Start by marking “Life Is Short and Then You Die: First Encounters with Murder from Mystery Writers of America” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Life Is Short and Then You Die is the Mystery Writers of America's first teen anthology, edited by #1 New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong.

Adolescence is a time of “firsts.” First kiss. First love. First loss. First job. The first taste of adult responsibilities, and the first look at an independent life away from both the restrictions and the security of hom
Expected publication: September 10th 2019 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Life Is Short and Then You Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Is Short and Then You Die

really liked it 4.00  ·

Sarah Yung
A fun, if uneven, jaunt into short YA murder fiction. Like many (if not, dare I say, all) anthologies, there are some remarkably solid inclusions (“Summer Job,” “Gnat," “First Party Back,” etc.) amidst some weaker entries (“Daddy's Girl,” “The Company I Keep,” “Night of the Living Dog,” etc.). While there's a smattering of diverse characters throughout, it seems like the only author of color included is Y.S. Lee (correct me if I'm wrong).
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
Thank you to Imprint/Macmillan for my review copy.

I'm going to start with the warnings first.  Since this anthology is all about death and murder, you can already expect that it contains just about every trigger warning there is.  Murder, implied suicide, implied sexual assault, some sex (nothing explicit), language, animal deaths (not described, just mentioned), all types of abuse, Nazi Germany, teenagers saying slurs at others, talk about appearance (both good and bad), young teens in jail (hi
Jasmine
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a book that I could not put down. I ignored laundry, emails, phone calls, eating and sleep for this one. That’s how great it is!

This was the first time that I’ve read an anthology and it didn’t disappoint. I’m struggling with this review as I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. However, I will say that each short story is unique and different. All of them have their own identities and little twists that go along. I want to point out that there are a lot of triggers going on here so tread
Rebeca
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was an interesting read, it’s been a while since I read an anthology so I was thrilled to read this one! I will post my review close to the release date😊
Karyn Silverman
So it turns out a whole anthology of murder is... a lot? But as with all anthologies I’ve read, some standouts made it worth it.
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
*Goodreads Giveaway*
Well, this was a fun little read. I love short stories, particularly creepy/unsettling ones, so this book was right up my alley. As other reviewers have said, the book is a little uneven. Some of the stories are quite good, others not so much. I particularly enjoyed the couple of "historical" stories that were included. All in all, this book is a good weekend/rainy day read.
Michelle