Jump to ratings and reviews
SHE’S GOT THE GOODS . . .
As a former military spouse, Sarah Winston’s learned a little about organizing, packing, and moving. Her latest project sounds promising: a couple of tech-industry hipsters, newly arrived in her Massachusetts town, who need to downsize. Unfortunately, when Sarah tries to sell their stuff, she discovers it’s all stolen—and she’s the unwitting fence.

BUT SARAH’S PROBLEMS ARE JUST BEGINNING
Michelle, an old friend of Sarah’s from the Air Force base, is in line for a promotion—but not everyone is happy about it, and she’s been hit with an anonymous discrimination complaint. When one of the men she suspects is behind the accusations turns up dead in Michelle’s car, Sarah needs to clear Michelle’s name—as well as her own for selling hot merchandise. And she’ll have to do it while also organizing a cat lady’s gigantic collection of feline memorabilia, or they’ll be making room for Sarah in a jail cell . . .

276 pages, Mass Market Paperback

Published July 30, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sherry Harris

18 books538 followers
Sherry Harris started bargain hunting in second grade at her best friend’s yard sale. She honed her bartering skills as she moved around the country while her husband served in the Air Force. Sherry uses her love of garage sales, her life as a military spouse, and her time living in Massachusetts as inspiration for the Sarah Winston Garage Sale series. Tagged for Death, first in the series, will be out in December 2014.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
6 (1%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 124 reviews
Profile Image for Mallory.
983 reviews53 followers
June 6, 2021
I really love this cozy mystery series!! Each volume is full of humor, mystery, and intrigue and this one was no exception. Sarah Winston is one of my favorite amateur sleuth and I loved the mystery she got mixed up in this time as it was such a believable story line. Sarah Winston is doing her job holding a garage sale for a sweet hipster couple when all of a sudden cop cars appear and Sarah finds herself arrested because all of the goods were stolen and the hipster couple was no where to be found. Then before she catches her breath after being released on her own recognizance she, her brother, and her friend discover a body in her friend’s car. The stakes a little higher this time for her as she tries to investigate while passing every clue off to law enforcement to try to get her felony charges dropped.
Profile Image for Deacon Tom F.
1,652 reviews125 followers
December 17, 2020
This was a very interesting book fill of twists and turns.

It starts out with our main character being arrested at a garage sale. Wild!

One really impressed me about this book it was it’s 100% accuracy of military term analogy, lifestyle, and problems. It is rare to find a book that gets it totally correct. As a retired Air Force officer, this sort of lazy handling of military specifics drives me up the wall. However, Sherry Harris hit it right in the bull’s-eye.

It is a fast pace booking an easy read and it has lots of scene changes as well.

Is there a new joy this book and recommend it to others.
Profile Image for Chatting About Cozies.
1,118 reviews48 followers
July 1, 2019
A pageturner! As the story begins, former military spouse and currently divorced protagonist, Sarah Winston is duped by a couple who hire her to sell stolen goods at a garage sale. They’ve flown the coop leaving Sarah in trouble with the law. If that wasn’t enough, one of Sarah’s enlisted friends, Michelle, is having problems with harassment at the Air Force Base and is accused of murder. Sarah knows she’s innocent, but finding the real killer is a daunting task.

Ms. Harris pens a great blend of intrigue and humor in book 7 of the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mysteries. Many familiar characters from previous stories step up to help defend Sarah and help find the serial burglars scamming innocent folks out of money.

Don’t miss this exciting addition to this excellent cozy series!

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and Kensington Publishing. Thank you.
Profile Image for Mark Baker.
2,016 reviews141 followers
July 30, 2019
Sarah Winston’s latest garage sale turns into a disaster when the police show up just after she has opened. It turns out Sarah is selling stolen goods, and the people who hired her have vanished without a trace, making it look even more like she is guilty. That night, Sarah meets up with her friend Michelle at a local bar. Michelle, who is up for a promotion in the Air Force, is facing a bogus discrimination complaint. The next morning, one of the men Michelle thinks is behind her complaint is found dead in her car. Can Sarah clear her friend while keeping herself out of jail?

