Start by marking “Bound to break” as Want to Read:
Bound to break

Rachael Tonks

Bound to break

Leo

Leo is desperate and running from the dark secrets of his past.
When he’s taken in by the wealthy Conway family who found him near death, he hoped it would be the new start he craved.
What be didn’t expect was to find himself falling for the youngest Conway, Cassie.
He can't keep his eyes off the hot yet innocent housemate...or his hands.
Cassie is everything Leo knows he

To ask other readers questions about Bound to break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound to break

Jessica
Shelves: arc, series
This is my first read of 2019 and I am so glad I chose this one. I honestly don't think 5 Stars is anywhere near enough for this book. This story touches on a few subjects but this story is so beautifully written that you don't really notice it, it is a part of who the characters are. I love Leo and Cassie.

This story is full of drama, lots of angst and of course there is romance mixed in Leo is on the run from a sticky situation, he is the boy from the wrong side of the tracks and Cassie is fro
Jan
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just couldn't put this book down, I was wondering what was going to come at me next?

Bound to break begins with Cassie finding Leo outside her home, battered and bruised. From there her stepmother comes to his rescue and not only offers him a job doing up their home but also a place to live on the grounds.

This isn't a "rescued boy" love story where the boy begins to find happiness after a run of bad luck where girl and boy then fall in love, far from it, and believe me Cassie's step mother is
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that this book deserves a BILLION STARS because it was exceptionally AMAZING! I have read a lot of books but this one really stood out to me. I had so many emotions running through me as I was reading. I laughed and I cried and I yelled at my kindle because there were times when I wanted to reach in my kindle and biatch slap someone.

Leo is found bloodied and beaten half to death in front of the Conway family home by Cassie and her stepmother Liza. The Conway's immediately hel
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
"It's like nothing I've ever felt before. It's like a light shining from this dull soul on his dark day. In that exact moment, I saw hope in his eyes."

Swirling with drama, angst, twists, and turns I immensely enjoyed the heady trip I took when I dove into Leo and Cassie's story. With so much coming at them, the sweetness of their pairing balanced out all the obstacles and dangers they faced. My heart pounded and jaw dropped at the end, and I'm very excited to see what unfolds in the next book an
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 omg stars!! I love this book so very much!!

This is book one in the “Bound To” series. It ends in one hell of a cliffhanger but please don’t be discouraged. There is so much build up to the end. I was in shock and so damn excited!!

This is a story of a guy from the wrong side of the tracks and girl from wealth. Or so it seems...

Let me just say Leo is sex on a stick. Omg can I get a boy toy like Liza!! Lol! Ok that wasn’t very funny but damn she was smart. Anyway, at first I thought Cassie was a
Shannon Godwin
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely fell in love with Cassie & Leo. I really want to slap Liza & shake Cassie’s dad! This story had twists & turns in it that will keep you turning the pages. I can’t wait to see where things go in the next book.
EpicRomanceReviews
.•.•⭐) .•⭐')
(.• (.•`
❤~🌟~❤ 4.5 UNBREAKABLE STARS! ❤~🌟~❤

I first got hooked on Rachael Tonks’ writing a few years back after reading BURN WITH ME, and while I really enjoy her gritty romantic suspense tales, I am thrilled she returned to her NA roots with this angsty new duet.

BOUND TO BREAK (book one in her Bound To duet) is totally awesome! ! It’s emotionally charged. Uber Intriguing . Swoony and Sexy. And gave me #allthefeels!!!

THE PREMISE:
This is the story of a homeless young man named Leo w
Caitlin Audet
Rachael Tonks has spun such a twisted, tangled web in Bound to Break, book one of the suspenseful Bound to series. I was already anticipating loving this story from reading the blurb, expecting a love story between a mysterious stranger and the girl who's family takes him in and was given so much more to really capture my attention. I love how I didn't see so many things coming, keeping me on my toes needing to read and find out what more could happen with these characters.

Leo is found bruised,
Michelle Austin
description

Bound to Break was a great 5 star read and book one in the Bound to series.
This is my first read from Rachael Tonks and she pulled me right in.

We start the story with Cassie seeing Leo outside their gate, injured. She quickly runs out and her and her stepmother take Leo to the hospital.

We jump ahead a few months, Cassie hasn’t been able to stop thinking about Leo. When she literally runs into him at her house she is surprised. He’s there for a job, which
Jennifer Pierson
I'm not sure what I expected when I started Bound to Break, but it certainly wasn't the story that I got, because I was 100% gripped from the get go. And because the very talented Rachael Tonks completely transported me into Leo & Cassie's world, I have to start out with talking about how insanely ENRAGED I am by that ending! Yeah yeah, I know, that whole Book 1 was a hint that it was very likely that I was going to be left hanging off the side of a cliff by a fingernail on a windy day, but ...more
Clare Harrison
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complications at birth left her motherless until a replacement was found.

Her father has high expectations of her, but her dreams lie in the land of dance.

He crashes into her world literally. Bloodied and battered.

