Start by marking “The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!” as Want to Read:
The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!

The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!

(Treehouse #9)

New York Times-bestselling team Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton invite readers to come hang out with them in their 117-Story Treehouse--the ninth book in the illustrated chapter book series filled with Andy and Terry's signature slapstick humor!

Andy and Terry live in a 117-story treehouse. (It used to be a 104-story treehouse, but it just keeps growing!) It now has a
Published September 24th 2019 by Feiwel & Friends (first published July 23rd 2019)

Start your review of The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!
Murtaza Kuwarawala
Title : The 117- Storey Treehouse

Author : Andy Griffiths and Terry Dentons

Genre : Middle Grade Graphic Novel

Off late I have been getting my hands on quite a few Graphic Novels and I must say my picks have been really diverse and interesting. Yesterday, it was about a humorous take on life with Trust No Aunty, today it is about Middle Grade Fantasy 'The 117-Storey Treehouse'.

Blurb :

Andy and Terry have added another thirteen levels of crazy fun to their every-growing treehouse. They've got a
Nabila Shaikh
"Can't" "can" "can't" "can"

I read this whole book in about 45 mins. I'm the kind of person who'd read anything, even a picture book. I just take pleasure in reading.

This is a book for kids of about 7-11 year old. It made me wish I had a cousin/nephew to give it to because I bet they'd love it. I got reminded of the times I used to read fables and comics as a child at the opthalmologist's. It's very imaginative and entertaining as Terry, Andy and Jill are struggling to deliver a manuscript for
Tamsyn TG
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as some of the others but still an absolute classic
Salena He
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AMY
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Grades 4-5
371 pages. This episode had me laughing all the through! The author and illustrator are very gifted in humor and create more and more layers of fun in their wacky treehouse. This time there are tiny horses, a waiting room, an underwear museum and they are pursued by the story police after Terry tries to write the story. Kids will love this one! I think it gets better and better. I can’t wait for another addition to the treehouse fun! Highly recommended for Grades 4-5.
ZoZoXOXO
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was too much to take on. I hated it. HA! You’re so gullible! If I hated it, I wouldn’t rate it an amazing , would I? Here’s why I rated it . Listen closely y’all, I won’t explain twice . It is:
Thanks y’all!
Pam
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grades
Next in this series. Love the plays on several famous kids books and authors, Maurice Sendak, Beatrice Potter, Dr. Seuss.
The humor remains as crazy as ever.
Sophie Crane
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
I loved this book so much cant believe that there already on 117 love it so much please hurry up i have got all the books best auther and illustrator ever!
Barbara
That treehouse just keeps getting larger and larger, adding several stories with each book. I can see why this series would be popular with intermediate or middle grade readers since it's a fast read, but also because it contains clever references to other books and plenty of humor. In this installment, number nine in the series, Terry decides that it's time for him to write a book instead of just providing the illustrations. The only problem is that he's stuck for inspiration. Eventually, he ...more
Kat
Fans of the 13-Story Treehouse illustrated chapter book series will be clamoring to see what the next thirteen stories of the treehouse hold in store for young Andy and Terry in this ninth installment of the super-silly series, while those new to the series can still delight in the absurdity of this story as a stand-alone tale. The book follows their tried-and-true formula, which involves treehouse-dwelling Andy and Terry, accompanied by their animal-loving friend Jill, running around in ...more
Evan Micheals
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I read Melanie, Andy Griffiths latest journey into children’s absurdity. It certainly held her interest. At the core or it was Terry’s attempt to be a narrator leading to the attention of the stern “Story Police” and being sentenced to a billion years in jail.

“Reading too much into it Evan” found the filing monster a warning against idenitarians who want to classify everyone by type. Jill, Andy, and Terry point our we have infinite identities, thus confusing the filing monster..... All I could
Issa
I actually pretty hate it. They made another one called Terry's dumb dot story and it was exactly the same inside this book. I mean really, I wasted my money to buy this book. They repeat same things in the book so people already now what's going to happen. I couldn't wait till I was about finish reading it.
Sieul
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hollie
Aug 20, 2019 added it
a quote i love from this book is "illustrators can narrate too!"

i think the reader is trying to teach us that no matter what people say if we just believe in ourselves we can acheive anything

in my opinion this book is great, its fun, cheerful and full of joy.
Harrison Saich
There were too many recycled jokes, but the general absurdity + literary references made up for it. The picture book format combined w novelistic length is an unexpectedly winning combo.
Simon Sweetman
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We loved this. Probably the best of the season so far. Such good fun.
Maren Prestegaard
Maren LOVED this. A favorite author for her.
Samantha & Luke
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very dotty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucas Noonan
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was good for younger kids to read...
I still enjoy them though!
Emily
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
The treehouse books are predictable, but silly enough that they still work. I'd like to see them try something new, though.
Liz Cheshire
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
what I would expect but the story was about not having a story that was the plot so yeh:/

ill keep reading them tho I've been at it too long
Tuananh
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very funny and entertaining for my 9 year old child.
Melissa Lambert
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this one
Kane F
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
pretty good book
Imogene
Do I love a meta-narrative?
Gosh, yes I do.
It’s time for a pyjama party
And you’re invited too.
Jasmine
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was super funny and it made me LOL I love all the new levels of the tree house i cant wait to see the next one that just keep getting better.
Jamie
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, 2019
These are really not bad for sharing between an adult and a child because many of the jokes will be funnier to adults--my kids didn't really catch the joke about Beatrix "Potty," for instance.
Archee
Jul 26, 2019 added it
I like The treehouse series. I already finished reading this book and its fun to read.
Keren Kang
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Good illustrations...makes a kid feel good to read such a long book in one sitting...story is a bit lacking though.
Ietrio
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: junk
I think the editors are cheating. If the stories are dumb, than they must be children stories. And the dumber the story, the younger the children.

The drawings aren't any better.

• Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • Tom Gates 17: Tom Gates: Spectacular School Trip (Really.)
  • The Last Kids on Earth and the Midnight Blade
  • Tales from a Not-So-Best Friend Forever (Dork Diaries #14)
  • Tom Gates: Mega Make and Do (and Stories Too!)
  • The Beast of Buckingham Palace
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 10: The Baddest Day Ever
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 9: The Big Bad Wolf
  • The World’s Worst Teachers
  • WeirDo (WeirDo #1)
  • Knock Three Times
  • Tom Gates 15: What Monster?
  • Fing
  • Weirdomania!
  • Everything's Amazing [sort of] (Tom Gates, #3)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the

Treehouse (9 books)
  • The 13-Storey Treehouse
  • The 26-Storey Treehouse
  • The 39-Storey Treehouse
  • The 52-Storey Treehouse
  • The 65-Storey Treehouse
  • The 78-Storey Treehouse
  • The 91-Storey Treehouse
  • The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas & Jokes Galore!
“Well,’ says Mr Big Nose, ‘I could use an enthusiastic filing monster like you in my office at Big Nose Books.’ ‘Oh, that would be wonderful,’ says the monster. ‘I always wanted to get into publishing. It starts with P, one of my favourite letters.’ Terry giggles. ‘P,’ he says.” 0 likes
“waiting” 0 likes