Start by marking “Absolution (Leine Basso Thriller #8)” as Want to Read:
Absolution (Leine Basso Thriller #8)

Absolution

(Leine Basso Thriller #8)

There's one sure way to stop a terrorist...

Leine Basso has severed ties with everyone she loves to keep them safe while she hunts for the ruthless terrorist, Salome. There are rumblings that the French-born assassin is planning another attack, and Leine’s determined to stop her before it’s too late.

Leine must follow her instincts despite a cunning and merciless enemy deter
ebook
Published January 26th 2019 by D.V. Berkom

To ask other readers questions about Absolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolution

Start your review of Absolution (Leine Basso Thriller #8)
HornFan2
I received a free advance ARC copy from the author and I also purchased a copy from amazon.com. Something I like to do, to support my favorite authors.

Absolution starts with a bang, you have Leine Basso and her team in London trying to locate Salome or one of her associate's to enable them to grab her or be able to find out where she is. It's the continuation of the epic battle between Basso and Salome whose a terrorist. It's another amazing read from D.V. and definitely will be a contender for
Sherry Fundin
I got lost in the writing as I am drawn in deeper…and I am not surprised with D V Berkom.

This badass character faces danger in every story and this antagonistic villain has a personal agenda that places Leine Basso in her sights.

Leine Basso will stop at nothing to protect those she loves, so she isolates herself as she hunts Salome, the one that got away in Dark Return.

Danger…intrigue…

Never a dull moment.

Who’s the mole? I figured wrong and D V Berkom is great at surprising me that way. The betra
Michael Arnold
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic action. Just grab you seat and hold on. As usual, great characters and plot.
Cathy
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow. That's it, done: review over. Nothing more to say...just wow!

Speechlessness aside, Berkom has pulled it out of the bag again with her female Bond: spunky heroine, Leine Basso. A white-knuckle ride from start to finish in her quest to find and end one heinous life-devastating terrorist. Enough is enough: Salome has to be terminated. But this is a cat-and-mouse game. Salome has her own plans for the Leopard, Ms Basso. Everyone Leine has ever loved is in danger.

There's no time to br
Ana Manwaring
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers, favorites
I can't get enough of Leine Basso adventures. She's the kick-ass former government trained assassin turned "good guy" operative for SHEN, a non-profit group fighting human trafficking. What could be a more noble occupation than rescuing innocent people (and animals) stolen and sold for profit? But Leine doesn't stop with SHEN rescue assignments, she fights evil where she finds it, including coming to terms with her own dark past.

Now Leine's found the devil herself in the form of the sexy, power
Kim
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leine is back and better than ever……

As someone who has been following the Leine Basso series I was so excited to read this latest installment. It did not disappoint on any level. I thoroughly enjoy the adrenalin-fueled adventure (the author is truly gifted with an abundance of imagination), but I also greatly appreciate the skillful way D. V. Berkom presents the characters with various situations, challenges, and experiences that clearly influence the development of that character. The main stor
Charles Ray
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leine Basso, formerly a government assassin, has tried to distance herself from her former profession by applying her skills to aiding SHEN, an organization devoted to fighting human trafficking. But she is also obsessed with finding Salome, a freelance assassin whose skills match her own, but who prefers working on the dark side. When she gets news that Salome has resurfaced and is planning a new deadly operation, Leine once again severs ties, this time with SHEN, her daughter, April, and Santi ...more
J Earl
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolution is yet another winner from DV Berkom. Her combination of a compelling protagonist in Leine Basso and a well-crafted plot helps to keep this book at the high level of her other books.

The plot moves quickly but never gets convoluted. The twists are more about how Basso will handle the hurdles she encounters as compared to a classic whodunit where there are multiple twists designed to throw off the reader. That said, there are twists here designed to keep the reader guessing some things
Al
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019, kindle
In my review of Dark Return, the prior book in this series, I talked about how the protagonist, Leine Basso, is constantly doing a balancing act between good and evil. She’s helping protect good people from evildoers, but sometimes the things she does to do so would be considered evil if the situation was just a bit different. I also felt that she ended that last book out of balance, leaning a bit too much to the dark side.

