Start by marking “Stress Less, Accomplish More” as Want to Read:
Stress Less, Accomplish More

Stress Less, Accomplish More

Please Read Notes: Brand New, International Softcover Edition, Printed in black and white pages, minor self wear on the cover or pages, Sale restriction may be printed on the book, but Book name, contents, and author are exactly same as Hardcover Edition. Fast delivery through DHL/FedEx express.
Published February 21st 2019 by Bluebird

To ask other readers questions about Stress Less, Accomplish More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stress Less, Accomplish More

Start your review of Stress Less, Accomplish More
Richard
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Had to work hard to get through it all. It was quite repetitive. I don’t doubt the benefit of her technique. But it could have been condensed into 1 chapter.

At times it comes across as a sales pitch, and their is just so much unnecessary filler.

But saying that - I suspect I will probably get more from this book (with a rating of 2) then I would with a 5 star Fiction novel. Value and enjoyment are not necessarily correlated - you have to work for some things. This book is one of those.
C.J. Maughan
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
This one is a tough review for me. On one hand, previously to reading this book I was a complete stress ball. I'd sometimes fall apart if I dropped the pen I was writing with or if my dog happened to bark a little too loud at the FedEx guy and so, quite literally I was the intended audience of this book. On the other hand, there's really nothing new here.

Let me explain.

The author spends about 40% of the first part of the book explaining why stress is bad. This isn't all that interesting. We al
Ina
May 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book is off-puttingly salesy. The benefits of meditation are also a bit overstated imo.

The whole reading experience leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. It feels as if the author is turning what is essentially a spiritual practice into a productivity hack aimed at self-help junkies and start-up CEO's. There's nothing meditative about this text on meditation. There's nothing wrong with adapting language to fit the audience, of course, but paired with the already mentioned salesy tone, it
Arturo
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit of an infomercial!

The book is definitely entertaining, and it should be very helpful for someone who has never meditated or had any spiritual discipline/practice. However, if you are already practicing meditation for some time, this book will read like a long infomercial on the clear and proved benefits of meditation.

Some of the exercises are very good, but all along you get the feeling that you are being led where something more can be sold to you, and I find that distracting and it dimin
Dan Levi
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
In my opinion: the book is a complete waste of your time
I write this review is a medical student in the end of his 6th year, my thesis is about mindfulness meditation so I am close to the field and to the vocabulary and articles related to it.

Emily literally wrote an ENTIRE BOOK which could be summed up in about 4 sentences, and no, I don't think its one of those books that you need to be "prepared" for it.

Maybe it's just me, but while reading this book, as a science person and a meditator (be
Allison
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meditation based in reality, I love it! As someone who has dabbled with different forms of meditation, some intensely, some partially, I can say Emily's approach is the best fit for me. Also helps that she has a sense of humor. ...more
Chiraag Swaly
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meditation has been a game changer for me over the last 15 months. I had a preconception about meditation and it was the following basic ideas:

-It is really difficult to do
-I guess I am not one of those who can meditate. There are only a select few who can do this
-Learning to stop my thoughts is hard. I can't do this
-I need to find the perfect environment to meditate, a really quiet room, special meditation chair,
-Not sure it can really make a huge difference in my life. I know CEO's of large o
Laurie Thurston
Jul 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stopped-reading
If you want an infomercial that will put you to sleep, you found it. I gave it a chance, I really did, but once I was halfway through and still learned nothing except how “great” her method supposedly was, I was done. It did put me to sleep repeatedly, though, so there’s that...
Annie
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
want to learn how to meditate and in an easy, almost fail proof way? READ THIS

don't believe meditation can help? READ THIS

want to know the science behind meditation? READ THIS
Jen
Jul 25, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: firstreads
Cyndi
Dec 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting instruction on the reasoning and benefits of meditation and mindfulness. Repetitive in many areas but the education of psychology and physical benefits make me want to give it a try.
Kari Yergin
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
GREAT book on meditation that has really inspired me.

