Start by marking “Raven Lane” as Want to Read:

Raven Lane

The truth can bring out the worst in the best of friends.

Esme and Benedict Werner have an idyllic life in a tight-knit community until an accident in their cul-de-sac ends in the tragic sudden death of one of their dearest neighbors. After vindicating eyewitness accounts morph into contradictory memories, suspicion, and unaccountable accusations, Benedict is arrested. Esme
Published November 12th 2019 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Raven Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven Lane

Start your review of Raven Lane
Mandy White
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Raven Lane by Amber Cowie was a book that I had high hopes for. And it started really well.. As the story went along though I started to lose interest and by the end I didn't really care for any of the characters or what happened to them. The idea of the book really appealed to me but the execution did not. In saying that I did not hate this book, I just hoped for more from it.

Raven Lane is a tight knit community where everybody knows each other and their business. Esme and Benedict appear to ha
Louise Wilson
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars rounded down to 3.

Raven Lane is a small cul de sac. Esme and her husband Benedict live there with their daughter. One dark night Benedict is reversing out off his driveway when he knocks over and kills one of their neighbours. With many witnesses to the accident, Benedict is arrested. Everyone of the neigh ours turn against Esme.

This ook showed so much promise, but it seemed to lack something. The story starts of strongly, building the scene leading up to the accident. We get a glimpse
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: domestic-noir
A story about the secrets that we try to hide, but that always eventually come to light. Dark, character-driven, and addictive!

There were so many juicy and salacious secrets that came out in this story! Amber Cowie really delivered a suspenseful book filled with dark pasts and hidden truths. I would call this more of a character-study than an outright psychological thriller, though there are certainly some twists. Primarily, though, this is a story fueled by the character development more than t
Ankit Garg
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Raven Lane by Amber Cowie is a thriller novel with an average storyline. The suspenseful ending is a bit unorthodox, but it isn't enough to revive the stereotypical plot involving rich people with their drugs, and love triangles, and whatever follows.

Across the length of the book, I encountered two grave mistakes. Firstly, in one of the scenes, a character picks up her phone to do something, but ends up putting back her laptop when distracted with something else. Unless this was magical realism
Suzy Krause
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book—at literally no point did I even have a guess as to where it was headed, and I enjoyed the ride so much. Cowie's specialty seems to be likeable characters doing terrible things without being able to see themselves for what they are (so...in other words, they're very, very human). The writing is strong and compelling, and I cannot WAIT for her next release.
Amy
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love a juicy domestic drama and Cowie delivers with Raven Lane. This is full of the type of characters I love to hate and so many of them are hiding dark and dangerous secrets, I know I wouldn’t want any of them as my neighbors! But they were really entertaining to read about and all were rather complex and interesting, but not altogether likable. If you like a quiet style of suspense this is the book for you, it’s character driven and scandalous and even a little sexy at times, but ...more
Mary
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
ABookwormWithWine
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5

Adults behaving badly is a great way to describe Amber Cowie's new novel Raven Lane. This book was full of secrets and lies, and all the things that make for lots of drama!

I can't honestly say I liked any of the characters all that much in Raven Lane, but I did both empathize and get angry at them. Esme is such a complex character and I really liked all the depth that Cowie gave her. This book ended up being more emotional than I had expected and Esme both fascinated and disgusted me
Judy D Collins
RAVEN LANE is another excellent thought-provoking domestic suspense installment with superb storytelling by talented author Amber Cowie. 💕 She wowed readers and me worldwide with her knock-out thriller debut, Rapid Falls and she is BACK!

Sexy, provocative, edgy, and scandalous!

Meet the suburban neighbors of Raven Lane, a cul-de-sac with five detached homes arranged in a U shape, tucked into an area just two blocks away from one of the busiest commercial areas.

Set in the Pacific Northwest, a
Ludwig Reads
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
What I loved about Raven Lane was how brilliantly written it was. It was absolutely mesmerizing. So, this book being my first read by Amber Cowie, I am 100% looking forward to reading the author's debut.
As a suspense fiction addict, I went into this book with very high expectations, and I felt like the fact that I've been reading nothing but the twistiest, most shocking thrillers this year has definitely affected my reading of this novel.

