Start by marking “Take the Bride (Knight Brothers Novella)” as Want to Read:
Take the Bride (Knight Brothers Novella)

Take the Bride

(The Knight Brothers #1.5)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Carly Phillips comes a new story in her Knight Brothers series…

She used to be his. Now she’s about to marry another man.
Will he let her go … or will he stand up and take the bride?

Published May 28th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Take the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take the Bride

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
A captivating, second chance love story that will keep you begging to turn the page.

Can be read in order, to enjoy this group, or can definitely be read as a stand alone. This author is magical in her writing, I always fall in love with her characters❤

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Joelle
Book Review for Take the Bride: A Knight Brothers Novella

This is a first time author for us and we really enjoyed our first read by them.I loved the story from beginning to end it was fun and flirty and sexual and all about righting the wrongs of ones past and all about second chances and hopefully getting that happily ever after that you envisioned as a teenager.

Ryder and Sierra were super hot together and were just one of those couples that just fit and even after years apart they still lo
Erin Lewis
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star review Take The Bride (The Knight Brothers #1.5) by Carly Phillips

This is a second chance at love story that I found totally captivating. A long time ago Ryder Hammond and Sierra Knight were in love, until he made a decision which changed both there lives and left Sierra devastated.

Now Sierra is getting married and Ryder is attending in an effort to get closure. The last thing he or anyone else expects is that he will object when the the minister asks if anyone has any objections, speak
Jan
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A second chance romance.

Hot and short Novella. There isn't much to elaborate on, the blurb says it all really, all that's missing are the bits in between which I did find heartwarming.

As the blurb states the bride is whisked away to a remote holiday resort one they used to dream about when they were young lovers before they parted ways, Sierra didn't kick up much of a fight, Ryder was her Teenage first love and she was devastated when their relationship ended a few years ago before she went off
Sissy's Romance Book Review
TAKE THE BRIDE by Carly Phillips is book 1.5 in The Knight Brothers Series. This is the story of Ryder Hammond and Sierra Knight. I have read the previous book but feel you can make this a standalone book.
Sierra and Ryder were high school sweethearts until Ryder broker her heart. Now in the present day Sierra is set to marry Jason. Its the day of their Wedding and the minister is asking the question if anyone objects to this marriage and Ryder comes forward. Now Ryder is asking for time to prov
Emma
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-wishlist
Take the Bride is a sweet second-chance romance even though that second chance comes at the expense of a failed wedding ceremony.

Ryder and Sierra were high school sweethearts and although Ryder is her brothers best friend it did not pose a problem for them as their relationship developed.

Ryder and Sierra had the type of relationship that would have withstood the test of time if only they stuck together. Unfortunately, Ryder took that option away from Sierra believing he was giving her freedom to
Jackie Wright
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick read that still packs a mighty punch, Take the Bride is a second chance romance that captivated me, I loved everything about this book.
Ryder and Sierra were in love but that was many moons ago and that was before he made the decision without consulting her to change their life’s forever..... Now Sierra is about to marry another man and when the priest asks if anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace, Ryder speaks up, the groom leaves the church and Ryder takes off
Franci Neill
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: carly-phillips
5 The Ultimate Second Chance Stars

This book is a perfect addition to the Knight Brothers series. This is Sierra, their baby sister's story and truly it's the ultimate second chance. Imagine being at the altar with the man you've agreed to spend the rest of your life with and someone actually objects when that pesky question is asked!!!

I felt so bad for her on one hand but on the other, the guy she's marrying is NOT the man for her... I know this because of what happens when the ruckus starts!
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Here's another hit by this fantastic author!! I am so in love with the Knight Brothers and when I saw that Ms. Phillips was writing a novella about the brothers' sister, Sierra, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I absolutely love Sierra. She is feisty and Ryder well what can I say about him except WOW, I am seriously swooning. Ryder has his work cut out for him to win Sierra back. I couldn't put this little novella down until it was finished and even then I found myself wanting more of thes ...more
Jennie Fortna
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Take the Bride is book 2 in the Knight Brothers series by Carly Phillips. This is a novella but wish it was longer...well written and sexy too! 4.5 stars

Sierra and Ryan were sweethearts years ago but he broke her heart when HE decided that she needed to pursue her dreams before they could possible settle down together. The breakup took them down totally different paths and now years later, Sierra is set to get married.