With two strong mysteries, I’m sure it is no surprise to say that this is a fast-paced book. Sarah is always working on one case or the other, and author Sherry Harris balances them perfectly, so we can easily follow what is happening in both cases. I had a hard time putting the book down, which is standard for this series, and I was satisfied when I reached the ending. The characters are great as always; I’m especially enjoying getting to know Sarah’s brother Luke. This book highlights another issue that career military people face without forgetting that it is a mystery novel first, something I especially enjoy about this series. Now comes the wait for the next time I get to visit Sarah.

NOTE: I received an ARC of this book.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Profile Image for Amy.
492 reviews4 followers
July 21, 2019
Let's Fake a Deal is the seventh book in the Sarah Winston Garage Sale series. Sarah finds herself in handcuffs for possession of stolen property while conducting a yard sale on behalf of her clients she knows only as "The Greens" who purport to be from the Midwest. Concurrently, her military friend on Fitch Air Force Base, Lt. Colonel Michelle Diaz should be celebrating an upcoming promotion. But her happiness is cut short when she is accused of discrimination and now the subject of an internal investigation. She and Sarah blow off some steam at the local military "watering hole" where Major Blade and his underlings are also present; she believes he may be the one who filed the complaint. When the Major is found dead in his car, still parked at the bar, Diaz is the primary suspect. Sarah spends the rest of the book working overtime to clear not only her own name, but also her friend's.

I was initially attracted to this series because I love yard sales and have read the previous books. It can be read as a standalone but it is helpful to have some background on the characters' overall development. Sarah has blossomed over the course of the series; she is an independent woman with her own business and a love interest in Seth, the local District Attorney. I liked that both crimes happened early in the story so that there was plenty of time for plot development and twists. The supporting characters are exactly that; they have helped her get through the tough times and continue to be there for her while also being a sounding board for her theories. The killer and motive was a complete surprise. Overall, an excellent read.

Thanks to NetGalley and Kensington Books for an e-ARC of this book. My review is voluntary.
Profile Image for LORI CASWELL.
2,352 reviews268 followers
August 3, 2019
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Sarah Winston barely opens a garage sale for a couple wanting to downsize when the police show up. The couple is nowhere to be found and everything she was trying to sell for them appears to be stolen. Before she knows it she is on the ground and under arrest. As she tries to find the couple that set her up she is also trying to clear her friend Michelle from murder charges. Michelle was up for a promotion with the Air Force when someone files a complaint against her. One of the men she had pegged for the discrimination report turns up dead in HER car! Sarah is also working on a fabulous feline garage sale too. That is if she stays out of jail long enough for the Cat-tastic Garage Sale to take place.

Hold on tight, Sherry Harris has twisted together a terrific mystery that is impossible to put down!

The first scene grabbed my attention with a premise I never would have thought of and turns Sarah’s business inside out. Then we move to Michelle’s issue which is too prevalent in the military today sans the murder of course. This author doesn’t shy away from hot topics. She gives a wonderful fictional spin that makes her readers aware and informed.

These characters stole my heart back in the first book Tagged for Death and they continue to impress me book after book. Sarah continues to grow after her divorce while trying to start her new relationship with Seth. Sarah does have a huge heart and is very trusting, which was a big flaw this time. Small towns just aren’t what they used to be anymore.

I love the way recurring characters pop up even in small ways in each story. Whenever Mike “Big Cheese” Titone appears on the scene it always makes me smile. He is not your typical mobster when Sarah is involved. The dialogues between all the characters are excellent and laced with the perfect amount of humor.

This mystery is carefully plotted and develops in a surprising way. Ms. Harris faked me out more than once. Every twist and turn had my mind spinning. I was in the dark right up to the fantastic final reveal and perfectly delighted to be so.

This is a brilliant addition to this series. It is my new favorite! In fact, it will be the next book on my Bests Reads list for 2019! I absolutely loved it from beginning to end!

