Start by marking “Vengeful” as Want to Read:
Vengeful

Vengeful

(Villains #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  22,169 ratings  ·  4,033 reviews
Eli Ever and Victor Vale were only medical students when their mutual discovery that near-death experiences can, under the right conditions, manifest extraordinary abilities.

They were best friends, and rivals, and then enemies. They were dead, then alive, and then---Eli killed Victor, once and for all.

Or so he thought---but Sydney Clarke felt otherwise, and used her own su
Published March 19th 2019 by Titan Publ. Group Ltd. (first published September 25th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Vengeful, please sign up.
Kiona It's going to be a trilogy. I remember seeing it on one of her AMAs on Reddit.
The books should be: Vicious, Vengeful, and Victorious if I remember…more
It's going to be a trilogy. I remember seeing it on one of her AMAs on Reddit.
The books should be: Vicious, Vengeful, and Victorious if I remember correctly.(less)

·  22,169 ratings  ·  4,033 reviews

Chaima ✨ شيماء
Me, having absolutely no concept of liking things in moderation: I WOULD DIE A THOUSAND FIERY DEATHS FOR THIS BOOK.

I feel like I need to dress up for reviewing this book, to take it in gratitude for a night out in someplace fancy, to offer it drinks. I’m so full of an unnamed wanting that I can’t bear it—like whatever I will allow to crawl out of my heart and down my arm and out my fingers is not enough because I just [clenches fist] love this series SO MUCH.

I first read Vicious a couple years a
Emily May
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, sci-fi
His eyes met Victor’s, and for a second neither man moved.
Run, thought Victor, and he could see the response in Eli’s coiled frame.
Chase me.

Oh, how I loved this book! I've waited five long years for the sequel to Vicious and I was starting to think it would never happen... but Vengeful was so so good. Definitely worth the wait.

This duology (series??) is called "Villains" and yet the characters are so much more interesting than that. While I've enjoyed a number of Schwab's books, I feel like her
Victoria Schwab
One day I will be finished writing/rewriting this book.

ETA: HAH. I DEFEATED YOU, BOOK MONSTER.

ETA: Holy shit, VENGEFUL is up for a Goodreads Choice Award!! If you follow me at all online, you know what this book took from me in terms of blood, sweat, tears, and sanity, and how proud I am of the finished product. I'd be honored to have your vote!
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
I could not put this book down!!

Probably my favorite book by V E Schwab. Loved the story, loved the superpowers, loved the strong messed up female characters, loved that the story was told backward, loved the flashbacks.

Book 2 was even better than the first one. Can't recommend this enough!

Only thing is... gold nail polish? Really?
Kai
“I don't want to survive. I want to thrive.”

Am I Victor Vale yet cause I can assure you that I died several times during the course of this book.

After wiping cold sweat off my forehead and 5 minutes of deep and thorough breathing exercises I am relieved and happy to tell you that I loved Vengeful. I had high hopes, but my fears were taller. Ever since Victoria had announced that she would write a sequel to Vicious, I wondered whether this was a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first bo
Elise (TheBookishActress)
“Men look at anyone with power and see only a threat, an obstacle in their path. They never have the sense to see power for what it really is. Potential.”

Vengeful was my second most anticipated book of this year, and it did not disappoint at all. It was absolutely a wild ride and I read it in, literally, two sittings within the same day. S0 let’s scream!
➽G O D, T H A T ’ S G O O D

I think Schwab’s writing style for Vicious is the best of every talent she has in the writing department; she
Lia
Okay. I'm gonna be a big brave girl and say it.
This wasn't that great.
There, I said it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Phew. That was a hard one to admit.

I mean
-yes, I liked it.
-yes, Victoria Schwab could write assembly instructions and I'd still read every word like it was prose.
-yes, it was great to be back into the Villains universe.
-yes, it was entertaining and made me lose my mind.
-and yes, I still think Mitch should adopt us all.

But I can't say I loved Vengeful as much as I loved Vicious because it'd be a lie.
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Guys, get ready...
jessica
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
theres nothing quite like reading about a bunch of sociopaths to make you feel good about your life. additionally, theres nothing like enjoying a book about sociopaths to make you feel the need to re-evaluate your life. lol.

this had everything i loved about vicious, and so much more! i dont even know where to begin. how lucky we are to even get a sequel? how much more world building was present in this? the fact that mitch was still so wholesome? the brilliance of schwabs storytelling? how much
⚔ Silvia ⚓
I know Victor Vale is real because this book made me feel all kinds of pain
myra
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You thought Vicious was good? Well jokes on you.
Faith (BookSelf ~ You Are What You Read)
Good grief I'm finally done with this.

I'm disappointed. I'm underwhelmed. I'm frankly a little pissed off. I went into this book with the excitement of a giddy child and came out a crone hardened by sheer boredom and anger (the worst kind). I was happy with the story, so very happy, but once Marcella (a new addition AKA the lady on the cover) mutinied and became the star of the show, around the 50% mark, I found myself dreading reading this.

I don't want this to be a long review so I'm going to b
❄️Nani❄️
One of top 5 worst reads of 2018.

This was a fiasco. An absolute clusterfuck.
What a joke.
Lexie
Nov 11, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Update: Verily, that the sequel to Vicious is titled Vengeful is a beautiful case of both alliteration and sinister phrasing. Then again, it is Victor Vale, so perhaps poetry and peril were par for the course.

Alliteration awesomeness
emi
OH

MY

GOD

THIS F*CKING BOOK

Someone pls kill me as this book is making me suffer inside

And then bring me back to life bc I want superpowers

Anyways RTC.
C.G. Drews
And that was entirely INTENSE. Also long so I feel like I was just flung down 57 flights of stairs and am now gasping at the end with my leGS brOKEn. Although I will admit I liked Vicious better and I'm a teeny bit disappointed because I expected a 5star read and (for me) it wasn't. But like it was still excellent.