While Ryan has remained friends with her brothers he has hidden the fact that
Juli
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Marika
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this novella!
Ryder and Sierra were high school sweethearts and they planned a future together. .UNTIL Ryder changed his mind.. now years later Sierra is ready to say I do to another man..and what a surprise she gets when Ryder suddenly comes to his senses and objects.
I love these two..you can feel the chemistry and the love that is still there!
I love how the story goes, the way they reconnect and the end made me smile so big!
Second chances are my fav and this one is so full of feels and
Jo
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, these alpha males who make decisions for their girlfriends, because they "know" what's best.  GAH!

But I confess, when they are written like this, I just eat it up!

Now this format doesn't allow for a lot of scene setting.  You are thrust straight into the action, or, in this case, the church.  I didn't care about that.  This story was just fabulous.  It flowed beautifully, and just carried me along with it.

Just lovely.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Isha Coleman
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
The anticipation proved to be worth the wait. Sierra and Ryder sizzle. Take the Bride blends youthful heartache with adult regret. Phillips fires up the senses with this emotional romance. Those Knights sure know how to fall in love. Fast, furious and forever.
Book Obsessions  (Amber)
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first Carly Phillips Book I’ve read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was drama at the beginning that turned into some hot romance with some sweetness too. This novella definitely makes me want to go read the books abut the Knight brothers right now!
Flo Grugel
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
2nd chance romance that ticked all my boxes!
Sandy S
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 28, 2019

She used to be his. Now she’s about to marry another man.
Will he let her go … or will he stand up and take the bride?

Ryder Hammond and Sierra Knight were high school sweethearts. Despite him being her brother's best friend, their relationship burned hot and fast…and ended with heartbreak and regrets.

Years later, she’s at the altar, about to marry another man.

He’s only there for closure, to finally put the past behind him.

But when the pre
Josselyn Radillo
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spanish review at http://bit.ly/takethebride

My Thoughts:
A second chance love story with a shocking objection.

This is my very first time reading 1001 Dark Nights and also a romance by Carly Phillips. I wasn't disappointed at all since the author is great a delivering a great romance. The truth is that this book did not disappoint me at all because the writer makes you want to explore every detail of this story from the first page.

Take the Bride is a story that makes us turn pages quickie because
Becky
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc, novella
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 6/2/19.

Take the Bride lives up to the 1001 Dark Nights promise--a decent intro to a new author, or a small taste of a favorite one! This time it's Carly Phillips, who I've read in the past but it's been a while.

I'm always interested to see where an author takes a left-at-the-altar story; writing one as a novella, though, has got to be a challenge. Can you give enough reason in such a short format for a character to convincingly bail on their wedding? I hav
Nisey Crossin
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What could possibly go wrong on Sierra Knights wedding day? Everything was perfect, the groom was ready, she was set to walk down the aisle, the guests had arrived, the music was playing, the wedding party was in place. All that needed to happen was for her to make it to the altar. Nerves, that all it was, but her brother sensing it, asked "are you sure this is what you want?" Taking a deep breath and thinking about her groom waiting says, "I know I'll have a good life with Jason." That said she ...more
Jo Reads Romance
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quick and fun, second chance romance
5 stars

When I first read the blurb for this book, I assumed it was going to be a wham-bam, caveman takes his woman, type of book. And while that would have been fine, it actually wasn’t much like that at all. It was more of a slow-burn. Well, a slow-burn with sex.

The story was a fairly simple second-chance romance with a twist on the circumstances of the reconciliation. Despite that, the writing really elevated the story to something special that made me kee
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 4 Second Time Around Stars ~

Take the Bride is a great novella for anyone who loves a second chance romance!!

