Start by marking “Stress Less, Accomplish More” as Want to Read:
Stress Less, Accomplish More

Stress Less, Accomplish More

Please Read Notes: Brand New, International Softcover Edition, Printed in black and white pages, minor self wear on the cover or pages, Sale restriction may be printed on the book, but Book name, contents, and author are exactly same as Hardcover Edition. Fast delivery through DHL/FedEx express.
Published February 21st 2019 by Bluebird

To ask other readers questions about Stress Less, Accomplish More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stress Less, Accomplish More

Start your review of Stress Less, Accomplish More
Richard
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Had to work hard to get through it all. It was quite repetitive. I don’t doubt the benefit of her technique. But it could have been condensed into 1 chapter.

At times it comes across as a sales pitch, and their is just so much unnecessary filler.

But saying that - I suspect I will probably get more from this book (with a rating of 2) then I would with a 5 star Fiction novel. Value and enjoyment are not necessarily correlated - you have to work for some things. This book is one of those.
Ina
May 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book is off-puttingly salesy. The benefits of meditation are also a bit overstated imo.

The whole reading experience leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. It feels as if the author is turning what is essentially a spiritual practice into a productivity hack aimed at self-help junkies and start-up CEO's. There's nothing meditative about this text on meditation. There's nothing wrong with adapting language to fit the audience, of course, but paired with the already mentioned salesy tone, it
Arturo
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit of an infomercial!

The book is definitely entertaining, and it should be very helpful for someone who has never meditated or had any spiritual discipline/practice. However, if you are already practicing meditation for some time, this book will read like a long infomercial on the clear and proved benefits of meditation.

Some of the exercises are very good, but all along you get the feeling that you are being led where something more can be sold to you, and I find that distracting and it
C.J. Maughan
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
This one is a tough review for me. On one hand, previously to reading this book I was a complete stress ball. I'd sometimes fall apart if I dropped the pen I was writing with or if my dog happened to bark a little too loud at the FedEx guy and so, quite literally I was the intended audience of this book. On the other hand, there's really nothing new here.

Let me explain.

The author spends about 40% of the first part of the book explaining why stress is bad. This isn't all that interesting. We
Allison
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meditation based in reality, I love it! As someone who has dabbled with different forms of meditation, some intensely, some partially, I can say Emily's approach is the best fit for me. Also helps that she has a sense of humor.
Chiraag Swaly
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meditation has been a game changer for me over the last 15 months. I had a preconception about meditation and it was the following basic ideas:

-It is really difficult to do
-I guess I am not one of those who can meditate. There are only a select few who can do this
-Learning to stop my thoughts is hard. I can't do this
-I need to find the perfect environment to meditate, a really quiet room, special meditation chair,
-Not sure it can really make a huge difference in my life. I know CEO's of large
Laurie Thurston
Jul 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stopped-reading
If you want an infomercial that will put you to sleep, you found it. I gave it a chance, I really did, but once I was halfway through and still learned nothing except how “great” her method supposedly was, I was done. It did put me to sleep repeatedly, though, so there’s that...
Annie
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
want to learn how to meditate and in an easy, almost fail proof way? READ THIS

don't believe meditation can help? READ THIS

want to know the science behind meditation? READ THIS
Kari Yergin
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
GREAT book on meditation that has really inspired me.

First heard the author on Doctor’s Farmacy podcast. Took some notes:

Mindfulness helps you deal with your stress in the now. Mindfulness is directing your attention And focusing. A directed focused mental practice.

Meditation allows a lifetime of accumulation of stress from your past to come up and out. We’re inducing rest that is deeper than sleep do you cumulation of stress is what makes us stupid, sick, and slow. Meditation is about
Bekah
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent. I have tried listening to meditation books before and have never gotten very far.
This type of meditation appeals more to me as it is more flexible and forgiving. There is no trying to stop thoughts with this technique.
I also loved hearing the testimonies. They were encouraging and inspiring.
I’m implementing it in my daily schedule and I look forward to the results!
Dan Levi
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
In my opinion: the book is a complete waste of your time
I write this review is a medical student in the end of his 6th year, my thesis is about mindfulness meditation so I am close to the field and to the vocabulary and articles related to it.

