Start by marking “Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn, #2)

Overnight Sensation

(Brooklyn #2)

Everyone knows the girl is off limits. But it's so good to be bad.

There's this girl...
Heidi and I have been trading hungry looks all year, and everything she does makes me smile. But I don't do girlfriends, and I certainly can't get involved with the league commissioner's daughter. I need shots on goal, not a hookup and a widely misunderstood paparazzi photo.
Can I resist
Published January 22nd 2019 by Tuxbury Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Overnight Sensation, please sign up.
Mary H Castro is in the Brooklyn Bruisers series, and he also makes an appearance in Bountiful, which is book 4 of Sarina's True North Series.

Start your review of Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn, #2)
Corina
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh wow!! It's not often that I fall in love with a heroine - but Heidi was my kind of gal.

Besides having one of the most amazing contemporary romance heroines, the first half of this book was INCREDIBLE!!!!! I laughed so hard at times - I truly had the best time reading this novel. I was actually sending screen shots of the Tesla scene to my friend, telling her she had to read it since she has driven a Tesla before and could totally relate.

Honestly, it's usually the guy that I fall for, but Heid
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4.5 Hot Pepper Stars!

This was a really fun read! I was a little worried about reading Heidi's book, I thought she was going to be more of a ditsy airhead but thank god she wasn't. Heidi came across as smart, independant and super kind.

photo mascot_zpsdivcxabw.gif

Heidi's dad is the NHL commissioner and makes her do all these medial jobs around the rink like selling hot dogs, being a mascot and working security. He was trying to teach her how hard real life is after she dropped out of college. It backfires on him though
Stacey is Sassy
Hard to break a habit, but worth it for happiness

Overnight Sensation hit my Kindle and I was really excited to get started. I planned my reading attack plan. Step 1 – finish what I’m currently reading. Step 2 – go to work, try not to think about it as it sits there waiting patiently to start tonight. Step 3 - start my Friday Night Party Night with a glass of wine in one hand and my Kindle in the other with Overnight Sensation locked and loaded. Well, like all good plans set by a compulsive plan
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Overnight Sensation continues my obsession with the Brooklyn Bruisers! In this story, we get the "overnight sensation" Jason Castro as our hero. And his lady love? None other than the commissioner's daughter, Heidi Pepper! She is also a Bruisers' intern, hoping to take over Becca's job now that Becca is marrying the owner.

Jason is having an off start to his season. He isn't living up to his previous season and struggling in his new position as right wing. One area Jason doesn't struggle? W
Nicola
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

We’re finally given the opportunity to get up close and personal with the Brooklyn Bruiser’s right-winger, Jason Castro in Overnight Sensation and the lucky lady to steal his well-guarded, slightly grumpy heart is the team’s intern, Heidi Jo Pepper.

description What would it take to make you serious about a girl again?”
“A frontal lobotomy.”

Jason is a player on and off the pitch, not looking for anything beyond one-night and with reason. Smart, funny, kind and so damn loveable, it’s a travest
Hollis
You know who the real sensation is? Heidi Jo Pepper. Who is the MVP? Hot Pepper. Who carried this story on her southern belle shoulders? Heidi Jo fucking Pepper.

So, yeah, OVERNIGHT SENSATION has the dubious honour of breaking my status update silence because of the sheer boredom I had for the first, hm, forty percent? But oh my Heidi. She didn't come to play. She proved her father wrong (who, by the way, was a dick), she hustled, she charmed the pants off everyone within a twelve mile (is that f
Sabrina
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
ON SALE FOR 99c!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I'm not sure why I let this sit on my Kindle for so long, Jason was amazing! I was rooting for him to finally give in to Heidi and stop running scared and when he did, oh boy did I swoon. I loved how devoted he was to her once he stopping trying to hide from his feeling and he was so sweet it's not even funny. Heidi I did enjoy as a heroine even though there were times I wanted to slap her and tell her to stop looking for her fathers approval in everything s
Radd Reader
“His kisses didn’t just curl my toes. They curled parts of me that I didn’t know were curlable.”

“The way you look at me is illegal in seven states."

Characters
Jason (professional hockey player):
The following words/phrases were used to describe Jason: quick reflexes, the sexiest, most eligible bachelor of hockey, amazing athlete, handsome, witty, kind, gentle, fierce, still grieving.