I do want to say each book can be read all on its own, but Sarah Winston is an extraordinary protagonist and to truly understand her and where she is in her life now I recommend reading all the books in order.

2,619 reviews32 followers
August 3, 2019
Sarah is running a garage sale for a couple of tech-industry people, when the police show up and she is accused of having stolen goods. She finds out that the couple were crooks who set her up to sell the goods for them. Michelle is up for promotion but someone isn’t happy about it and she has an anonymous discrimination complaint against her. Michelle and Sarah go out drinking together, getting a ride home from Sarah’s brother. When they go back to get their cars, one of them men Michelle thought was against her is dead in her car. While she tries to defend herself and Michelle she is also juggling a new boyfriend and running a garage sale for a cat lovers, from a cat lady’s collection.
Profile Image for Peggy R.
1,012 reviews65 followers
July 2, 2019
I really enjoy this series and I thought this book was one of the best in the series so far. Sarah Winston is an engaging character that is relatable to readers. She is warm, sympathetic, and finally finding her footing now that she and her ex-husband are officially through. I liked the way the author provided closure for Sarah and her readers with respect to her relationship with ex-husband CJ. There is also a nice, diverse cast of secondary characters that make a return appearance and assist Sarah with her sleuthing.

Sarah's penchant for trouble finds her having to solve a mystery that makes her look like she stole items to sell at her garage sale as well as clear a friend from the military base of murder. The plot moved quickly and the mystery unfolded in some unexpected ways. There were plenty of twists and turns that really made me think about who committed these crimes. The author does a fantastic job of solving both mysteries in an unexpected way.

I am a fan of this series and will definitely continue as long as Ms. Harris continues to write about this character.

I voluntarily read a digital ARC provided to me by the publisher through Netgalley.
Profile Image for Traci.
853 reviews40 followers
March 24, 2020
Really good! I enjoyed the dual storylines here, as Sarah is trying to clear her name (possessing stolen goods) and her friend's (murder). Wish I could grab the next book right away, but going to have to wait for a while.
Profile Image for Kaitlyn Dunnett.
Author 18 books324 followers
July 31, 2019
I had already started two other novels when Sherry Harris's new garage sale mystery was released. It didn't matter. I dropped both and started reading yesterday and finished today. It's another page turner, with a great twist at the end. Actually, it contains a couple of great twists, one to do with the mystery and the other concerning Sarah's love life. I've loved this series from the start and am already looking forward to the next one.
Profile Image for Lisa Morin.
1,652 reviews44 followers
June 17, 2019
This is a great series and Let's Fake a Deal by Sherry Harris is a mind blowing story that's sure to leave the reader guessing until the end.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for approving me to read an advanced copy of this book.
830 reviews4 followers
August 19, 2020
This is a fun, interesting series. Sarah helps others plan, price and get their yard sales together. Somehow in doing this she always becomes involved in murders and other crimes she does her best to solve. Of course, the police really don't want her help, but what is a girl to do.
Profile Image for Emilia.
269 reviews23 followers
January 7, 2020
Wow. Full of action, fast paced, no dragging the plot. Very likable and relatable characters, I'd like to meet them one day👍
246 reviews5 followers
August 8, 2019
Sarah Winston is running a garage sale for the Greens when the cops arrive and accuse her of selling stolen items. She pleads her innocence, but the police are skeptical, and when they can't find the people she says she's working for, they arrest Sarah.

While she's out on bond, Sarah goes out with her old friend Michelle, who is in line for a promotion on the Air Force base. But she's also facing an anonymous discrimination complaint. After a night of partying, Sarah's brother Luke drives the pair home. When they come back in the morning they find a dead body in Michelle's car.

It's up to Sarah to get to the bottom of things, since officials seem destined to accept the easy solution, which is the wrong one.

The Sarah Winston Garage Sale mysteries are the perfect cozy series. They have rich characters, intricate plots, and contain lots of laughs. I love Sarah and her friends, and it makes for hour of reading fun.

