Start by marking “A Bridge Too Fur” as Want to Read:
A Bridge Too Fur

A Bridge Too Fur

(Kitten Construction Company #2)

In A Bridge Too Fur the feline builders return, this time, with dogs!

Marmalade and her crew of construction kittens are in high demand!

Their latest assignment (and biggest job yet) is to build the new Mewburg bridge. But with the bridge comes the one thing that cats hate most of all—water! As the team struggles to face their fears and do their jobs, they are forced to get
Published October 1st 2019 by First Second

To ask other readers questions about A Bridge Too Fur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bridge Too Fur

Start your review of A Bridge Too Fur
KDV
Jul 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first one.
I wish my cats would start a construction company. Alas, they are staunch anti-capitalists committed to destruction.
Sam
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love me some demolition doggos.
Neha Thakkar
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When the first in this series came out, I couldn’t believe it didn’t get more hype! These are adorable, a bunch of kittens building and being architects? I mean come on! #soadorable! This one is just as cute, has the same witty word play AND even incorporates making new friends and seeing past a stereotype. Recommend!
Becky B
The Kitten Construction Company is riding high after successfully building the Mayor’s house and the new city stadium. They quickly jump at the next job the Mayor offers them, but has Marmalade taken on too much for the kittens. Because after all, a bridge does involve water. The stress is starting to get to Marmalade and they may not be able to finish this project. Where can they get more paws to help finish the bridge?

I like how this book tackles prejudices in a way that is very kid friendly,
Barbara
With two successful construction projects to their credit, the Kitten Construction Company is ready for new challenges. Designing a bridge for Mewburg is no big deal, but there is a problem. Yes, unfortunately, to the dismay of Marmalade and all the other cats except Bubbles, building a bridge is difficult simply because the construction will involve water--and kittens don't like water. It looks as though it's time to bring in reinforcements. But what if they're dogs? It's hard for Marmalade to ...more
Kelsey!
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Eh, similar humor to volume one (I laughed out loud again at the photos of the dogs at work, though perhaps not as hearty of a guffaw as I let out the first time) but the storyline falters; it's pretty much a reworking of the first installment, except now it's the cats treating the dogs poorly, out of prejudice against dogs, misplaced fear, and inflated self-importance. (Except at least by the end the kittens demonstrate some growth! Unlike most humans in the last story.)

Though I'm glad there wa
Marmalade nearly makes the same old mistake that she was on the other side of in the last book. When the Kitten construction crew is having difficulties finishing a bridge for their aversion to water, she reluctantly hires dogs to help finish the job, but it will take a little more work before she is open-minded enough to trust them. Another great story about not letting prejudice hold people back from accomplishing great things.
Ryan
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was just as cute as the first one. This time the Kitten construction has to work around water as they are building a bridge. But there is only one cat who can get close enough to help. So the crew takes on some new staff: dogs. But can the cats ever trust the dogs? This is a great series for beginning readers, or reluctant readers.
#LitsyAtoZGN
emyrose8
Ahh!!! This book is so cute! And it has a great message to go along with it too. It's a short graphic novel that reads really fast. There's some good vocab in here too. The kittens have to overcome their fear of water to build a bridge, and overcome their prejudice against dogs. Lots of lessons can be mined from this colorful, cuddly book. (Plus there are a few Easter eggs for grown-ups to find). Definitely one I'll be recommending to my students.

Thanks Netgalley for the ARC!
Erin
Trying to read all the 2020 Eisner nominations!

So cute I'm gonna die 😭
Destinee Sutton
I'm putting this on my early chapter book shelf despite it not having chapters. Longer than a picture book, but not quite a novel, this is purrfect (sorry) for ages 6 to 8. I read it aloud to my 6yo in one sitting and we had a good discussion based on the plot: the kittens didn't like being discriminated against -- so why was Marmalade discriminating against the dogs?
Zac
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great funny comic perfect for younger readers, with larger text and panels. Loved the little cat behaviours that John worked into the story.
H
Sep 17, 2020 rated it liked it
The cute little construction kitties are back! This time they are face with building a new bridge but they don't have enough crew to complete the job! When new members are found, the leader of the company deals out the discrimination that he was subjected to the last book. Did the kitty not learn? He even gave them the same busy work that he was given.