Emily literally wrote an ENTIRE BOOK which could be summed up in about 4 sentences, and no, I don't think its one of those books that you need to be "prepared" for it.

Maybe it's just me, but while reading this book, as a science person and a meditator
Matt Cannon
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I randomly stumbled across Emily as she was being interviewed on Jim Kwik’s Podcast. Here is that interview. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/k.... Her approach to meditation resonated with me. One of her statements was we are not supposed to do meditation just to get better at meditation, but rather we do meditation to help us get better at life. She also said some interesting stuff about the right and left brain and the corpus callosum that I hadn’t heard before and I’ve read quite a bit ...more
Megan Rosol
A promotional pitch for her meditation classes with some random "evolutionary" stress is bad/meditation is good facts thrown in. It did not work for me.

Fit4life218
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Want a better orgasm??? Read this book!

Yep, you read it correctly! For better orgasms ~ for women AND men ~ read this book, meditate 15 minutes twice a day to learn how to be your BEST self....both IN & OUT of the bedroom!

Tips & Tricks:
1. Read this book cover to cover.
2. SCHEDULE ‘meditate’ on your daily calendar.
3. Meditate 15 minutes, 2x per day ~ NO EXCUSES!

*** Got a partner, kids, spouse, etc to ‘worry about’ ~ No problem! Do what I do.....give them the option ~ “You can join me
Ric
I don’t doubt that some of the techniques in this book are helpful, and I may very well find them helpful if/when I try. But this came off as a sales pitch for her company and specific technique. There were a ton of interludes about success stories for their method and it just seemed out of place. I feel like this book could’ve been like half the length that it was, and it was only like 230 pages. It may very well work, but it didn’t seem like anything in this was super revolutionary.
Wendy
Jan 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
I should have known better. Any book about meditation focused on “performance” was not going to be for me. But after hearing her on a podcast I was curious. As others have noted, this book is one long sales pitch for Fletcher’s Ziva program. Just skip to Chapter 8 if you’re interested in how to do her method. Don’t bother with the rest of it. FYI: If you go to the online content offered in the book she’ll require your email address to access it.
Adrian Luben
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I consider this one of the most impactful books, which helps you improve your entire life, of course, if you also do the meditation ;)

..I’m stating this after reading and practicing many meditation forms..
Margaret Montalvo
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
My mom lent me a book in a brown paper bag telling me it would change my life. I set it aside and after some prodding I finally pulled it out of the bag. I realized it was written by Emily Fletcher. I’d heard her on a podcast and had been meaning to read her book, so I figured it was meant to be.

I was unsure how to rate the book. I think it provides valuable information and she gives detailed, easy to follow instructions on the Ziva meditation technique. It’s an easy read. But other reviewers
Jan Hilado
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
If you're already a long-time advanced meditator like I am, this book may come out as super simplified. But if you're new to meditation, then this book is for you.
Amanda
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I felt like I was being preached to by a host of meditation evangelist. The first 50% of the book just went on and on and on about the benefits of meditation for curing stress and illness, improving productivity and being your best self, improving sleep, rocking at life, etc... This book made use of testimonials too liberally. There were only a handful of pages devoted to how to perform actual meditation. Much better to skip the book and watch the YouTube videos online.
Amy
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes a little dry, but overall a good primer for how to meditate. Author, Fletcher provides general information about why meditation is good, types of meditation, information about stress, including how it affects us, etc.

She spends a lot of time discussing mindfulness, meditation, and mantra. Mindfulness helps us deal with stress in the present; meditation gets rid of stress from the past; and mantra helps us clarify our dreams for the future.

