Start by marking “Dangerous Alliance” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Alliance

Dangerous Alliance

United Nations’ sanctions are crippling North Korea. China has turned her back on her malevolent partner. The North Korean military machine is crumbling, unable to function. Oil reserves are minimal and the government seeks new alliances.

Cargo and tourist ships are disappearing along the Somali and Kenyan coastline at an alarming rate. Speeches abound, but inaction embolde
Published November 5th 2018 by Solstice Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Alliance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Alliance

Start your review of Dangerous Alliance
Jonathan Pongratz
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4/5

Four pirate-thwarting stars for this one!

Dangerous Alliance is the second novel in Randall Krzak's Bedlam series, and like the first book, this novel was a roller coaster ride of secrets, betrayal, and thrills.

The Bedlam program has decided to create another special ops group after the success of the initial team's success from the first book. But it isn't long before a new threat develops. Pirates are taking valuable ships from all around Africa, and it looks like there may be ties to a te
Barbara Russell
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
After reading the first book of the series, The Kurdish Connection, I couldn’t miss the second instalment of the series. The Bedlam boys are back with a new adventure. There’s more action, more tension in this novel, but the same smooth writing with lots of details about life in North Korea.
Strongly recommend it.
M.D.
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How could I have forgotten to review this book? I want to start by saying I’m not a huge fan for military mysteries (I guess that’s the way to classify this story), but the author Mr. Krzak has got my attention with both books in this series, with the third coming out. I’ve really enjoyed the characters and the story telling. This is one of those stories that you get so wrapped up in that you lose track of all time.

I don’t want to give anything away, but if you’re looking for a juicy series to g
Mark Bierman
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Plenty of action in this book to satiate those who love adventure. This novel brings the world to your doorstep. The political struggles, backroom deals, secretive missions, and puppetry of the most heinous dictatorships become very real. They are no longer just news stories to be viewed while eating dinner.

Randall’s extensive experience with the military and travels are reflected in his writing style. This author has ‘been there’ and his knowledge of technical terms and cultures is impressive.
John Podlaski
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
DANGEROUS ALLIANCE by Randall Krzak took me a while to get into it as I found myself confused with the introduction of so many characters participating in the four sub-plots of this story. Once I determined which characters were assigned to which sub-plot, it was easier for me to follow and keep up with.

North Korea was collapsing because of the sanctions imposed upon them by the United Nations and desperately needed oil to survive. Russia and China would not accommodate them so they looked elsew
chez wise
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely worth the read. Warning this is not your Atypical special ops, this is much much more in a James bond/ Seal Team 6 kind of way. Great fun, perhaps a bit too much food.

Different from the norm, Krzak builds backstories and mini plotlines through the characters which give them dimension, often lacking in this genre, and pushes the main story forward.

Excellent location set up. I am not familiar with Somali, Kenya, and other areas in the story, and I didn't need to be. The settings were u
Amber
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway
Simply Intriguing = Simple to read yet an intriguing page turner for me! I don't usually read this genre but was fortunate to win a copy from Goodreads and I'm so glad I did. I actually learned a lot, from covert operations to new words and that I surely should read more books in this category. Looking forward to reading more from RK - Many thanks to RK and Goodreads 💙 ...more
Rox Burkey
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Author Randall Krzak knows how to grab readers and keep them turning the pages. The subplots kept me guessing, and yet I was unable to put it down.

The descriptions of the scenes are vivid. The lines are drawn with political messiness woven around the players. Colonel Trevor Franklin, as a team leader for Bedlam Bravo, is an interesting character, and I enjoyed watching his clear-headedness with his interactions. Great character development.
This passage is an excellent example of the way Randall
Team Golfwell
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked “Dangerous Alliance” by Randall Krzak. From the first sentence of this book which reads:
“In the moonless night, the target floated in the harbor’s dark water, anchored fore and aft. A faint hiss broke the silence as climbing ropes and grappling hooks sailed into the air from Plummet NS50 Silent Launchers. Within moments, a sharp tug secured each hook to a quarterdeck railing on the cruise ship, two each on the port side, the starboard, and from the stern.”

Needless to say, I was hooked.
Ron Frampton
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A new adventure of the bedlam boys.
V.M. Sang
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is set in present day North Korea, Somalia and London. It tells of how an alliance is made between North Korea and Somali pirates. Of course, everyone cheats everyone else, and to add to the intrigue, the Somali pirates kidnap an important personage who is working in a refugee camp. An undercover group, working for MI6 (or is it 5, I forget) is sent to both rescue the prisoner and to capture the pirates.
Of course, there is the North Korean ambassador, being forced, under threat, to bri
Quintain Bosch
Janet Watson
Calvin
Steve Weber
Jun 25, 2019
Shamelessly Promo...: Need Your Vote for Cover of the Month 2 6 Dec 03, 2018 04:42PM

• Our Lady of Victory: The Saga of an African-American Catholic Community
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross Book, #27)
  • Saving The Evergreens: Garden Secrets
  • If You Love Me, I'm Yours
  • Ace Carroway and the Great War (The Adventures of Ace Carroway #1)
  • Elf Mastery
  • Ghostly Interference (The White Rune Series)
  • Jonah
  • My Pilot: A Story of War, Love, and ALS
  • A CITIZEN’S GROUP IN ACTION: Saving a Train Station
  • Christmas Joy
  • Prophet of Doom (Delphi Chronicles, #1)
  • Christmas Writing Prompts: 12 Creative Activities for Kids
  • Apollo's Raven (Curse of Clansmen and Kings #1)
  • Necromancer's Lament
  • Bravura
  • The Green Door (The Eternal Artifacts #1)
  • To Right A Wrong: A Justinia Wright Private Investigator Mystery (Justinia Wright Private Investigator Mysteries Book 8)
Randall Krzak is a U.S. Army veteran and retired senior civil servant, spending thirty years in Europe, Africa, Central America, and the Middle East. His residency abroad qualifies him to build rich worlds in his action-adventure novels and short stories. Familiar with customs, laws, and social norms, he promotes these to create authentic characters and scenery.

His first novel, The Kurdish Connect