Motherless and homeless trouble not far behind him.

The evil stepmother takes him under her wing but at a high cost...

Wow I totally was not expecting this book to have all that it does crammed into it!

Love, hate, secrets, lies, and ghosts from the past makes for one exciting read!

Cassi
Becky Wise
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my...….Bound to Break is an absolutely brilliant read. You will just grow to love Cassie and Leo as the story goes on. And you may want to slap a certain MILF many times over. I do love Cassie and Leo together. Leo is put in a sticky position and you just want to see everything work out with Cassie. The chemistry between Leo and Cassie is so strong from the very beginning. Cassie may be a bit sheltered but you can see her light shinning bright and ready to break out. Leo is just the one Cassi ...more
Tracy W (Tracy&HelensRomanceBlog)
I don’t even know where to begin with this review.....maybe I should start with how AMAZING it is.....this is hands down BRILLIANT and a must read!!

Rachael has a way with words, she is able to write a story that captures you from the minute you start reading. Bound to Break is unbelievably fantastic...it’s full of drama, romance...and has you on the edge of your seat the whole time!

Leo and Cassie both have troubled pasts...throughout the book you’re left wondering what’s happened! It keeps you
Kari Hansen
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassie comes from an affluent background, but she also has a dark past. The one love in her life is dancing even if no one supports her in her dream. When an injured Leo ends up on their property and she feels an instant connection to him.

Leo is running from his own past. When Cassie’s family offer him shelter and a job it is the second chance that he so desperately needs. Although he has deep feelings for Cassie he not only doesn’t want to lose this opportunity but he believes she deserves bet
Wendy Livingstone
This is the first book in a new series from this talented author, and what an introduction this is! Leo is from the wrong side of the tracks, and is on the run from his past. Cassie is from a wealthy family, yet she certainly has her own demons to overcome. These two complete each other, and the chemistry between them if intense. This is a beautifully written story, which is filled with angst, drama, twists, secrets, suspense, and love. I cannot wait for the next book in this amazing series, and ...more
Gwen Shafer
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Leo and Cassie. All Cassie wants is a career in dancing. Until she runs into Leo again and things start to look different for her. But Leo has a past that he cant hide from. I hate Liza the evil step mother. Her character was perfect for the story line.But i really wanted to throat punch her. The ending yep wanted to throw my kindle. But i loved this book from beginning to end. Gripping entertaining well written enjoyable. Hopefully i don't have to wait to long to see what happens between ...more
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this is an young adult growing up one from the wrong side of the tracks one who looks to be leading the perfect life.
Leo and Cassie have chernoff the charts but can they keep it going or will their pasts come between them?
I love stories like this , the whole love from a young age and self doubt .
E&A Book
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful must read about two people hiding secrets, but fall in love with one another. With drama, a evil step-mother, secrets, and the ending will leave you wanting more. I can not wait to see how this story ends.
Autumn Bryant
Amanda Lee
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an exciting read, I couldn't put it down. There were many twists and turns that had me cursing and I was glued to the pages. Cassie and Leo come from different backgrounds but both have their own demons to face. They compliment each other so well. I definitely recommend this to anyone.
Barbara Abney
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting story with twists and turns that keep you glued to your Kindle! This is Leo and Cassie's story and it has angst and drama and is emotional. It does end on a cliffhanger and I can't wait for the next book!
R yatsko
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassie, a college student, who is also a dancer, finds Leo..
...Leo has secret, is trying make new life for himself

This is great beginning of series, some secrets come out and some stay hidden
... this book is emotional, intriguing, and also enduring, needing more..

Anxious about what will happen next... can’t wait for the next book! ~wtmo
mybookcraze
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2019, jan-2019
*Received an ARCin exchange for an honest review*

I liked parts of this book. While some parts not so much. The stepmother was super annoying. I liked how Cassie stood up to her. I didn't as she hid it from her father. She should have been straight forward from the beginning. I hated Leo circumstance. My heart broke for him.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 Cranky Stars

Holy Cliffhanger Batman!!!!

This book is filled with mystery and suspense and a whole lot of amazing first love feels. Rachel Tonks is a new author to me and I'm definitely hooked.

Cassie is a quiet and reserved girl until you piss her off. Very few can bring out her inner bi*** like her step mom Liza, who just loves tormenting Cassie. While Cassie tries to steer clear of Liza she finds herself being drawn in to Leo.

Leo is on the run after fighting to stay alive. He finds himself bro
Debby M
Jan 22, 2019
Rakhi
Feb 15, 2019
Ida
Jan 18, 2019
Rachael Tonks
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cara
Jan 22, 2019
S08H (Morelli)
Jan 27, 2019
Rachael Tonks is a contemporary romance author with a love of books, and a particular love of the romance genre. As a child Rachael could always be found with her head in a book, but it wasn't until the beginning of 2015 when Rachael's love of books really took over.
Reading spurred on her desires to put pen to paper, and write down the story of the characters screaming for their story to be told.