Start by marking “Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game” as Want to Read:
Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game

Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game

British sleuth Sherlock Holmes can solve any mystery from a small clue. American traveler Pollyanna Whittier can only see the good side of every situation. The only thing they have in common is their friendship with Dr. John Watson. When Pollyanna shows up in London with a mystery for Holmes to solve, she decides to teach the detective the Glad Game: a way of remaining opt ...more
Published November 23rd 2018 by Self Published

To ask other readers questions about Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game

Start your review of Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game
Whispering Stories
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Wow! The author Matt Ferraz amazed me with Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game. I am old enough to remember the “Pollyanna” philosophy from the 1960 Disney movie, and I have always tried to look for the positive in every circumstance, no matter how bad the situation. The author cleverly borrows the popular character from Eleanor H. Porter’s ‘Pollyanna’ novel published in 1913, and the ever popular Sherlock Holmes novels by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

In this no
Shalini
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
With a title like this, how could I not be intrigued?! How could my interest not be piqued?! How could I not remember Benedict Cumberbatch?! Sighhhh...

A story by Matt Ferraz which brought together two characters Sherlock Holmes and Pollyanna into a tale with suspense and mystery which goes in every Holmes and Watson story along with the cheerfulness of Pollyanna with her new Glad Game of positivity wherein every cloud has a silver lining.

Pollyanna first meets up with Mrs Hudson and Dr Watson a
Dora  (Swift Coffee Book Blog)
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review: http://swiftcoffee.blog/2018/12/05/sh...

This was an entertaining book! I first was afraid that Sherlock and Pollyanna - these two things wouldn't mix very well, the originals being so different, but it actually worked quite great. The style fairly imitates that of the original Sherlock's and it goes unexpectedly well with Pollyanna and the mystery she brings to this novel. Pollyanna doesn't lose herself in spite of it being more of a Sherlock Holmes than a Pollyanna story. The way
Marja McGraw
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game by Matt Ferraz was a delightful addition to light-hearted mysteries.

When people say, “Oh, don’t be such a Pollyanna,” they’re referring to a character from an old book whose sunny outlook is constant. Now imagine Sherlock Holmes meeting Pollyanna and you have a recipe for both danger and fun. Dr. Watson brings the two together when Pollyanna needs help with a dangerous criminal.

Having a bad day? Need something to brighten your outlook? Love mysteries? This is th
Susan
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This was a gift and I was happy to read a funny playful story mash up of Sherlock Holmes and Pollyanna (yes, THAT Pollyanna). I’ve been a Sherlockian forever and loved Pollyanna and her Glad Game as a child. Somehow it just did not work, though, and I finished it hastily to return to real books!
Missi Martin (Stockwell)
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson, you will LOVE this interpretation of them. Matt Ferraz shows you a delicate side to the detective and doctor in Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game......you will be GLAD you read it !!!

In Sherlock Holmes and the Glad Game Doctor Watson is dealing with the apparent death of Sherlock Holmes. Holmes went to confront an enemy and the two were last seem falling over a cliff. Even though the bodies were never found, it is presumed they both died. Wh
Steph Warren
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book, with thanks to the author. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

This fascinating mashup of two very different literary characters and styles begins by capturing the essence of the original characters, then quickly evolves into something new as the sardonic logic of the British genius and saccharine morality of the American ingénue influence each other and the styles meld somewhere between the two.

Reading the story I strongly felt the influence,
Alana
Vicki Austen
rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2019
Mark Handley
rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2019
Dec 17, 2018
Dennis Tungate
is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2019

• Sherlock Holmes: The Colours at Waterloo and Other Stories (Cases of Singular Interest #6)
  • THE ILLUMINATION OF SHERLOCK HOLMES a gripping mystery inspired by the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (The Odyssey of Sherlock Holmes Book 3)
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Unholy Trinity
  • Treasure of the Incas (A Sherlock Holmes Uncovered Tale Book 13)
  • The Darkened Village: A Sherlock Holmes Adventure
  • Fields' Guide to Abduction (Poppy Fields Adventures #1)
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Giant Rat of Sumatra
  • Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Crippen: The North London Cellar murder (the 'crime of the century') as recorded by Dr. John H. Watson
  • Strangled Eggs and Ham (Country Store Mysteries #6)
  • The Sequestered Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Part II: The Tragedy of the Salopian Roses and Three Short Stories
  • The Adventure of the Pinched Palimpsest: A New Sherock Holmes Mystery (New Sherlock Holmes Mysteries Book 37)
  • Needled to Death (A Helping Hands Mystery #1)
  • Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson: The Early Adventures Volume I
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Giant's Hand and Other Stories
  • Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe
  • Murder in an English Village (Beryl and Edwina Mystery #1)
  • The Case of the MelRoy Theater Ghost
  • The Chronicles of Sherlock Holmes
Author of all trades, Matt Ferraz has written thrillers, sci-fi, cozy mysteries and a lot of witty e-mails that sadly can't be published. With a degree in journalism and a masters in biography, Matt has works published in English, Italian and Portuguese, and loves trying new genres.