Start by marking “Unexpected Gift” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Gift

Unexpected Gift

(The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles #2)

USA Today Bestselling Author HJ Bellus brings you a second chance holiday romance that will make you believe in Santa and Christmas miracles.

Another winter means Christmas in Cringle Cove, the cozy resort town nestled in the mountains of Pennsylvania. My home.

It was never my dream to run my aunt’s bed and breakfast, but it’s my reality. The only good thing about this time
Published November 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Gift

Start your review of Unexpected Gift
Rejane
Stacy Jo
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am loving the Cringle Cove collection!! Roan and Poppy love!! And little Grace is amazeballs!!
Maren Lee
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Single mom. Second chance romance with world famous country music star.
Lydia H
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Christmas Romance

If you love Hallmark movies during Christmas, you need to read this novella. Just as well, if you live for second chance romances, you need to read this! Roan and Poppy's story was sweet from beginning to end and it made my heart sigh happily. A must read holiday romance!!
Paula Wooddell
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, funny second chance romance. Absolutely loved it. This novella makes you feel like you are a part of Cringle Cove and don’t want to leave.
Coco.V
Dec 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/1/2019)! 🎁
Kylee
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book from the Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles Series is a second chance romance with a touch of a Christmas miracle wrapped up in a pretty red bow. Unexpected Gift is a holiday romance filled with reflection, acceptance, love, laughter and lets not forget cookies and pie. Roan and Poppy's story is touching, full of holiday cheer and so wrapped up in love it will keep you warm on a cold winter's night. A story that will touch your heart and instantly bring you happiness that you can only f ...more
Konny
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-v
Unexpected Gift by HJ Bellus is book two in the Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles by various authors.

Meet Roan McDaniels and Poppy Hughes. Roan left his hometown and gained riches and fame. He' the country's hottest country music star. But he left something behind. Poppy and he were inseparable as highschool sweetharts, but he broke her t´rust and heart when he left. Poppy is a single mom and runs the family B&B. But the business is failing and she's lonely, her walls are high up. When Roan show
Iwona
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a nice quick christmas read. Getting together with family and friends. Forgetting your troubles. Looking to the future. These are all things we do at the holidays and Poppy’s story is just the Christmas read. Poppy has had a rough go the past few years. Working for a BB is always hard. When her past bumps into her it pushes her out of her comfort zone. Roan is taking a much needed break from his life. Being home has its good and bad but seeing Poppy after all those years is wonderful. Can t ...more
Denise
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh man this one had magic and captured my attention as another Christmas story I read but had not planned too. Since I read a couple out of this group that centered around Cringle Cove I squeezed this one in. It honestly only too easy too that you fall into this one fast thanks to the writing and the characters. For some reason they pulled me in quickly especially when they met up again. Poppy started and Roan added to it. His big head had him in wrong place at one time but now his second chance ...more
Karie Gibson
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in love with this story. There's no better time to come together with family and find forgiveness in your heart. Roan andPoppy made my heart melt. There's nothing better than a sweet second chance romance with some heat. Little Grace was a like icing on the cake. I cant wait to read the rest of the Cringle Cove books!!
Lisa   cheney
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love second chance romances, and for it to be a Christmas story, it's a time for caring and family, when poppy runs into to Roam at the coffee shop can she put the past behind them, or will the past dictate her future, will the be able to over come what has happened? This is such a sweet short story that will leave you wanting more
Lisa
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this one instantly! Roan and Poppy grabbed hold of my heart and never let me go!
I could not get enough of these two and little Grace melted my heart into a big ole gooey puddle.
I absolutely loved this sweet, quick, second-chance love story! It is sure to have your heart and put you right in the Christmas spirit!
Crystal Gray
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Poppy and Roan, and who wouldn't fall in love with Grace. The story wouldn't be the same without her. A big part of me hopes HJ decides to write the others' stories too! Jake and Ivy, Brad, and Greyson! It could be magical, hint hint! Even a prequel with Mom and Dad's story! Oh the possibilities. Not only do you fall in love with this town, but you fall in love with the family.
Carolyn Handy
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great second chance romance with Christmas as a theme. Can't go wrong. The only wrinkle on this story comes when Roan wants to have a charity concert to help struggling businesses in Cringle Cove. I don't understand Poppy's reaction to this more than generous gesture. Other than that, I thought the book kept my interest.
Penny Leidecker
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this second chance holiday story. Poppy and Roan were each other’s forever until he left to become the king of country. What happens when he returns home for the Christmas holidays? Grab your copy and get ready to fall in love with the Hughes and the McDaniels families. You’ll also be laughing out loud during parts of this story.
Katie Conley
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this story. What a sweet second chance romance. The way Poppy is able to forgive and move forward, and how Roan immediately loves Grace (who is hilarious) even though she is not his child. 2 thumbs up! <3 ...more
Kim Gauger
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super sweet Christmas read

A super sweet second chance Christmas romance that will leave you with all the feels you need in your heart. Clean and good for anyone to read. LoVed this book and just what a needed in a great Christmas story.
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
This book was fabulous!! Absolutely fell in love with the beautifully written characters of Poppy and Roan. Through in twin brothers and an adorable little girl and you have a setting that makes this story. Second chance romance at it's best. I love this series.
Diane plourde
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

What a nice way to start the holiday season with a great second chance novella that is set during that time.

This is a second chance for Roan and Poppy and little Grace. A beautiful, sweet fun story that was read in one sitting. I highly recommend this story.
Becca Whaley
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing short sweet Christmas second chance !!!!
Roan and Poppy’s second chance is beautiful .... This sweet and charming little town is full of love and family. !!!!! A must read with all the feels
Tammi
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this holiday story!
It has some of my favorite elements small town, second chance, a rocker (he's country but you get it) and the sweetest little girl running around stealing hearts.
This was my first Cringle Cove book and will definitely be looking for more.
Kendra Needs
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg so good. I was not ready for this to end
Flo Grugel
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very sweet festive read. Good characters with a hea.
Rosa Ascenso
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute love story. R. A

It's a cute love story and a fast read. I say it's a must read but I like second change love stories to last longer.
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

Oh loved Poppy and Roan story! Such a great Christmas read. Read this in one sitting...Once you start you will not put down.
Sue Stewart
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good story! Great characters!
Tammy Moody hall
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved it
Ciara Kelly
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet read

That was the cutest little thing. This writer has a knack of creating smile worthy characters, but she excels at adorable children.

• Santa Baby: a Carelli Family Christmas Novella
  • Just Breathe Again
  • Remedy
  • Just One Kiss (Oh Tequila #4)
  • Secret Baby (Forbidden First Times #4)
  • Captivate (Brooklet Dreams #2)
  • Daniel's Gift
  • The Path to Us
  • Rewind
  • Play Me
  • My Best Mistake
  • A Glimpse of the Dream
  • Tristan (The Ruins of Emblem #1)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Warrant (Vindicator, #2)
  • Reining Her In
  • Gravitate (Brooklet Dreams #3)
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers Book 1)
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2tjmFtN
BookBub: http://bit.ly/

The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles (6 books)
  • Wrapped in Love
  • Winter Games
  • Mistletoe Not Required (The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles, #4)
  • What the Elf? (The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles #5)
  • Christmas on the Rocks