Start by marking “Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken” as Want to Read:
Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken

Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken

Criminal Delights

--- One wrong turn. One right man. ---

Colin. Rule-follower. Future doctor. Witness to murder. Captive.
Taron. Survivalist. Mute. Murderer. Captor.

Like every other weekend, Colin is on his way home from university, but he’s taunted by the notion that he never takes risks in life and always follows the beaten path. On impulse, he decides to take a different
Published April 15th 2019 by Acerbi & Villani ltd

To ask other readers questions about Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights

Judith

One impulse decision is about to change two lives forever....

Colin, is a medical student. Tired of the expectations people around him have about his life he's about to embark on a journey that will take him to a dark place.Returning home for the weekend he suddenly decides to take a different route home.What he never expected was to witness something horrifying and be taken captive by a silent,broody,imposing man.

Taron has lived a solitary life for years.Just him and his cats,he's self suffici
Nazanin
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m
3.75 Stars

Colin was studying pre-med and would off to medical school soon. He didn’t have friends and wasn’t going to make any. He had never felt that he fit in with others. He always was a good boy, he was predictable and always followed the path laid out for him. He got good grades, he was studying to become a doctor, whatever his parents wanted. But when he’d foolishly decided to “shake things up a bit” and take a wrong turn home... well, you could guess what would happen to those who got los
K.A. Merikan
Nov 03, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Wrong Way Home

Coming out 15th April 2019
From the reviews I guess I've got to claim the tag of err... sweet dark romance??? XD

PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/KAMerikan...

This book is part of CRIMINAL DELIGHTS. Each novel can be read as a standalone and will contain a dark M/M romance.
Warning: These books are for adult readers who enjoy stories where lines between right and wrong get blurry. High heat, twisted and tantalizing, these are not for the fainthearted.
Lyn
Audio - 3.5 stars
Story - 2.75 stars

I liked the story, but didn't feel the connection between the MCs until the end.
~Mindy Lynn~
3 Stars!

These ladies really know how to do a dark romance. So color me shocked when I came away from this story thinking this wasn't as dark as I was hoping it would be. I guess I was a bit disappointed by that. How messed does that make me sound? LOL I just feel that reading a lot of these ladies stories, that they could've went a lot darker with this.

I think my biggest issue with the story was Colin. He just never grew on me. He made it really hard for me to feel any connection between him an
Ele
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4.25 stars*

A couple weeks back I was waiting with my kid to cross the road. A car with two people in it stopped and the driver smiled and politely nodded me to go ahead. I said thanks and moved on. The guy started the car again and proceeded to STEAL THE BAG OF AN OLD WOMAN who was standing by the side of the road. You guys, my polite thief was just.like.Taron! Taron zippes Colin’s jacket all the way up when it’s cold…after putting a shock collar around his neck. He also buckles the seatbelt ar
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Wrong Way Home is just the right flavor of twisted I have come to know and love from these authors. It's dark and wrong -- so so very wrong -- and I pretty much loved every moment.

Colin and Taron are such different characters. Colin, for instance, has pretty much gone with the flow, doing what he's told because he's terrified of the uncertainty of what happens if he doesn't. Taron forges his own path, full stop.

Colin longs to take that less traveled path, but he has no idea how to go a
Trio
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r, dark, mm, disability
Thoughtful and introspective, Wrong Way Home looks at how one man processes the changes in his life as every freedom is stripped away. A standalone story in the Criminal Delights series, K.A. Merikan’s Wrong Way Home is a dark tale of violence and lust. It’s also a romance that walks a fine line between Stockholm syndrome and true love, as only this author duo can do it.

I can always count on K.A. Merikan to find the silver lining in a bad situation, and what happens to the characters in this nov
Ky
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019, arc, dark
"Wrong Way Home" is a dark story with morally ambiguous characters and surprisingly romantic elements.

Colin is a student pressured by his parents to become a doctor, he always follows the rules and does his best to keep everyone around him happy even if that means that he's not.

In a brave moment Colin decides to take a detour on his way to his parents' house but soon this slight change from his routine turns into a nightmare. He meets Taron, a man wielding an ax and not speaking a word to him.