This book is a novella built into the Knight Brothers Series by Carly Phillips. This book covers Sierra’s (the only sister in the Knight family) story. This is a great addition to this series but also is a great starting point for anyone who hasn’t read this series yet.

Take the Bride is the second book in this
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
This was my first Knight Brothers book and not only did it introduce me to their world, which I'm completely excited to read more of, but it reminded me just how good Carly Phillips' writing is.

Ryder Hammond didn't attend Sierra Knight's wedding with the intention to object. He actually came to say goodbye to the memories they had once shared. Ryder and Sierra were each other's first loves and as much as it pained him, she would most likely be his only. Yes, he broke her heart years ago, but wi
Badass Bloggettes
Often, at a wedding, I think what happens if someone does object when the officiant asks "if anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace." Take the Bride is a second chance novella that presents one scenario. This story is Sienna Knight’s journey after Ryder Hammond objected to her marriage to another man.

Ryder and Sienna were childhood sweethearts. They talked about their future together until life
Lynn Reynolds
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t usually like reading the Book Description so I don’t go into the book with any expectations. This time I was glad that I bent that rule because it was a nice reminder about what the Dark Night series is all about.

Sierra Knight is about to start the next chapter of her life. Ryder Hammond wants to rectify an old mistake. With the unofficial start of summer here this would be the perfect book to read. You could take it to the beach. You could sit poolside. Maybe you’re going to a destinati
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At one point and time Sierra Knight was his everything, they were high school sweethearts with plans for the future, and dreams to make come true together. They were going to go to college, had plans to get married, raise babies, and spend the rest of their lives loving only each other. But then Ryder had a change of heart, and put an end to things before they had a chance to get started....

Now Sierra is ready to walk down the aisle, say her "I-do's" and start a future... with another man! And t
Debra Smith
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sierra Knight stood at the doors of the church with her big brother Evan ready to walk down the aisle to Jason. Evan asked once again if she was sure… Surely she wasn't making a mistake. Her heart is pounding, she looks around as they start down the aisle and sees him, Ryder Hammond..her first love, Her first everything. She is assaulted by memories of days gone by. Her heart speeds up, IS she making a mistake. She looks up and sees Jason there at the altar waiting for her. She keeps going.
As th
PP's Bookshelf
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Take The Bride carries the signature smouldering hot and emotional writing of Carly Phillips in spite of being a novella. She captured the full range of passionate feelings in this second chance, brother's best friend romance!

The story starts off dramatically on the day of Sierra's wedding. Blast from her past and her first love Ryder is also attending. She tries to ignore the pangs in her heart and the doubts but a reckless act by Ryder derails all the plans for the day. Now they have but no c
Natasha
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4* read.

This is a second chance romance, and a hot short novella length book. A quick read that packs a punch. Sometimes I can struggle with novella length books as I can find it hard to connect to the characters in the shorter amount of time. Luckily that wasn't the case with this book and I loved both the characters and their story.

So this is Ryder and Sierra's story. The blurb pretty much says it all so I'm not going to waste time by retyping what the blurb says so if you want to know what th
Heather
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title in exchange for a honest review**

What a great novella by Carly Phillips that goes along with not only 1001 Dark Nights, but also her Knight Brothers series.

Sierra Knight is ready to experience what should be the happiest day of her life; her wedding day. That is until her brother asks if she has any doubts and then the one thing she never expected follows that - someone objects to she and her fiance going through with the ceremony!

Ryder Hammond is
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Carly Phillips gives her readers Alphalicious heroes to swoon for and romance to set your heart on fire, and she loves everything about writing romance . She married her college sweetheart and lives in Purchase, NY along with her three crazy dogs: two wheaten terriers and a mutant Havanese, who are featured on her Facebook and Instagram. She has raised two incredible daughters who put up with havi ...more

The Knight Brothers (3 books)
  • Take Me Again (The Knight Brothers, #1)
  • Take Me Down (The Knight Brothers, #2)
  • Dare Me Tonight (The Knight Brothers, #3)