Start by marking “Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl” as Want to Read:
Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl

Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl

(Mighty Jack #3)

Jack and Lilly are no strangers to heroics. They’ve befriended dragons, battled giants, and even earned the loyalty of a goblin army. So when they meet Zita the Spacegirl, fresh from her interplanetary travels and seeking their help to face a new threat, they’re more than ready for another adventure.

But the danger growing just outside the door to their world is greater tha
Expected publication: September 3rd 2019 by First Second

To ask other readers questions about Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl

Melissa
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why can’t there just be an infinite number of Zita and Jack books?
Raven Black
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Obvious story line, but slightly unusual ending. While closed the story, it is left open for more adventures.
Aaron
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For fans of Ben Hatke's two graphic novel series, Zita the Spacegirl and Mighty Jack, the second Mighty Jack graphic novel left us with a mighty cliffhanger that had us clamoring for more. This newest graphic novel is the fulfillment of that promise and a return to the spectacular worlds we have come to love, and an advancement of the relationships between many characters.

The first few pages provide a short recap of the action in each of the series, and then the new action continues with a formi
Kellee
Love this crossover! Can't wait to get a finished copy and share with my students!
Yoomi
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance reader copy from Netgalley. I have been waiting for this ARC ever since Ben Hatke posted a preview. I was not disappointed!! New adventure, old friends. My only complaint is that it went too fast. I wasn’t ready to leave these characters. I really hope this is the beginning of Jack and Zita’s adventures. For now, I think I’ll console myself and reread the series from the beginning.
Becky B
Ahhh, everything I could have hoped for from a Jack & Zita team up. Another fantastic one from Hatke. Full review to come closer to publication date.
Namrata
UMMM...??? HOW COME I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS???!!! I have literally been BEGGING for a third book in this series. I love this series SO MUCH!!!
Gretchen Alice
Read for SLJ. (Spoiler alert: I loved it.)
Sam
Huge thank you to Raincoast for this ARC!

Are you as jazzed as I am that Jack and Zita are in a crossover comic? Because I was heckin' stoked when I found out. Ben Hatke writes some of the absolutely best children's comics out there, creating characters that any child can easily relate to, or imagine themselves as.

In this installment, Jack and Lilly have a new evil growing outside their door, and something they cannot handle with their abilities alone. Enter Zita the Spacegirl! A new party membe
Dan
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are series that you read and feel really satisfied with in the end. Zita Space Girl by Ben Hatke was one of those trilogies. Then Ben publishes a new series, Mighty Jack, and (view spoiler)! Book three continues this epic journey, and I can think of no better way to start a school year than to show kids the third book in the Mighty Jack series that also continues the Zita Space Girl series! Talk about building excit ...more
Jesica DeHart
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Ben Hatke since the first Zita book released and as soon as I read the first Mighty Jack book, I wrote to Ben and asked him if these two dynamic characters could please meet on the page. To my delight, he assured me this was in the works. This highly anticipated dynamic duo have come together for the first time and the epic adventures ahead seem infinite. Start at the beginning with both of these series before meeting them together!
Earl
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's the endgame for these young adventurers as Ben Hatke mashes up his bestselling series into an adventure filled story full of heroics, humor, and heart. Readers will gobble up this up and then will probably re-read the entire series again since they wouldn't want to say goodbye to these characters.
J.D. DeHart
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ben Hatke arranges a meeting of two of his well-known characteres, Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl. This is a story that takes the reader from daily suburban life up the beanstalk to a land of giants, dragons, and other mythical creatures.

Of critical note here is Hatke's art and plotting. The characters in this book are cartoonish but realistic. It's a style that is visually engaging and a welcome sight for the reader. Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl is yet another fine book from Hatke and
Melissa
I have been waiting for this ever since the epic end of Might Jack #2! And this cross over with my other fav, Zita, does not disappoint. Earth itself is in danger from the Giants, so Jack and Zita and all of our favorite characters from each series team up to try to save the world! My only complaint was I felt it was too fast paced - some things I feel got glossed over and weren't adequately explained in the hurry to move the plot along and I almost think this could have gone as two volumes if t ...more
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My son and husband and I adore Jack and Zita and were so very excited to read this book. It lived up to our expectations. My 6.5 year old says it has good art and the story is good. I thought it was a clever way to tie up loose ends, reintroduce all the characters from both series, and bring them through one big satisfying adventure. We can’t wait to read more by Hatke in the future- there is lots of room for potential exploration in new books following this one.

Five stars! Thank you to NetGalle
Tk
Jul 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
A great continuation/melding of two stories. Full of adventure and hard choices, this book does not disappoint. The artwork continues to be whimsical and detailed.
Emilee
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun crossover featuring two great characters! Some good social dynamics, excellent action, and an ending that leaves room for more without being an annoying cliffhanger.
Pam
Jul 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I received an electronic ARC from First Second Books through NetGalley.
Review coming one month prior to publication.
Angela
May 31, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: blurb 2 16 Jan 30, 2019 12:49AM
Goodreads Librari...: new book in series 2 17 Dec 22, 2018 11:05AM
Goodreads Librari...: separate listings 2 13 Dec 21, 2018 08:41PM
Ben Hatke is an author and illustrator of graphic novels and picture books. Most notably he is the creator of the Zita the Spacegirl graphic novel series.

He posts art and stories online at:

www.benhatke.com

Mighty Jack (3 books)
  • Mighty Jack (Mighty Jack, #1)
  • Mighty Jack and the Goblin King (Mighty Jack, #2)