A few interesting things that I learned:

Lexi
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
In essence, I've been practicing "Ziva" meditation for quite some time before picking up this book. I'm a huge believer in NOT trying to quiet your mind, and instead letting your thoughts come and go. It's a flow, in and out. This is basically what Emily is trying to teach us in SL,AM. I'm 100% on board with her methodology. . . However, the book is a little longwinded. I really appreciated her analysis and explanation of what's actually going on in your body/mind when you start practicing the ...more
Karen Stevens
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the most accessible book I have ever read on meditation. And it outlines the simplest approach to meditation I’ve ever tried. Easy to follow and incredibly effective.

One downside to the book is she often mentions her online and in-person courses (which are expensive) however, if you read the entire book, and start practicing what she outlines as the process (really gets to it finally in Chapter 8 but the first chapters lay a solid foundation) - there is no need for her courses. The book
Lizz
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I heard Emily Fletcher on a podcast and was so intrigued by her new book that I immediately downloaded it to my kindle. I've thought about meditation for a long time, but have been intimidated and didn't know where to start. She breaks it down and makes it very simple - she states on the podcast that her goal is for every single person to meditate. While I found myself skimming through several of the chapters (she provides a good breakdown of what we learned at the end of each), I read chapter 8 ...more
Kimberly Desouza
I wanted to love this book so much more than what I did. I had seen Emily Fletcher on a couple YouTube interviews and expected the book to offer more than the interviews. If you have any basic knowledge of meditation this book offers a few worthwhile nuggets but all in all it’s really an infomercial for her classes and website. If I actually bought the book as opposed to utilizing my library I’d be pretty upset to have spent money on something that really seems to imply to get all the info you ...more
Rebecca
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
I'm not quite sure how to rate this, in that I actually am finding the meditation techniques helpful. But on the other hand, this book contains about 10 pages of actual content and the rest is total filler.
Jane
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping to get more out of this book. It has a lot of good info in the benefits of meditation, but not how to do it. You must pay extra, i.e. online or live courses to actually get the secret info.
Al
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for people totally new to meditation but it was a bit repetitive and too often felt like an add for her online program.
Halfcharmed
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Format: audiobook, read by the author
I've meditated intermittently for a few years, and picked this book up because I was looking for a consistent daily practice. The author explains the myriad benefits of meditation, from a mixture of published scientific research and anecdotes of her students. I was already familiar with the benefits of meditation and most of the research was not new to me. I think the book was designed more for someone who picked it up based on the title alone and needed a
C
Jan 12, 2020 added it

The author spends a good chunk of the book explaining why stress is bad. This isn’t all that interesting. We all know why. We hear it all the time and what are we supposed to do with this information? If you’re me, you tend to stress about being stressed. The author also spends a great deal of time explaining how her method will not only help you feel better, but can also actively make you richer! And if you don’t believe her, let’s read all these inserted
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever
  • The Miracle Equation: The Two Decisions That Turn Your Biggest Goals from Possible, to Probable, to Inevitable
  • The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • The Alter Ego Effect: The Power of Secret Identities to Transform Your Life
  • Brain Body Diet: 40 Days to a Lean, Calm, Energized, and Happy Self
  • Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life
  • Beyond the Pill: A 30-Day Program to Balance Your Hormones, Reclaim Your Body, and Reverse the Dangerous Side Effects of the Birth Control Pill
  • Spirit Hacking: Shamanic Keys to Reclaim Your Personal Power, Transform Yourself, and Light Up the World
  • Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself
  • Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
  • Feeding You Lies: How to Unravel the Food Industry’s Playbook and Reclaim Your Health
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • Conscious Uncoupling: 5 Steps to Living Happily Even After
  • The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions
“The mind thinks involuntarily, just like the heart beats involuntarily.” 2 likes
“Bliss is not a synonym for happiness; it’s not cotton candy and bubbles and lollipops. Bliss is the piece of you that knows everything is okay—it may be an infinitesimal piece of you that knows, deep down, that things are playing out exactly as they’re meant—” 0 likes