Start by marking “Finding Peace in Times of Tragedy” as Want to Read:
Finding Peace in Times of Tragedy

Finding Peace in Times of Tragedy

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Finding peace in times of worldwide trauma is difficult, and finding peace in times of personal trauma such as a family death or tragedy can be overwhelming. Trauma expert and family therapist Christy Monson professionally and compassionately describes how tragedy physically changes the brain and the body.

Chapters are interspersed with moving, first-hand accounts that span
Published April 1st 2019 by Familius

To ask other readers questions about Finding Peace in Times of Tragedy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Peace in Times of Tragedy

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Finding Peace in Times of Tragedy
Mary Kenyon
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I worried about my children after their dad died, particularly the youngest three girls. I still worry about how this early loss will affect them in life, because I have no doubt it will. Sometimes, I hesitate reading books about tragedy, particularly when I know parental loss will be mentioned (as it is in this book), afraid they might add to my worry and anxiety. Instead, Christy Monson's book ended up being helpful, and is one I would recommend my children read. Anyone who has experienced ...more
Carolyn Frank
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recently, I have become interested in the subject of PTSD. I loved how author, Christy Monson weaved personal stories of tragedy into an instructional format to help anyone, from a regular Jo-lene like me to a professional therapist, how to deal with PTSD. The stories were well written. They pulled me in like a novel, and found myself hurting for the victims in those stories. She followed up with solutions of how one in a similar situation could help themselves deal with their tragedy.
I heartily
Margot
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was touched and uplifted by this beautifully written book. Everyone is going to face times of loss in their lives, and this book expertly shows the way back to joy. I especially enjoyed the real-life stories she uses to illustrate her points.
Ashley Jacobs
marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2019

• The Blink of an Eye: What Dying Taught Me About Living
  • The Feathered Bone
  • Comfort for the Grieving Spouse's Heart: Hope and Healing After Losing Your Partner
  • Aging Joyfully
  • Barking to the Choir: The Power of Radical Kinship
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive, Live Happy: 101 Stories about Creating Your Best Life
  • Serious Writers Never Quit: They Find The Way
Christy Monson has a B.S. degree in Child Development and Psychology from Utah State University, and an M.S. in Counseling Psychology and Marriage & Family Therapy from University of Nevada at Las Vegas. She established a successful counseling practice in Las Vegas, Nevada. She has been married 50 years and raised six children who are all college graduates. She loves to write and enjoys adding ...more