This next installment is almost a continuation of that last volume, with
Dawn Gill
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another storming thriller from DV Berkom.
Leine Basso is a kick-arse, take no flack, ex-assassin whose experiences have taught her that in extreme instances the ends can justify the means. And in these instances I agree.
This time Leine is chasing (or is she following?) Salome, from orchestrated disaster to disaster.
It made for a breathless read, and gave me a few restless nights to be honest – which is just what I want from a thriller.
I love and respect Leine. I want to be like her when I grow
DaveandJoan
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How strong does a person have to be to say goodbye to a job, goodbye to her friends, goodbye to her daughter, good bye to her lover and basically goodbye to her life as she once knew it to be.
The author has, again, generated a great story for her heroine Liene Basso that is to say brilliant is too light of a compliment. Maybe, intense or penetrating would be a better descriptor.

The nightmare of cutting herself off of everyone and everything she holds dear to keep them safe but put herself in mo
Pete
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Thriller fans
This really is a classic thriller, with all the elements that you would expect from a top class book in this genre. The writing is tight and exciting, the characters are complex and three dimensional and the story line is compelling with lots of twists and turns. I especially liked the way that sometimes Leine Basso (the heroine) is in control, and at others her adversary, Salome, is calling the shots. Whilst this is a real thriller, the graphic violence is mainly implied (although there are a c ...more
Judy Johnson
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're considering this book, you've picked a good one. If you love a true page-turner, this is the book for you. The storyline pits a former government-trained assassin, now on her own against the evils of the world. Chasing a ruthless terrorist at the expense of turning her back on everyone she loves, this story gives you twists and turns, intrigue and suspense, and action packed into a challenging pursuit of an international assassin and trafficker that will have you on the edge of your s ...more
Julie Howard
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, if you like action adventure stories then you will love this book. Two trained female assassin working for different sides, decided they can't live with the other alive in the world and so go head to head in one explosive book. Not wanting her friends used as bait and not sure who to trust Leine Basso (the heroine) goes it alone, at full throttle.
I have read or listened to all Dv Berkoms books and enjoyed them and this is no exception, with the added bonus of most of action being set in Lon
Suzanne Epperson
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who said knowing how to operate a forklift was a skill no girl needed? Think again.

The game of cat and mouse with her arch enemy Salome is getting old for Leine Basso. Can Leine find and stop her before she destroys everything she holds dear, along with numerous innocents? Can Leine get the Absolution she seeks for her former life? Will Santa ever forgive her?

Read on for a mile a minute thrill ride as Leine does what she does best. The bad guys should really know better than to cross her.

DVBe
LooseBoots
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I most definitely do not recommend you read this book . You won’t like it. The author has no consideration that your heart may not be up to feeling such excitement and action packed adrenaline as this story delivers.
Once again I seriously have had the pleasure of reading one of the best series on the market.
D.V.Berkom is a master storyteller of the highest caliber. You will be cast under her spell the moment you feast your eyes on the first page and you most certainly won’t want to put the book
Georganne
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leine is on the search again for Salome. Leine has severed all ties with her loved ones. She knows that if Salome those close to her, she will she will use them as bait against her. This book is full of action, excitement and suspense. You don’t know what is going to happen next. In the world of terrorists, freelancers, law enforcement and conspiracy, there always layers of loyalty. You never know who to trust or how much. Salome is ambitious. She will now allow anyone to stand in her way, espec ...more
Lee I. Fenicle
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leine Basso is the perfect protagonist. Now, when I say “perfect” I don’t mean she is omnipotent. Sometimes her flaws are glaring; bad choices, caught by surprise when she is working, putting her family or loved ones at risk, experiencing troubled relationships and more. But, what can you expect from a woman who worked as an assassin for her government and later served an organization saving children who are trafficked. At the bottom line, Leine is addictive: once you read one of DV Berkom’s Bas ...more
Richard Lang
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fitting conclusion (of sorts)

Sorry for the cryptic title, but while Absolution seemingly concludes the story arc of the past two books where Leine was sucked back into the world of espionage on an international level, it ain't over. I mean, at the very least we know there's another book in the series (Dakota Burn), to say nothing of one character who appears to have been a double agent.still hanging around, the resumption - or rather the hint of it - of life with Santiago Jensen, her detective
Jay Williams
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a thrilling and scary exposure of the final conflict between Leine and the deadly assassin, Salome. She closes all the people out of her life to protect them, and it does no good. The characters are so well-defined you can see and smell them, and the tension is high as Leine clearly does not know who to trust. The other Leine Basso thrillers should definitely be read before this one to fully appreciate all the nuances in the characters. This book will stir you to your roots.
Bev
Shelves: have-read, own-it
Leine severed her ties with family and friends so she can go after Salome and this time, it's winner take all. Leine chases Salome from London, to Edinburgh to Los Angeles. But Salome had plans of his own. Will this be the end of Leine? Or will she finally get what she is after......the ending of Salome? You will have to read this high energy story to find the answers. I voluntarily reviewed a free ARC of this book.
Pat
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Deadly Game