T
Chris
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A dark story about being taken captive... little did Colin know his life would change. Once you take away life’s distractions a sense of peace can be found. Really enjoyed this 😊
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
For those of you that don't know me, I am the BIGGEST WIMP when it comes to reading angsty and/or dark themed books. So for me to work up the courage to read a book by authors that are KNOWN for bringing the scary, I expect scary! I went into this expecting "leather face" levels of nightmare inducing darkness, but I got fluffy kitties. I can't believe that I'm disappointed by the lack of scary.
Cadiva
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wrote a really long and detailed review about how amazing this book is but Goodreads decided to crash and lose it.

So I'll just say this book is occasionally dark and as totally twisted as you'd expect from Kat and Agnes Merikan's wonderfully alternative imaginations.

Loved it. Read it!

#ARC kindly received from the authors in return for an honest and unbiased review.
☙ percy ❧
i have to get up at 5am so i obviously stayed up reading this until 3am

i don't know if it's because i've read the most fucked-up shit ever (I Hear They Burn for Murder, anyone?) but i didn't actually find this that dark, but it still is pretty fucked up and certainly morally grey. but to be fair, taron only killed that man because (view spoiler) so, y'know.

if you want to dip your toe into the waters of dar
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 3.8
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4.5 – It’s eye catching

I started this one right after Love of the Egoist. If you read that, you’ll understand why it was not a good idea to go into Wrong way Home right after that. I will try my best not to do something like that again.

It almost made me “not-appreciate” this book?

Simply because Taron is not DARK. Sure he does stuff differently, but he is not the type of dark character that makes your hair raise and your skin prickle. Once you ge
JenMcJ
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. This started off dark but didn't maintain that tension or the level of obsession KAM are so good at usually. The beginning and first sex scene were right on track and then it stuttered before dying out. I'm not sure why this went in the direction it did, it took all the dark and damage out of the story. This book teased but didn't deliver Stockholm syndrome or the expectation of dubcon/psychological manipulation. It didn't actually deliver true dark characters either. I was also confu ...more
Amanda
I was holding my breathe before I dived in because the authors said this is 'wayyy dark'. I was prepared for all kinds of mind fuckery, but I guess KA Merikan already desensitized to me to what they consider 'wayy dark'. Dark level between 1 to 10, I give this a 6.

Colin, a med student lead a mundane but highly demanding life. One day he decided to spice up his life by taking a wrong way home, which lead to some big consequences.

Here comes, Taron, who is mute, a literally ax murderer who was caug
Joyfully Jay
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

So before I go any further, let me offer a note. Wrong Way Home: Taken is part of the multi-author Criminal Delights series and, as a result, it deals with much darker themes than most books. Additionally, the lines between right and wrong tend to be more blurred. So if the idea of that turns you off, this series isn’t going to be for you.

So where to start. As a rule, I don’t mind a book with a lot of murky layers, but I have to admit that Wrong Way Home: Taken t
⚣Michaelle⚣
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, lgbt
A lot more...fluffy? than I thought it would be. But maybe starting (and temporarily halting, 'cause I'm a big ole chicken) Dangerous Savior a few days ago upped my terror threshold so that I was barely scared here at all. It's still pretty twisted though, don't get me wrong.

I'd LOVE OMG SO MUCH if there was a follow-up book given that ending.
Amy
May 06, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 31%. I love a dark and twisted abduction story. (See Capture or Captive in the Dark, both of which are 5-star reads for me) But I'm almost 1/3 of the way through this book and I don't find it dark or twisted. It's actually kind of silly and unbelievable. I feel no connection to these two. I feel no connection between these two. And the sex is mediocre. Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm not in the right mood, but this book is really not doing anything for me. Maybe I'll come back to it someday, ...more
Skirmish
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.wordpress.com/2...
Rating: 3.5 Stars – that place between like and love
Gabriella (Gabi)

This was the smexy kind of dark book, and not the d.a.r.k. kind of dark if you get my meaning. The kind where it turns out the bad guy is not bad after all, or at least he has a reason to be bad, no matter if said reason makes sense only to him. At first I thought this guy is a lunatic, or maybe he has some kind of mental disorder. You're gonna have to read the book to find out which is it. :)

Colin is a little preppy and a brat. He mouths back when he shouldn't. But that's one of the tw
Nicole
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was expecting this to be darker than it is and I was prepared for it but it turned out it was cute, as cute as it could be considering, and the characters were likeable as well as the cats!

