Start by marking “Christmas on the Rocks” as Want to Read:
Christmas on the Rocks

Christmas on the Rocks

(The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles #6)

Shaine

It's Christmas in Cringle Cove. Somebody save me.

This place makes me crazy with all the decorations. But one thing makes being here even worse: my ex-boyfriend. In fact, he makes me regret ever leaving the house.

One wrong step and I fall—hard. Who's there to save me? None other than Max. Seeing him again brings back so many memories. One, in particular, brings tears

To ask other readers questions about Christmas on the Rocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas on the Rocks

Start your review of Christmas on the Rocks
Isha Coleman
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Anyone who says a broken heart builds character, clearly hasn't had a heart that's been deeply wounded. Dare lays out an exercise in healing. Christmas on the Rocks is a heart-tugging tale of lost love. Haunted by regret and tempted by forever history has a way of finally setting hearts right. For Maxton and Shaine maturity has taught them to tread carefully when it comes to matters of the heart. This time, can the couple who happened to get romance wrong, succeed at finally getting it right?
Amber
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I dont read a lot of holiday romances as usually theyre too short or too cheesy for me LOL However, I really loved Christmas on the Rocks by Michelle Dare. She did amazing with the characters and the place setting that was built around them. The connection from Shaine and Maxton can be felt through the pages of this story. Your heart really goes out to the couple and once you start reading there's no putting it down. I really loved Maxton, he goes in the book boyfriend vault LOL I really wouldn' ...more
Linda Rea
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a perfect Christmas story at least for me. Shaine is home on Christmas break and maybe she can avoid all the Christmasy stuff and Max her ex. Shaine is like a college aged Scrooge but a lot of it is because she and Max don’t date anymore and it’s no ones fault but her own. When she slips on ice and Max helps her they agree to try and be friends but they are both so afraid of getting hurt again it’s going to take a lot of trust to get there. I loved the characters and how normal they were ...more
Cindy Fong
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Home - it is the one place that Shaine hates to visit especially during the holidays becasue she does all that she can to avoid the one person who can break her, Max. Although her hiding from Max tactics have worked in the past, this holiday fate puts them both innto each other's path and forces them to come to terms with one another. With a little prodding of her sister Willow and his friend Dean, can Max and Shanie finally work through their problems are realize that apart they are broken, tog ...more
Denise
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I do not read many Christmas themed novels or stories but their were a few authors that got me to read theirs as this was one of them. This one was a quick and delightful read that had me rooting for a second chance louder than I have in a long time. Shaine and Max are like two peas running away but this time something will be a bit different. Follow them getting pulled on the edge in a good way cheering them along. This relationship will give you the fuzzies and leave you feeling more than good ...more
Veronica LaRoche
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love second chance Christmas stories, then you will love reading Max and Shaine’s story. Shaine & Max are so perfect for each other and I really enjoyed their story. You can feel the emotions the characters are feeling and the love they have for each other is undeniable. A short second chance Christmas romance that every one should one click.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Lorie Glowania
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick holiday read that I highly recommend for fans of the second chance romances. Shaine broke up with Maxton before leaving for college tearing him apart. Now back in town for the holidays they meet again. Is there still a chance or is it over. This is a story about growing up and finding your way.
Kim  Brewing
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can I hit them both over the head with a large candy cane?!? It's been awhile since I have been so frustrated with two characters. If they had spent as much time making amends as they did guarding their hearts they would have been together so much sooner. I will say that we get lots of story for a novella.
Elaine
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Dare is one of my go to author's. Her books are beautifully written and her characters flow with ease, this story is the same. I fell in love with Maxton and Shaine truely high school sweathearts but she was going to college and broke his heart!
The story doesn't end there!!!
Suzanne
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is like Michelle Dare cloned me into a story! I am exactly how Shaine is when it comes to Christmas. Then you have Max. I totally get where she was coming from not wanting to come home. But then she lets things out and explains it all and my heart broke for Max. I understood the reasonings but doesn’t make it any less heartbreaking. This town is totally magical as Max tries to woo Shaine no matter how much she fights it or tries to avoid them. They are meant to be together. I have to say I gi ...more
Stefanie Kral
✯✯4 Second Chance Stars!!!✯✯

If you’re a fan of second chance romance stories, this is for you. If you’re a Michelle Dare fan, again this is for you and if you’re a Christmas love you definitely wanna read this.

