Start by marking “Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)” as Want to Read:
Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)

Break the Day

(Midnight Breed #16)

After a shocking betrayal nearly killed him and the people he cares about the most, what Breed warrior Rafe wants more than anything is revenge against the insidious brotherhood called Opus Nostrum. But to achieve that goal, he must turn his back on the Order and infiltrate a dangerous gang with ties to Opus. Risking everything to redeem himself and carry out his deep-cove ...more
Published July 30th 2019 by Lara Adrian, LLC (first published July 27th 2019)

Start your review of Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
Kat Valentine
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another utterly fabulous read ,I always get so excited when a new book comes out from the amazingly talented writer!!! I love visiting the world of these otherworldly vampires!!! And Rafe and Devony's book was all I could have hoped for!!! After what happened to rafe in Claimed in Shadows by that conniving bitch Iona ,rafe felt not only betrayed but also responsible for those who died at the peace talks.So when he goes undercover to get closer to finding the heads of Opus Nostrum he crosses path ...more
Sophia Triad
It is always nice to come back to this world!

Rafe and Devony

Rafe is the only son of one my favourite couples in Midnight Breeds. He is the son of Dante and Tess (Kiss of Crimson). Being a Breed warrior, he does not hesitate to take his efforts to the extreme..
As a result, while he tries to infiltrate Opus Nostrum group, he will become an enemy of his old team and he will be pushed away by his old co-warriors and childhood friends.

Devony on the other hand pretends to be human, although she is no
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I can’t believe that BREAK THE DAY is already the sixteenth book in the Midnight Breed series. Lara Adrian pens another fun and exciting story for readers with Rafe and Devony.

Now with so many books already out in a series, often a series can get a little bit old or repetitive. However, I found that with this series, and this book in particular, Lara Adrian is capable of bringing forth stories that are fun and engaging without being too repetitive. Take Rafe’s situation for example. As a fo
Stacie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 "Undercover" Stars!

Scholar inArmor
AFTER READING:

Rafe & Devony were so exciting to read about. Their relationship simple yet dynamic, sincere without too much drama. Both main characters had a behavior that was understandable, both of them had trust issues.

One of the main reasons I love Lara Adrian is her habit of planning ahead. When asked about her 2nd Arc of the series she said that there will be 8 books. One book was with Zael & Brynne and the main reason for this book was to introduce us to the culture of Atlanteans. Other
AJ
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

You would think that after 15 books in this series, plus a whole heap of novellas, that it may be running out of steam. But nope! Book #16 in the Midnight Breed series, and this book is just as exciting and unexpected as its predecessors, with a beautifully passionate and emotional love story. I loved it, and was hooked from start to finish!

I am loving this second story arc featuring the children of the original couples of the series, and this time, it’s Rafe’s turn. Rafe Malebranche
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Rafe and Devony were brilliant! I loved Devony’s feisty attitude and her sharp mind. She had a lot of grief and angst to work through and Rafe was in the right place at the right time to fill that need.

Even though he looked like a rough and tough warrior, Rafe’s innate goodness still peeked through, showing a very humane side. His duty to the Order versus his feelings for Devony highlighted his indecisiveness, while driving the point home just how torn he was between his past and future.

These
I was so excited when I found out this was Rafe's book. I love his parents (Tess and Dante from book 2 in the series, Kiss of Crimson) and I've liked what we've seen of his character in the last few books so I was curious to meet the woman who would steal his heart. Rafe is still reeling from the betrayal he suffered in the previous book and it's made him more determined than ever to help the Order bring down the Opus Nostrum terrorist group. So much that he's agreed to go undercover and he's ev ...more
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh Boy I really enjoyed Break the Day. This is Rafe's story he is the son of Tess and Dante from bk2 Kiss of Crismson Midnight Breed series.