Interesting story. Something that is wrong to be so right. And how convenient the ending was!

I'd like to check out some of the other books in this series(?).
Jinx
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
(view spoiler)

I still enjoyed it, I just felt like the reasoning behind the murder Colin witnessed should have been darker. Maybe I'm just desensitized to it all after 8 seasons of Dexter but, I just wanted more. 😒
Elsbeth
*1.5 stars*

0.5 stars for the sex scenes. But even those couldn't save the read for me.
Surely it must be me cause I hated this. For me this wasn't dark. It was stupid. And totally unbelievable.

How the hell to you fall in love with your abductor? You're just a horny basterd.

I don't know what to say more... Ugggh
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Criminal Delights series.

Although I’ve heard great things I’ve not read anything by this duo before. That will certainly have to change as this was a great read.

When Colin a medical student takes a Wrong Way Home everything changes.

Taron has lived on his own for years. Living self sufficient he needs no one or nothing.He is used to the silence, the loneliness. When Colin witnesses a crime on his land Taron abducts him and keeps him locked up.

Keeping Colin captiv
Thais
Audio: 5 stars
Story: 5 stars
Heat Level: smoking hooooot
HEA? HELL YEAH

Review added:
I was hyping this book since the day I lay my eyes on it. That said, I was afraid I woudn't like because of it. To much expectations, you know? But - thank goodness - I was wrong. This was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

So, like the most, I was skeptical about the mute MC. I couldn't see how it would work. But it did, K.A Merikan did an amazing job. When the story begins, you feel the emotions through Collin's eyes. And man, I was
Angie
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

Please read all the trigger warnings before starting this book. While I didn't find the book to be dark several might. This book was more angst to me than dark. I'm not going to repeat what the blurb says about this book, it was a tad twisted but so not what I expected. I actually loved the bickering between Taron and Colin and after finishing the book it was kind of a sweet book in a weird kind of way. I loved how well Taron and Colin me
Kagetsuya
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it! This books was so interesting during the entire book my mind was thinking about different futures or conspiracies... I love the characters and the way the writers developed the story.
LoveReading
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a story!!😍😍😍😍😍

This is one of the greatest stories that I ever read. The plot was amazing. The dynamics between the characters were complex and engaging. I couldn't put the down. I shall reread it again.
Cory
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
What is it about K.A. Merikan books that make me root for the 'bad' guy. It probably doesn't hurt that this one is built like a brick house, has muscles for days, and a nicely groomed beard. Who cares that he's a little moody, bossy, and a brutal killer (I'm sure anyone can look past those tiny little imperfections).

So Colin picked the wrong weekend to take a different route home....no one likes change and this was definitely not the night to take a new way. He lands himself into a horrible scen
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d
“Aveva scopato di rado lo stesso ragazzo per più
di due volte. Preferiva le sveltine con sconosciuti o gigolò, ma con Colin poteva prendersi tutto il tempo che voleva, dato che sapeva che il suo compagno non lo avrebbe abbandonato dopo aver finito. Non aveva mai immaginato che potesse desiderare un rapporto simile”
0 likes
“«Che c’è?» sussurrò, non potendo più
sopportare quel silenzio.

Colin sussultò, come se fosse stato beccato con le mani nel sacco, ma, alla fine, appoggiò la testa sulla sua spalla.
«Stavo soltanto pensando che è tutto così… confortevole. Non mi rado da un
mese, non faccio la doccia due volte ogni giorno né mi preparo prima del sesso.
Credevo che mi sarebbe dispiaciuto, ma non è così. E credo che lo stesso valga
per te.»

Taron sbuffò e lo strinse. «Sei perfetto così come sei.» Era stato troppo sdolcinato. Andava bene. Gli era concesso dopo un orgasmo.

Colin farfugliò qualcosa, e anche se
Taron non poté vedere il suo viso, percepì il sorriso del suo compagno”
0 likes