Shaine and max were high school sweethearts. Shaine couldn’t wait to go to college and getaway from their town of Cringle Cove. It’s a small town surrounded by everything Christmas and everybody knows everybody. Nobodies business is their own. Right before Shaine left for college she
Michelle Mulvey
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shaine Prescott and Maxton Kenrick were high school sweethearts who lived in Cringle Cove. Christmas is Cringle
Cove is like a winter wonderland. Before Shaine left for college she broke Maxton’s heart by ending their relationship. She thought the grass would be greener on the other side. She quickly realized she made a huge mistake and wanted Max back but he would not give in to her.

Here it is, years later and they finally run into each other again. Max actually rescues Shaine whe. She falls on
Judy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story has three of my favorite things! 1) The setting takes place at Christmas, 2) It's a second chance romance story, and 3) It's written by Michelle Dare! Her stories are always like visiting old friends even when you haven't even met them yet.

Shaine broke Max's heart when she left for college. She was led to believe she couldn't have a boyfriend and live the "college life", so she broke up with him. When she realized her mistake she tried to get him back, but he wasn't interested. Becaus
Debra
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shaine and Maxton have a history that neither can move from. Shaine sought to leave Cringle Cove, her Christmas themed town, as soon as the ink dried on her High School diploma. She also left Maxton, her high school boyfriend behind. Maxton likes Cringle Cove and Christmas, He was heartbroken when Shaine left, but had enough fortitude to not come running when she changed her mind and begged for him to come back to her. So now she is also heartbroken.
This short novella highlights how these two so
Raecharmed
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Max and Shaine were high school sweethearts but when she went off to college she knew that they wanted different things so she ended things between them. Shaine is back in her home town again and dreads running into her ex because she hasn't really gotten over him. Max always knows when Shaine is back and longs for what might've been. However when she falls on some ice its Max who rescues her. Sparks still fly between them even after being apart. Can they work through things and get back togethe ...more
Jenny Harris
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book with the understanding that I could leave a voluntary and honest review.

In this book we meet Shaine Prescott and Maxton Kenrick. Shaine is still in love with Maxton but she knows when she left for college she would never get a second chance with him. That doesn't mean she doesn't crave it with all her being. Maxton doesn't know how to get past the fact that Shaine is still the only woman he truly wants. Can these find their HEA or will the hurt from the past be more than ei
CS
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 Stars

When Shaine returns home for Christmas break, she’s in a foul mood. Heartbroken and still in love with Max, the love of her life, she’s had a chance to grow up while attending college.
Regret fills her soul and haunts her mind as she relives the horrible period in her life when she breaks up with Max and ruins both their lives.
This Second Chance Christmas story was heartbreakingly sweet, with Max finally forgiving Shaine and having his HEA with her.
A bit of drama with a jealous ex, b
Anne Dwyer
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shaine is home at Cringle Cove for the college break. She hates Christmas - and wants not to run into Maxton, the boy she broke up with before she went to college - the man she will always love. She tried to reconcile a year later, but he wouldnt go there. Max still loves her too, but is afraid of getting hurt again. A lot of people in the town think she is not good enough for him. Will they be able to work it out? This story made me laugh, and it made me cry - Michelle is an amazing author!

I re
Crystal Spieker
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christmas On The Rocks is the perfect Holiday story that will make your heart swell, and give you that feel good life is warm and cozy feel! Set in Cringle Cove, the ultimate Christmas town, Shaine is back from college for Christmas break, and doing everything she can to avoid the town and all its Christmas glory and even more so Maxton! Unfortunately for her life (or ice..and a few others) have different plans. Max and Shaine’s story is the second chance Holiday romance you don’t want to miss!
Lisa H
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shaine and Maxton were high school sweethearts. They broke up when Shaine went to college. She wanted to experience more and Maxton only wanted to stay in their small town.

I didn’t care that Maxton’s hook ups are in this novella. In fact both of them have sampled many other people in their time apart. Which is fair. I can’t stand when it’s only the guy.

They constantly say how neither moved on but that’s just maybe emotionally.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Vanessa Fischer
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She thought it was better to go to college without a boyfriend and broke it off with her only true love. No one has ever measured up to him. She avoids him every time she comes home. She knows she made a mistake, but doesn't think there is a way to repair the damage done. He was devastated when she broke things off and has never recovered. A fall on an icy patch with him as witness and he comes to the rescue. An interesting read to follow their story.

