Start by marking “Deadlock (Hacker World, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deadlock (Hacker World, #1)

Deadlock

(Hacker World #1)

Discover New York Times bestselling author Cherrie Lynn’s exciting new series, featuring a team of elite military hackers who will do whatever it takes to protect their country and the women who enter their dark and dangerous world.

Ex–Air Force hacker Jace Adams is the best at what he does. There isn’t a system he can’t infiltrate or a country his team can’t topple. But wh
Published June 25th 2019 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about Deadlock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadlock

Start your review of Deadlock (Hacker World, #1)
Fabi
3.5 stars!

This was really good! A great plot with steady pacing and a hot romance to spice things up.

Lindsey and Lena are identical twins - and polar opposites. Lena royally screwed over Lindsey's college crush. So years later, when Lena goes missing and her last text sends Lindsey to Jace's front door it isn't just sparks that fly, it's more like a volcano erupted.

Jace is now part of a special ops team. A select group of highly qualified hackers. It turns out that Lindsey is also a coder and he
ARC received for review

Great story with lots of angst and adventure and lots of other hackers to get stories (Sully, what crawled up your arse?). Then the ending sucked. It was more like a happily even after for now or maybe not. Plus the epilogue ... what the feathers?
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"It didn't help matters that his T-shirt could scarcely contain his muscles, and the way his jeans hugged his hard thighs made her mouth water."

I've been a Cherrie Lynn fan for years so it was a no-brainer that I would follow her on this new journey. I'm kind of a geek myself so a sexy hacker is right up my alley and I couldn't wait to get my hands on Jace...I mean Deadlock ...well, both. 😉

I found the idea of Jace being faced with twins to be irresistible, especially if he hated the one a
Vashti
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I may or may not continue with this series...
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I picked up this book because I have read and enjoyed Cherrie Lynn’s books in the past. Although I was intrigued by the blurb, I really had no idea what the book or series was about and after reading it, I’m still not really sure how I like it.

I like the premise of it. The series covers a team of elite military hackers. However, I struggled with the writing and the dialogue. I just wasn’t a huge fan of the style and found my interest waning on nearly every page. Therefore, it took me a whil
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs

(ARC provided by Entangled Publishing)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Angie
I liked the overall premise and how the drama unfolds for Lindsey to end up at Jace's door. How the series and overarching storyline will play out is interesting.

I didn't buy how Jace's world connected to Lindsey's and her ultimate role in it all felt like a reach. I started skimming when we got to Lindsey and Sully's posturing and bickering. I didn't like Lindsey during this and I need Sully's character to chill her badassery when we get to her story.

For a series, I want a HEA for the H/h even
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Exclusive Excerpt and Giveaway for:
Dᴇᴀᴅʟᴏᴄᴋ ʙʏ Cʜᴇʀʀɪᴇ Lʏɴɴ

Read the excerpt and enter here:  http://shhmomsreading.com/deadlockcl
Caroline
5 Stars

I love a good romantic suspense book, and this one is one of the best I have read! Some times Romantic suspense has a tendency to not focus that much on the romance but on the crime and action that ends up as the main thing in the book and then a little romance. Books like that are not for me, but this book had the perfect balance between the romance and the action. It went hand in hand and came naturally with each other. I never felt like either of the things was missing at any point, an
Linda
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindsey and her twin Lena are identical twins but polar opposites in character. Lindsey is rather shy, wholesome and an introvert, Lena is vampy; sly & wily. The only children of parents who had them late in life, while they have a strong bond, Lena’s callous attitude leaves Lindsey more often not fed up with her sister’s seemingly insouciance.

When her sister disappears and leaves her a cryptic text to “goto this address and ask him for help” Lindsey finds the man who was her crush (from afar –
Christine
May 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I really thought Cherrie Lynn mixing hackers +missing twin + intrigue would be super sexy and suspenseful. The author did deliver the sex but not so much the suspense or intrigue. I found myself only mildly interested in Jace and his team, a bit bored by Lindsey, and kind of baffled by the bad guy. In the end, this suffered from too much world building and not enough chemistry or tension.