Jason is a right winger on the Brooklyn Bruisers NHL team. He’s struggling to adjust to his new position o
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book! I have only been reading Sarina Bowen's work for about a year now but she has quickly become an author that I trust to deliver great romances and she totally delivered with this book. This book is the fifth book in the Brooklyn Bruisers series but it was the first book from the series that I have read and it worked well on its own. Of course, now I am ready to go back and get the other books read since I liked this
Kendall Ryan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarina scores big with this undeniably swoony romance!

Can't wait for everyone to get their hands on Jason Castro & Heidi Pepper (aka Hot Pepper)
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this book was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Heidi and Jason shined in this hockey-infused story about life-altering moments and forging new paths…

Heidi was a rich girl but she was so much more than that. Funny and sweet, bold and brash, she was so many things in one compassionate and practical package. She wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself – or others – and she did it all with humour and class…

Jason was a handsome, talented hockey player who didn’t have commitment in his vocabulary. Heidi turned him –
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, sports
Overnight Sensation is the fifth book in the Brooklyn Bruisers series. The first thought I had was how great it was to be back with the whole team! I enjoyed reading series a lot because we get to see previous characters, previous couples. With the Brooklyn Bruisers, it’s like you get together with friends you haven’t seen for a long time. And the cherry on the cake is having Castro’s story.

“You and I are going to be a thing.”
“A thing? What’s that?”
“It’s whatever we want it to be. It’s our
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5? 3.75????

I'm round up because of Heidi Jo. That girl are funneee. Heidi Jo had me cackling so much during the bear vs. fish fight that my sides hurt. She's spunky, fiery and driven.

Her father is the league commissioner and he's pissed that she dropped out of Bryn Mawr so he decides to put her in the penalty box, so to speak, by making her do menial jobs for the Brooklyn Bruisers. But he underestimates his daughter.

She is a trooper. Not only does she do all these crappy jobs but she's good
Claudia Fosca Stahl
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Big Golden Stars for Overnight Sensation

I love reading romance novels that make me think beyond the obvious love story they’re telling. Sarina Bowen is my favorite author because she manages to do this in every book she writes, and also because her writing style is fuid and natural, and also witty and beautiful.

Overnight Sensation is more of a comedy than the previous books in the Brooklyn Bruisers series. A little lighter in the angst department, perhaps, but it still has its conflict to r
Mysza
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
***** 5 stars *****

Oh how I loved the heroine! She was simply good people, and the hero too. No to mention all those hockey players and bromance.

I love this series, love the author. It's such a pleasure to read a good sport romance.

Rejane
Jan 24, 2019 marked it as nope
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fans, Romance
4 Determined Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
This is the perfect 2nd entry to the new series by Sarina Bowen. We have all the players and then more...We get to have the growing relationship of the Forbidden with Jason and Heidi. He is the Hockey guy who is trying to stay on track. She is the intern who has been working towards a permanent position with the team.

Only everything doesn't happen as planned...
Jason is trying as hard as he can to stay away from Heidi, no matter how much he is attracted to h
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Overnight Sensation was the fifth book in the (NHL) Brooklyn Bruisers series by Serena Bowen.

We met Jason Castro in the previous books as a playful, flirty playboy but also an up and coming forward for the Bruisers. He was doing well but still learning the NHL. This year he started in a rut, was moved from Left Wing to Right Wing and was finding his way in his new position. We also learned his hockey superstitions and his backstory on why he doesn’t do relationships. I enjoyed getting to know hi
Amber’s reading
This is one of those hard 3 star reviews. The heroine Heidi was pretty funny, the kind of person you’d want to be friends with. The story was fine, but not the most memorable. There’s nothing really wrong with the book, but after reading some of the most amazing and memorable books of the year, I can’t give more than a 3.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
★★ 4.5 stars! ★★

I love this series (and Sarina's writing)! Castro is a 'still waters run deep' kind of guy, which I was not entirely expecting, plus Heidi and her ambition are enviable—the girl's got moxie I'll give her that. I really enjoyed this one!

{full review to come!}
Shayna
“𝗚𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵."

This series gives me life! The 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚕𝚢𝚗 𝙱𝚛𝚞𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚜 series has got to be one of the best sports romance series out there! Sarina Bowen gives us Heidi and Jason’s love story in her latest standalone installment of the beloved series. 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 was absolutely scrumptious! It was sexy, emotional, and smart with a forbidden edge that gave me all the good angsty feels! I couldn’t put it down!

GRAB IT HERE:
🏒 Amazon: https://amzn.to/2RtXjte
🏒 Apple: http://geni.us/OSapple
🏒
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Overnight Sensation scores big and delivers a healthy dose of sugar, a hint of spice, and a whole lot of nice.