It is once again a very thinly tome about discrimination. A Bridge Too Fur is about not trusting those who don't look like you. Hopefully, this t
Risa
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
So fun and sweet.
Hamster
Although I didn’t enjoy this one as much as the first (the puns were getting out of hand) it had a great message and some laugh out loud moments.
The concept of book 1 was a huge part of its charm so Green had a big challenge in moving the story along without resorting to the same jokes of the first. He does a great job in that. The story is fresh and engaging. Still love the art. Kids that like pet puns will want to get their paws on this. (Sorry.)
Rosemary
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The follow-up to last year's Meet the House Kittens, this latest in the Kitten Construction Company series has Marmalade and friends facing a new construction project - building the new Mewburg Bridge! But Marmalade is afraid of water, and what do bridges cross? WATER! The kittens figure out a workaround, and they have to call subcontractors in to help with the demolition work. When the Demo Doggos show up to the site, though, Marmalade's biased feelings about dogs stand in the way of true teamw ...more
Marcia
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun graphic novel for younger readers. Lots of word play and a nice message of working together.
Stephanie Tournas
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The House Kittens Catstruction Company has a new challenge: to build a new bridge in Mewburg. However, bridges by their very nature involve water, and cats do not like water! Enter the canine construction crew to help – but will the cats and dogs get along? A sweet, easy to read early grade graphic novel that delivers gentle drama and a message of feline empowerment and building bridges, pun intended! The simple pencil drawn art is appealing and displayed in large panels with prominent speech bu ...more
Justin
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was fun, and while it is the second in a series, you don't have to read the first one. This was a fun story about kittens trying to build a bridge and needing help from some dogs.
Maurer
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My son and I finished this book and again, he loved it. My only complaint as a parent is that I wish it would have been longer, because he loved the story and we finished it so very quickly.
Amy Pickett
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Marmalade and her team, House Kittens Construction, have just completed Mewburg Stadium and are looking for their next project. Designing a new bridge to replace Mewburg’s old one is outside Marmalade’s comfort zone as an architect, but that makes it an exciting new challenge! The mayor greenlights the project, and Marmalade is ready to begin catstruction when she remembers … all that water. Falling behind schedule, she must contemplate the unthinkable: hiring Carl Barks and his Demo Doggos (who ...more
Rachel
Fun and playful with a good message about working together and finding our strengths
Melody
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Clever introduction of dogs to the crew.
Christine
The Kitten Construction Company was assigned to build a bridge. However, like most cats, they were afraid of water. (Bubbles was a plumber and enjoyed water, but she was the exception.) The kittens found it difficult to get their job done without encountering water. Therefore, they decided to hire dogs to work alongside them. At first, Marmalade treated the dogs unfairly and gave them menial work. She treated the dogs just like the mayor and city planner had treated her. At the end, Marmalade an ...more
Raymond Library
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really cute graphic novel and story about putting aside differences to work together and accomplish greatness.
Lynn
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty cute graphic for grades 1-5. I liked the lessons incorporated in the story of patience and working together. I think my elementary students will want to check this out.
Ali
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great story! Great art! Nice message. Plus cute puns and cats and dogs.
Polly
I don't like this as much as the first one, it's pretty much a rerun of the first book, but now the cats are the dumb humans and the dogs save the day. Surely something more interesting could have happened?
Bethe
It’s not as cute as the first, but I like the collaboration the cat crew has with another construction company.
David Atwell
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: empty-shelf-2020
Marmalade has better character growth than a lot of big movie characters.

• Yorick and Bones
  • Shuri: A Black Panther Novel (Marvel)
  • Be Safe Around Fire
  • All the Pieces Fit (Hilo, #6)
  • When Stars Are Scattered
  • Akissi: More Tales of Mischief
  • Row, Row, Row Your Boat
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves!
  • Hooray for Babies!
  • The Red Maze
  • Over the Garden Wall: Soulful Symphonies #1
  • Over the Garden Wall: Soulful Symphonies #2
  • The Magicians #1
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
John Green grew up on Long Island and has worked in New York City ever since graduating from School of Visual Arts for Graphic Design in 1997. He was the comics consultant for Disney Adventures magazine, and in addition to Disney has written, illustrated, or otherwise worked on comics for Nickelodeon, Dreamworks, Scholastic, DC Comics, and First Second Books. When not drawing comics John creates a ...more

Kitten Construction Company (2 books)
  • Kitten Construction Company: Meet the House Kittens