Basically, Lindsey's identical twin Lena is missing and her last cryptic message sent her to Jace for help.
May 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is quite a departure from the stories the author has previously written. I’ve enjoyed quite a few of her books but sad to say, I did not enjoy this one.

I didn’t connect to the characters or the story which revolves around Hackers. There wasn’t enough romance and whereas I’ve previously complimented the author for writing steamy love scenes the ones in this book were poorly written even the sexual dialogue didn’t hit the mark.

This didn’t even feel like it was the same author writing compared
Doris
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"* A review copy was provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review *"

When I started reading this story I was surprised that I found a story that has a different plot than what I have normally been reading.
This one centers around twins, Lindsay and Lena. Lena not showing up for her parents anniversary party her twin becomes extremely upset and goes looking for her. She goes to her home and finds it in total disarray. She then gets a mysterious text from her to go find a person from thei
Kari Hansen
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lindsey and her twin sister Lena couldn’t be more different as Lindsey prefers to keep to herself and is a bit of a nerd while Lena is outgoing and a magnet for trouble. With Lena missing the only clue that Lindsey has is an address but she didn’t expect it to lead her to the man she crushed on in university who also happens to be the man her sister betrayed.

Jace is less than impressed to see the woman on his doorstep as he thought it was the woman who betrayed him and not her sister. He agrees
* A review copy was provided by the author/publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review *

~ 4 Meerkat Stars ~

I have been a fan of Cherrie Lynn’s books for some time now. I was so excited to see she was branching out into the romantic suspense genre.

I really enjoyed the complexity of this story and the suspense that she built up throughout the whole book, even into the epilogue. I am anxious to see where she takes the rest of this series.

I don’t know if I would call this a cliff hanger
Linda Quick
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This novel grabbed me from the very first page and kept me hooked until the very last page. I loved the Jace - he's the perfect brooding and reluctant hero. Lindsey and Lena are interesting characters - I loved the twist that identical twins added to the story. Lindsey is a kind and gentle soul that is dragged into a situation she doesn't understand when her sister, Lena, went missing. When Lindsey starts following the clues Lena left, she encounters Jace and their reluctant partnership beg ...more
Carolyn's
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very intriguing- action packed- loved the writing!

Deadlock is definitely 5 stars! A very drama filled story with danger and suspense with a "who do you trust" theme that makes the book a thrilling read. Lindsey Morris is a strong and independent woman rather she has ever exercised that part of herself or not. Having a completely out there, wild and free twin, Lindsey hasn't had much need to be as brazen as she needs to be once confronted with a slew of problems to face after her twin, Lena goes
ShinyObject
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced reader's copy of Deadlock by Cherrie Lynn from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was the first novel that I had read by Cherrie Lynn, but after reading, she is an author I would look for and in the future.

Overall, I enjoyed this novel and I found it to be well written. From the summary to the last page, I was intrigued and engrossed. The primary characters' romantic start was a little rocky (guy burned by the not-so-good twin is leery of th
Jessica Alcazar
I was intrigued by the hacker theme of the story/series and it delivered!

Damn … this story had me hooked from the start. I loved the twin circumstance because it was unique, and it fit this story perfectly! The suspense, with all its twists and surprises, kept me glued to this story from beginning to end. Honestly, I just wanted it to keep going forever! The sparks between Jace and Lindsey were there from the very start.

This is a story/series where one book will lead into another. Now that migh
Marcia
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! This is the first book that I have read from Cherrie Lynn and I am now a fan. This is a second chance, suspenseful romance, action packed page turner. I received a free ARC from NetGalley.com and this is my unbiased and voluntary review.

