Start by marking “Blossom Blood (Guardians of Time Magic)” as Want to Read:
Blossom Blood (Guardians of Time Magic)

Blossom Blood (Guardians of Time Magic)

Asher Blossom only lives for one thing - to honor the dying wish of those he has loved and lost.
He will complete his studies at Cambridge and break free his siblings from the tradition of the Blossom family business. Especially after it held so many secrets, regrets and danger for his parents.

Returning home after nearly three years, he not only realizes how much his youn
ebook, 2nd
Published November 13th 2018 by Fire Quill Publishing (first published August 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Blossom Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blossom Blood

Start your review of Blossom Blood (Guardians of Time Magic)
Shannan Williams
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book last night in a couple of hours, and I can't get it out of my mind. The introduction alone left my jaw hanging open with a major OH MY GOSH!! Asher is an awesome main character and I really feel for him. He has already been through so much, and then...wow, he had no idea what was in store for him when he came home after all those years.
This story is an absolute page turner, mysterious and totally unpredictable. I loved it!
Alice Smith
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Asher Blossom was on a car trip with his parents and girl friend when they were involved in a terrible accident, killing his parents and girl friend. Years later, after attending college, he returns home, where he maternal uncle is caring for his siblings. Strange things begin to happen. Asher finds that the Gugons Institute of the Arcane has written to his Uncle Octavius, demanding that artifacts be returned to keep them out of the wrong hands. Asher discovers that the babysitter is capable of ...more
Bruce Perrin
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Fast-Paced Fantasy with a Twist (and a few typos)

Blossom Blood hooks you quickly with a car crash that claims the lives of three people. Asher Blossom is thrown clear but must deal with the pain and guilt of the incident that took his parents and his girlfriend. Fast forward three years and Asher is returning home from school abroad. And although he’s been in contact with his siblings and his uncle who has been raising them, he’s taken aback by what he finds – a house in disrepair, relatives h
Tanya
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He is working hard at school but trying to keep in touch with his family at home. He lost his love and his parents. He feels guilty and he intends to save his family. He finishes school and goes home where he finds things are different to what he thought. Can he beat the evil stalking the family? See what will happen

Lissette
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Returning home for the first time in three years, the memories of the past hit Asher hard at every turn. Despite this fact, he refuses to forget about the fact that he's lost so much in so short a time. Determined to pick up the fragile pieces that have been left behind, he's not quite prepared for the chaos that hits him full force upon stepping over the threshold of his home. Thrust into a world he knows nothing about--at least from the little he can remember--he soon realizes there's more tha ...more
Donna
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blossom Blood is a wonderful read with intrigue, magic, suspense and time travel. It is well written with wonderful, interesting characters. This is a fast paced adventure involving discovering family secrets. Was able to finish in one setting. Recommend this story. Received a copy from Booksprount and this is my voluntary and honest opinion
Cali Jewel
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally thrilling, highly entertaining and action packed adventure that has many heart pounding twists and turns..... the overwhelming reality when you begin to discover that not everything is always what it seems on the outside and sometimes the people closest to you hide the most.
Alta Schwenk
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This was my first book by this author and it gets a big thumbs up. The story-line is well written and totally unpredictable, with a strong lead character and each character brought their own special part to the book.. A really enjoyable read.

Genelle Themann
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Have you ever experienced Deja Vu?? You know, the feeling that you have seen or done the same thing before. Is it magic or just a trick of the mind. This story throws that feeling into the middle of a family of kids who had lost their parents. Some odd events reveal that all is not normal for this family. But just what is going on? This is an intriguing yet confusing story. Loved the setup and the characters were different but convincing. Time to move further into this tale...

I received a free c
Erin
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read more like a novella with as quickly i finished it.The book had great flow, suspense, and of course magic. All the characters brought somethining interesting to the story. The twins, his uncle, and so many others brought many layers to the story especially the significane of the triangle symbol. Look forward to reading more by this author.
Trish Strong
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A rather engaging, quick little read.Nice mix of magic and intrigue. Easily finished in one sitting.
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blossom Blood by Carlyle Labuschagne is an amazing story that I have read. I loved reading this amazing story about magic and thrillers threw this amazing story. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy, thrillers and magic in their stories.

