Start by marking “Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl (Mighty Jack, #3; Zita the Spacegirl, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl (Mighty Jack, #3; Zita the Spacegirl, #4)

Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl

(Mighty Jack #3)

Jack and Lilly are no strangers to heroics. They’ve befriended dragons, battled giants, and even earned the loyalty of a goblin army. So when they meet Zita the Spacegirl, fresh from her interplanetary travels and seeking their help to face a new threat, they’re more than ready for another adventure.

But the danger growing just outside the door to their world is
Published September 3rd 2019 by First Second

To ask other readers questions about Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl

Melissa
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Why can’t there just be an infinite number of Zita and Jack books?
Brittany
I was lucky enough to win a copy of this to enjoy with my son.

It was nice to pick up where the last book left off, but if someone was starting in at just this book, the beginning would feel like walking into the middle of a conversation.

Illustrations continue to impress and reach the targeted audience and the story remains unique ang engaging. Can't wait to see the full-color version

Overall a solid 4 star book
Raven Black
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Obvious story line, but slightly unusual ending. While closed the story, it is left open for more adventures.
Becky B
A little time has passed since Jack, Lilly, and Maddy had their adventures overthrowing the ogre king, and Zita & Joseph, Madrigal & Piper have been back on Earth for a while since their adventures in space. Regular life is a little hard after you’d adventured elsewhere. When giants threaten to break the door between the inbetween and invade Earth, Jack, Lilly, Maddy, Zita, Joseph, and the rest of the gang have to find a way to stop the invasion and save Earth.

It was so nice to be adven
Aaron
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
For fans of Ben Hatke's two graphic novel series, Zita the Spacegirl and Mighty Jack, the second Mighty Jack graphic novel left us with a mighty cliffhanger that had us clamoring for more. This newest graphic novel is the fulfillment of that promise and a return to the spectacular worlds we have come to love, and an advancement of the relationships between many characters.

The first few pages provide a short recap of the action in each of the series, and then the new action continues
Yoomi
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance reader copy from Netgalley. I have been waiting for this ARC ever since Ben Hatke posted a preview. I was not disappointed!! New adventure, old friends. My only complaint is that it went too fast. I wasn’t ready to leave these characters. I really hope this is the beginning of Jack and Zita’s adventures. For now, I think I’ll console myself and reread the series from the beginning.
Matt Graupman
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was impossible for me to love Ben Hatke’s Mighty Jack series of graphic novels after his first two books were such smashing successes but here we are: “Mighty Jack And Zita The Spacegirl” is probably the best volume yet! By combining his two largest franchises in one epic crossover comic, Hatke has brought all his toys to his biggest sandbox yet, unleashing his imagination like never before. Multiple dimensions can’t contain his boundless creativity! Combining dragons and giants wit ...more
Jenna
A little anti climatic at the final battle scene, but it did end on a well-done note that left things open for future books (we can only hope!). I wish there had been an epilogue or, at least, more sketches and insight from the artist on this final volume.

I like the drawing style but I do wish there was more detail on the faces. Having said that, the sketchiness has a very original feel about it.
Rod Brown
Having had some cameos of characters from the Zita cast in the earlier Mighty Jack books, Hatke now goes into full-on crossover mode for his two big series. It's jam-packed with adventure and references to all the previous books. I probably won't remember it for long since it is mostly just a bunch of people running around, but I enjoyed it in the moment.
Seth
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The whole adventure was wonderful & had lots of excellent twists and turns, but my favorite part right now is the conflict resolution at the climax--no spoilers here--I had to do a double take when I turned the page & flipped back and forth a couple times to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and yes, it does resolve the way it does... and it's a really, really great moment. I also really appreciated Jack's final decision and the quiet, reassuring epilogue. Thanks, Ben, for yet another ...more
Kellee
Love this crossover! Can't wait to get a finished copy and share with my students!
Christopher
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Picked this up at the Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo (MICE). Sadly Ben Hatke had to cancel due to family tragedy. It hurts to say that that knowledge affected my enjoyment of this book.

Jack, Lilly, and especially Zita all look just a bit older in this volume.

I had heard a friend say the book was a bit of a "greatest hits" volume and therefore loose in plot and I can see that. Deeper plot was mostly on two fronts: tension between Zita and Lilly that ultimately revolve ar
Zac
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! The worlds of Zita and Jack just came together so seamlessly. All of my favourite characters came together to save Earth, getting stuck on other worlds along the way. Cameo appearances from minor characters made me laugh and Ben returned us briefly to some of Zita's worlds. The ending was great too, leaving it open for another adventure. I certainly hope we get to see these characters again.
Theresa Grissom
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2nd, 4th, graphic-fiction, 5th, 3rd
A huge thanks to Netgalley for an ARC of this book!

Oh, I cannot wait to show the published copy to the students at school! I was so excited to hear that Zita and Jack would share a book. Ben Hatke is by far my favorite graphic artist and he is hugely popular at my school, even with reluctant readers. They will be fighting over this one.
Deanna Siegel
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jack, Zita, Lilly and the gang must save earth from the powerful giants. The story was action-packed, the characters had great development, and the ending left me a little sad. If this is the final book, I am satisfied with the ending. However, I could probably read about all their adventures for a long time.
Kit Feral
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was so satisfying.
Emily Howard
It was good, but I still liked the original Zita books better. Not enough Piper. :D
Kristen
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally! The crossover we have been waiting for! The ultimate team up! Jack! Zita! and all the others! I'll probably reread this 6 times now.

