Start by marking “Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl (Mighty Jack, #3; Zita the Spacegirl, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl (Mighty Jack, #3; Zita the Spacegirl, #4)

Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl

(Mighty Jack #3)

Jack and Lilly are no strangers to heroics. They’ve befriended dragons, battled giants, and even earned the loyalty of a goblin army. So when they meet Zita the Spacegirl, fresh from her interplanetary travels and seeking their help to face a new threat, they’re more than ready for another adventure.

But the danger growing just outside the door to their world is greater tha
Published September 3rd 2019 by First Second

To ask other readers questions about Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl, please sign up.
Logan Mclean It is a crossover book so it is the third book of Mighty jack and fourth of Zita the Spacegirl.
Logan Mclean Most definitely, the book left on a cliff hanger, like after mighty Jack and the goblin king

Start your review of Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl (Mighty Jack, #3; Zita the Spacegirl, #4)
Melissa
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Why can’t there just be an infinite number of Zita and Jack books?
Brittany
I was lucky enough to win a copy of this to enjoy with my son.

It was nice to pick up where the last book left off, but if someone was starting in at just this book, the beginning would feel like walking into the middle of a conversation.

Illustrations continue to impress and reach the targeted audience and the story remains unique ang engaging. Can't wait to see the full-color version

Overall a solid 4 star book
Hilda
This was a great mash up of Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl. Seriously great!! I loved it so much. That fight was a little (view spoiler) Still, it was a very good story. The kids all grew up a little. It was so good to see it in the illustrations. That are amazing by the way. One of the best comic drawings, visually pleasing, and so beautiful.

The ending was pretty open ended. I can’
Aaron
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
For fans of Ben Hatke's two graphic novel series, Zita the Spacegirl and Mighty Jack, the second Mighty Jack graphic novel left us with a mighty cliffhanger that had us clamoring for more. This newest graphic novel is the fulfillment of that promise and a return to the spectacular worlds we have come to love, and an advancement of the relationships between many characters.

The first few pages provide a short recap of the action in each of the series, and then the new action continues with a formi
Raven Black
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Obvious story line, but slightly unusual ending. While closed the story, it is left open for more adventures.
Derek
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I had this big rant all ready about Hollywood and my-God-why-haven't-you-acted-on-this, but a quick Google later indicates that the Zita stories have been optioned for an animated feature. So good on you, intelligent Hollywood producer-type, and get the hell moving on it.

My 9 year old, once hearing that this book was physically present in the house, immediately retrieved it and was blissfully incommunicado for nearly a whole hour.

And it is lovely to sink into this--into any Hatke piece really, t
Becky B
A little time has passed since Jack, Lilly, and Maddy had their adventures overthrowing the ogre king, and Zita & Joseph, Madrigal & Piper have been back on Earth for a while since their adventures in space. Regular life is a little hard after you’d adventured elsewhere. When giants threaten to break the door between the inbetween and invade Earth, Jack, Lilly, Maddy, Zita, Joseph, and the rest of the gang have to find a way to stop the invasion and save Earth.

It was so nice to be adventuring w
Yoomi
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance reader copy from Netgalley. I have been waiting for this ARC ever since Ben Hatke posted a preview. I was not disappointed!! New adventure, old friends. My only complaint is that it went too fast. I wasn’t ready to leave these characters. I really hope this is the beginning of Jack and Zita’s adventures. For now, I think I’ll console myself and reread the series from the beginning.
Kellee Moye
Love this crossover! Can't wait to get a finished copy and share with my students!
Kendra
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I missed these guys so much. It's such a good bringing together of two incredible series.
Matt Graupman
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was impossible for me to love Ben Hatke’s Mighty Jack series of graphic novels after his first two books were such smashing successes but here we are: “Mighty Jack And Zita The Spacegirl” is probably the best volume yet! By combining his two largest franchises in one epic crossover comic, Hatke has brought all his toys to his biggest sandbox yet, unleashing his imagination like never before. Multiple dimensions can’t contain his boundless creativity! Combining dragons and giants wit ...more
Jenna
A little anti climatic at the final battle scene, but it did end on a well-done note that left things open for future books (we can only hope!). I wish there had been an epilogue or, at least, more sketches and insight from the artist on this final volume.

I like the drawing style but I do wish there was more detail on the faces. Having said that, the sketchiness has a very original feel about it.
Rod Brown
Having had some cameos of characters from the Zita cast in the earlier Mighty Jack books, Hatke now goes into full-on crossover mode for his two big series. It's jam-packed with adventure and references to all the previous books. I probably won't remember it for long since it is mostly just a bunch of people running around, but I enjoyed it in the moment.
Seth
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The whole adventure was wonderful & had lots of excellent twists and turns, but my favorite part right now is the conflict resolution at the climax--no spoilers here--I had to do a double take when I turned the page & flipped back and forth a couple times to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and yes, it does resolve the way it does... and it's a really, really great moment. I also really appreciated Jack's final decision and the quiet, reassuring epilogue. Thanks, Ben, for yet another great b ...more
Kit Feral
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was so satisfying.
Matt
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the book "Mighty Jack And Zita, The Spacegirl" The main characters come across a lot of problems. Angered giants found a portal and try to come to Earth so Zita and Jack have to stop them. They did everything possible, They tried blowing up the entrance to Earth but nothing was working. In the text, it says, "Zita, We must cause a delay. They are breaking through to fast. The group decided to split up into 2 and one group went to find help from minions because Zita saved them before so they l ...more
Kam Yung Soh
Two people and their companions have to unite to save the Earth from an invasion of Giants. But can they, when rivalries and jealousies threaten to break them up until they learn to work together.

