Start by marking “Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken” as Want to Read:
Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken

Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken

--- One wrong turn. One right man. ---

Colin. Rule-follower. Future doctor. Witness to murder. Captive.
Taron. Survivalist. Mute. Murderer. Captor.

Like every other weekend, Colin is on his way home from university, but he’s taunted by the notion that he never takes risks in life and always follows the beaten path. On impulse, he decides to take a different route. Just this o
Published April 15th 2019 by Acerbi & Villani ltd

To ask other readers questions about Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights

Judith

One impulse decision is about to change two lives forever....

Colin, is a medical student. Tired of the expectations people around him have about his life he's about to embark on a journey that will take him to a dark place.Returning home for the weekend he suddenly decides to take a different route home.What he never expected was to witness something horrifying and be taken captive by a silent,broody,imposing man.

Taron has lived a solitary life for years.Just him and his cats,he's self suffici
K.A. Merikan
Nov 03, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Wrong Way Home

Coming out 15th April 2019
From the reviews I guess I've got to claim the tag of err... sweet dark romance??? XD

PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/KAMerikan...

This book is part of CRIMINAL DELIGHTS. Each novel can be read as a standalone and will contain a dark M/M romance.
Warning: These books are for adult readers who enjoy stories where lines between right and wrong get blurry. High heat, twisted and tantalizing, these are not for the fainthearted.
Ele
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.25 stars*

A couple weeks back I was waiting with my kid to cross the road. A car with two people in it stopped and the driver smiled and politely nodded me to go ahead. I said thanks and moved on. The guy started the car again and proceeded to STEAL THE BAG OF AN OLD WOMAN who was standing by the side of the road. You guys, my polite thief was just.like.Taron! Taron zippes Colin’s jacket all the way up when it’s cold…after putting a shock collar around his neck. He also buckles the seatbelt ar
Lyn
Audio - 3.5 stars
Story - 2.75 stars

I liked the story, but didn't feel the connection between the MCs until the end.
Trio
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r, dark, mm, disability
Thoughtful and introspective, Wrong Way Home looks at how one man processes the changes in his life as every freedom is stripped away. A standalone story in the Criminal Delights series, K.A. Merikan’s Wrong Way Home is a dark tale of violence and lust. It’s also a romance that walks a fine line between Stockholm syndrome and true love, as only this author duo can do it.

I can always count on K.A. Merikan to find the silver lining in a bad situation, and what happens to the characters in this nov
Jewel
4.5 Stars

That was ... twisted ... and I loved it.

Full review to come at the end of the month.

----------------------------------
ARC of Wrong Way Home was generously provided by the authors, in exchange for an honest review.
Ky
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-2019, dark
"Wrong Way Home" is a dark story with morally ambiguous characters and surprisingly romantic elements.

Colin is a student pressured by his parents to become a doctor, he always follows the rules and does his best to keep everyone around him happy even if that means that he's not.

In a brave moment Colin decides to take a detour on his way to his parents' house but soon this slight change from his routine turns into a nightmare. He meets Taron, a man wielding an ax and not speaking a word to him.

T
Chris
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A dark story about being taken captive... little did Colin know his life would change. Once you take away life’s distractions a sense of peace can be found. Really enjoyed this 😊
Cadiva
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wrote a really long and detailed review about how amazing this book is but Goodreads decided to crash and lose it.

So I'll just say this book is occasionally dark and as totally twisted as you'd expect from Kat and Agnes Merikan's wonderfully alternative imaginations.

Loved it. Read it!

#ARC kindly received from the authors in return for an honest and unbiased review.
☙ percy ❧
i have to get up at 5am so i obviously stayed up reading this until 3am

i don't know if it's because i've read the most fucked-up shit ever (I Hear They Burn for Murder, anyone?) but i didn't actually find this that dark, but it still is pretty fucked up and certainly morally grey. but to be fair, taron only killed that man because (view spoiler) so, y'know.

if you want to dip your toe into the waters of dar
Angela
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
“He ends up taking a detour into the darkest pit of horror, abducted by a silent, imposing man with a blood-stained axe”

Yesssssss. That’s what I’m talking about! Let’s go!

The first chapter delivers. It was exactly as described and I was ready. Hit me with the depravity!