This time around, Sarah is faced with two mysteries, one of them involving her own arrest. Seeing Sarah arrested added a lot of depth to the story. Her emotions in this book are close to the surface, and as I read it I felt what she was feeling. It made Sarah very real to me. That's why it really impressed me that while she was facing her own problems and the reality of jail time, that she threw herself into the action of trying to save her friend Michelle. Solving two mysteries at once is tough, but Sarah did it with style.

All the while she's doing this she's also running her garage sale business, including setting up a cat garage sale that I wanted to be real so I could make a few purchases.

The Garage Sale mysteries have it all, and Let's Fake a Deal is a fantastic addition to the series.

I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Profile Image for Kirsti.
2,456 reviews83 followers
July 17, 2019
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the chance to read this book.

Ohhh a military mystery? This is a theme that I haven't come across and know little about. Then you add in the garage sale element (which is totally different to the casual and laid back Sunday morning garage sales in Australia) and you have yet another layer to add interest and color to the story. I personally love a secondhand bargain, and the thrill of the hunt/unknown have me chasing the next big steal.

I LOVED Sarah as a character too; she's established in this community with her friend network but at the same time she's trying new things and the mystery involves not just her, but a good friend as well. The romance seemed interesting to me, and it obviously set up in previous books as it has a solid foundation by this one.

The actual mystery was really well done and the connections were all there, you just need to see past some things. It made it so satisfying to see the culprits caught in the end too!

This looks like a great series that you can dive into at any time. I'm definitely going back to read the previous books! Five stars.
Profile Image for Patty.
1,553 reviews1 follower
August 1, 2019
Let's Fake a Deal by Sherry Harris is the 7th book in the Garage Sale Mystery series. I love this series, and this book is no exception. Sarah Winston is a well developed main character, who I really like. Sarah makes a living by organizing sales for people and businesses. Sarah once again is caught up in trouble, when she is having a garage sale for a young couple, and all the items are stolen. With the couple no where in sight, Sarah is arrested. On top of that, Sarah goes out with a friend, the next morning when they come to pick up her friend's car there is a dead body in it. This mystery has it all, a great plot that is well developed along with great characters. I strongly recommend this book for all cozy mystery lovers, To get the most out of the books read them in order, you won't be disappointed. I can not wait for Sarah's next adventure. Strongly recommend.

Profile Image for Christa.
2,214 reviews419 followers
January 31, 2020
This book finds Sarah Winston arrested when the couple whose garage sale she is running take off and leave her with stolen property. On top of the worries about how her own case will turn out, her friend, Michelle, is the main suspect in a murder. Sarah has to make certain that the true culprits are found in both cases.

Sarah was at her best in this one, and was charming and courageous. I enjoyed the normal supporting cast of characters. It was great to see her brother, Luke, more. The storyline in this one had lots happening and kept me interested. This was a good one!
Profile Image for Sanderella.
390 reviews
May 30, 2021
A page turner for sure!! Sarah sure gets herself into some dandy jams......
Profile Image for Blaine DeSantis.
881 reviews103 followers
August 15, 2019
Thanks to the folks at NetGalley for providing me with a free book in return for an honest review. Garage Sales, Stolen Property and Murder, what a lovely combination and all of this is set forth in this new book by Sherry Harris. I never really read cozy mysteries prior to joining NetGalley and it books like this that make me wonder why I never read this genre. A well-written mystery in which our heroine stages Garage Sales and is eventually arrested for selling stolen property. That mystery might not be enough to keep things rolling, but out of the blue her friend, Michelle, is now charged with the murder of a Military officer. There was bad blood between Michelle who is also a military officer and the now deceased Major Blaze and this makes Michelle the leading culprit for the crime and how we have both stolen property and murder to entertain us. Along the way we meet the eccentric Kitty Thompson who is in love with all things cats and we have some delightful portions regarding this sale. This book is a fast-paced and easy read. It is a book that is tightly and well written and has a plot that keeps you guessing as to the perpetrator up to the very end. Very good plot work by Ms. Harris. I give this a 4**** because there are some secondary characters that are a bit wooden if you have not read prior books by Harris. I do hope she continues her Garage Sale Mysteries. They are fun and perfect light reading!
Profile Image for Betty.
2,006 reviews50 followers
July 4, 2019
HORRORS! Sarah Winston has been arrested for having stolen items in her provision in the seventh book of the Garage sales mysteries. Vincenzo DiNapoli has her out of jail in no time. As Sarah begins to explore if the goods at the garage sale are stolen, it becomes clear that she had been set up and she will have to work to clear her name. In the meantime her friend, Michelle has been a charge with unknown accusation against her. Sarah and Michelle return to the latter's car and they find a man sitting the MURDERED in the car? Sarah must find answers as to who set her up for stolen items and why? Sarah is helping Michele clear her name. Why did someone used the car to murder Michelle's the next in command? Sarah next garage sale will feature cats is an intriguing side feature. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK AND SERIES..