Lindsey and Lena might be identical twins, but their personalities are exact opposites. Lena was always getting them into trouble when they're growing up and as an adult she hasn't change. When Lena does another disappearing act, missing their parents 40th w
Tracie R
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgally
A romantic suspense, Deadlock is the start of the Hacker World series. I like the premise and the story but did feel at times the story was overtaken by the romance and loss a little of it balance. In saying that did I enjoy it, yes, will I read more, most definitely
Shahla's World
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a real fun read, with lots of secrets and ups and downs. Lindsey ends up being way cooler than any one gave her credit for; Jace finally saw a little bit of light at the end of the bitter tunnel; and OMG, I hated Lena, lol.

SUPER curious to read more in this series!
Kim
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
Blushing Reader
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Wait. I need more. There’s got to be more in this series, right?! I was hooked!
Lu Dieguez
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

So, it’s been a long time since I’ve written a review because life happened but here we go again, getting into the swing of things. And what a good book to start back up again. Let me tell you, you wouldn’t wanna miss this book when it comes out.

The books follows the story of Lindsey, who has an identical twin sister, Lena. And while they may be identical physically, they couldn’t be more differen
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

I have adored the Cherrie Lynn books I have read in the past (I mean, hellllooooo Ghost!) and I was intrigued by the hacker aspect of Deadlock, so it wasn't a hard decision to make to request Deadlock.

And whilst I liked this story, I didn't love it. I had trouble connecting with the characters, and mostly found them annoying and not really likable.

To me, Jace was just a d!ck, Lena a b!tch and Lindsey, whilst completely capable, a bit of a door mat
Maranda
Lindsey Morris is so mad at her sister Lena when she is absent from their parents' anniversary party that was suppose to be a joint planning en-devour. Lindsey is used to her sister doing her disappearing act and leaving without a word for days and weeks at a time. But...this time Lindsey has had enough of being left holding the bag and stomps to Lena's apartment when she does not answer her phone. What she finds is a destroyed and vandalized room and evidence of violence! Seeking the help of an ...more
Paula
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-knew-you, tech, military
I wanted more of them as a couple :(
Jennifer Pierson
Cherrie Lynn is a new to me author, and OH MY HELL WHERE HAVE I BEEN?! Deadlock was a story that drew me in from the very first paragraph, and kept me turning pages quickly until there weren't anymore to turn, leaving me wanting more. It all starts out with Lindsey Morris upset with her twin sister who doesn't show up for their parent's anniversary party, leaving her to do all the work. And this isn't the first time that Lena has done this. As Lindsey gets madder, she decides to go to her twin's ...more
Cate at Fiction Beer & Cupcakes
ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

HOLY HACKER! I have never struggled so much to put a book down and actually get some sleep.

Deadlock starts off with Lindsey Morris getting a text from her twin sister, Lena. Lena is in trouble and sent an address she wants Lindsey to go to for help. Lindsey goes to Lena’s house wondering what the heck is going on, only to find it tossed and trashed. Finally giving in and knocking on the door to th
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Justified (Loveless, Texas #1)
  • In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey, #2)
  • Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #2)
  • Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security, #2)
  • Naughty Stranger (Dangerous Love, #1)
  • The Nanny Rules
  • The Truth About Cowboys
  • Tangled Threat
  • Dirty Secret (Slayers Hockey, #1)
  • Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • Unforgiven (Loveless, Texas #2)
  • Good Guy (Rookie Rebels, #1)
  • Her Other Secret (Whitaker Island #1)
  • Broken With You (Stark Security, #2)
  • Saint (Knights of Fury, #1)
  • Betraying the Billionaire (The Abbott Sisters, #1)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
Cherrie Lynn has been a CPS caseworker and a juvenile probation officer, but now that she has come to her senses, she writes contemporary and paranormal romance on the steamy side. It's *much* more fun. She's also an unabashed rock music enthusiast, and loves letting her passion for romance and metal collide on the page.

When she's not writing, you can find her reading, listening to music or playin