Reading more... things are getting too nice. Further.... zero dark pits of horror. Oh here comes the explanation for what happens in the opening scene! 😕😐🤣😂 I’m out.

The beginning is aces and everything the blurb claimed but then
Lara Di Iorio
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Si confermano le Regine indiscusse ❤ Geniali, pazzesche, meravigliose Merikan🤩
5 stelle sono troppo poche🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Amanda
I was holding my breathe before I dived in because the authors said this is 'wayyy dark'. I was prepared for all kinds of mind fuckery, but I guess KA Merikan already desensitized to me to what they consider 'wayy dark'. Dark level between 1 to 10, I give this a 6.

Colin, a med student lead a mundane but highly demanding life. One day he decided to spice up his life by taking a wrong way home, which lead to some big consequences.

Here comes, Taron, who is mute, a literally ax murderer who was caug
JenMcJ
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. This started off dark but didn't maintain that tension or the level of obsession KAM are so good at usually. The beginning and first sex scene were right on track and then it stuttered before dying out. I'm not sure why this went in the direction it did, it took all the dark and damage out of the story. This book teased but didn't deliver Stockholm syndrome or the expectation of dubcon/psychological manipulation. It didn't actually deliver true dark characters either. I was also confu ...more
Joyfully Jay
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

So before I go any further, let me offer a note. Wrong Way Home: Taken is part of the multi-author Criminal Delights series and, as a result, it deals with much darker themes than most books. Additionally, the lines between right and wrong tend to be more blurred. So if the idea of that turns you off, this series isn’t going to be for you.

So where to start. As a rule, I don’t mind a book with a lot of murky layers, but I have to admit that Wrong Way Home: Taken t
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
For those of you that don't know me, I am the BIGGEST WIMP when it comes to reading angsty and/or dark themed books. So for me to work up the courage to read a book by authors that are KNOWN for bringing the scary, I expect scary! I went into this expecting "leather face" levels of nightmare inducing darkness, but I got fluffy kitties. I can't believe that I'm disappointed by the lack of scary.
Skirmish
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.wordpress.com/2...
Rating: 3.5 Stars – that place between like and love
~Mindy Lynn~
3 Stars!

RTC

ARC was given to me by the authors in exchange for an honest review.
Gabriella (Gabi)

This was the smexy kind of dark book, and not the d.a.r.k. kind of dark if you get my meaning. The kind where it turns out the bad guy is not bad after all, or at least he has a reason to be bad, no matter if said reason makes sense only to him. At first I thought this guy is a lunatic, or maybe he has some kind of mental disorder. You're gonna have to read the book to find out which is it. :)

Colin is a little preppy and a brat. He mouths back when he shouldn't. But that's one of the tw
Nicole
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was expecting this to be darker than it is and I was prepared for it but it turned out it was cute, as cute as it could be considering, and the characters were likeable as well as the cats!

Interesting story. Something that is wrong to be so right. And how convenient the ending was!

I'd like to check out some of the other books in this series(?).
Amarilli Settantatre
Altri libri del duo mi sono piaciuti di più, però pure questo si legge al galoppo, senza riuscire a schiodarsi. E loro riescono a fare le cose più Krudeli al loro Papi riuscendo a renderlo pure un personaggio profondo...
*rece in arrivo**
Thais
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audio: 5 stars
Story: 5 stars
Heat Level: smoking hooooot
HEA? HELL YEAH

Review added:
I was hyping this book since the day I lay my eyes on it. That said, I was afraid I woudn't like because of it. To much expectations, you know? But - thank goodness - I was wrong. This was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

So, like the most, I was skeptical about the mute MC. I couldn't see how it would work. But it did, K.A Merikan did an amazing job. When the story begins, you feel the emotions through Collin's eyes. And man, I was
Love Is All Around
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-publisher
Voto: 3.5

Colin, studente di medicina, non è mai riuscito a farsi degli amici. La sua vita non lo soddisfa, perché non fa pressappoco nulla di quello che vorrebbe davvero (si limita ad accontentare i suoi genitori e seguire la strada che loro hanno spianato per lui), pertanto non si sente al suo posto da nessuna parte.
È arrivato al punto di dare retta a un audiolibro sull’autostima e a un impulso del momento per uscire dai soliti schemi preimpostati e mai messi in discussione, e ritrovarsi ad att
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Criminal Delights series.