DISCLOSURE: Thanks to Kensington Books for A copy through NetGalley. The opinions expressed are my own.
Profile Image for Blaine DeSantis.
881 reviews103 followers
August 15, 2019
Profile Image for Lynn.
329 reviews10 followers
July 15, 2019
What happens when you're arrested for selling stolen goods? Sarah Winston is soon to find out! When new arrivals to the area hire her to help them downsize, she's quick to find out there's more than meets the eye with these two new comers. While she's trying to figure out how to get out of the latest tight spot, without affecting Seth's reputation, she finds herself involved in solving the murder of a local military member, hoping to save her friend Michelle from uncertain punishment.

I love the family atmosphere the characters feel with each other, Seth, Stella, the DiNapoli's and everyone else that comes into contact with Sarah - everyone wants to take care of each other. This particular entry into this series will find repeat readers coming to terms with Sarah's past in a really nice way - I appreciate the way this little surprise ends up. I don't want to spoil it - readers will have to find out on their own. Pick up the newest yard sale mystery - you won't be disappointed!
417 reviews19 followers
July 30, 2019
A fresh and original new cozy mystery involving a major scam, a women obsessed with cats and a murder. The question is can protagonist Sarah Winston clear herself from theft charges, a friend from murder charges and pull off a Cat-tastic Garage Sale.

This is the seventh book in the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery series. I have not read the first six but I had no trouble following the story. Although, I am curious about what happened with her ex husband that she mentions more than once. I guess I will need to go back and read some of the earlier books. Thanks to Kensington books and NetGalley for an ARC. The opinions expressed are my own.
Profile Image for RO G'ma.
1,001 reviews35 followers
July 29, 2019
Let’s Fake a Deal, the seventh book in the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mysteries by Sherry Harris, is a clean and entertaining read. The action starts in the first paragraph, the storyline is well plotted, and the characters are well developed and affable. There are two mysteries to solve, plenty of viable suspects, and enough twists and turns to keep the reader engaged throughout the book. Ms. Harris provides enough character background that this book can be read as a standalone. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading well-crafted cozy mysteries.

Sarah Winston lives in Ellington, Massachusetts and loves garage sales. She manages a virtual garage sale website, provides professional services to people having garage sales, does volunteer work for several organizations, and is dating Seth Anderson, the district attorney for Middlesex County. Sarah is running a garage sale in Billerica, Massachusetts for Kate and Alex Green, a young couple who recently relocated from Indiana and are downsizing when police arrived saying they received a tip that everything being sold was stolen. She explains the house belongs to friends of the young couple and that they are inside making coffee, but they are nowhere to be found, the house is completely empty, and Sarah is arrested for receiving, possessing, and selling stolen property. After an evening celebrating the upcoming promotion of her old friend, Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Michelle Diaz, Sarah calls her brother, to take them home. When he takes them to pick up their cars the next morning, they discover the body of Major Blade, who had been harassing Michelle the previous evening, in her car. Even though she hired Vincenzo DiNapoli, criminal attorney and his investigator, and has Mike ‘the Big Cheese’ Titone, who has mob connections, helping her, Sarah finds herself immersed in finding the Greens and figuring out why they set her up, who murdered Blade and placed him in her friend’s car, and keep her business afloat.