Rafe is on a mission to get back his good name. After almost causing the death of all the people he love when he was betrayed by the women he love He is also, undercover! He is determined to bring down Opus Norstrum Opus Norstum is trying to take power of the world. Rafe meets Devony/Brinks when is infiltraing a gang believed to have ties to Opus Norstrum.
Ronda
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favourites
Fabulous!!
Sanna
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 // Arc through Bookfunnel

I've read this series since the very beginning over a decade ago; it's a favourite among all my favourite series. While I love it, it might not be to your taste if your taste differs from mine. If you don't like action, romance, vampires, paranormal, this is not for you. If you like those things, you might like it, but as said, our tastes might differ. This is written in my own words in point of view of my own experience of this title and series it's a part of.

This i
Miladylc
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: midnight-breed
I Loved Break the Day

I Loved this book a number of lol spots through out the book
even one from Chase .
I also like books that have a HEA ending as this one did
I recommend it to every one who enjoys books about
vampires or Breed vampires
shms
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5* Better than the last read, just. Nice romance, the plot about OPUS same same so it's getting tiring. Picking up the plot and where OPUS is at isn't easy when the books are published on a yearly basis. I had to have a quick glance at the last book just to remind myself. This was one of my fav series and Lara Adrian has done well to strech it so far but enough. It's like an ageing athlete, should know to retire when the going's good.
Tanya Davis
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.After the ending of Claimed In Shadows, then reading the blurb for Break The Day, I was seriously worried about Rafe. He had faced a lot and I was scared that he was going to be scarred for life. My fear was quickly assuaged within the first chapter or so, and I felt a ton better.

We are still after the elusive Opus Nostrum, and the investigation c

Alys Baldwin
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic addition to the Breed series. I love Rafe, always have. He’s been so important in other books that him finally getting his own is great. Devony is the perfect mate for him. She is such a strong woman. I just love this series it gets better and better with every book.
Rinou
I thought Rafe needs too much time understanding nothing about what happened in Montreal was his fault, he keeps wallowing in self hate even when everyone around him tells him he's not to blame.
Devony is really interesting, she's on a crusade to avenge her family and for someone who was always put aside by her parents she's really strong and resourceful.
On the other side the plot with Opus Nostrum doesn't really progress.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
After feeling as though he let his team and the Order down when he brought a spy and killer into their home, Rafe thinks the only way to make amends is to take a mission that puts him deep undercover. Only his parents and a few higher-ups know that he really hasn’t parted ways with the Order. While it hurts to lie to his friends and teammates, he uses his cover to get in with a local gang with potential ties to the terrorist group, Opus Nostrum.

Devony’s entire family was killed in the Opus Nost
Mikail Alband
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Break the Day” is a must read! Book 16 of Adrian’s famed Midnight Breed series is an action
packed read! After what felt like a long wait after Aric's book, this one was definitely worth it! I loved this storyline and the characters!

Daywalker Devony Winters is a strong heroine with a vengeance of her own against Opus Norstrum. Same as Breed Rafe Malabranche who recently had been wronged by the organization. They both meet with a common goal of taking down the organization and work together to a
Karja26
Brigitte
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is just sensational. The next generation of the Breed Warriors is a credit to their parents.

Rafe is feeling guilty about the disaster that occurred in the previous book. He now wants retribution and to achieve that, he risks his reputation.

Devony too, wants retribution for her losses. She will go to any length to get to those responsible for her pain.

After turning his back on the Order, Rafe infiltrates a gang which hopefully will lead him to the Opus Nostrum. He meets Devony who ha
Lori Keibler McCarthy
Fantastic Continuation Of Dark Great Longstanding Series.

I've waited a long time for Rafe's story, I remember reading Tess and Dante's story in paperback form a long time ago as one of the beginning books in this wonderful long running series. For newbies to this series(spoiler) their his parents. Rafe's story really began in the prior book when he was tricked by an Opus operative. This deception changed him, and not for the better. He became bitter and single minded in his need for revenge and
Joy Niemeier
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was nonstop packed with heat, action, and surprises. Lara Adrian again delivers an amazing breed story expanding further into the new generation of Breed Warriors especially against their enemy Opus Nostrum. In this book we uncover Dante's son Rafe, and the aftermath from Aric's book and watch him finally start to recover and go after his goal of figuring out who is behind Opus Nostrum. We also meet Devony, another daylighter who's family was well respected and involved with JUSTIS. We ...more
Teresa
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant, engaging story in this ongoing series. I must confess when I started it I had forgotten what Rafe had gone through in the previous book. Didn't take long for the memories to surface and this definitely isn't a standalone. You really need to start at the beginning to understand the relationships and how this world works.