Although I’ve heard great things I’ve not read anything by this duo before. That will certainly have to change as this was a great read.

When Colin a medical student takes a Wrong Way Home everything changes.

Taron has lived on his own for years. Living self sufficient he needs no one or nothing.He is used to the silence, the loneliness. When Colin witnesses a crime on his land Taron abducts him and keeps him locked up.

Keeping Colin captiv
Elsbeth
*1.5 stars*

0.5 stars for the sex scenes. But even those couldn't save the read for me.
Surely it must be me cause I hated this. For me this wasn't dark. It was stupid. And totally unbelievable.

How the hell to you fall in love with your abductor? You're just a horny basterd.

I don't know what to say more... Ugggh
Angie
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

Please read all the trigger warnings before starting this book. While I didn't find the book to be dark several might. This book was more angst to me than dark. I'm not going to repeat what the blurb says about this book, it was a tad twisted but so not what I expected. I actually loved the bickering between Taron and Colin and after finishing the book it was kind of a sweet book in a weird kind of way. I loved how well Taron and Colin me
Cory
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
What is it about K.A. Merikan books that make me root for the 'bad' guy. It probably doesn't hurt that this one is built like a brick house, has muscles for days, and a nicely groomed beard. Who cares that he's a little moody, bossy, and a brutal killer (I'm sure anyone can look past those tiny little imperfections).

So Colin picked the wrong weekend to take a different route home....no one likes change and this was definitely not the night to take a new way. He lands himself into a horrible scen
meep
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, bbj
Wrong Way Home is a standalone by K.A. Merikan but is also part of the Criminal Desires series by various wonderful authors.

Medical student Colin is on his way home to see his parents. While listening to an audiobook he takes a spontaneous detour and ends up witnessing a murder. He tries to get away but it is too late and he is captured.

Taron is mute and lives alone on his own land, away from everybody. To him people are a liability, so when he is witnessed murdering someone, he decides to take
K.S. Morgan
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really looking forward to this book and it didn't dissapoint. The tension and the atmosphere were delightfully intense, once I started reading, I couldn't stop.

The beginning and the premise resemble many horror movies, and since I adore horror movies and am quite picky, I was amazed at how well everything was depicted. Young Colin finds himself in a terrible situation where he witnesses murder in the woods and the murderer has no choice but to drag him to his house because while Colin is i
Carol (bookish_notes)
DNF @ 35%.

Well. I wanted to like this one. But I really should look up what words in the themes/content warnings mean before I start a book, so that’s on me. Prepping? I thought that meant something sexual, not Doomsday prepping with bunker and apocalyptic scenarios. Just no.

Yeah, this is a dark romance and everything about this is a Stockholm Syndrome relationship. Colin starts viewing his time in captivity as a vacation away from all responsibilities and his family.

Colin and Taron’s relatio
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d
“Aveva scopato di rado lo stesso ragazzo per più
di due volte. Preferiva le sveltine con sconosciuti o gigolò, ma con Colin poteva prendersi tutto il tempo che voleva, dato che sapeva che il suo compagno non lo avrebbe abbandonato dopo aver finito. Non aveva mai immaginato che potesse desiderare un rapporto simile”
0 likes
“«Che c’è?» sussurrò, non potendo più
sopportare quel silenzio.

Colin sussultò, come se fosse stato beccato con le mani nel sacco, ma, alla fine, appoggiò la testa sulla sua spalla.
«Stavo soltanto pensando che è tutto così… confortevole. Non mi rado da un
mese, non faccio la doccia due volte ogni giorno né mi preparo prima del sesso.
Credevo che mi sarebbe dispiaciuto, ma non è così. E credo che lo stesso valga
per te.»

Taron sbuffò e lo strinse. «Sei perfetto così come sei.» Era stato troppo sdolcinato. Andava bene. Gli era concesso dopo un orgasmo.

Colin farfugliò qualcosa, e anche se
Taron non poté vedere il suo viso, percepì il sorriso del suo compagno”
0 likes