Mary Brannian
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Asher was home... Finally after three years away. He hoped to return to his childhood home and pick up the threads of his former life. His younger siblings had been watched over by Uncle Octavius, but it was time for Asher to assume the responsibility of head of household, even though he was still reeling from the loss of his parents and the love of his life in a freak car accident that he had survived...

But life at home wasn't at all what Asher expected. His younger sister Brooke has grown into
April
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blossom Blood is a quick and fascinating read. It is not a very long book, yet packs a complete and compelling story in it's limited pages. The story jumps right in and I instantly was intrigued and knew that I had to find out what really happened to Asher and his family the day of the crash. Asher is an interesting character and I enjoyed discovering his families secrets right along with him. Blossom Blood has some great themes such as time travel, action, family, and magic. I definitely would ...more
Charlotte Miller
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Asher is trying to finish college and be responsible for his younger sibling's. Upon returning home, after three years, Asher finds that his family holds secrets that he had no inkling of. He finds that his blood and the blood of his family hold's the secret to a dark family curse, evil, and magic that he never knew his family had.

I received a free copy of this book from Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
CJ Coss
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book so much. I felt like I was in a magical world. It took me back to the days when I read the Harry Potter books. All the magic and chaos. Loved every minute of it. If you loved Harry Potter or The Magicians...you will love this magical book!

Barbara
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an Author that I have not read before. A very different story than I am use to reading. A story that kept me on the edge of my seat until I finished reading. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Agnes Parlocha
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by booksprout. I am leaving this review freely. Although late, I enjoyed reading this book. The stuff that you do for family is unlimited. Hope you read and enjoy. Going to go find the next book. Hope to see you there.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Asher comes home to a mad house. There is mystery and mayhem all around. This book was fast and good. Interesting characters. Good read

Bethany
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
My coworker narrates the audiobook, which is why I listened to it. His voices were great, but the story was lacking. Doesn’t seem like there’s a sequel, but it’s not exciting enough to stand on its own.
Cheryl
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The story held my interest right from the start and I loved the characters.
Jackie
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely one spectacular story that had me reading as fast as possible to see what happens at the end. Can’t wait for another book.
Lea Cherry
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I struggled to get through the book as I do not like 3rd person pov. I had trouble keeping up with who said what or from whose viewpoint the narrative was for. Overall, besides the narrative I struggled with, it was a good book that I eventually enjoyed.
Laurel Heidtman
Jacklynn Sizemore
Dec 06, 2018
Louisa
Apr 14, 2019

• Ghost of the Between World: The Complete Series (Multiverse Collection)
  • Kassandra's Wolf (The Dragon Ruby, #4)
  • Curse of Soulmate
  • Box Set: The Dragon Sea Chronicles
  • Gender Queer
  • Hamilton and Peggy!: A Revolutionary Friendship
  • Stained Bonds (Salsang Chronicles, #4)
  • My Name is Finn Jupiter
  • Soldiers Heart
  • The Wrong Costar (The Wrong Match Book 2)
  • Totem of Aries
  • The Sins of a Child
  • The Teen Witch: Tempest (The Teen Witch Chronicles, #3)
  • Stained Hearts (Salsang Chronicles, #2)
  • Cursed Prince (Lord of the Ocean #1)
  • Barefoot Beach (Harmony Harbor, #8)
  • Tala Phoenix and the Dragon's Lair (Tala Phoenix #2)
  • The Children

Carlyle is a USA Today Bestselling, international bestselling and international award winning Sough African author - with a flair and passion for mixing genres , adding loads of drama to every story she creates. You are sure to lose yourself in the detailed words she dreams up. Carlyle has traveled the world with her books in hopes of connecting with all kinds of book loving people, to learn as mu

News & Interviews