I'm absolutely reeling with the cleverness of the timelines. I understand why Schwab was dying on twitter while writing this. I've written a teeny-tiny 2-timeline split book and that n
Hamad
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Victoria Schwab liked my tweet
My life is complete!!

Samantha
3.75. I might bump this up to 4 because that’s what I thought I’d give it up until the very end. But this was very anti climactic for me and definitely did not compare to how perfect Vicious was for me.
may ❀
i just have one question, what in the hell just happened?

that is all

Im simultaneously destroyed and yet so fulfilled and content at this ending

I cant believe this story is over for the time being, I genuinely felt like I was living with them GOSH DAMMIT

- I cant even begin to describe what this book did to me
- Victor vale: a madman, book defiler, a soft dad, just wants to feel alive again and honestly relatable
- Mitch: a marshmallow that got stuck inside a rugby player’s body, the other soft dad,
Warda
Mar 01, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So, I read the prologue whilst waiting for a friend and my. Mind. Was. Blown.

Need to chop chop-it and reread Vicious already!

——————————————————

I can't breathe...

This calls for a moment of silence.
amy ☂︎
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, 2018, favs
this.......................... was everything i wanted, truly.

i don't know how schwab does it but somehow she just manages to wrap her series up so perfectly. i loved every single word in this book, i lived and breathed victor, syd, mitch and even eli, i clutched my heart so many times i lost count. I LOVE THIS BOOK WITH EVERY PART OF MY SOUL I JUST WANT TO SCREAM IT INTO THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm so filled with love and pain, i don't even know how to put any of it into words.

i feel like no
☆ Mira ✷
#hide yo kids hide yo wife schwab came for us all

^me meeting Victoria Schwab the day after I finished Vengeful and trying not to be freakishly starstruck. (she said she loved my "Victor Vale is my hero" shirt, which is peak fangirl try and top me. Also, I always thought that she must be the Devil & Co due to how her books screw me over, but she's so sweet and funny, she definitely has no Satanic origins.)

Anyway, after finishing Vengeful, I spent 10 mins searching GIF websites for variations
✨    jamieson   ✨
Ms Victoria Schwab really sat down, opened her laptop, and wrote THIS? Knowing full well people like ME would have to read it and cry and suffer?? 911 I’d like to report an attempted murder.

Sometimes a family is: your angst emo super power dad who’s doing his best, your sweet hot chocolate making uncle whos job is to tell the family not to do bad things and you, the adopted child who loves undead dogs and thinks it’s kinda cool ur dad kills people

✨ A ✨
I finished this book over a week ago and have procrastinated this review because I AM STILL completely S H O O K.
description

It took a while to put my thoughts together. And I will now attempt to express my love for this book and all these kick-ass characters, who are all so dear to me.

SPOILERS BELOW

The five year time jump came as a surprise, though not an unwelcome one. Throughout the book there was plenty time jumping and changing of POV, but I managed to keep up and I didn't mind.

After the end of Vi
Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway)
AM I DREAMING?? One of my all-time favourite books gets a sequel?!

This is too good to be true.

What I want to know is when? WHEN?
Raeleen Lemay
Not quite as good as Vicious, sadly. I figure the easiest way to sum up my thoughts is with a couple of handy dandy lists:

What I Liked

-BACKSTORY. This book gave us tons of backstory on Eli, back to his childhood and his early days at Lockland with Victor. LOVE LOVE LOVED THIS.
-New characters. I grew tired of Marcella after a while, but I am head over heels obsessed with June. Her power is so insanely cool, and I would have gladly read a whole book about her. I have a couple of theories about her
Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Victoria Schwab
Shelves: audiobooks
*Sigh* This was great. Such a satisfying end to a wholly enjoyable duology. Or is it? JK, but I'm always hopeful that authors will return to my favorite worlds to continue stories on, even if it be through supporting character's stories. Marcella and June were exciting additions to the cast, and my mind is blown by how intricately the timelines were weaved together to keep our attention grasped. Highly recommend these books to folks who enjoy deep character studies of characters that are beyond ...more
Ashley Nuckles
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is there better be a Villains #3 after this because I just want to know who the hell June is. C’monnnnnnnn
Bibi
VENGEFUL? OMG YES

-------
Three words. MORE VICTOR VALE

bye.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Vengeful (Villains #2) by V. E. Schwab - Restarting September 17th 2019 45 112 Sep 03, 2019 02:41AM
The Procrastinato...: Vengeful (August 2019) - Althea, Hannah, and Bree 14 23 Aug 17, 2019 09:47PM
Fox Book Club: Best Sci-Fi 12 440 Aug 02, 2019 08:42PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 3 14 Jun 25, 2019 12:27AM

• Other Worlds
  • The Returned (The Archived, #3)
  • The Iron Season (The Golem and the Jinni, #2)
  • Blood for Blood (Wolf By Wolf, #2)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • Only Human (Themis Files, #3)
  • Untitled (The Bone Season, #4)
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • Armistice (The Amberlough Dossier, #2)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Untitled (The Iron Covenant, #2)
  • Sword and Pen (The Great Library, #5)
  • The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4)
  • Quicksilver (Ultraviolet, #2)
  • Blood and Sand (Blood and Sand, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
V.E. Schwab is a pseudonym of Victoria Schwab.

Victoria has stated that books published under V.E. Schwab are adult releases and those under Victoria Schwab are YA.

Villains (3 books)
  • Vicious (Villains, #1)
  • Untitled (Villains #3)
“Perhaps she was glass. But glass is only brittle until it breaks. Then it’s sharp.” 127 likes
“How many men would she have to turn to dust before one took her seriously?” 89 likes