First heard the author on Doctor’s Farmacy podcast. Took some notes:

Mindfulness helps you deal with your stress in the now. Mindfulness is directing your attention And focusing. A directed focused mental practice.

Meditation allows a lifetime of accumulation of stress from your past to come up and out. We’re inducing rest that is deeper than sleep do you cumulation of stress is what makes us stupid, sick, and slow. Meditation is about surrende
Bekah
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent. I have tried listening to meditation books before and have never gotten very far.
This type of meditation appeals more to me as it is more flexible and forgiving. There is no trying to stop thoughts with this technique.
I also loved hearing the testimonies. They were encouraging and inspiring.
I’m implementing it in my daily schedule and I look forward to the results!
Matt Cannon
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I randomly stumbled across Emily as she was being interviewed on Jim Kwik’s Podcast. Here is that interview. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/k.... Her approach to meditation resonated with me. One of her statements was we are not supposed to do meditation just to get better at meditation, but rather we do meditation to help us get better at life. She also said some interesting stuff about the right and left brain and the corpus callosum that I hadn’t heard before and I’ve read quite a bit ab ...more
Megan Rosol
A promotional pitch for her meditation classes with some random "evolutionary" stress is bad/meditation is good facts thrown in. It did not work for me.

Kristen Majkut
You're doing it wrong. No, just kidding.

This is the Meditation 101 manual that I was looking for and didn't know I needed. I have tried to do meditation in the past and had all the guided meditation apps on my phone, etc - but I always felt I was doing it wrong.

I thought I needed to have candles and burning sage and a singing bowl and some prayer beads and incense and maybe flannel pajamas and some essential oils and the perfect mantra and a binaural beats soundtrack or absolute silence or even
Fit4life218
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Want a better orgasm??? Read this book!

Yep, you read it correctly! For better orgasms ~ for women AND men ~ read this book, meditate 15 minutes twice a day to learn how to be your BEST self....both IN & OUT of the bedroom! 💃🏻🕺🏼

Tips & Tricks:
1. Read this book cover to cover.
2. SCHEDULE ‘meditate’ on your daily calendar.
3. Meditate 15 minutes, 2x per day ~ NO EXCUSES!

*** Got a partner, kids, spouse, etc to ‘worry about’ ~ No problem! Do what I do.....give them the option ~ “You can join me for m
Mal DeGroat
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I would prob give this 4.5 stars but I’m in a good mood now so I’ll round up! :)

I am excited to try this new technique of meditation, mindfulness, and manifestation. I have tried “meditation” apps that focused on quieting the brain and stopping thoughts, which *shocker* was impossible. I am excited to try the Ziva Technique, which does not encourage slowing your thoughts.

Only reason it lost .5 stars for me was because it repeated a lot of information, perhaps to emphasize the points, but I felt
Wendy
Jan 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
I should have known better. Any book about meditation focused on “performance” was not going to be for me. But after hearing her on a podcast I was curious. As others have noted, this book is one long sales pitch for Fletcher’s Ziva program. Just skip to Chapter 8 if you’re interested in how to do her method. Don’t bother with the rest of it. FYI: If you go to the online content offered in the book she’ll require your email address to access it.
Ric
I don’t doubt that some of the techniques in this book are helpful, and I may very well find them helpful if/when I try. But this came off as a sales pitch for her company and specific technique. There were a ton of interludes about success stories for their method and it just seemed out of place. I feel like this book could’ve been like half the length that it was, and it was only like 230 pages. It may very well work, but it didn’t seem like anything in this was super revolutionary.
Adrian Luben
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I consider this one of the most impactful books, which helps you improve your entire life, of course, if you also do the meditation ;)

..I’m stating this after reading and practicing many meditation forms..
Margaret Montalvo
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
My mom lent me a book in a brown paper bag telling me it would change my life. I set it aside and after some prodding I finally pulled it out of the bag. I realized it was written by Emily Fletcher. I’d heard her on a podcast and had been meaning to read her book, so I figured it was meant to be.