D.V. Berkom is one fabulous thriller author. Having read all if ger books, I can't recommend her highly enough. Leine Basso, former assassin is now working for SHEN working in the prevention of child trafficking and exploitation. Leine has broken off all ties to SHEN and her partner, detective Santiago to hunt a deadly assassin Salome who is a threat to all those dear to Leine. A deadly game of cat and mouse! Grab this thriller, you won't be able to put it dow..
Bernadette Clark
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a nail biting book with a totally unexpected ending. The setting was London which was what attracted me, being an ex pat in NZ. Their was a great deal of violence in the story but I didn’t find it offensive and it was in keeping with the plot. It was wonderful to have an ending where good prevailed. I will definitely read more from D V Berkom.
Margaret
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book had some great writing! This author always delivers! It was Action packed with some Kick butt action, In your face characters! It could have done without the Colorful language but since the author writes so well I skipped over those parts! I received an ARC of this book and this is my honest review
Karen
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fast-paced action/adventure will leave you breathless and in suspense. The storyline is well-written with a former assassin and a terrorist in a thrilling cat and mouse read. I loved the characters and plot and would recommend this book to anyone who loves this genre. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review
Linda Balicki
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another page turner by D.V Berkom. Letting Salome get so close to Basso was very exciting. The storyline keeps you wondering until the end where the twist is the highlight! Basso's intent search for Salome turns into a cat and mouse which keeps you wanting to turn the page and read to the end.
Excellent Read.
Ted
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great Leine Basso thriller. However, D.V. Berkom has cranked up the suspense to a new level. The story takes several twists and a few unexpected turns, but nothing prepares the reader for the ending. Talk about a big bang! This is a must read for anyone who enjoys a thrill ride with a surprise that you won't see coming.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Leine Basso thriller. Salome, Leine'e arch enemy is leaving clues so Leine will track her down. Salome tries to capture and kill Leine's close friends and relative. Leine sends Jinn to a safe haven, but is it really safe? Action packed and an exciting conclusion.
D V Berkom is one of the best thriller story tellers. This thriller does not disappoint.
Susan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leine’s life is full of violence, intrigue, danger, and hard decisions. The intriguing characters are familiar from other books in the series, but the twisty plot will keep you guessing. Recommended.
Deb Le
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this has to be my favourite Leine Basso story so far. I love books with strong female characters, in a traditionally male environment and this one has 2! So much suspense, a plot with so many twists and turns I loved this one. Beautifully constructed and written, it's a real page turner.

• Rising Spirit (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #16)
  • Beatrix Rose - Hong Kong Stories - Volume 1: Hong Kong Stories Volume 1 (Beatrix Rose's Hong Kong Stories)
  • In the Line of Duty (Madison Knight, #7)
  • The Fear In Her Eyes (Ian Quinn, #1)
  • Hollow Crib (Magnolia Parish Mystery, #1)
  • The Hawaii Job: (A Case Lee Novel Book 5)
  • The Joker: A thriller (Queen of Spades Thrillers Book 5)
  • Fatal Decision (The Freeman Files, #1)
  • The Bear (Reed & Billie #7)
  • Cold Blooded (Gia Santella #10)
  • The Partnership (Reed & Billie #4)
  • Diamonds and Blood (Chameleon Assassin #5)
  • But Not Forsaken (Clint Wolf Mystery Trilogy, #3)
  • Last Orders (The Freeman Files, #2)
  • Tempest (Beatrix Rose #4)
  • Pressure Point (The Freeman Files, #3)
  • But Not Forgiven (Clint Wolf Mystery Trilogy, #2)
  • Jack Be Quick (Jack Ryder #5)
DV Berkom is the USA Today bestselling author of two action-packed thriller series featuring strong female leads (Leine Basso and Kate Jones). Her love of creating resilient, kick-ass women characters stems from a lifelong addiction to reading spy novels, mysteries, and thrillers, and longing to find the female equivalent within those pages.

DV currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husb

Leine Basso Thriller (9 books)
  • A Killing Truth (Leine Basso Thriller, #1)
  • Serial Date (Leine Basso Thriller, #2)
  • Bad Traffick (Leine Basso Thriller #3)
  • The Body Market (Leine Basso Thriller #4)
  • Cargo (Leine Basso Thriller #5)
  • The Last Deception (Leine Basso Thriller #6)
  • Dark Return (Leine Basso Thriller, #7)
  • Dakota Burn (Leine Basso Thriller #9)