added it
Sadly DNF this book. It just wasn’t for me and I couldn’t gel with the story at all.
Shannon Kirk
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow
Loreth White
Mar 17, 2019
Susan Wille
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book takes place in a Idealic neighborhood , filled with beautiful houses, artistic people , with a lot of socializing going on amongst the neighbors. This was a great domestic thriller. Love the characters of Esme and Benedict .A great surprise ending. Thank you so much for my advance copy of this book. I will continue to follow this author and would certainly recommend this book to friends and family.
Natalie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esme and Benedict live in an exclusive enclave, surrounded by what appears to be a strong community, but what follows an “accident “ soon turns the community into an armed camp and results in accusations of homicide.

There are endless twists in the story that looks back on the characters’ past as the plot unfolds. As a reader, I eagerly evaluated the unfolding plot to seek answers and motivations.

This is an enjoyable read, clearly written with fascinating, well drawn characters.
Edna
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esme and Benedict Werner have an idyllic life in a tight-knit community until an accident in their cul-de-sac ends in the tragic sudden death of one of their dearest neighbors. After vindicating eyewitness accounts morph into contradictory memories, suspicion, and unaccountable accusations, Benedict is arrested. Esme’s life, too, is changed forever.

As the neighborhood largely turns against her and her family, Esme has time to think about her past and what to do next. Then her fellow residents st
Brooke
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The story is set on Raven Lane, a small cul-de-sac filled with big name residents. The main character, Esme, is a one-time actress married to a modeling agent. They live wit
Shkolnikjx
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent thriller! Kudos to the writer for bringing the characters to life, and for making the plot so fascinating. I enjoyed the book very much and woul love to read more by this talented author.
Heather
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, a neighborhood that is fully enmeshed in each other's lives. A woman that has it all on the outside but is wounded on the inside. Her husband that is egotistical. The same sex couple that are an author and a physician. The sports reporter who wants to be an author with his minature making artist wife, the real estate agent and daughter and the symphony players. What a neighborhood. You won't believe what happens in this tale
Morgan Schulman
Apr 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review

Some books are hard to love. Some books are hard to like. This book is both
Rebecca Pirkle
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was an interesting read for me! An excellent thriller. The author actually brought the characters to life. I enjoyed the book will definitely be following the author!
Michelle Wyche
Apr 10, 2019
Michelle Wyche
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was an interesting read for me. Raven Lane expressed issues of infidelity as well as you don't always know your neighbors accurately. There were a few grammar errors, but it is still being edited, so no problem there. I do wonder though if Anthony didn't do what he did would things have turned out differently?
Mrs C
Laurie
Dec 22, 2018
Erica
Dec 22, 2018
“I know what I am now, and you cannot bear it.

But you must.”