I was unsure how to rate the book. I think it provides valuable information and she gives detailed, easy to follow instructions on the Ziva meditation technique. It’s an easy read. But other reviewers ar
Romeu Lourenço
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's for everyone that has done meditation for a few times but never stick to it consistently for a long period of time (for at least 6 months). She gives in pretty clear terms the REAL benefits of doing meditation consistently, wrong societal beliefs about meditation and a pretty clear path to use meditation to increase performance. Highly Recommend!

Nadine
Sep 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Ungh. The book is about 80% infomercial, 10% testimonial (which is really a subset of infomercial, right?) and 10% content. I guess no one gets to sign a book deal for a pamphlet. That being said, Fletcher's method for meditation is very approachable and I'll give it a try. ...more
Erin Waters
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, it reads like a sales pitch, but also, it will teach you how to meditate. Take what you need, leave what you don't. I have a strong twice daily practice now that I didn't have before, so I'm grateful for this book. Pro tip: find your own mantra. There are plenty out there and you'll feel less like you're missing out by not taking the in-person or online classes if you just do that for yourself. 🙏 ...more
Calvin ewashkiw
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Have to try the meditation to see for myself if everything in the book is correct.
Jan Hilado
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
If you're already a long-time advanced meditator like I am, this book may come out as super simplified. But if you're new to meditation, then this book is for you. ...more
Amanda
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I felt like I was being preached to by a host of meditation evangelist. The first 50% of the book just went on and on and on about the benefits of meditation for curing stress and illness, improving productivity and being your best self, improving sleep, rocking at life, etc... This book made use of testimonials too liberally. There were only a handful of pages devoted to how to perform actual meditation. Much better to skip the book and watch the YouTube videos online.
Molly
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Found this author after listening to an interview with her on a podcast. The title sounds more gimmicky than the points she makes. I was inspired to implement daily meditation into my life even if I don’t think I will hit her suggestion of two sessions of fifteen minutes each.
Amy
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meditation, health
Sometimes a little dry, but overall a good primer for how to meditate. Author, Fletcher provides general information about why meditation is good, types of meditation, information about stress, including how it affects us, etc.

She spends a lot of time discussing mindfulness, meditation, and mantra. Mindfulness helps us deal with stress in the present; meditation gets rid of stress from the past; and mantra helps us clarify our dreams for the future.

A few interesting things that I learned:

Adapta

• Limitless: Upgrade Your Brain, Learn Anything Faster, and Unlock Your Exceptional Life
  • Fast This Way: How to Lose Weight, Get Smarter, and Live Your Longest, Healthiest Life with the Bulletproof Guide to Fasting
  • Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever
  • Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life
  • The Genius Life: Heal Your Mind, Strengthen Your Body, and Become Extraordinary
  • The Inflammation Spectrum: Find Your Food Triggers and Reset Your System
  • Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day
  • The Align Method: 5 Easy Steps to Transform Your Posture, Age-Proof Your Body, and Sharpen Your Mind
  • Focus: Bringing Time, Energy, and Money into Flow
  • Everything is Figureoutable
  • The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed On Your Own Terms
  • The Buddha and the Badass: The Secret Spiritual Art of Succeeding at Work
  • Ancient Remedies: Secrets to Healing with Herbs, Essential Oils, CBD, and the Most Powerful Natural Medicine in History
  • The Only Skill that Matters: The Proven Methodology to Read Faster, Remember More, and Become a SuperLearner
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
  • Food: What the Heck Should I Eat?

News & Interviews

“The mind thinks involuntarily, just like the heart beats involuntarily.” 3 likes
“Meditation, as I define it, is helping you get rid of your stress from the past. Your body is a perfect accountant: Every all-nighter you’ve pulled, every bite of fast food you’ve ever eaten, and every shot of tequila you’ve done—it’s all stored in your cellular memory.” 2 likes