This story arc has been going now for quite a few books and I really like that the story is unfolding at a good steady pace. I like that each story really cent
Denise
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breed warrior Rafe Malebranche (son of Dante and Tess) seeks revenge and retribution against the enemy known as Opus Nostrum after a betrayal nearly cost him those he cares most about. He goes deep under cover to infiltrate a gang with ties to Opus and seemingly turning his back on his best friends. Determined, powerful and willing to do what it takes to bring Opus down, Rafe is a consummate and worthy hero.

Beautiful, strong and determined, Devony Winters, a daywalker passing as a human, has wo
Selina Durio
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rafe finally got his own story! Rafe felt responsible for the almost deaths of the Order in Montreal and is doing everything he can to take down the Opus Nostrum. During that quest he meets Brinks. As they both work undercover to infiltrate any group with ties to Opus, they become close. While this book answers a few questions left by other installments, it also poses others. Everything isn’t always as it seems.
Margaret
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the first page. I love the Midnight Breed series and Devony and Rafe's book is another great story. There is action and romance, betrayal and redemption and the fight to save the world continues, the Order won't stop until Opus Nostrum is defeated. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Kristy Odom
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! I love these Breed novels! From the night Rafe and Devony met it was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I loved how fast he fell for her. She was take no prisoners trying to figure out what her father had left behind. I never saw the twist coming. Never thought it would be so close. I absolutely love this series!
Khrista Baxter
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love undercover

Break the Day is simply amazing!! The story is very consuming you won't want to put it down.
Rafe goes undercover in Break the Day, he has a score to settle with Opus Norstrum. The mole they planted did a number on him that almost got people he loved killed, it's personal now. Going undercover with a gang in Boston isn't going to be easy with his friends and fellow order members in the same area. At first everything was on schedule, the last thing Rafe expected was Brinks. A beaut
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
This was a fun, sexy vampire romance that I was thoroughly entertained by. I do have to admit to not loving this series as much as I loved the original start of the series. After the kids started getting their mates, I just wasn't as into it. That said, it's still a fun read. Just not as awesome as the first story arc.
Ann
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
4,5 stars for this fabulous book!

As a huge fan of the Midnight Breed series I couldn’t wait to get started as soon as the ARC arrived on my Kindle.

Lara Adrian just never disappoints, just never ever. I love how she writes about the next generation, how every story fits so perfectly in the storyline and yet you can read it as a stand alone. Reading Break the Day felt like homecoming...like seeing members of the family who you haven’t seen for a while.

Break the Day is about Rafe (Xander) son of D
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Beware the Darkness (Guardians Of Eternity, #14)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • The Jackal (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp, #1; Black Dagger Legacy, #5)
  • Conquer the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #15)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
  • The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Sacrifice of Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15.1)
  • Broken Dawn (Immortal Guardians, #10)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Demon Unleashed (Stealth Guardians #7)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
LARA ADRIAN is a New York Times and #1 internationally best-selling author with nearly 4 million books in print and digital worldwide and translations licensed to more than 20 countries. Her books have been named among Amazon’s Top Ten Romances of the Year, and have also been nominated by readers multiple times as finalists for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance of the Year. Reviewers hav ...more

Midnight Breed (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8)
  • Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)

News & Interviews

“Ah, fuck,” he uttered raggedly against her lips.
“This wasn’t supposed to happen. You weren’t supposed to happen, Devony.”
She hadn’t been prepared for him, either.”
3 likes
“You’re not alone anymore,” he uttered, his deep voice raw with tenderness…and desire.
“Make me believe it, Rafe.”
2 likes