I like that he included as much as he could of each world and all of our fave characters were present. It didn't have anything big or new, just some giants y'know.. but it was fun and beautifully drawn and <3.
Audrey
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one day due to my excitement over the existence of this book, I’m a big fan of the Zita the space girl trilogy. It remains my favorite graphic novel series of all time. After I devoured those in about a week I was super happy to find he had another series on going which happened to be Mighty Jack. Since Goblin King came out, I’ve been patiently waiting for the inevitable crossover, and boy was it worth the wait! I loved the friendship between Zita and Jack and I loved Lilly’s deve ...more
Namrata
UMMM...??? HOW COME I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS???!!! I have literally been BEGGING for a third book in this series. I love this series SO MUCH!!!
Sam
Huge thank you to Raincoast for this ARC!

Are you as jazzed as I am that Jack and Zita are in a crossover comic? Because I was heckin' stoked when I found out. Ben Hatke writes some of the absolutely best children's comics out there, creating characters that any child can easily relate to, or imagine themselves as.

In this installment, Jack and Lilly have a new evil growing outside their door, and something they cannot handle with their abilities alone. Enter Zita the Spacegirl! A new party
Dan
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are series that you read and feel really satisfied with in the end. Zita Space Girl by Ben Hatke was one of those trilogies. Then Ben publishes a new series, Mighty Jack, and (view spoiler)! Book three continues this epic journey, and I can think of no better way to start a school year than to show kids the third book in the Mighty Jack series that also continues the Zita Space Girl ser ...more
Jesica DeHart
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of Ben Hatke since the first Zita book released and as soon as I read the first Mighty Jack book, I wrote to Ben and asked him if these two dynamic characters could please meet on the page. To my delight, he assured me this was in the works. This highly anticipated dynamic duo have come together for the first time and the epic adventures ahead seem infinite. Start at the beginning with both of these series before meeting them together!
Erin
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to have two of your favorite characters from different universes meet up, this is a great example of what could happen.

I received an advance copy from Goodreads Giveaways, so most of the story was uncolored, but Hatke’s work is always impressive and adorable creatures and fierce characters abound. It’s been awhile since I read either Mighty Jack or Zita the Spacegirl, so I had to reorient myself a bit with old characters and plot lines, but there’s
Earl
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's the endgame for these young adventurers as Ben Hatke mashes up his bestselling series into an adventure filled story full of heroics, humor, and heart. Readers will gobble up this up and then will probably re-read the entire series again since they wouldn't want to say goodbye to these characters.
Rebecca
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At a Glance
Category/Genre(s):
Middle grade sci-fi/fantasy graphic novel

Age Range:
8-12

Strengths:
Amazingly fun adventure story
Loved the art
Fast paced
Rich, well developed characters

Full Review
I first got into this series by reading Mighty Jack. And I absolutely loved it. I thought the fracturing of Jack and the beanstalk was creative and well done. I actually avoided reading the Zita the Spacegirl books for a long ti
Rosemary
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The latest Ben Hatke graphic novel brings together two of his best series: Zita the Spacegirl and Mighty Jack. It's a team-up he teased in 2017's Mighty Jack and the Goblin King, and I have been waiting patiently for two years to find out what was going to happen.

After Zita and her friends arrive from their space-hopping adventures, Jack and his family have been housing and feeding the group. Lily, Jack's neighbor, who helped him fight the giants and rescue Maddy, his sister, i
McKenzie Richardson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

I have not read any of the Mighty Jack books before this but I love Zita the Spacegirl. I was kind of bummed when the trilogy was over, but was very excited to see that she was in a mash up with Jack.

This was such a cool book. Despite the fact that I was not familiar with Jack before I read this book, it was pretty easy to catch on to most of what was happening. At the beginning of the book are short recaps on both of the previous stories, which helped. While the
Rachael
Jack (of Beanstalk fame) and Zita (of Spacegirl fame) together at last! I love this book. I adore how the separate plot lines and characters come together. They face giants, self-doubt, and multiple worlds. And I love the way that they all act like a family. Not perfect, not ideal, but when they fight, they find ways to resolve their differences and to forgive each other. They find ways where no way should logically exist. Friends and families, chosen or blood bound, are what make and can save w ...more
Katherine
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book through a GoodReads Giveaway.

I am new to the world of graphic novels. I may not be the ideal reader, however, because I tend to focus on the words and not savoring the incredibly detailed artwork. I'm trying to get into them because they appeal to my students, and I want to be able to have conversations with kids about the books they read. Putting my personal feelings on graphic novels aside, I did enjoy this quick read.

I love that Hatke included a quick way to l
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: blurb 2 16 Jan 30, 2019 12:49AM
Goodreads Librari...: new book in series 2 17 Dec 22, 2018 11:05AM
Goodreads Librari...: separate listings 2 13 Dec 21, 2018 08:41PM
Ben Hatke is an author and illustrator of graphic novels and picture books. Most notably he is the creator of the Zita the Spacegirl graphic novel series.

He posts art and stories online at:

www.benhatke.com

Mighty Jack (3 books)
  • Mighty Jack (Mighty Jack, #1)
  • Mighty Jack and the Goblin King (Mighty Jack, #2)