I received a free copy of this book via Books
Velma Pena
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can a fall on an icy patch change their story? Christmas On The Rocks is the perfect Holiday story. Shaine thought it was better to go to college without a boyfriend and broke it off with her only true love. No one has ever measured up to him. She avoids him every time she comes home because she knows made a mistake but doesn't think there is a way to repair the damage done. Max was devastated when Shaine broke things off and never recovered. An interesting read to follow their story.

I received
Philleys Peters
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shaine is home for the holidays, still loves Max but she is still too frightened to be hurt by his rejection again. Now if he wants her back (and he does!!!) then it is up to him to work on assuring her that he loves her, wants her and won't reject her again? These two are too stubborn to take the initiative on their own without some helpful advice and much needed pushes from loving mamas and caring bffs. And the Christmas holidays is a wonderful time for love!

I received a free copy of this book
Ewa
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was great,christmasy story.
Sweet,sexy and funny, quick and delightful read .
The second chance for Shaine and Max. They are running away from each other with broken hearts.
Is this time running to each other will be a bit different. Ok, maybe not running,she slipped on the ice.
Will he save her? Will she accept help.
Follow them getting pulled on the edge and you may even start cheering them along.
Enjoy!

Catherine Coffman
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shaine is home on Christmas break to Cringle Cove the place she hates the most with all the Christmas decorations, ice, cold and her ex boyfriend Max.

Max has never stopped loving Shaine and when she home for Christmas break he’s hoping that she will be his again.

One slip on the ice and Max is there to save Shaine. Shaine has never stopped loving Max but her heart was broken and she’s not sure she wants to let Max back in. Can they move past there past and find love with each other again. Cring
Christine Garza
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic second chance holiday romance from Michelle Dare. Shaine and Max were high school sweethearts until life decisions tore them apart. Now reunited years later, emotions are stirred and Shaine and Max must heal their hearts in order to make amends and find love again. Christmas on the Rock was fabulously well written with wonderful characters readers will fall in love with. This is a must read holiday story that readers will fall in love with and won't want to put down.

I receiv
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Christmas on the Rocks is a great second chance romance. Although the story is a short read, it flows well, and the characters are well written.

Shaine and Maxton have been separated since she went to college. She broke his heart and now that she’s back in Cringle Cove for the holidays, she is dreading their encounter. Although she stressed me out a few times because of her negative attitude, I think she and Max are perfect for each other. Max is definitely book-boyfriend material.
Véronique Laplante Grenier
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I never was a big fan of holliday romance or stories in general, but with Michelle Dare being one of my fave author I didnt hesitate before reading this one and wasnt dissapointed. Really fell in love with these two caracters. It really was a lovely story. I could barely put it down. Will sure be reading the other books in The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles.

Christina Oswald
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Xmas second chance romance! I loved this quick read so hard. Michelle Dare's writing will suck you into the character's emotions. Told in both Shaine and Max's POV.
Shaine is back from college for Christmas break. She hates that her home town is so festive. She hates it more because Max is there and she ruined them.
Max is determined to get Shaine back. She's always been his and he's going to prove it to her.
poppy
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just love a good holiday read and if its a well written second chance romance then that even better. Maxton and Shaine were high school sweetheart but when she went away to college she broke poor Max's heart realising her mistake she tries to get him back but he was not having any of it. Every time she visits home she hides away from him but this trip finds her falling and him coming to her aid. This was a really good little read and I really liked it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Betraying the Mob (The Mob Lust Series, #3)
  • Fine Line (Crossing Lines, #1)
  • Whisper of Love (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Slaying the Mob (Mob Lust #4)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • The Sheikh's Christmas Fling (Christmas with the Yared Sheikhs, #1)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Blurred Line (Crossing Lines, #2)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Dirty Husband (Dirty Rich #3)
  • Always You, Always Us: A Young Adult Sweet and Clean Romance
  • Accidental Rebel
  • The Bangover (The Bangover #1)
  • January's First (Kisses at Midnight, #2)
  • Green: a friends to lovers romantic comedy
  • Exes & Ho Ho Hos
  • Secret Baby
Michelle Dare is a USA Today Bestselling Author. Her stories range from sweet to sinful and from paranormal to contemporary. There aren’t enough hours in the day for her to write all the story ideas in her head. When not writing or reading, she’s a wife and mom living in eastern Pennsylvania. One day she hopes to be writing from a beach where she will never have to see snow or be cold again.

Facebo

The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles (6 books)
  • Wrapped in Love
  • Unexpected Gift
  • Winter Games
  • Mistletoe Not Required (The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles, #4)
  • What the Elf? (The Cringle Cove Christmas Chronicles #5)

News & Interviews