I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it.
Profile Image for K.A. Davis.
Author 3 books446 followers
July 24, 2019
LET’S FAKE A DEAL, the seventh book in the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mysteries by Sherry Harris, is a delightful addition to an entertaining series! The action starts from the very first sentence and the author’s tightly plotted tale kept me glued to the pages. Protagonist Sarah Winston is a well-developed and believable character, one that I could relate to and enjoyed spending time with as the story progressed. While this is a light-hearted cozy mystery, I appreciate that Ms. Harris weaves social issues into the story. In this case, she highlights the harassment enlisted women may face as they serve in the military along with various scams that seem to plague our society, creating a sad state of distrust. The author uses a deft hand as she intertwines the issues into the story creating a believable focus for the murder mystery. In addition to a strong, well-paced plot, the book is character driven and keeps the reader coming back for more.

I was provided an advance copy via Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book).
1,220 reviews20 followers
November 4, 2021
When Sarah Winston's twenty-year marriage dissolved, she decided to stay in Ellington, Massachusetts. It's the last place she and her ex-military husband were stationed, and she's made friends, not to mention starting a new romance with the DA. She has a business where she runs garage sales for people and seems to be making a small profit with it. But when she's running the latest sale in another town, the police show up and arrest her for selling stolen merchandise -- which she didn't know was stolen but they aren't buying it.

To drown her sorrows she goes to the base bar with her friend Michelle, a Lt. Colonel who is up for a promotion to a full colonel but it is being stalled because someone on the base has put in a complaint about her. When Michelle points out the possibility of who it might have been, both of them decide to just have a fun night out and call Sarah's brother Luke to pick them up. But when Luke returns with them the next day to pick up their vehicles, there's a body in Michelle's, and it's the man who filed the complaint about her. Now Sarah has to not only prove her own innocence, she's promised to help Michelle prove hers, also.

But in doing so, she refuses to see her boyfriend because it could harm his chances for re-election, and she doesn't want to do that. Instead, she spends her time working on a sale for a woman obsessed with cats, and trying to stay under the radar of the police. But while looking for the people who hired her to sell the merchandise that was stolen, she comes across the fact that they don't really exist. Except they do...somewhere. Finding them could be a killer...

This is the seventh book in the series and I have read all of them. I have to admit I wasn't impressed by the first in the series, as I didn't really warm up to either Sarah or CJ, they just didn't appeal to me. But I am glad that I stayed with the series, as I really enjoy the books now.

In this latest installment, we have Sarah trying to locate the hipsters that hired her as well as figure out who framed her friend Michelle. But it's not that easy, especially since Michelle is military and they aren't giving her anything to work with; then again, neither are the local police helping Sarah figure out who is trying to frame her. It's a troublesome situation.

But we follow along as Sarah searches for thieves and killers, and the story becomes more twisted and convoluted than Sarah even thought, and watching everything come together is the best part, and even if I did know the murderer before Sarah, it was still fun putting the pieces together. Highly recommended.
Profile Image for The Cozy Review.
499 reviews31 followers
July 17, 2019
Series: A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery - Book 7
Author: Sherry Harris
Genre: Cozy Mystery/Business/Hobby
Publisher: Kensington Books
Page Count: 304

Publishing Date: July 30, 2019

New from Kensington Books comes Sherry Harris’ latest in the “Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery” cozy book series, Let’s Fake a Deal. Sherry Harris is one of the best writers out there today. She knows how to keep readers happy and coming back for more. Her cozy mysteries never fail to delight and entertain. This new book will not disappoint!