The interesting conclusion to two series bought together by the author. But a number of sequences and settings in it are best enjoyed by the reader who is familiar with the previous Zita the Spacegirl series by the author.
Zac
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! The worlds of Zita and Jack just came together so seamlessly. All of my favourite characters came together to save Earth, getting stuck on other worlds along the way. Cameo appearances from minor characters made me laugh and Ben returned us briefly to some of Zita's worlds. The ending was great too, leaving it open for another adventure. I certainly hope we get to see these characters again.
Namrata
UMMM...??? HOW COME I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS???!!! I have literally been BEGGING for a third book in this series. I love this series SO MUCH!!!
Christopher
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Picked this up at the Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo (MICE). Sadly Ben Hatke had to cancel due to family tragedy. It hurts to say that that knowledge affected my enjoyment of this book.

Jack, Lilly, and especially Zita all look just a bit older in this volume.

I had heard a friend say the book was a bit of a "greatest hits" volume and therefore loose in plot and I can see that. Deeper plot was mostly on two fronts: tension between Zita and Lilly that ultimately revolve around responsibility
Deanna Siegel
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jack, Zita, Lilly and the gang must save earth from the powerful giants. The story was action-packed, the characters had great development, and the ending left me a little sad. If this is the final book, I am satisfied with the ending. However, I could probably read about all their adventures for a long time.
Mitchell
Fun combined end of both series. Or at least end for now? The characters are all different and are still figuring each other out. Sure it's silly. But it's also a lot of fun. And the adventure ping pongs from place to place and from world to world. And a whole lot of old tech magic stuff gets to get used.
Emily Howard
It was good, but I still liked the original Zita books better. Not enough Piper. :D
Jasmine
Not as much my fav as either of these two series separately, but still imaginative, beautiful, and delightful.
Emily
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I should have reread the other books in the series before picking up this one. I would have enjoyed it more.
Audrey
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one day due to my excitement over the existence of this book, I’m a big fan of the Zita the space girl trilogy. It remains my favorite graphic novel series of all time. After I devoured those in about a week I was super happy to find he had another series on going which happened to be Mighty Jack. Since Goblin King came out, I’ve been patiently waiting for the inevitable crossover, and boy was it worth the wait! I loved the friendship between Zita and Jack and I loved Lilly’s deve ...more
Kristen
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally! The crossover we have been waiting for! The ultimate team up! Jack! Zita! and all the others! I'll probably reread this 6 times now.

I like that he included as much as he could of each world and all of our fave characters were present. It didn't have anything big or new, just some giants y'know.. but it was fun and beautifully drawn and <3.
Chrissie
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
It was kinda fun seeing Zita the Spacegirl meet up with Jack and Lilly. The final battle was a bit of a letdown, but I enjoyed the story all the same.

Sam
Huge thank you to Raincoast for this ARC!

Are you as jazzed as I am that Jack and Zita are in a crossover comic? Because I was heckin' stoked when I found out. Ben Hatke writes some of the absolutely best children's comics out there, creating characters that any child can easily relate to, or imagine themselves as.

In this installment, Jack and Lilly have a new evil growing outside their door, and something they cannot handle with their abilities alone. Enter Zita the Spacegirl! A new party membe
Dan
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are series that you read and feel really satisfied with in the end. Zita Space Girl by Ben Hatke was one of those trilogies. Then Ben publishes a new series, Mighty Jack, and (view spoiler)! Book three continues this epic journey, and I can think of no better way to start a school year than to show kids the third book in the Mighty Jack series that also continues the Zita Space Girl series! Talk about building excit ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: blurb 2 16 Jan 30, 2019 12:49AM
Goodreads Librari...: new book in series 2 17 Dec 22, 2018 11:05AM
Goodreads Librari...: separate listings 2 13 Dec 21, 2018 08:41PM

• Fallen Empires (Cleopatra in Space, #5)
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • The Golden Lion (Cleopatra in Space, #4)
  • Queen of the Nile (Cleopatra in Space, #6)
  • The Okay Witch
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Field Trip
  • Doodleville (Doodleville, #1)
  • The Changeling King
  • Stargazing
  • The Thief and the Sword (Cleopatra in Space, #2)
  • Secret of the Time Tablets (Cleopatra in Space, #3)
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • The Time Museum (Time Museum, #2)
  • This Was Our Pact
  • CatStronauts: Slapdash Science
  • Snapdragon
  • Kerry and the Knight of the Forest
Ben Hatke is an author and illustrator of graphic novels and picture books. Most notably he is the creator of the Zita the Spacegirl graphic novel series.

He posts art and stories online at:

www.benhatke.com

Mighty Jack (3 books)
  • Mighty Jack (Mighty Jack, #1)
  • Mighty Jack and the Goblin King (Mighty Jack, #2)