What I should've known about Raven Lane, was that it isn
ʚϊɞ Shelley's ʚϊɞ Book Nook
I really enjoyed Rapid Falls so was very excited to be approved for Raven Lane, I wasn't disappointed either! A good suspense novel is hard to write believably but Ms. Cowie knows her stuff. From the very first page you'll suspect Esme and Benedict's relationship isn't what it seems and that it is more than likely they have some major issues.

Edgy, twisty, and utterly compelling, with a setting that'll give you a myriad of goosebumps, Raven Lane had me flipping the pages. I, too, had to know ever
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)

Domestic draaaaaaaaaaama! This close cul-de-sac of Raven Lane has quite the characters. When one of them, Torn, dies in an accident, Benedict is now on trial for hitting him with his car. Once it's realized he wasn't entirely sober, this accident becomes a torrid insight to the lives of everyone on Raven Lane.

This starts off strong and then towards the middle, I began to lost a little bit of interest. Nothing too exciting was happening. The book within a book (which sometimes works for me and so
Jen
Aug 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
I went into Raven Lane under the impression it was a thriller. I would not consider this a thriller type read, it is definitely more of a suburban drama read.

The residents of Raven Lane (which is a cul de sac) all live in identically laid out homes, which one of the residents, Kitty, basically hand picking who is allowed to buy a home and live there. She does this as a realtor and by convincing people to sell their homes privately so she screens people. Um, super shady but ok.

Esme is the main ch
Ruthy lavin
May 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Crikey this book took a while!
I was determined to finish it after a promising first few chapters had me reigned in enough, but I found myself constantly distracted whilst reading..... you know, have I left the tumble drier on and other such mundane things! Never a good sign! 😫
I’d like to say this was a great read but in all honesty it was quite boring, love and sex triangles in suburbia stuff, not for me.
Melissa Borsey
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Meh! The blurb sounds so much better than the actual story. Thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book. I wish I had better things to say, but I just couldn't get into this story.
Tammy(PeaceLoveBooks)
Welcome to Raven Lane but beware...appearances can be deceiving! Amber Cowie wrote a story of a close-knit neighborhood and the devastating consequences of a tragic death. Turning the pages was like peeling back layers of each character. I have to say I didn't like any of the characters but loved this book! Fans of Little Fires Everywhere and Big Little Lies will enjoy Raven Lane!
Jessica Berry
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: galleywars
This book is described perfectly: it is not a mystery, and implying otherwise would be doing this book a disservice. Rather, this story is a slow burn as the Raven Lane residents' monstrous secrets are exposed.

Primarily told from Esme's third person perspective, the book focuses on Esme, a former actress, and her husband, Benedict, a former model. Esme has dark secrets that she's tried to ignore for 2 decades, and Benedict has darker tendencies, also ignored by Esme. Thrown into the mix are the
Megan L (Iwanttoreadallthebooks)
Esme and Benedict Warner seem to have it all. They have an intelligent teenage daughter Zoe and they live in a seemingly perfect community on Raven Lane. Raven Lane is a small cul-de-sac populated by artistic types who often gather together as a community. However, when one of their neighbors, a popular author, tragically dies and Benedict is charged with his murder, the neighbors they thought were their close friends quickly turn against them. As the case goes to trial, secrets from both Benedi ...more
Blagica
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Rapid Falls so was very excited to be approved for Raven Lane, I wasn't disappointed either! I find myself drawn to a good suspense novel and this is one of the better ones for this year. If you like slow-burn domestic suspense, where no one is quite what they seem, you'll love Raven Lane. I raced through this book in just a few days, because I was so curious to find out everyone's secrets! I loved the multi layers of the characters and the unorthodox ending is very unexpected. ...more
Jen
Aug 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019