Heidi Jo Pepper (aka “Hot Pepper”) steals the show in this book. The woman is a firecracker—remarkably resourceful, with a sharp mind, quick wit, huge heart, and infectious charm. I enjoyed her relentless pursuit of Jason Castro, the hot hockey playboy who is determined to remain single.

Jason is dealing with a sudden self-confidence problem, and Heidi has a lot to prove to herself and
Eliza
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, famous-faces, arc

★4 STARS★

With a name like Heidi Jo you can almost picture her before you meet her. Bubbly rich girl, who calls her daddy “Daddy” and wants for nothing. On first impressions she fits the stereotype, and admittedly I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I wouldn’t be only one guilty of making those assumptions of her as it seems members of the Brooklyn Bruisers also came to the same conclusion of her, but it’s nothing being in her company for few minutes didn’t fix.

It’s glaringly obvious how muc
Carmen Rae
Well it’s no secret if Sarina Bowen writes it I will read it so obviously I had to read overnight sensation. And obviously I loved it. But when it comes to reviewing them I almost feel like I should be able to write Sarina Bowen wrote it, Enough said!!! Apparently it’s not so here goes.

This book is another one of the Brooklyn Bruisers series and it definitely lived up to the high expectations of the series, that said if you’re crazy and haven’t devoured the rest of the books as they were releas
Auntee
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; Sports romance fans
This series keeps getting better and better! Another winner from SB!

Bubbly, rich, beautiful Southern belle Heidi, just turned 21 and the Brooklyn Bruisers newest intern, was just all kinds of adorable for me. Loved this girl! Being a recent college dropout (where she realizes she just doesn't fit) has made her parents mad--what kind of life can she have if she doesn't finish school? Heidi doesn't see it that way. She wants to be treated like an independent adult who makes her own decisions. And
Jane super booklover📚
Oh miss Sarina Bowen i love you're writing so much!
I read it all so i was so so so glad there was a new book.
I just finished it and what a book it is!
I really love it. Especially Heidi Jo. She's the bomb.
So cool and funny, and smart and resourceful.
And im sad i finished it cause i can't wait for the next one.

Silas and his singer i guess. I already love it. Cant wait.
Thanks for another great book Miss Bowen.

Im a huge fan!
AJ
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Love, love, love!

Oh my goodness, I loved being back in this world! Sarina Bowen has created a fantastic sports romance series with these books, and I read with giddy excitement revisiting the characters and losing myself in the fun, witty and exciting feel of these stories.

This book belongs to Brooklyn Bruiser, Jason Castro. A solid player for his team, he’s also a bit of a player off the ice, sticking to a strict ‘one time only’ deal with women. He’s not a manwhore, he’s just a guy devo
yasmin
something about heidi warms me all the way to the center. she’s willing to tell me her flaws. and she’s unafraid to say she doesn’t have all the answers.

chapter 38 had me tearing up and heidi jo is now my top favourite heroine. im just so shocked she actually doesn't have a sagittarius sun but sagittarius placements on her chart will do too 🤝 she's truly the epitome of sunshine and olives and just precious. i want her to boss me around all day and i won't complain.

heidi and jason story migh
Ivy Deluca
description

description

Full disclosure: I stan for the Buffalo Sabres (why yes, we’ve never won a Cup and let’s not discuss my emotional pain and distress while I wait for Eichel to live up to his promise and bring it home). And even though Buffalo gets a backhanded tweak in this tale, I still loved it, that’s how much I love a good hockey romance.

Heidi Jo Pepper, Southern trust fund baby/commissioner’s daughter turned intern for the Brooklyn Bruisers and Jason Castro, sexy and charming Latinx right winger
Stacie
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, sports
4+ "This was going to be 5 stars until the ending." Stars!

Man... That ending was disappointing. Talking about Heidi's dad- jerk that he is. It all seemed to come out of the blue and was rushed. Plus Castro kinda let me down a wee bit there at the nd too. But overall, I enjoyed this one and the whole series. Loved Heidi Jo Pepper!! I cannot wait for Silas! Happy reading!
Play Book Tag: Overnight Sensation by Sarina Bowen - 3.5 stars 1 8 Jun 25, 2019 06:50PM

• The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Wylde (Arizona Vengeance #7)
  • Wild for You (Hot Jocks #6)
  • Taking His Shot (Hot Jocks, #7)
  • Handle With Care (Shacking Up, #5)
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of 30+ books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need

Brooklyn (4 books)
  • Brooklynaire (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
  • Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)