Sarah never knew that the garage sale business could be so dangerous. Or that she would find herself continually coming across a murder. But when she gets set up to take the fall for thieves, she is shocked to her core. Why would anyone want to see her locked up for a crime she didn’t commit? She thought being a former military wife would have prepared her for how complicated life can be, but her experience with the military was a piece of cake compared to her career as a business owner.

Characters in this series are the main reason to read this book and the others. As a writer, Ms. Harris has perfected the cast, made the location a place of interest, and given everything a feeling of down-home family life. The recurrent cast in this series is funny, intelligent, a bit naive, yet manage to understand how hard the world can be and are determined to overcome all the odds.

This is a well-written book filled with all the things that make cozy mysteries fun and enjoyable to read. Great characters, a believable plot, and a killer that makes you shake your head in dismay. When all is said and done, the motive is genuine and easily fits in with the society of today's world. The unveiling is proof that an excellent cozy writer can make something ordinary seem extraordinary.

I am happy to recommend Let’s Fake a Deal to fans of cozy mysteries of all varieties. Readers who haven’t read any of the books in this series will be able to pick this book up and know what is going on and who the characters are very quickly. If you have read the other books in the series, you will be enchanted by this new addition.
Profile Image for Amanda.
302 reviews
July 18, 2019
What a wild ride this book is! Right from the start, we're introduced to the first of two big mysteries and then the story is off and running. In Let's Fake a Deal, Sarah finds herself compelled to investigate two separate crimes, following up with suspects, alibis, and motives for both. All the while, she keeps up with her garage sale business and her relationships with her friends, her brother, and her boyfriend Seth. I had no idea who the culprits were behind both crimes in this book and I was pretty satisfied with the conclusion. I love the well written mysteries in this series and following the changes that happen in Sarah's life. Though this is the seventh book in the series, I feel it works well as a stand-alone, too. Sherry Harris keeps me coming back for more and I always look forward to the next book in the series!

I received an advance copy of this book. This review contains my honest thoughts and opinions.
Profile Image for Brenda.
518 reviews22 followers
July 15, 2019
Let's Fake a Deal is the seventh installment in the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery series set in Ellington, Massachusetts and featuring professional garage sale organizer, Sarah Winston. Hired by a young couple to help downsize their home so they can move into a tiny house, Sarah is shocked when the police show up at her garage sale and arrest her for possession of stolen goods. It seems that Alex and Kate Green weren't at all who they claimed to be and Sarah wonders if they purposely set her up for the crime.

While she's trying to track down the Green's and prove that she's not a thief, Sarah is approached by her friend Michelle Diaz, Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force and stationed at nearby Fitch. Michelle is devastated that someone has filed a claim with the Inspector General against her claiming abuse. Michelle is convinced it is one of the men in her squadron who's jealous of her rise to the top.

After a night of drinking at the local watering hole, Sarah and Michelle return to the parking lot to retrieve Michelle's car and are shocked to discover the dead body of Major Blade stuffed in her font seat, considering he's one of the men suspected of trying to sabotage her career it's not surprise when the police take Michelle into custody.

A fast paced plot that weaves two mysteries into one and brings back a few returning characters including Sarah's DA boyfriend Seth Anderson, reputed mobster Mike "Big Cheese" Titone, and criminal attorney Vincenzo DiNapoli. Sarah continues to try and beat Scott Pellner and the local police force to the killer and at times her actions seem a little far fetched.

I received an advanced copy of Let's Fake a Deal from NetGalley via Kensington Publishing. While not required to write a review I am happy to offer my honest opinion.
Profile Image for Sue Em.
1,123 reviews49 followers
August 20, 2019
Top-notch series, and this book maintains the high standards. Always well written, her characters engaging and the mystery entertaining. Sarah Winston's experiences as a military spouse allowed her talent for organizing to fkourish,. Now no longer a military spouse, she has built up a business organizing garage sales. Until the morning when she is handcuffed and arrested for selling stolen property. Desperate to restore her reputation, she begins investigating the shady couple who set her up. Then a good friend is implicated in a murder, and she truly has her hands full. Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 124 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.