Esme is the main ch
Kate Rock
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amber Cowie will pull you right into Raven Lane and the Neighbors who live there, the interesting and fantastic characters and you won't want to put this book down. I was sucked in immediately and felt part of the story. A shocking, intricate and fascinating read. Emotional, relatable and shocking. The perfect domestic thriller that will have you wondering what you would do. 5 stars! Cowie is quickly becoming a go to author for me. Brilliant.
Octavia (ReadsWithDogs)
Raven Lane was a trip! I went through a whole myriad of emotions while reading this book. I started off curious about the comings and goings of the fancy folk who live in the perfect little cul-de-sac called Raven Lane. It seems it's a lovely little suburbia where everyone knows everyone else's business and there's always a party to be had---basically my hell.
Right off the bat, things seem a bit off with Esme and her husband Benedict and then almost immediately into the book he accidentally hits
Guylou (Two Dogs and a Book)
Raven Lane

Ummmm!?!? This is not what I expected it was going to be. They listed this book as a mystery/thriller, and it is more a domestic drama, in my opinion. Although it was not what I expected, it was still a well-written story about deception, lust, and obsession. You must be someone special to live on Raven Lane. The neighbours are close friends and, like with any close friends, lines are often crossed. Benedict is backing out of his driveway on his way to get more wine. He did not see his neighbour
Karen Dodd
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raven Lane is the second domestic suspense by author, Amber Cowie. I loved her first standalone, Rapid Falls and couldn't wait for her next novel. Raven Lane did not disappoint!

Esme and Benedict Werner could live on any upscale cul-de-sac. Their neighbours, seemingly all with secrets of their own, could be my neighbours. Or yours. When what seems like an unfortunate accident kills one of them, slowly but menacingly, the layers of their respective onions, are peeled away.

I loved that this story
Cheryl
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this book. There were enough good things about it to keep me reading until the end. Although, I do wish that the "intensity" level was higher. The people of Raven Lane did have many secrets. They are not the "perfect" neighbors that they want you to think they are.

Example is Esme and Benedict. They may seem like they are a good couple but when Benedict is arrested for murder; their world comes crumbling down around them including their skeletons in the closet.

As the story progresses; t
Donna Hines
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Esme and Benedict seemed to have it all. An idyllic life till this cul de sac lifestyle was uprooted with the neighbors death.
Benedict is subsequently arrested while Esme holds on to her secrets.
Everyone is pointing fingers and every stone is turned over seeking the truth.
But what if the truth is too hard to bare?
What if secrets aren't meant to be shared?
What if the neighborhood will never be the same?
Ahhh a must read for 2019!
Thank You to Amber, the publisher, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for t
Shannon Kirk
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beware! Enter the sexy, sordid affairs of Raven Lane with a clear schedule, because you won't be able to put this HOT thriller down. Paired with your favorite vino or tea, you'll find the escape into this suspenseful page-turner full of delicious betrayals. Loved it. Clever. Unique. Hot. Devilish fun.
Sue
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Raven Lane is a delightful domestic suspense. I haven't read any other books by Amber Cowie, but I think it's time to get them on order. This is a book about family and friendship and how hiding our past can have ramifications on our present. The deep dark secret is slowly unraveled which made it a book that was difficult to put down.

Raven Lane is a cul-de-sac in a town in the Pacific Northwest with five detached homes arranged in a U shape, tucked into an area just two blocks away from one of t
Dawnny
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raven Lane is a cul-de-sac of friendships. Dinner parties, sex and secrets until a tragic accident changes everything. This was emotional, dark and sexy, tragic and compelling. A domestic thriller with a plot you won't see coming. It had me up all night reading it. Then I still couldn't sleep still thinking about it. Don't miss this one. Everyone will be talking about it. I loved it.

Dawnny-BookGypsy
Novels N Latte
Hudson Valley NY
Calista Andrechek
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley, Amber Cowie and Lake Union Publishing for the free e-book in exchange for an honest review.

I have had Cowie’s first novel on my TBR for what feels like years so I was really excited to get a galley of this one that I would have to get to in a timely manner. I will now be picking up Rapid Falls sooner rather than later because this book had me hooked right from the first chapter. I didn’t want to put this one down for anything – I just had to know what the heck was going o
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »